• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meowth for SSBB

xianfeng

Smash Hero
tstumo said:
deoxys is some wannabe mewtwo thing that some people like who has no chance of getting in brawl. unless it's in a pokeball. which is where all legendary pokemon belong.
except mewtwo (who needs to be fixed A LOT)

tstumo

Smash Journeyman
xianfeng said:
except mewtwo (who needs to be fixed A LOT)
well yeah. i didnt mention mewtwo because he's the ultimate legendary pokemon and him being in a pokeball would be stupid.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Yeah, Meowth is pretty cool. & he has the second biggest role of all the Pokemon on the show. I'm kind of suprised he's not in Melee.

tstumo

Smash Journeyman
xianfeng said:
He still needs to be improved and meowth still needs to be added
yeah mewtwo was kind of a dissapointment. o i like the charcters in your sig that u want. tom nook, im not too sure of though.

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
I'll agree on this, actually. We all know one or two pokemon are going to make it into SSBB. I, myself, would rather one of them be Meowth, who has a larger fanbase than most others, and is flexible enough for the programmers to put in valid moves. Heck, if they still do the 'super move' thing, then he also has a VERY workable move from the game(Fury Swipes). I don't know if he'll make the final cut, but I would say he has a better chance than some of the other suggestions I've seen.

I won't hold my breath, though. I'm just happy to know that it is finally final that SSBB is coming our way.

_the_sandman_

Smash Ace
Performing aerial bombing raids on the Marth forum
I just thought of some moves Meowth could have.

B - Theif - Meowth charges forward and slashes the opponent. This is a decently powerful attack so if their % is high enough it could KO them. But if they are holding an item (Beam Sword, Ray gun, Turnips, Bunny Hood, Bombs etc) he will take it off them and hold it himself.

Smash B - Bite - Similar to Bowser's Koopa Klaw. Meowth lunges at the enemy and if he connects he clinges onto them and bite continuously. The more times you press B, the more damage will be dealt.

Up B - Pay Day - Similar to DK's up B, but gets more vertical distance than horizontal. Meowth spins rapidly and coins fly everywhere. This can deal a lot of damage if every hit connects.

Down B - Faint Attack - Meowth disappears completely and powerfully slashes a second later. Press no direction and he slashes in the same spot. Press left to appear leftward, right to appear right, up to be in the air, etc.

D.A.

Smash Apprentice
SensFan said:
Don't hit me! Hear me out.

You might not like it, but I think it's safe to assume we'll be getting at least one Pokemon newcomer in Brawl. Unfortunately, there aren't many central character Pokemon in the games (at least I don't think so... I really didn't play anything beyong Pokemon Yellow). Jigglypuff and Mewtwo were probably selected based on their significance in the TV show and the movies.

Now, Meowth is a character with some personality and some traits that make him unique (like being able to talk...). He would be a fine addition to Smash, I think. The only knock against him is that he's one of the original 151, and they'd probably be looking to add one of the newer Pokemon.

Thoughts on Meowth's chances?
Honestly I think Meowth is the next Pokemon that will be in Smash. He's very popular and the Pokemon in the SSBM already all have something to do with Pikachu [evolution or hanging with Pika on the show], so Meowth isn't a minor Pokemon or anything. He's pretty suitable to fight as well. I personally don't like Meowth, but he probably has the best chances of all the Pokemon.

mooseproduce

Smash Ace
I've always loves Meowth. On the show he was a little obnoxious, but that's not his fault... he was just given a ****ty script. In real life he's much cooler. :p Plus, he has neat move potential.

Anyways, I just made a Caterpie thread. But since I know that will never happen... Meowth for top tier aaf!

magnebula

Smash Journeyman
Meowth is by far one of the worst suggestions Ive heard... He was a crapass Pokemon who could talk. He would be so weak, and would have no potential. The only Pokemon that should be added is Raichu, hands down, no excpetions. Id take Pacman over Meowth.

GodzillaMan

Smash Cadet
I personally think that Meowth, Blaziken, and Deoxys have the best chances. Raichu was never as popular as any of them, so I cant see him in it. And someone a while back said that all the Pokemon chars that made it in have personalities, so that is why I personally support Meowth, as being one of the only Pokemon that can talk. The only other I can think of is the Slowking from Pokemon 2000, who I also support.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Meowth...No, I don't see that one happening. Yeah, he has fanbase a popularity on is side but...can you realy see him as a fighters in SSBB?

But I do want other good pokemon in the game like this one..

Or this one...

(If you cant see the pic heres the link http://www.akelataka.com/artwork/fanart/pokemon/blaziken.jpg

And Pulas and Minul (SP?) could even work like the Ice-Cs.And I realy feel that Richu should be in this one as well.

(Sorry about the names, cant spell those @@@@ pokemon names)

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
Can I see him as a fighter in Brawl? You bet.

They can easily use all or a selected few moves from Pokemon Stadium, and incorporate anything from the show for his character. Not only is he Team Rocket's mascot, he can also speak.

To be honest, he is the only candidate out of all the Pokemon I can see becoming a fighter in the new Smash. I truly believe this is going to be a popularity contest.

Antioch

Smash Journeyman
magnebula said:
Meowth is by far one of the worst suggestions Ive heard... He was a crapass Pokemon who could talk. He would be so weak, and would have no potential. The only Pokemon that should be added is Raichu, hands down, no excpetions. Id take Pacman over Meowth.
raichu can gtfo.

meowth is a pokemon that has been very well represented in the series.
who are you to say that he has no potential, or that he would be weak?
i still cannot understand how people jump to conclusions like that.
"eh, meowth wouldn't be a good fighter. NOW DEOXYS OOOOOOH BABY1!11".
fox, capt falcon, zelda, falco, and doc mario... just to name a few... HAVE HAD NO FIGHTING EXPERIENCE PRIOR TO THE SMASH SERIES.

what makes you think meowth cannot be made into a coin-tossing beast?

a certain pokemon comes to mind when i think weak...
iuno, she appeared in SSB64 as well...

OH JIGGLYPUFF!
but look at her in ssb64 and melee.
not a weak pokemon at all.
even though in the anime series she was seen as one.

raichu is a nobody to the series.

magnebula

Smash Journeyman
Antioch said:
raichu can gtfo.

meowth is a pokemon that has been very well represented in the series.
who are you to say that he has no potential, or that he would be weak?
i still cannot understand how people jump to conclusions like that.
"eh, meowth wouldn't be a good fighter. NOW DEOXYS OOOOOOH BABY1!11".
fox, capt falcon, zelda, falco, and doc mario... just to name a few... HAVE HAD NO FIGHTING EXPERIENCE PRIOR TO THE SMASH SERIES.

what makes you think meowth cannot be made into a coin-tossing beast?

a certain pokemon comes to mind when i think weak...
iuno, she appeared in SSB64 as well...

OH JIGGLYPUFF!
but look at her in ssb64 and melee.
not a weak pokemon at all.
even though in the anime series she was seen as one.

raichu is a nobody to the series.
Just to disagree with some of your points... Fox and Falco are fighter pilots? To me that is grounds for a fighting game. The way I look at it... Zelda is Sheik, so she obviously has combat experience. Falcon is a bounty hunter, but maybe Ill give you that one. Doc is one I cant argue, he is simply a doctor.

(sarcastically) But hell, if you want Meowth, why not Psyduck?!? He was a pretty big part of the original series and had some pretty powerful mnd capabilities! So why not?!?!

Because he has no appeal. Same with Meowth. I just dont get the interest from them like I should be getting. I say Raichu because he is the evolved form of Pikachu. Just like Pichu doesnt really have a huge impact on the game, Pichu is simply another form of Pikachu. Jigglypuff and Pikachu were the 2 favorite Pokemon between japan and the USA, which is why they were guaranteed their spots (asaide from other possibly obvious reasons). I get what I should be getting from Pichu, same with every other character in Melee. But Meowth... just imagine playing as him, making him jump and toss coins and scratch his opponenets... for me, and Id imagine for many more, it is not a great idea, or even a good one at that.

I mentioned Meowth to a few of my friends, and though for generally different reasons, they all thought it was a horrid idea. Meowth doesnt really have that special kind of potential to be a Smasher, just as Pacman, Megaman, or any other unrealistic choice of characters (Megaman X, Ryu, Ken, Zero...) doesnt. I dont even feel Snake has that special feel to him... but I will accept him only due to the fact that I do feel that he could possibly have the potential to be a smasher, given that the devs design him correctly

Id take Pacman, and a few others over Meowth simply because I dont feel he is right for this game on any given level in any regard. But I feel Pacman is right there with Meowth. They are not Smash material.

As of right now, the only characters I would hands down accept, label as true smash material would be Geno, Dark Samus, and MAYBE... a Sonic & Tails Duo. Geno especially. He has the potential, fan base, and impact. Meowth has little to none of all 3 of those. I mean, any character can be given the potnetial with the right moveset, but it would not fit his character. His fan base is minimal, though evidently existant. And he would not have a huge impact on the game. With Meowth, you mine as well add Psyduck, Bulbasaur, Charmander, Togepi. he just doesnt fit in.

Antioch

Smash Journeyman
magnebula said:
Just to disagree with some of your points... Fox and Falco are fighter pilots? To me that is grounds for a fighting game. The way I look at it... Zelda is Sheik, so she obviously has combat experience. Falcon is a bounty hunter, but maybe Ill give you that one. Doc is one I cant argue, he is simply a doctor.

(sarcastically) But hell, if you want Meowth, why not Psyduck?!? He was a pretty big part of the original series and had some pretty powerful mnd capabilities! So why not?!?!

Because he has no appeal. Same with Meowth. I just dont get the interest from them like I should be getting. I say Raichu because he is the evolved form of Pikachu. Just like Pichu doesnt really have a huge impact on the game, Pichu is simply another form of Pikachu. Jigglypuff and Pikachu were the 2 favorite Pokemon between japan and the USA, which is why they were guaranteed their spots (asaide from other possibly obvious reasons). I get what I should be getting from Pichu, same with every other character in Melee. But Meowth... just imagine playing as him, making him jump and toss coins and scratch his opponenets... for me, and Id imagine for many more, it is not a great idea, or even a good one at that.

I mentioned Meowth to a few of my friends, and though for generally different reasons, they all thought it was a horrid idea. Meowth doesnt really have that special kind of potential to be a Smasher, just as Pacman, Megaman, or any other unrealistic choice of characters (Megaman X, Ryu, Ken, Zero...) doesnt. I dont even feel Snake has that special feel to him... but I will accept him only due to the fact that I do feel that he could possibly have the potential to be a smasher, given that the devs design him correctly

Id take Pacman, and a few others over Meowth simply because I dont feel he is right for this game on any given level in any regard. But I feel Pacman is right there with Meowth. They are not Smash material.

As of right now, the only characters I would hands down accept, label as true smash material would be Geno, Dark Samus, and MAYBE... a Sonic & Tails Duo. Geno especially. He has the potential, fan base, and impact. Meowth has little to none of all 3 of those. I mean, any character can be given the potnetial with the right moveset, but it would not fit his character. His fan base is minimal, though evidently existant. And he would not have a huge impact on the game. With Meowth, you mine as well add Psyduck, Bulbasaur, Charmander, Togepi. he just doesnt fit in.
blah blah blah.
all of this is opinion.
who YOU label "smash material" is not someone nintendo may or may not agree with.

meowth's fanbase minimal?
haha.
where are you getting this stuff from?
your local town of kids who dislike pokemon as a whole?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meowth

read up my uneducated friend.
meowth is an extremely well-liked character.
also, if you have ever been in the pokemon center in NY when it was opened they had various pikachu, meowth, and jigglypuff backpacks/toys/etc.
whereas the lesser known cast had their individual half-inch toys, and that's that.

also, meowth has made an appearance in almost EVERY SINGLE POKEMON EPISODE.
and has been in all the movies.
do you know how many pokemon episodes there are to date?
#454 was just recently aired in japan.

magnebula said:
Because he has no appeal. Same with Meowth. I just dont get the interest from them like I should be getting. I say Raichu because he is the evolved form of Pikachu. Just like Pichu doesnt really have a huge impact on the game, Pichu is simply another form of Pikachu. I get what I should be getting from Pichu, same with every other character in Melee. But Meowth... just imagine playing as him, making him jump and toss coins and scratch his opponenets... for me, and Id imagine for many more, it is not a great idea, or even a good one at that.
this argument of yours simply put is a total contradiction.
i won't go into meowth's appeal because obviously your whole argument is based upon YOUR opinion, not facts.
but pichu simply being another form of pikachu?
wtf is raichu to you then?

also, we are not talking about the game.
but since you insist, since when did any non-legendary pokemon besides the starters have a huge impact in the game?
ESPECIALLY raichu, since you love him so much.

and i do not understand this:
magnebula said:
Jigglypuff and Pikachu were the 2 favorite Pokemon between japan and the USA, which is why they were guaranteed their spots (asaide from other possibly obvious reasons).
what other obvious reasons?
BESIDES the fact they basically represent pokemon by themselves?
meowth is a character people should know only second to pikachu, jigglypuff after.

magnebula said:
His fan base is minimal, though evidently existant. And he would not have a huge impact on the game. With Meowth, you mine as well add Psyduck, Bulbasaur, Charmander, Togepi. he just doesnt fit in.
what i don't understand if your constant shuffling back and forth between the anime series, and the game.
you include psyduck and togepi, and yet, they are main characters in the ANIME.
not in the game.
no one individual pokemon's fanbase has been created solely on the games.

psyduck, bulbasaur, charmander, and togepi have no freaking history in the anime.
no backstory, nothing.
they just repeat their names and battle for the sake of their affection and loyalty to their respective trainer.

MEOWTH ACTUALLY HAS A HISTORY.
they have episodes of the anime based solely on him.

i needn't argue with you anymore.
you are clearly misinformed with your argument, and it's boring me.

magnebula

Smash Journeyman
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psyduck

wikipedia blows....

EDIT: Opinion or not, isnt yours too? I mean hell, you think that he should be accepted into smash because of his history. I dont think so. Its all opinion, and we can go on and on and an and babble on about nothing. We'll leave it at you love meowth, and I dont. And I dont love Raichu, I just feel he should be in it before any other pokemon...

Antioch

Smash Journeyman
magnebula said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psyduck

wikipedia blows....

EDIT: Opinion or not, isnt yours too? I mean hell, you think that he should be accepted into smash because of his history. I dont think so. Its all opinion, and we can go on and on and an and babble on about nothing. We'll leave it at you love meowth, and I dont. And I dont love Raichu, I just feel he should be in it before any other pokemon...
wikipedia blows?
wow, and i thought your ignorance level couldn't rise anymore.

anyways, it's not an opinion.
it's a prediction based on past entries of pokemon.
never was this an opinion.
like meowth, pikachu, jiggs, and mewtwo have a history in the anime series.
raichu doesn't.
end of story.

Antioch

Smash Journeyman
dotdotdot! said:
Everyone is drawing way too much from the Anime.
barely anyone is drawing from the anime. o_O;
pikachu, jiggs, or mewtwo wouldn't be contenders in smash if it weren't for the anime.
and you can clearly tell those three and meowth are the few who actually have a backstory to them.
i don't think any other pokemon in the series does.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
i think i'd rather meowth in this game over any other pkmn.

its true he does have a "history". He already has a certain character to himself that makes him mroe likeable than just a random charizard, who n00by fans like cuz he has ph1r3!

personally, i'd like to see meowth in this game, and i say that hoping they don't include any other pkmn. I think meowth deserves it more than anyone else, including pichu. and he has a decent amount of moves as well like slash, payday, pursuit, etc.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Antioch said:
barely anyone is drawing from the anime. o_O;
pikachu, jiggs, or mewtwo wouldn't be contenders in smash if it weren't for the anime.
and you can clearly tell those three and meowth are the few who actually have a backstory to them.
i don't think any other pokemon in the series does.

...Mewtwo has very lil anime(show) backstory. His backstory comes from the movies(with stared him) so thats way he is in.

Oh, and if being in the anime alot was the only/main reason that Pics and Jpuff are in then way was Meowth not in? Oh, wait, wasn't he in as a POKEBALL POKEMON? Well that to me says that he shouldn't be a character because if they wanted him in as a playable then they would not have put him in the ball (Once in the ball they must stay there lol :laugh: ).

But anyway Im with magebula on this one. I just can't see him as a fighter. Also...way on earth would they go all the way back to the first 150 pokeomon for a character which they have had no reason to put in the last 2 games? If they want NEWER pokemon with backstories they would must likly choose Larcaro (That steel/fighting pokemon I posted earlyer) and Deoxys...they both had movies made about them and their both very much new.
(I also think they should put Raichu in ONLY because they have Pichu and it makes sense to have him in as well...but I don't think he will be in...)

Also, if fanbase has anything to do with it, Blaziken/Deoxys and Larcaro(SP?) (In that order) all have HUGE fanbases in both the pokemon AND SSB forums on Nintendo's site....even Sqairtel(sp?) has a bigger fanbase then Meowth there...

Antioch

Smash Journeyman
Yuna said:
I doubt Meowth will be in SSBB. He wasn't even important enough to be in SSBM (not even as a trophy)!
ahem...

also, by your logic yuna, if one was not even important enough to be in ssbm, by golly they shouldn't be in meowth.

oh wait, hm...
there was the yellow and purple suit mario had.
geez, y'got me yuna.
i submit.

Black/Light said:
...Mewtwo has very lil anime(show) backstory. His backstory comes from the movies(with stared him) so thats way he is in.

Oh, and if being in the anime alot was the only/main reason that Pics and Jpuff are in then way was Meowth not in? Oh, wait, wasn't he in as a POKEBALL POKEMON? Well that to me says that he shouldn't be a character because if they wanted him in as a playable then they would not have put him in the ball (Once in the ball they must stay there lol :laugh: ).

But anyway Im with magebula on this one. I just can't see him as a fighter. Also...way on earth would they go all the way back to the first 150 pokeomon for a character which they have had no reason to put in the last 2 games? If they want NEWER pokemon with backstories they would must likly choose Larcaro (That steel/fighting pokemon I posted earlyer) and Deoxys...they both had movies made about them and their both very much new.
(I also think they should put Raichu in ONLY because they have Pichu and it makes sense to have him in as well...but I don't think he will be in...)

Also, if fanbase has anything to do with it, Blaziken/Deoxys and Larcaro(SP?) (In that order) all have HUGE fanbases in both the pokemon AND SSB forums on Nintendo's site....even Sqairtel(sp?) has a bigger fanbase then Meowth there...
oh, sorry, didn't think i needed to be so specific with the word "anime".
apparently you thought i meant a live-action or something that involved mewtwo.
i apologize.

the first pokemon movie = anime.

i have more to add to this, but i have a tutor to be... tutored by at the library.

EDIT: now i'm back since my tutor didn't show up.

anyways:
you would rather have the whole pikachu family than a more original entry? haha.

Oh, wait, wasn't he in as a POKEBALL POKEMON? Well that to me says that he shouldn't be a character because if they wanted him in as a playable then they would not have put him in the ball (Once in the ball they must stay there lol :laugh: )
A POKEBALL POKEMON? GEE, I SHOULDA KNOWN!

it doesn't matter what it says to you.
when did anyone ever state that once a pokemon makes an appearance in a pokeball their chances of being added to the smash franchise are automatically withdrawn?
never.

Erk Aduro

Smash Apprentice
A: Slash
A Repeated: Rapid Fire Slashes
F Tilt A: Powerful Slash
U Tilt A: Overhead Slash
D Tilt A: Tail Swipe
Smash A: Pounce (Short leap forward with claws extended)
U Smash: Upward Kick (A quick flip kick)
D Smash: Claw Twirl (A quick spin with arms extended hitting opponents behind and in front)

N Aerial: Tail Spin (Spins on the air thwapping opponents with his tail)
F Aerial: Claw Swipe (A quick swipe ahead with the claws)
U Aerial: Flip Kick (Does a back flip kicking opponents upwards)
D Aerial: Down Swipe (Slashes underneath himself knocking opponents to the floor)
B Aeiral: Kitty Kick (A powerful kick behind him with both feet)

B: Theif (A mighty blow in front of Meowth causing opponents to drop any item they're carrying)
Smash B: Bite (Meowth latches onto nearby opponent and repeatedly bites as long as B is tapped)
Up B: Pay Day (Spins upward shooting out coins as he flies)
Down B: Fury Swipes (Twirls causing a small tornado of slashes. Pulls in opponents similar to Young Link's Spin Attack)

Grab: Meowth simply lashes out to grab. Short range. Pressing Z causes Meowth to bite opponent.
F Throw: Meowth delivers a strong punch to the opponent sending themforward. Moderate knockback.
U Throw: Meowth kicks opponent into the air. Moderate knockback.
D Throw: Meowth lifts opponent and slams them down, causing opponent to bounce up a little. Low knockback.
B Throw: Meowth bites down on opponent and whips them over his shoulder. Good knockback.

Brawl Attack: Faint Attack (Meowth disappears and a huge slash mark appears across the screen in a random direction. Any characters caught in the slash mark is hit. Moderate damage and good knockback)

You guys are right. I totally can't see Meowth as a smasher. He just doesn't fit in. :p
B attacks totally stolen from Sandman since he already did a pretty good job picking attacks.

Out of all the Pokemon that could get in, I wouldn't have a problem with Meowth. I always thought he was less annoying than Pikachu. I'd like a reason other than "he wouldn't fit in." With a little though, you can find a way for just about any video game character to be played. He's on par with Pikachu in popularity (I hear he's more popular than Pikachu in Japan. Not sure if that's accurate though.) Pokemon is still on as a franchise. It may not be absurdly popular like it used to be, but it's certainly not dead. Zelda, Metroid, Mario, and Kirby don't have card games or animes ( with the exception of Kirby), but I wouldn't say they're dead, would you?

Blaziken might be awesomerific and Deoxys might be neatofantastic, but Meowth is still more well known and has been around longer. And before you play the Pichu card, he got in because he was an easy to make clone of Pikachu. Meowth couldn't have been a clone of anyone, now could he?

Conker1

Smash Ace
I'm for one new Pokemon in smash, and that Pokemon is Meowth.(And Ditto, but he wouldn't really count as a full character)

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
uhh...k...i'd like meowth in smash, but id also like Lulu, Yuna, sephiroth and chuck norris. it aint gonna happen.
IF meowth happens, he will be a 'pichu', or a 'mewtwo'.

Antioch

Smash Journeyman
annoying1359 said:
uhh...k...i'd like meowth in smash, but id also like Lulu, Yuna, sephiroth and chuck norris. it aint gonna happen.
IF meowth happens, he will be a 'pichu', or a 'mewtwo'.
living up to your username, i see?

how on earth can you assume what kind of character meowth would be?
especially in reference to pichu, or mewtwo?

you don't make sense, and inevitably fail. :{

magnebula

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, Antioch, you like to act like your the all-knowing oracle of the smash forums. Not to mention your maturity level must be at a low, calling someone you have never met, or even engaged in a conversation with, an ignorant person, assuming I have no logical reasoning as to why I stated what I did. Wikipedia is not a valid source for information on any level... Any one can go onto that website and create a page, inputting any information that they wish... Im not saying that the page of Meowth that you provided is faulty in any given way, but you cannot back up your statement with a website like that. Had you showed be a Meowth fan site, or a Meowth forum if such exists, then maybe I would not have been as condescending.

If you want my main points as to why I dont want Meowth, they are that he isnt as popular as other characters (namely Geno or Sonic), and he doesnt really fit into the game based off of your supports. Give me some verifiable sources, and I will maybe accept your reasoning, and maybe even change my mind. Just dont act like your so superior to anyone, because you are not, just as I am not, or anyone else...

Antioch

Smash Journeyman
magnebula said:
Hmm, Antioch, you like to act like your the all-knowing oracle of the smash forums. Not to mention your maturity level must be at a low, calling someone you have never met, or even engaged in a conversation with, an ignorant person, assuming I have no logical reasoning as to why I stated what I did. Wikipedia is not a valid source for information on any level... Any one can go onto that website and create a page, inputting any information that they wish... Im not saying that the page of Meowth that you provided is faulty in any given way, but you cannot back up your statement with a website like that. Had you showed be a Meowth fan site, or a Meowth forum if such exists, then maybe I would not have been as condescending.

If you want my main points as to why I dont want Meowth, they are that he isnt as popular as other characters (namely Geno or Sonic), and he doesnt really fit into the game based off of your supports. Give me some verifiable sources, and I will maybe accept your reasoning, and maybe even change my mind. Just dont act like your so superior to anyone, because you are not, just as I am not, or anyone else...
oh, magnebula, you didn't know?
of course i am the all-knowing oracle.

don't be silly, never did i state i was such.
no one is just able to prove meowth's famosity or history to be that of which not acceptable to join brawl, in reference to those who have already joined the franchise.

one fansite, or one forum does not prove one thing.
and you know that, as well.
so don't play dumb.

wikipedia is a source for knowledge to those who are misunderstood on simple gumption.
whether submitted by an individual or not, wikipedia is a valuable source of information.

also, what context would meowth have to be in to be as popular as one of the biggest franchise characters in the world? (sonic)
and one who is known world-wide to be one of the most original and amazingly well-liked characters in an rpg, or perhaps the mario franchise? (geno)

nothing. he is a candidate for pokemon, not sega or mario.

and how is meowth any less deserving of jigglypuff or mewtwo to be in the smash series?
he almost had his own game, even.

there are no sources in which it would state why meowth should be in brawl, and not 'x' character.
it is a prediction based upon who we already have seen in the franchise.

and the ones we have are jiggs, pikachu, and mewtwo.
pichu is obviously a filler character, so he doesn't count.
meowth, if it were to be a matter of which pokemon actually matter in the series, would be next.

and ANYONE who has watched the anime can confirm this.

if you aren't able to:

1.) you are either biased to the neglection of pokemon.
2.) you are basing your opinions on favoritism.
3.) you have not watched the anime.

EDIT:
Not to mention your maturity level must be at a low, calling someone you have never met, or even engaged in a conversation with, an ignorant person, assuming I have no logical reasoning as to why I stated what I did.
because you are clearly misinformed with the series, this is a prime example of ignorance.
you can't argue this topic if you don't know what you're talking about.

never once did i say meowth will be in the game.
he DESERVES to be in the game based on the facts i had issued before.
you read it, and ignored it.
ignorance, yes?

don't contempt my maturity level just because you are too ignorant to comprehend the discussion, it's not my problem.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Meowth's stats: Speed: 4 Strength: 2 Height : 2 Weight : 2 Overall: 2

( I hate Meowth and don't think he should be in this game but that doesn't affect what I think his stats will be. If anyone thinks I should change these stats just ask or any pokemon for that matter, but it's inevitable)

FireKP1

Smash Lord
Umm Meowth could be a possible choice for SSBB. Though it's not really that likely it might appear.

But here's my guess partial moveset for Meowth

B} Shoots Coins
B Forward} Faint Attack
B down} Tail Sweep
B Up} Coin Jump {Like Mario's}

Taunt: "Meowth" and shoots a coin up

supermario62

Smash Cadet
I dont care much for Meowth!!!!! Jerachi the Wishmaker should be in!!!!!!!!!!!! He could own! and yes i know im mentaly scaring the meowth fans but........HES WEAK!!!! Meowth talks but jerachi speaks better and hes dooms desire could own meowth in a battle.

:mario:

tstumo

Smash Journeyman
jerachi will most likely be put in a pokeball like mew. anyway the pokemon that have been in melee are based more around the show if anything else minus pichu. if it was based on popularity soooo much then charizard would have been in and be reomved from the pokeball. or a bunch of other popular pokemon. saying that he wasnt so important and that's why he wasnt in the game is stupid. because where was Wario in the last two? one of the most obvious characters. meowth could easily get moves just like most characters. as for deoxys no. he might be popular around here for some reason but nope. he's been in one dumb movie that's it. why would they put that thing in it. meowth has alot going against it however seeing as it is of the original 151 which is old. and most likely one of those new pokemon will be in to represent it's time period. they need a ruby/saphire pokemon and i think it will be Blaziken. i doubt any other legendary pokemon will be playable. mewtwo is the only exception. sorry Deoxys fan boys.

SensFan

Smash Cadet
Yay or Nay?

Yay

1. As one of the most popular franchises in Nintendo history, it is VERY likely that Pokemon will be granted at least one newcomer.

2. With Pichu's expunging almost guaranteed, they may be looking to replace it was another Pokemon.

3. Meowth was probably the second most prominent Pokemon in the TV series behind Pikachu.

Nay

1. Pokemon has waned in popularity in recent years.

2. They might be looking to add a second generation Pokemon, instead of ANOTHER original 151.

Any other arguments I'm forgetting? I'm still split on Meowth. While I think he has everything it takes to make it into Brawl, that number 2 argument under NAY is a pretty significant point.

I'm not surprised that there is a lot of Meowth hate on these boards. If he were added, he'd be an addition geared towards the younger audience, not the pros, who are usually more mature. Keep in mind that while pros make up 80% of this message board, they probably make up about 0.2% of the total Smash fanbase. Remember, Smash would not be where it is today if the little kids and casual players weren't satisfied with the product, too. That's the reason the franchise is heading into its third game.

Meowth would sell more games than Geno or Poo or Ryu... I bet most 10-year olds don't even know who those characters are.

My point is that you're going to see something for everyone. The nostalgiacs got Pit. The violence-lovers got Snake. The pervs got Zero-Suit Samus. The Pokemaniacs and little kids are going to get something, too.

Top Bottom