• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meowth for SSBB

Black/Light

Smash Master
Oh no no no now, lets not start that arguement ok? Like I said in a earlyer post I can give ALOT of reasons that Blaziken should get in and ALOT of reason that Meowth shouldn't.

You don't want this arguement, I have won with even less back-up than I have now. OK? (^_^)

SupaSmashBrotha

Smash Ace
Oh no no no now, lets not start that arguement ok? Like I said in a earlyer post I can give ALOT of reasons that Blaziken should get in and ALOT of reason that Meowth shouldn't.

You don't want this arguement, I have won with even less back-up than I have now. OK? (^_^)
You only win an argument of opinions by changing that person's view of things, which I doubt you did.

Black/Light

Smash Master
You only win an argument of opinions by changing that person's view of things, which I doubt you did.
Oh, so you know every arguement I have been in? FYI, there is someone on these very forums that I won over to the Blaziken side (for the most part) after having the same arguement on 3 different forums with him.

Trust me, I have ALOT of research from that arguement and can dish it out pretty good.

SupaSmashBrotha

Smash Ace
I was just reading a few pages back and noticed that every1 was saying that Meowth was only popular from the anime. If that's true then tell me: How did jiggs make it into SSB if they only wanted popular video game chars?

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Jigglypuff is incredibly popular in Japan. That's why both Jiggs and Pikachu are in SSB, and also why they are so key in the anime. Contrary to popular belief, pokemon aren't added in SSB due to their role in the anime (not directly anyway, but if the anime makes the pokemon popular then it has an indirect connection)

That said, Meowth is very popular (which is why he also plays a key role in the anime), and does offer a unique moveset seeing as he's different to the other pokemon in SSB and there isn't really a cat like charcter in the game. He's the most likely 1st gen pokemon to get in, though I would like some newer pokemon to be playable as well.

It may just be me, but I always used to think that the reason they chose meowth was because team rocket always tried to capture Pikachu (so was essentially a game of cat and mouse, though the mouse fought back with avengence)

Mar~

Smash Apprentice
Go Meowth!

Meowth es una muy buena opcion para el Brawl, él tiene ataques originales y forma de peleador. Ademas, es un personaje clasico de Pokemon y es bien representativo de su serie

Ademas, es probable que la razon por la que no esta en las pokebolas del Melee pero sin embargo en los trofeos si, es porque pensaban incluirlo en el proximo smash

Hay que pensar que no todos los personajes nuevos para el Brawl tienen que ser ''cools'' esteticamente

Meowth is a very good option for the Brawl, he has original assaults and form of fighter. In addition, he is a classic personage of Pokemon and is representative well of his serie

In addition, it is probable that the reason for that not this one in the pokebolas of the Melee but nevertheless in the trophies if, it is because they were thinking to include it in the next smash

It is necessary to think that not all the new characters for the Brawl have to be "cools" aesthetically

Dew!

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
I dont think they will put another pokemon in brawl. It is already well represented with 4 characters.
It is well reped, but that won't mean we won't see more pokemon.
Mario is well reped, and we have wario added, and I wouldn't dobt seeing another mario
character added.

I think meowth has a good chance.

He talks
has alot of air time
He appeared in SSB64 as a pokeball character, and in SSBM as a trophy.

pass the syrup

Smash Journeyman
It is well reped, but that won't mean we won't see more pokemon.
Mario is well reped, and we have wario added, and I wouldn't dobt seeing another mario
character added.

I think meowth has a good chance.

He talks
has alot of air time
He appeared in SSB64 as a pokeball character, and in SSBM as a trophy.
I think mario deserves the rep, and the wario they are using is from wario ware, not a mario game. They wont share the same symbol. I guess i'd be okay if meowth replaced pichu or mewtwo though. I think 4 characters is representation enough for pokemon.

Mar~

Smash Apprentice
Para no ser egoistas con los fanaticos de la serie, hay que incluir mas cantidad de Pokemons, hay que tener en cuenta que habran muchos personajes a elejir en el Brawl

Not to be egoists with the fanatics of the series, it is necessary to include more Pokemons's quantity, is necessary to bear in mind that have many characters to choose in the Brawl

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
XD... wow. At first I thought it was weird but in a way it makes sence. Meowth has had just as much TV time as Pikachu and has had some episodes staring him. I mean he is Pikachu's rival. It would be pretty cool to add him but the chances of that... well who knows.

Angry Sun

Smash Apprentice
XD... wow. At first I thought it was weird but in a way it makes sence. Meowth has had just as much TV time as Pikachu and has had some episodes staring him. I mean he is Pikachu's rival. It would be pretty cool to add him but the chances of that... well who knows.
Exactly!

Considering how popular he is in Japan and America.
I'd say his chances are pretty high.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
I wanted Meowth to be in the first SSB and Melee, it'd be great to see him in Brawl. Too bad it's not happening. Does anyone remember "Meowth's Party" for GameCube?

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Sho' do!

And I don't see any glaring reasons for him not to be included. He's one of the main characters in the show, the movies, and the series in general. I wonder how Pichu and Jiggs got in over him in the first two Smash Bros...

EDIT - Okay, that's not the game "Meowth's Party", that's an album cover. But yeah, I know what you're talking about.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
Stop it, you are making me believe Meowth has a chance of being in Brawl. That would make me 63.45% more happy.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
^^^
NEVAR

Meowth should receive prevalence over such additions as Lucario, Deoxys, Blaziken(?), and whatever else is being suggested on the PokeBattle thread. Seriously, when was the last time you watched an episode of Pokemon that did NOT include the cat in any way, shape or form? And if I was a betting man, I'd say Jiggs got her place from all the name-taking she did in the show. Following that logic (that most Pokemon, being rather equal in terms of importance in the games, will be Brawl-worthy based on their places in the anime), there's no way Meowth wouldn't make it.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
I guess Jigglypuff got in Smash because he/she shares a lot of moves with Kirby, making him/her easier to make than a completely original moveset. Yay for Meowth in Brawl.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
But the only thing Jiggs's moveset ever had in common with Kirby's is the multi-jump. Pound, Sing, and Rest have no relation to Cutter, Swallow, and Stone. Even their aerials were/are different.

I've always been puzzled by it, but hey--whatever: justice will be served in Brawl.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
In Melee, Puff and Kirby somewhat share moves like ftilt, utilt, dtilt, fsmash, and dmash, they just have different effects. They also share the crouching animation, and Kirby has a fence of pain similar to Puff's wall of pain. I could be wrong, but those moves look very similar.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
...Fine, show me up. See if I care. Harumph!

Anyhoo. I don't quite remember that far back in my childhood, so I don't know for realz, but that sounds about right. They still had separate aerials though.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Why Jiggly got in before Meowth is beyond me indeed, but yeah. Now that he didn't get in, I don't see much of a chance.
I would definitely like him in, though... provided that they finally manage to make a decent 3d-model. He looks so ******** in all the Pokemon Stadium games and stuff, it's not even funny.

If he keeps his Japanese personality, he's one of my favourite additions.

So, was there a moveset anywhere or should I go ahead? If so, I could use some ideas for b-moves and stuff.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
I think that Jigglypuff got in first because the original Smash Bros. didn't have any villains. The reason why he didn't get in Melee was because Mewtwo was more popular and Pichu was easier to make because he was a clone.

I think Meowth, in a sense, is in the same category as Wario and Diddy Kong as a character that should have been in Melee but for whatever reason wasn't. So far the choices for playable Pokemon seem to be limited to the ones with significant roles in the cartoon, and in the cartoon Meowth is only second to Pikachu.

I think that Meowth will be in Brawl.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Is that why he shot out those coin things in 64? >_<

No, but seriously, why kinds of attacks would he have?

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Pokemon, man. PokeMON!! And I'd rather have 50 Pokemon characters than that lame kid naruto or the crappy sora character.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
i could see meowth performing a mix of claw, bite, and kick attacks for his a moves. oh and meowth for brawl

Pokebrawl

Smash Journeyman
A major reason Meowth is unique is because it can talk, and only TR's one can talk, thats in a show, and they aren't that significant in the games. Also, there are already 3 pokes from the first gen and new ones added during Brawl will most likely - no, definately - be from the 3rd and 4th gens. I do think Meowth shuould return as a Pokeball poke, however.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
so far only pikachu is confirmed, so we don't have 3 first gens so far, and the 3rd and 4th gen pokemon serve no other importance other then "oh its a new legendary"

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Well...I'd count on two more first gens returning, personally. But that isn't to say that he won't do more. I could see 5 or 6 Pokemon.

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
I think Meowth deserves to be in Brawl more than Lucario and Blaziken.

Top Bottom