• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meowth for SSBB

Sinistar71

Smash Cadet
the reason meowth has a guitar is because in one of the early tech demos for the gamecube entitled, "Meowth's Party", meowth is seen leading a band with an electric guitar. Perhaps that could be his Brawls move...he whips out the fuitar and rocks out, causing a massive pokemosh pit to trample the competition.
Regardless, I'm all for Meowth in brawl, since more pokemon being added is inevitable, maybe add mew as well (NOT a Mewtwo clone!!) and those too seem to be te most likely. Plus, Brawl needs kitties!

BIRDMAN22

Smash Journeyman
Why is that. Mew would be a BIG waste of time. It would be a smaller (probably lighter) mewtwo. They are supposed to be evenly matched and have the exact same moves, what with mewtwo being a clone and all. Yet Pichu being in melee makes your arguement valid. :ohwell:

Tiamat

Smash Journeyman
Meowth will rock if he screams "Team Rocket's blasting off again!" every time he gets star KO'd.

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
Anyway, yeah, I'm all for meowth, but I reckon his side B should be Thief.
It is basically Fox Illusion/Falco Phantasm, but
when he hits an enemy he will swap items with them in an instant.

If he is holing nothing, you will trade nothing for the enemy's item.
It sounds broken, but no-one plays with items besides me and my friends.
This would also wreak havoc on CPUs.
It should have more startup lag than Fox/Falco, but AT MOST 4 frames of ending lag.

It is cancelable by pressing A or B during it.

It cannot grab the item off a shielding person.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
How about this,

B- PAYDAY- Throws coins. Charge longerto throw more coins forther and faster

FOWARD B - SLASH- Like Bowser's Melee foward b, just more powerful, shorter, and doesn't grab opponent.

up b- BITE- Meowth launches foward, like CF's up B. If he collides with an opponent, he bites them, dealing lots 'o' damzge.

DOWN B- DEFENSE CuRL- Curls up for protection

SuPER SMASH ATTACK- FuRY SWIPES- Meowth targets one opponent and slashes his @** in a damage-dealing combo. Opponent doesn't fly, but just build up damage.

OFF TOPIC:

@SSJ4Kazuki : Did you relly make Kensuke and Ryota threads? I couldn't find any anywhere, wich is sad because they're such good characters.

@Xainfeg : I like the Meowth Pez-Head :p

Black/Light

Smash Master
Well, I know pokemon is Nintendo's 2nd highest selling series to this day but I just don't see them adding in Meowth. IMO he has way too many things working against him while the only thing working for him is him being in the anime all the time. . .which should have landed him in the last one if they wanted him in.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
Black/Light said:
Well, I know pokemon is Nintendo's 2nd highest selling series to this day but I just don't see them adding in Meowth. IMO he has way too many things working against him while the only thing working for him is him being in the anime all the time. . .which should have landed him in the last one if they wanted him in.
yeah, the anime is the only reason he is known. and he is a crap pokemon in the anime. he gets 1 KO'ed in every battle he is in.

primusfan

Smash Ace
I don't think there should be any more playable pokemon. There's too many other good characters that could be added. I think that they should keep the pokemon we have now, except Pichu. But no more pokemon as characters. I don't mind them if they are used as an item though.

Black/Light

Smash Master
primusfan said:
I don't think there should be any more playable pokemon. There's too many other good characters that could be added. I think that they should keep the pokemon we have now, except Pichu. But no more pokemon as characters. I don't mind them if they are used as an item though.
Well say that about Mario's 7 characters in melee and Zelda's 5 than I mite think about that statement as a non-pokehater commit.

Scafl D. Salazzar

Smash Cadet
FiErCe_oNi said:
yeah, the anime is the only reason he is known.
Pokemon Red, Green, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver, Fire Red and Leaf Green never helped Meowth "become known?" Your logic makes no sense. The anime may have made him well-known, but Meowth has been known about since Pokemon's inception.

FiErCe_oNi said:
and he is a crap pokemon in the anime. he gets 1 KO'ed in every battle he is in.
So? I can't think of any other Pocket Monster that can build and design robots, at least in the anime. Meowth using a mech for his special in SSBB would be freaking sweet. Or even better, he could fight inside a mech for an entire match!

TAMASHI

Smash Apprentice
IMO his appearence was ruined in SSB, Team rocket would be the best pick out of this group.
Jessie and James FTW =D

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
Scafl D. Salazzar said:
Pokemon Red, Green, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver, Fire Red and Leaf Green never helped Meowth "become known?" Your logic makes no sense. The anime may have made him well-known, but Meowth has been known about since Pokemon's inception.

So? I can't think of any other Pocket Monster that can build and design robots, at least in the anime. Meowth using a mech for his special in SSBB would be freaking sweet. Or even better, he could fight inside a mech for an entire match!
i mean when red and blue were released meowth was probably as popular as a rattata...
how do you know meowth designs and builds robots? jessie & james dont do that, they just borrow them off TR.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
FiErCe_oNi said:
i mean when red and blue were released meowth was probably as popular as a rattata...
how do you know meowth designs and builds robots? jessie & james dont do that, they just borrow them off TR.
in red and green Meowth, Jigglypuff and Pikachu were the most popular pokemon in japan so they were given important roles in the anime so you are wrong. They didn't just pick random pokemon for that show you know, why do you think may got a torchic.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
xianfeng said:
in red and green Meowth, Jigglypuff and Pikachu were the most popular pokemon in japan so they were given important roles in the anime so you are wrong. They didn't just pick random pokemon for that show you know, why do you think may got a torchic.
i think may got a torchic because she is from hoenn and torchic is a hoenn starter.
where is your proof that those 3 pokemon were popular before the anime started?

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
Ash (the main character of the show) got Treeko & Brock got Mudkip so I'm not sure what point your trying to make with Torchic?

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Well May who was taken straight from the games got Torchic first (the first Hoenn pokemon we saw) and Torchic was also the most popular Hoenn starter so yeah. I don't watch the show because it's for little kids, but cerebi.net can give me an episode overview and so can wikipedia.

Black/Light

Smash Master
ALSO, look at this. . .

"Sapphire, a female protagonist of Pokémon Adventures (a manga series based on the Advanced Generation games), has a Torchic, named Chaka, that she received from her father, Professor Birch. Chaka evolved into a Combusken during Sapphire's battle with Brawly, the Dewford Town Gym Leader, and then evolved again into a Blaziken while training for a battle with Winona, the Fortree City Gym Leader."

Sapphire, from the manga, was really May's character from the game too. They based May having a Torchic after the manga's May(But they completely changed May's personality because the manga May was like early Ash).

. . . And do I have to show you Blaziken's "pokemon of the day" intro agian saying that it's a clear cut fav amoung gamers?

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I wholeheartedly agree. I think Meowth would be the perfect Poké-addition. =) Fingers crossed!

zombie7775

Smash Lord
Im not saying Meowth would be a bad character for a playable character because he could be a great character, but I think he should come back in the pokeball. Either way is cool with me though.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Meowth would be a great character if done right because he has two forms of attacking the first one being with pokemon moves such as fury swipes, pay day etc. and then there is his Team Rocket version where he uses guns and crazy gadgets, so he would be a great character.

zombie7775

Smash Lord
Meowth would be a great character if done right because he has two forms of attacking the first one being with pokemon moves such as fury swipes, pay day etc. and then there is his Team Rocket version where he uses guns and crazy gadgets, so he would be a great character.
Yeah I can see how he could be a great character but what Im saying is if for some reason he isnt a playable character he should at least be brought back in the pokeball like in SSB64.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Yeah if he isn't a playable character he should be in a pokeball, a float in the poke floats stage and a trophy, I love Meowth he is my favourite pokemon ever.

SupaSmashBrotha

Smash Ace
Yeah those crazy gadgets could be his super. Not to mention Meowth would have more character than any other pokemon b/c he can talk.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Meowth sounds like a very boring character. He is a weak cat that likes money. Can a moveset be made for him? Yea, but it would prolly involve alot of scratching and not much variety. Out of all the cool looking pokemon and of all the other 14 unrepresented types, why would people pick a lame normal pokemon. Waste of a character.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Meowth sounds like a very boring character. He is a weak cat that likes money. Can a moveset be made for him? Yea, but it would prolly involve alot of scratching and not much variety. Out of all the cool looking pokemon and of all the other 14 unrepresented types, why would people pick a lame normal pokemon. Waste of a character.
well It would involove a lot more than scratching if you knew anything at all about meowth you would know he knows Pay Day for one and if you have watched any episode of the anime you would know Meowth is unique, spunky and a lot cooler than any other pokemon. And how is an iconic, unique, recognisable, villain a waste of character?

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
There are such cool looking pokemon. Why pick a generic cat looking one? There already is a normal type in the game: Jigglypuff. Other types should be squeezed in. I say a dual type pokemon should be next.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
the thing is, meowth is a popular pokemon. he was also one of the most wanted in the poll for the melee game. the fact that meowth was taken out of the pokeball sorta hints that they were going to put meowth in as a playable character, but they ditched it at the last minute. so he, along with deoxys and lucario, are the most likely pokemon to get in the game. I like meowth, so I support this one.

Super_Cool

Smash Journeyman
There are such cool looking pokemon. Why pick a generic cat looking one? There already is a normal type in the game: Jigglypuff. Other types should be squeezed in. I say a dual type pokemon should be next.
They are not out to represent pokemon types or generations.

They will add pokemon that are popular, and Meowth is popular. I support him. He sould have been in the first SSB, not Jigglypuff.

12 unrepresented types. Normal, electric, and Psychic are taken.
There are 17 types, not 15.

They are: Bug, Ground, Dark, Ice, Dragon, Normal, Electric, Poison, Fighting, Psychic, Fire, Rock, Flying, Steel, Ghost, Water, Grass.

Top Bottom