• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meowth for SSBB

hungrybum

Smash Journeyman
Meowth would just be one of the most awesome characters EVER!
He could easily fit in the game and his moveset(even if rushed) would be awesome

B- Payday: He would shoot coins a little bit like mario or sheik did it with the fireballs/ninja stars
B foward- Slash: He kind of do bowser's Koopa Klaw but 2 times, faster and weaker
Up B- Faint Attack: He turns dark for half a second and could point him a direction and he would take it (like fox and falco's recovery move)
Down B-Thief: If the opponent is close and that he has an item, use it and you will steal it from him(also works with transformation items (cloak,metal,starman ect...))

I would really like to see him among the other Nintendo villains

automirage04

Smash Rookie
I pray every night before I go to sleep that meowth wont make it in. And I wake up screaming half way through dreming that he does.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Well IMO Meowth is still one of the most well known pokemon, in fact IMO of course the most well known pokemon would be
  • Pikachu
  • Jigglypuff
  • Mewtwo
  • Meowth
  • Psyduck

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Porygon would be popular if they hadn't removed him from the English version and the rest of the series because of what happened with his episode...

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Is that the one that gave heaps of kids seizures?
Also in pokemon how come Ash had all those Tauros at Proffesor Oak's Lab back in Pallet Town but he never caught them?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Also in pokemon how come Ash had all those Tauros at Proffesor Oak's Lab back in Pallet Town but he never caught them?
Yes...that should be his attack in the game...

Seizure attack...Blinks colors on the screen fast attempting to give the players seizures...

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
The episode was also banned because of "gun usage". IIRC the one guy pointed a gun right in Ash's face.

-Knight

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The episode was also banned because of "gun usage". IIRC the one guy pointed a gun right in Ash's face.

-Knight
That was a different episode...I'm sure of it. A bunch of episodes have been banned

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Wait, what?

I thought that was the Dragonair episode...

Lol @ xianfeng.
I think it was. It definetly was NOT the Porygon one...

Yeah, that boob one was banned too...I forgot why James did that though...

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
If we get ANY more Pokemon reps, it better **** well be Meowth. He's really the last iconic and deserving Pokemon left.

Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Meowth
Mewtwo
Pokemon Trainer

Seriously, this is more or less the perfect five.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
If we get ANY more Pokemon reps, it better **** well be Meowth. He's really the last iconic and deserving Pokemon left.

Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Meowth
Mewtwo
Pokemon Trainer

Seriously, this is more or less the perfect five.
Really with Sakurai showing that he wants to represent the most current forms of the respective franchises (ex Ike, Lucas) I don't see why Sakurai wouldn't follow suit with Pokemon.

Having an entire cast based upon the first generation doesn't seem very viable.

-Knight

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Really with Sakurai showing that he wants to represent the most current forms of the respective franchises (ex Ike, Lucas) I don't see why Sakurai wouldn't follow suit with Pokemon.

Having an entire cast based upon the first generation doesn't seem very viable.

-Knight
Just because Link got his new TP design doesn't mean everyone is getting their latest look...

That was a natural transition because Link wearing chain mail and pants looks better than link wearing tites...that was basically the reason...Because TP looked better

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Just because Link got his new TP design doesn't mean everyone is getting their latest look...

That was a natural transition because Link wearing chain mail and pants looks better than link wearing tites...that was basically the reason...Because TP looked better
I don't understand what that has to do with that I just said. Pokemon spans 4 generations why not represent at least one other generation. The 1st generation isn't everything. Why not have a playable pokemon from the 2nd, 3rd or 4th gen?

-Knight

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
The gens after the 1st were HARDLY as influential and important to the series. 1st gen is the one that introduced all of the icons. Ask anyone within the age group of those who played 1st gen when the series first started - I promise you they'll remember all 151. As the series continued, you'd need more and more 'hardcore' Pokemon fans in order to find people to name ones from those generations.

151 = Iconic.
>151 =/= Iconic.

Brawlman

Smash Ace
We don't need more 1st gen Pokemon....We already have 2 characters, (4 if you count Trainer as 3) And we'll be getting Mewtwo or Jiggly most likely....We don't need more 1st gen...

xianfeng

Smash Hero
No Meowth.

Arceus > Meowth
Mewtwo > Meowth
Jiggs > Meowth

Hell, Pichu > Meowth.
I only know who Arceus is because of this place here, and Jigglypuff didn't have have half the personality Meowth did in the show. Also Mewtwo I always found kinda boring I always prefered Mew.

We don't need more 1st gen Pokemon....We already have 2 characters, (4 if you count Trainer as 3) And we'll be getting Mewtwo or Jiggly most likely....We don't need more 1st gen...
First Gen is most popular and deserves the most reps.

I don't understand what that has to do with that I just said. Pokemon spans 4 generations why not represent at least one other generation. The 1st generation isn't everything. Why not have a playable pokemon from the 2nd, 3rd or 4th gen?
I don't see why pokemon should be included or not purely because of generations. Other generations can be represented through moves or pokeballs or other items and stages. A character shouldn't be added just because they are from a different generation. Stick to what we know.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
The gens after the 1st were HARDLY as influential and important to the series. 1st gen is the one that introduced all of the icons. Ask anyone within the age group of those who played 1st gen when the series first started - I promise you they'll remember all 151. As the series continued, you'd need more and more 'hardcore' Pokemon fans in order to find people to name ones from those generations.

151 = Iconic.
>151 =/= Iconic.
I will give you that the 1st generation was the most influential, as it introduced Pokemon for the very first time; but it is not the most important. All of the generations of pokemon are important to the overall franchise. The 1st generation alone could not have earned enough sales to become the 2nd soon to be the 1st (unless Mario does something insane) best selling franchise in the world.

So why not have other represention from other generations of pokemon? There are many popular and well liked pokemon outside of the first generation.

-Knight

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I will give you that the 1st generation was the most influential, as it introduced Pokemon for the very first time; but it is not the most important. All of the generations of pokemon are important to the overall franchise. The 1st generation alone could not have earned enough sales to become the 2nd soon to be the 1st (unless Mario does something insane) best selling franchise in the world.

So why not have other represention from other generations of pokemon? There are many popular and well liked pokemon outside of the first generation.

-Knight
I've played pokemon since the first game and the only ones I can name all of them introduced in that gen IS the first...There are hardly ANY pokemon outside the first gen that have any importance...some in the least none of them are moreso than the first

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace

-Knight
Why not? Is that really the ONLY reason to add any reps out of the 1st gen? Just 'why not?'? That's a pretty crappy reason, truth be told.

And yes, the original 151 are FAR more iconic to the series than these newcomers could EVER be.

An oldschool Pokemon player picks up the game and sees Meowth. "Oh, cool! I remember him."

An oldschool Pokemon player picks up the game and sees Lucario. "Oh. Um. Okay? Who's this ???"

Brawlman

Smash Ace
I've played pokemon since the first game and the only ones I can name all of them introduced in that gen IS the first...There are hardly ANY pokemon outside the first gen that have any importance...some in the least none of them are moreso than the first
That's YOUR opinion. I can remember all the Pokemon's names....And I'm not a GIANT Pokefan.

Just because YOU can only remember all of the first gen and not all of the others DOESN'T mean that the other gens shouldn't be repped by playable characters.

xianfeng

Smash Hero

-Knight
First and Second gen are the best selling pokemon games with the fourth gen being third best selling so the ones we need to look at are the ones that have been in all the games, been in the show, the ones people will actually remember none of this Darkrai or Arceus bull****, pokemon people really know.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
That's YOUR opinion. I can remember all the Pokemon's names....And I'm not a GIANT Pokefan.

Just because YOU can only remember all of the first gen and not all of the others DOESN'T mean that the other gens shouldn't be repped by playable characters.
That's not my opinion, it's the truth. The majority of the gamers, from the time the first game came out until now, know the influence of the first gen...but after that know fewer and fewer. It was the only one with real inspiration...

Brawlman

Smash Ace
Actually...In all honesty....The 2nd gen was the most insparational/influential.

It introduced

Time
Eggs
Breeding
Weather
Dark and Steel types

And it was the longest out of the 4 gens....So why aren't we debating over a 2nd gen rep? :chuckle:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Actually...In all honesty....The 2nd gen was the most insparational/influential.

It introduced

Time
Eggs
Breeding
Weather
Dark and Steel types

And it was the longest out of the 4 gens....So why aren't we debating over a 2nd gen rep? :chuckle:
Because the pokemon themselves in the second gen weren't as influencial. And no, the game was not more influential...It just added more stuff

xianfeng

Smash Hero

Why should the other gens be repped by playable characters? Aren't moves, stickers, trophys, pokeballs and items good enough for you?

Brawlman

Smash Ace
Added more stuff that helped the games in the future.

And, technicaly, we can't say weather a Pokemon is influential or not, just by assuming.

I mean, look at the Pokemon character battle thread! Lucario is at the top by a longshot!

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Why not? Is that really the ONLY reason to add any reps out of the 1st gen? Just 'why not?'? That's a pretty crappy reason, truth be told.

There are plenty of reasons why there should be represention from other generations. Just check the numerous other threads with pokemon from the other generations. So I wouldn't say there crappy reasons.

And yes, the original 151 are FAR more iconic to the series than these newcomers could EVER be.

An oldschool Pokemon player picks up the game and sees Meowth. "Oh, cool! I remember him."

An oldschool Pokemon player picks up the game and sees Lucario. "Oh. Um. Okay? Who's this ???"
That is a really ****ty situation to use. Tell me did the majority of people know who the Ice Climbers were? Please don't use crappy situations like that as they hold no ground at all.

Oh well, the only way to know 100% wether or not any other generation of pokemon will have a playable representative is to have it annouced on the Dojo or some other offical means. I feel like this conversation is going nowhere. I mean you couldn't even accept the idea of a playable pokemon outside of the 1st generation? That's just absurd.

-Knight

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Added more stuff that helped the games in the future.

And, technicaly, we can't say weather a Pokemon is influential or not, just by assuming.

I mean, look at the Pokemon character battle thread! Lucario is at the top by a longshot!
Well, the fact that people know more pokemon at average in the first than the second...I think that means they were more influencial. Lucario is only more popular because of little kids that probably never played any games before 64

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
That is a really ****ty situation to use. Tell me did the majority of people know who the Ice Climbers were? Please don't use crappy situations like that as they hold no ground at all.

-Knight
Just because a couple of unknown characters got in, doesn't mean we're OBLIGATED to have more. Don't give me that crap.

Black/Light

Smash Master
In all truthfulness Meowth is the only other pokemon I see with a "very good likely hood" of getting in as a playable character from the Pokemon world who hasn't been in as a PC yet.

"Lucario had a movie". One co-starring role in a movie from 2 years ago and never did anything important. . . :ohwell:

Meowth is the only other pokemon to appear in the anime as much as Pika (more if you count the spin offs that have nothing to do with Ash and Pika). He is also the only other 1st gen pokemon to stay in the series from start to now and is way more reconizedable than any pokemon from any other gen.
(He has also appeared in every movie and is still used today to push pokey crap)

Sakurai has shown that he doesn't give 2 monkey's ***es about having pokemon characters rep "gens" seeing as the only new pokemon characters we have seen up til now are all from the 1st gen. Thats part of the reason why I don't see being from w/e gen as a plus for any pokemon. When it comes down to it it's about importance and recognizably to the masses...

Pika=Important (MASCOTT of the series/ brand) & Recognizable
Red=Important (FIRST trainer you play as and is in the most games) & Recognizable
His 3 playable character pokemon=Important (FIRST and most well known starters) & Recognizable
Puff=Important (to this day she is still the 2nd most popular pokemon) & Recognizable
Mew2=Important (the only villian of the games and was the star of the biggest anime movie to ever hit the US) & Recognizable.

Meowth is the closest thing I can think if to that.

Top Bottom