• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meowth for SSBB

SupaSmashBrotha

Smash Ace
Bowserlick obviously knows nothing of the pokemon franchise, b/c he would know that Ash had a lot of small pokemon that would kick ,bigger ,"cooler" pokemon ***. So for him to judge Meowth based on his appearance isn't going to hold down for long in a discussion.

roy777

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4983-5528-9683
Meowth probably will get in they were even advertsing the game meowths party with his trophy, but it got cancelled. Thats why he has a guitar in his trophy.

Super_Cool

Smash Journeyman
NO KITTIES!!!... please?
Seriously, there is a reason they put him in a Pokeball. What will his moveset be?
B - Pay Day (Meowth throws coins at opponent)
B Smash - Fury Swipes (Meowth lunges at oppoent slashing with his claws like Wolverine in Marvel vs. Capcom)
B Up - Faint Attack (an optical illusion of Meowth falls to the ground and disappears, the real meowth appears upwards, enemies near him get hurt)
B Down - Guitar Jam (Meowth takes out his guitar from the gamecube demo and starts jammin')

Done. A moveset for the people without an imagination.

Black/Light

Smash Master
I don't see them putting in Meowth for alot of reasons. . . .

Some being that he isn't really a unique pokemon at all, they put him in a pokeball so they didn't care enuff for him to be a character before so why now.(Like someone said, there is a reason they put him in a pokeball)

And all this talk about " he can talk and use gadgets!!!". Well talking isn't too important seeing as M2 does talk at all in melee and Meowth has about as much chance of using gadgets as Jpuff has of using her marker for attacks.

Like I said, I don't see him coming in brawl (maybe in pokeballs. . . ).

Oh, and the div him self said he is not all about the most populare characters getting into brawl so being populare from the anime souldn't be used as a reason.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
As for the Faint Attack, I can see the real Meowth disappearing and being replaced by an illusion, while the real one does a CF-esque leap (like his Up B), but probably more horizontal, and then the two Meowths (real and image) converge in a pincer sort of strike. Just an idea. =)

Black/Light

Smash Master
If that was the case then Jigglypuff would never be in any smash so take your Meowth hate elsewhere.
If what was the case? He didn't make it in the first 2 so why include him now? And whats your point? I didn't hate on meowth. . . . I don't think Geno/ Todd/ Tom Nook will get in but that dosn't mean I hate them.

I gave you a few of my many reasons for my thinking he is not coming and you scream " take your hate somewhere else!" and something about jpuff????

DokturSea

Smash Lord
Wario didn't get into the last two ones. Pitt didn't either. And neither did Metaknight, but here we are, with all three confirmed.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Some being that he isn't really a unique pokemon at all, they put him in a pokeball so they didn't care enuff for him to be a character before so why now.(Like someone said, there is a reason they put him in a pokeball).
I disagree he has a large variety of moves and they create new pokemon moves all the time, They put him in a pokeball because they wanted him included somehow, Nintendo knew he was popular and acted on it.

And all this talk about " he can talk and use gadgets!!!". Well talking isn't too important seeing as M2 does talk at all in melee and Meowth has about as much chance of using gadgets as Jpuff has of using her marker for attacks.
If the pokemon didn't take anything from the anime then they would make weird noises not say their names

Like I said, I don't see him coming in brawl (maybe in pokeballs. . . ).
That's ok I do see him coming, I guessed 3 newcomers so far.

Oh, and the div him self said he is not all about the most populare characters getting into brawl so being populare from the anime souldn't be used as a reason
There is no "e" in popular sorry about that, Popularity does play a role and you can't deny it Sakurai will have to put in some recognisable characters as well as his retro ones, there will be more recognisable characters then there will be vintage.

Black/Light

Smash Master
To DokturSea. Wario's game wasn't out than (look at his out-fit. . . it's from his game)/ They had G&W and the IC for their "Old a$$ characters few people knew" for melee and he said he didn't want to add too many of his own characters so MK didn't make it in melee.

I disagree he has a large variety of moves and they create new pokemon moves all the time, They put him in a pokeball because they wanted him included somehow, Nintendo knew he was popular and acted on it..
To be truthful ALOT of pokemon could have completely unique move-set in ssb. . . it's just that Meowth really isn't a unique pokemon in the poke games.
And we all know he was well known so he was one of the ones to get pokeballed and imo will stay there..

If the pokemon didn't take anything from the anime then they would make weird noises not say their names.
They make those noises because the GB couldn't do the names. And thats VERY minor, not like Jpuff getting her marker or Meowth using gadgets if thats what your talking about.

That's ok I do see him coming, I guessed 3 newcomers so far..
Well Im assuming you mean Pitt/ MK/ Wario which all seemed like givens (for Pitt you could have been one of the few that knew who he was).

Meowth doesn't seem like a given to me.

There is no "e" in popular sorry about that, Popularity does play a role and you can't deny it Sakurai will have to put in some recognisable characters as well as his retro ones, there will be more recognisable characters then there will be vintage.
Theres a BIG differance between popularity and just being recognisable. Yeah, they would have to be recognisable to some level but there are other recognisable pokemon that would not be in based only on being popular like Meowth.

And I would think that he would want the retro characters to come from retro series (Pitt) and newer characters from series that have newer games.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
To DokturSea. Wario's game wasn't out than (look at his out-fit. . . it's from his game)/ They had G&W and the IC for their "Old a$$ characters few people knew" for melee and he said he didn't want to add too many of his own characters so MK didn't make it in melee.
Wario still had Wario land then.

To be truthful ALOT of pokemon could have completely unique move-set in ssb. . . it's just that Meowth really isn't a unique pokemon in the poke games.
And we all know he was well known so he was one of the ones to get pokeballed and imo will stay there..
I disagree again, In Pokemon Yellow Meowth was on his hind legs which made him somewhat unique. Then Why was Meowth removed from his pokeball in Melee and only had a trophy, One of my crazy theorys is that he was supposed to be a playable character then was scrapped for Mewtwo, they didn't bother to shove him in a pokeball but he still got his trophy.

They make those noises because the GB couldn't do the names. And thats VERY minor, not like Jpuff getting her marker or Meowth using gadgets if thats what your talking about.
Nintendo didn't even plan for them to say their own names until the anime and taking gadgets isn't that unrealistic.

Well Im assuming you mean Pitt/ MK/ Wario which all seemed like givens (for Pitt you could have been one of the few that knew who he was).
I knew who pit was yes and those where the ones I guessed.

Meowth doesn't seem like a given to me.
Does to me because he is the most recognisable pokemon left

Theres a BIG differance between popularity and just being recognisable. Yeah, they would have to be recognisable to some level but there are other recognisable pokemon that would not be in based only on being popular like Meowth.
Meowth is the most recognisable pokemon left

And I would think that he would want the retro characters to come from retro series (Pitt) and newer characters from series that have newer games.
Then what about the returning characters like Meowth.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Wario still had Wario land then..
They may have just not wanted any more Mario characters. . . . Or they didn't care for Wario land and saw this new one as a great reason for him to be in as his own non- Mario character.

I disagree again, In Pokemon Yellow Meowth was on his hind legs which made him somewhat unique. Then Why was Meowth removed from his pokeball in Melee and only had a trophy, One of my crazy theorys is that he was supposed to be a playable character then was scrapped for Mewtwo, they didn't bother to shove him in a pokeball but he still got his trophy..
That game was based on the anime. . . by that logic James has a chance. And that really didn't make him unique seeing as other meowths were in that pose (very close to it).

And they may have wanted newer pokemon in the pokeballs so they kicked him to trophys.

My theory is that they put in Pichu not because he was popular( because he wasn't) but because they only added in one true new pokemon and wanted a easy to make newer pokemon (so Pichu got in as a clone and as a newer pokemon).

.[/QUOTE]

Nintendo didn't even plan for them to say their own names until the anime and taking gadgets isn't that unrealistic..
From that I would think that it was their idle for them to say their names so it would make sense having them do the same in a game where they can say something.

And the point still stands, that is completely anime Meowth persona and they didn't give Jpuff her marker so why give him gadgets?

I knew who pit was yes and those where the ones I guessed..
And I guessed that you guessed them so that gives me even more credit than before that my guesses are pretty good lol.

Meowth is the most recognisable pokemon left.
Yet they still didn't put him in. . . . he is only recognisable because of his popularity when pokemon was all the blaze. There are newer recognisable pokemon that are very much more unique than he.

Then what about the returning characters like Meowth.

What do you mean? Charizard is a returning popular pokemon in the games and a iconic one at that, should he get in?

xianfeng

Smash Hero
They may have just not wanted any more Mario characters. . . . Or they didn't care for Wario land and saw this new one as a great reason for him to be in as his own non- Mario character.
Wario would have been added for Wario Land if he was in melee, not Mario.

From that I would think that it was their idle for them to say their names so it would make sense having them do the same in a game where they can say something.

And the point still stands, that is completely anime Meowth persona and they didn't give Jpuff her marker so why give him gadgets?
Using a marker to fight is illogical, using gadgets works.

That game was based on the anime. . . by that logic James has a chance. And that really didn't make him unique seeing as other meowths were in that pose (very close to it).
Technically James does have a chance

And they may have wanted newer pokemon in the pokeballs so they kicked him to trophys.
Then why did Charizard remain

My theory is that they put in Pichu not because he was popular( because he wasn't) but because they only added in one true new pokemon and wanted a easy to make newer pokemon (so Pichu got in as a clone and as a newer pokemon).
Pichu wasn't added because he was new, he was added because he was popular in Japan andd would be an easy addition.

Yet they still didn't put him in. . . . he is only recognisable because of his popularity when pokemon was all the blaze. There are newer recognisable pokemon that are very much more unique than he.
none of the pokemon from the 2nd generation and up are as recognisable as Meowth because Pokemon is out it was a fad with the first gen then it dissapered

What do you mean? Charizard is a returning popular pokemon in the games and a iconic one at that, should he get in?
He would make a great addition, but I don't think he will be in because he isn't requested as much although he is the coolest starter ever.

Super_Cool

Smash Journeyman
Anyone from Pokemon Yellow doesn't have a chance since it was based off of the Anime. James has 0 chance, neither does Jessie. they are from anime.

However, Pokemon Yellow wasn't the only game where Meowth stood on two legs. The sprites they used for him now feature those pokemon that way, so that isn't a problem. Any Meowth can stand up now.

What are these gadgets you speak of? From the Anime? NO. The only weapon he could have is the guitar he used in "Meowth's Party," the GameCube demo.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Wario would have been added for Wario Land if he was in melee, not Mario..
Not really seeing as he has WarioWare (w/e it's called) out-fit and not the Wario land fit. That would have been a Mario clone and 2 other characters with the same fit as him.

Using a marker to fight is illogical, using gadgets works..
Thats not the point, the point is that she IN NO WAY used the thing that she was famose for in the anime.

Technically James does have a chance.
Than that would mean that Red (Ash) has a chances too. . . I don't see them getting in over Ash if they are using the anime (which they are not) as a way to select characters.

Then why did Charizard remain.
Because he is alot more popular game wise (was on the cover of red) and liked more/ a iconic pokemon.

Pichu wasn't added because he was new, he was added because he was popular in Japan andd would be an easy addition..
Pichu was never really popular, it was just the new baby Pika which got it recognized.

none of the pokemon from the 2nd generation and up are as recognisable as Meowth because Pokemon is out it was a fad with the first gen then it dissapered.
Yet, again, they didn't choose him. And the 2nd gen was crap well the 3rd came back and was the highest selling GB title ever so they didn't dissappear.
And there are still recognizable pokemon from that gen but no pokemon are more seen than the iconic ones from the 1st which are why they are called popular.

He would make a great addition, but I don't think he will be in because he isn't requested as much although he is the coolest starter ever.
He was WAY more wanted than Meowth back than. People who want meowth only see the anime for choosing pokemon and not the game from what I see. If they used game meowth (like they used game Jpuff) than it would be on all 4s and have claw attacks. . . .nothing too great.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Anyone from Pokemon Yellow doesn't have a chance since it was based off of the Anime. James has 0 chance, neither does Jessie. they are from anime.
But it was still a game so it still counts

However, Pokemon Yellow wasn't the only game where Meowth stood on two legs. The sprites they used for him now feature those pokemon that way, so that isn't a problem. Any Meowth can stand up now.
Yeah that was after Pokemon Yellow

What are these gadgets you speak of? From the Anime? NO. The only weapon he could have is the guitar he used in "Meowth's Party," the GameCube demo.
was there episodes of the show on Pokemon Channel, if there was and it showed Team Rocket using weapons (This includes Meowth) then it was on a game so it counts and if Nintendo wanted to they could draw more stuff from the anime.

Super_Cool

Smash Journeyman
But it was still a game so it still counts
No, it's based off the show. They had a game based off of Futurama, does that make Fry a video game character? NO. Jessie and james originated on the show but were in one game. Are they video game characters? NO.

Yeah that was after Pokemon Yellow
Yes, yes it was.

was there episodes of the show on Pokemon Channel, if there was and it showed Team Rocket using weapons (This includes Meowth) then it was on a game so it counts and if Nintendo wanted to they could draw more stuff from the anime.
Key words: "episodes of the SHOW." Must I do the Futurama analogy again?

xianfeng

Smash Hero
He was WAY more wanted than Meowth back than. People who want meowth only see the anime for choosing pokemon and not the game from what I see. If they used game meowth (like they used game Jpuff) than it would be on all 4s and have claw attacks. . . .nothing too great.
Why would he be on all fours when in the games he is on his hind legs and he has way more than claw attacks it's called Pay Day and through TMs he can learn all sorts of stuff INCLUDING Shadow Ball.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Why would he be on all fours when in the games he is on his hind legs and he has way more than claw attacks it's called Pay Day and through TMs he can learn all sorts of stuff INCLUDING Shadow Ball.
In the games they may stand on 2 legs but like Pika they run on all 4s so thats what I mean't.

And Pika doesn't have surf or fly (2 attacks you can teach it in yellow) or many other TMs it could learn because they don't truely show who Pika is. Mew can learn any attack. . . but does fire-spin really show who Mew is? Jpuff's moves show who she is and Meowth's would show who he is, a normal pokemon with normal attacks like claw attacks and pay day (Wow, Your really pulling ideas from where every now. First gadgets from the SHOW, now TMs that, even if he can learn them, have nothing to do with him or his character like Shadow ball).

And payday is not too much to get worked up about.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
In the games they may stand on 2 legs but like Pika they run on all 4s so thats what I mean't.

And Pika doesn't have surf or fly (2 attacks you can teach it in yellow) or many other TMs it could learn because they don't truely show who Pika is. Mew can learn any attack. . . but does fire-spin really show who Mew is? Jpuff's moves show who she is and Meowth's would show who he is, a normal pokemon with normal attacks like claw attacks and pay day (Wow, Your really pulling ideas from where every now. First gadgets from the SHOW, now TMs that, even if he can learn them, have nothing to do with him or his character like Shadow ball).

he has a lot more than that and he is very likely.

Super_Cool

Smash Journeyman

B - Pay Day (Meowth throws coins at opponent)
B Smash - Fury Swipes (Meowth lunges at oppoent slashing with his claws like Wolverine in Marvel vs. Capcom)
B Up - Faint Attack (an optical illusion of Meowth falls to the ground and disappears, the real meowth appears upwards, enemies near him get hurt)
B Down - Guitar Jam (Meowth takes out his guitar from the gamecube demo and starts jammin')

What's wrong with this moveset? I came up with that moveset in a couple of seconds, so surely the makers of the game could do something better.

BTW, xianfeng, how come you didn't respond to my previous post?

tirkaro

Smash Champion
response to the poeple who dont belive that the pokemon in smash are based off of the anime:
the pokemon in smash ARE based on the anime. why? they say thier names like they did in the anime. plus have you ever played the 3d pokemon games?they would certainly have the power to make them say thier names right? HOWEVER they make those pokemon cries as they did in the GB games. so that means the pokemon in smash are based off of the tv show. end of story.

EDIT: ALSO, in the japanese version, mewtwo could actualy, *gasp* TALK! he even used his voice from the japanese movie! I didn't see any game where M2 could talk! that means that the pokemon ARE based off of the tv show.

GenG

Smash Lord
Most characters need to talk. Why to pick a new voice when you have the voice actors for each one? Japanese are very careful with the dubs as they don't like to change voices for characters. It has nothing to do with the anime.

Black/Light

Smash Master
To super-cool.

Why would Meowth use a dark attack? (Faint)
And why would he use the guitar from some demo?

Take those 2 away and you have F-S and payday. . . .not to great.

(I guess xianfeng doesn't want to talk anymore with that statement so I will leave him alone.)

To tirkaro.

We already went down that road. And Mewtwo can talk period. Theres only one and it's power as a mew clone lets him talk. Why would they make him talk in the games? He has a cry like every other pokemon. Their are somethings they have happen in the anime because it wouldn't work in game.

(And why would they just up and have every pokemon say their name in R/S? It takes more momory to do so. I would also like to see the site that shows M2 talking in Japan because I think I have heard of it but never saw any proof)

Super_Cool

Smash Journeyman
To super-cool.

Why would Meowth use a dark attack? (Faint)
And why would he use the guitar from some demo?

Take those 2 away and you have F-S and payday. . . .not to great.
Meowth would use a dark attack because he learns that one without a TM. I think when you encounter a wild Meowth in GSC, he uses faint attack.

He would use his guitar because that demo was used to show off the GameCube's graphics at E3 a few years ago. There was also a rumor at the time that their would be a game based off of that. Heck, in Melee, Meowth's trophy had him holding the guitar and even talked about the Meowth at the demo! If Meowth gets in, he's definitely gonna be ustilizing his guitar.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Meowth would use a dark attack because he learns that one without a TM. I think when you encounter a wild Meowth in GSC, he uses faint attack.

He would use his guitar because that demo was used to show off the GameCube's graphics at E3 a few years ago. There was also a rumor at the time that their would be a game based off of that. Heck, in Melee, Meowth's trophy had him holding the guitar and even talked about the Meowth at the demo! If Meowth gets in, he's definitely gonna be ustilizing his guitar.
My point was that that attack doesn't really show who Meowth is like F-S or payday so it doesn't matter if he learns it in game. Pika learns light screen by lev but he never got it in ssb cause it realy doesn't show who he is.

And why would they give him a guitar that never made it to a game? They might have just talked about it because. . . . it was a demo with a pokemon in it.

Super_Cool

Smash Journeyman
My point was that that attack doesn't really show who Meowth is like F-S or payday so it doesn't matter if he learns it in game. Pika learns light screen by lev but he never got it in ssb cause it realy doesn't show who he is.

And why would they give him a guitar that never made it to a game? They might have just talked about it because. . . . it was a demo with a pokemon in it.
Mewtwo learns Disable and he has it as an attack in the SSB. Disable doesn't show off who Mewtwo is, it's not even a psychic attack. Heck, Mewtwo can't even learn shadow ball without a TM yet that attack got in.

Meowth's Party was rumored to become a game at some point in time but that never happened, and they put his trophy in to be an ad for it. They would incorperate his guitar, as that would have been the first and only game to feature him as the main star, not Pikachu.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Mewtwo learns Disable and he has it as an attack in the SSB. Disable doesn't show off who Mewtwo is, it's not even a psychic attack. Heck, Mewtwo can't even learn shadow ball without a TM yet that attack got in.

Meowth's Party was rumored to become a game at some point in time but that never happened, and they put his trophy in to be an ad for it. They would incorperate his guitar, as that would have been the first and only game to feature him as the main star, not Pikachu.
Disable does show his persona to some point seeing as he is pys and would be able to do SOME kind of mind game like that. And shadow ball may have been put in to show his villian side and give him a projectile. He is pretty much a bad example because they more-less missed doing anything to show him as the pokemon we all knew.

And now we give characters things from games that never came out?

Super_Cool

Smash Journeyman
Disable does show his persona to some point seeing as he is pys and would be able to do SOME kind of mind game like that. And shadow ball may have been put in to show his villian side and give him a projectile. He is pretty much a bad example because they more-less missed doing anything to show him as the pokemon we all knew.

And now we give characters things from games that never came out?
Your saying Mewtwo is the exception? I win the faint attack debate.

As for the guitar issue, Meowth is now shown in some promo art holding his guitar sometimes, even though his game was cancelled. Clips of the Pokemon Day thing in New York had pictures of Meowth with the guitar. The demo was shown at E3 and I think it was also shown on Kids WB (not sure). Also, in Melee, even Sakurai remembered him as the cat with the guitar. If he gets in Brawl, that guitar is gonna be shown one way or the other.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Your saying Mewtwo is the exception? I win the faint attack debate.

As for the guitar issue, Meowth is now shown in some promo art holding his guitar sometimes, even though his game was cancelled. Clips of the Pokemon Day thing in New York had pictures of Meowth with the guitar. The demo was shown at E3 and I think it was also shown on Kids WB (not sure). Also, in Melee, even Sakurai remembered him as the cat with the guitar. If he gets in Brawl, that guitar is gonna be shown one way or the other.
For one I never said M2 was the exception, I said he was a bad example because he was a bad character to use as a example ( the most powerful pokemon having stats and attacks that made him the weakest character in a fighting game. . .bad). Shadow ball does show his villianess side and disable shows some pys power (slight mind control). Tail whip would have been a better example because he is not known for that but it makes some sense seeing as he has a long tail.

And again, a game that never came out. If he has soo many great attacks why choose one from a game that never came out?

Super_Cool

Smash Journeyman
For one I never said M2 was the exception, I said he was a bad example because he was a bad character to use as a example ( the most powerful pokemon having stats and attacks that made him the weakest character in a fighting game. . .bad). Shadow ball does show his villianess side and disable shows some pys power (slight mind control). Tail whip would have been a better example because he is not known for that but it makes some sense seeing as he has a long tail.

And again, a game that never came out. If he has soo many great attacks why choose one from a game that never came out?
Him being a bad example makes him an exception to what you believe is correct, and since there is one exception, there can be more, like for Meowth...

And again, he is remembered by many people for that demo and guitar so it would be a move. What don't you understand about this? HIS FREAKIN' TROPHY HAD HIS GUITAR.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Him being a bad example makes him an exception to what you believe is correct, and since there is one exception, there can be more, like for Meowth...

And again, he is remembered by many people for that demo and guitar so it would be a move. What don't you understand about this? HIS FREAKIN' TROPHY HAD HIS GUITAR.
I said bad example as in he was a BAD character. His attacks did show him as a villian and mind user so, no matter how bad they were, they did show his character.

And again, a game that never came out. He is known by more people as that talking cat on a very weak team of villian stokers in a pokemon anime. They put that trophy in BECAUSE of him being well known and because of the demo. Again, IT NEVER CAME OUT.

Super_Cool

Smash Journeyman
I said bad example as in he was a BAD character. His attacks did show him as a villian and mind user so, no matter how bad they were, they did show his character.

And again, a game that never came out. He is known by more people as that talking cat on a very weak team of villian stokers in a pokemon anime. They put that trophy in BECAUSE of him being well known and because of the demo. Again, IT NEVER CAME OUT.
And you don't believe faint attack, a dark move, shows Meowth as part of a weak team of villain strokers like he is normally portraid because....

Who cares that it was never made into a full game? Find me the quote of Sakurai saying he won't include anything from demos for GameCube and maybe I will agree with you.

Black/Light

Smash Master
And you don't believe faint attack, a dark move, shows Meowth as part of a weak team of villain strokers like he is normally portraid because....

Who cares that it was never made into a full game? Find me the quote of Sakurai saying he won't include anything from demos for GameCube and maybe I will agree with you.
Faint attack is not like tail whip to M2, it would be a important attack to a dark pokemon's move-set and not a good choice for a normal type to have. And in no way is he known for that or would have any use for it seeing as F-S best shows him from both the games and anime. In fact, having a pretty good dark attack would go against him being known as a weak character.

And show me something saying that he plains to use characters from games that never came out. He said he's not using anime characters so that COULD be used to show he doesn't plain to use a TR meowth.

Super_Cool

Smash Journeyman
Faint attack is not like tail whip to M2, it would be a important attack to a dark pokemon's move-set and not a good choice for a normal type to have. And in no way is he known for that or would have any use for it seeing as F-S best shows him from both the games and anime. In fact, having a pretty good dark attack would go against him being known as a weak character.

And show me something saying that he plains to use characters from games that never came out. He said he's not using anime characters so that COULD be used to show he doesn't plain to use a TR meowth.
Meowth uses faint attack in the games. Who cares if its not from the anime, they would be using a generic Meowth from the pokemon games to fight, like they got a generic Pikachu, Pichu, and Jigglypuff (there is only one Mewtwo). Just because Team Rocket's Meowth doesn't know faint attack, doesn't mean he should have it in Brawl. Heck, did you know Team Rocket's Meowth doesn't know how to do Pay Day either? Maybe he shouldn't have that!

Well, let's see. Meowth had a guitar in his trophy. According to you, since it wasn't from a game, Sakurai should have done that, right? He obviously saw the demo and liked it and included a reference to it. He also doesn't conder the "Meowth's Party" Meowth to be the one from the anime considering it got a mention.

P.S. I never mentioned using TR's Meowth in the game so... WTF.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Meowth uses faint attack in the games. Who cares if its not from the anime, they would be using a generic Meowth from the pokemon games to fight, like they got a generic Pikachu, Pichu, and Jigglypuff (there is only one Mewtwo). Just because Team Rocket's Meowth doesn't know faint attack, doesn't mean he should have it in Brawl. Heck, did you know Team Rocket's Meowth doesn't know how to do Pay Day either? Maybe he shouldn't have that!

Well, let's see. Meowth had a guitar in his trophy. According to you, since it wasn't from a game, Sakurai should have done that, right? He obviously saw the demo and liked it and included a reference to it. He also doesn't conder the "Meowth's Party" Meowth to be the one from the anime considering it got a mention.

P.S. I never mentioned using TR's Meowth in the game so... WTF.

*sigh*

1. Go back a few pages, you were going off about how gadgets (tr meowth) could be used gadgets (I may have gotten you mixed up with xianfeng so if thats the case than Nvm)

2. So, we agree that a normal Meowth would be used. So there would be no talking/ 2 legged walking/ Gadget use and so on. So now you have a normal Meowth that would use NORMAL attacks along with pay day. Faint is a dark attack and doesn't really go hand-and-hand to what a normal Meowth would symbolize to us because Meowths don't have the villianess character that TR meowth had.
So would so many people want a normal Meowth as much as they want TR meowth?

3. Why would they use Meowth from a game that didn't come out? A trophy =/= a character when it comes to selecting. Pitt looks completely different to his Trophy so why would Meowth get a guitar from a game that never came to be just because its on his trophy which reped his demo?

Super_Cool

Smash Journeyman
*sigh*

1. Go back a few pages, you were going off about how gadgets (tr meowth) could be used gadgets (I may have gotten you mixed up with xianfeng so if thats the case than Nvm)
That wasn't me. I actually was agreeing with you about the gadgets debate.

2. So, we agree that a normal Meowth would be used. So there would be no talking/ 2 legged walking/ Gadget use and so on. So now you have a normal Meowth that would use NORMAL attacks along with pay day. Faint is a dark attack and doesn't really go hand-and-hand to what a normal Meowth would symbolize to us because Meowths don't have the villianess character that TR meowth had.
So would so many people want a normal Meowth as much as they want TR meowth?
The TR Meowth isn't the only Meowth that can walk on hind legs. In the games, all the Meowth can do that/

RSE. . . . GSC

Also, just because meowth is a normal type pokemon doesn't mean he has to always do normal type attacks. Pikachu and Pichu both use Quick attack which is a normal move even though they are electric types. mewtwo uses Disable, a normal attack, and shadow ball, a ghost attack. Meowth not using a dark type attack just because he's a normal type is absurd. It doesn't matter if he's not a villain, he learns the attack by leveling up.

3. Why would they use Meowth from a game that didn't come out? A trophy =/= a character when it comes to selecting. Pitt looks completely different to his Trophy so why would Meowth get a guitar from a game that never came to be just because its on his trophy which reped his demo?
Meowth would still use his guitar. Even if it wasn't a game, he still utilizes it in promo art. What don't you understand about this?

Top Bottom