• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meowth for SSBB

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
You know what would be the biggest kick in the balls?

If Lucario wasn't even a Poke Ball, just a trophy. I mean, we already have Knuckle Joe and Little Mac, what other fighting ATs do we need?

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
With Pikachu and Pokemon Trainer already confirmed fighters (and we can't forget about the three Pokemon who come along with the trainer), we still have Jigglypuff and Mewtwo awaiting confirmation, and I highly doubt they will be cut (due to Jigglypuff's popularity in Japan and the fact she has been in both games, and Mewtwo's high popularity as well.)

With all of those Pokemon, as well as all of the Pokeball Pokemon causing havoc as items, I HIGHLY doubt any more Pokemon will be playable fighters. Meowth is the only Pokemon I would have liked as a fighter, but oh well, not too crushed. Lucario (or however you spell it) will be a Pokeball Pokemon, just you wait and see.
Oh will he now? Funny how Sakurai's been deconfirming everyone that could've rivaled his spot in Brawl.. And he even mentioned that he knew how popular one of them was. So that means he CLEARLY knows how popular Lucario is.

It's almost like he's hinting at a Playable Character.. :laugh:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
this game isn't "Super smash pokemon : brawl" with other nintendo characters as guests.
Your joking right?

****it...why the hell did no one tell me until now...

That's the only reason I bought the games...

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
Oh will he now? Funny how Sakurai's been deconfirming everyone that could've rivaled his spot in Brawl.. And he even mentioned that he knew how popular one of them was. So that means he CLEARLY knows how popular Lucario is.

It's almost like he's hinting at a Playable Character.. :laugh:
Who cares how popular Lucario is? That doesn't mean he'll be a playable character. I'd much rather have a character from a different universe take the spot than have yet ANOTHER Pokemon take up space.

Fawriel

Smash Master
No, sorry Fawriel, i agree with you in everything but this, if you can still argue that something/someone can still be playable after being shown in a video as pokeball, i think that's classified as stupidity. Seriously, if i saw Wolf/Ridley as an AT i would accept it.
Think of it as some sort of group-therapy, or rather, group-consolation. We were hit hard by the deconfirmation and it was not pretty. I only stayed so relatively calm throughout it because I'm generally a jaded, cynical ******* already.
It's just natural that the others would want to talk to each other about it, and to make points they know are far-fetched just for the little kick in hope to make it less of a kick in the groin.
It's just like how the Ridley supporters are going to act out their Space Pirate invasion of Sakurai's headquarters in the off-chance that he's not playable. Let's at least do SOMETHING because sitting around moping is just too **** depressing!

The Pikachu-in-a-Pokeball theory is still awesome. It would cause such a commotion. :p

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land
Who cares how popular Lucario is? That doesn't mean he'll be a playable character. I'd much rather have a character from a different universe take the spot than have yet ANOTHER Pokemon take up space.
I like how you think, there should be New franchises in brawl, it just can't be this is all the franchises in the game.

ruffrydr017

Smash Apprentice
o hi pokemon snap model

No one has really discussed the last words in the update though:

Huh? That definitely appears to be a coin on its forehead, but what do you suppose they call it in Japan?

Maybe if you check the Japanese version of Smash Bros. Dojo you can find out...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
o hi pokemon snap model

No one has really discussed the last words in the update though:

[Huh? That definitely appears to be a coin on its forehead, but what do you suppose they call it in Japan?

Maybe if you check the Japanese version of Smash Bros. Dojo you can find out...
It just says it's a Koban...nothing special

PolarisJunkie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PolarisJunkie
3DS FC
0361-7305-7321
QFT! Look at the Hammer Bros. and dare I say it...Toad. :(

Chepe

Smash Lord
No, Pokemon is indeed Nintendo's second best selling franchise. Do research peeps. So Pokemon in fact deserves to have a lot of repping because of its cash cow status. 5 characters is just right for it...

Shuma

Smash Hero
"Only 1, unless it goes past Sonic..."

Before Sonic was confirmed, everything "went" up to 18... it can go up to 30 or 100 hundred or whatever.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
It won't let me edit my last post for some strange reason. But here it is anyway!

what? clearly something is wrong here:

Mario and Zelda.

These are the cornerstones of nintendo.
WRONG!!

Also called Pocket Monsters in Japan and some other countries, Pokémon is a mega-franchise including video games, an anime, a Trading Card Game, a manga, and much merchandise. The concept of Pokémon was first created by Satoshi Tajiri and all Pokémon games are published by Nintendo Inc., Ltd for their video game systems, including the Game Boy, Nintendo 64, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo GameCube, and Nintendo DS. The games include strategy games and RPGs where the player becomes a "Pokémon Trainer" who encounters, captures, trains, and collects many Pokémon creatures; puzzle games; and pinball games. They were first released in 1996 in Japan, and were first released in the USA in 1998. Since then, as of December 1st 2006 the Pokémon Franchise has sold more than 155 million units worldwide, second only to Mario with more than 182 million units sold worldwide and leaving even The Legend of Zelda and Donkey Kong franchises in the dust with more than 43 million units worldwide each.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Before Sonic was confirmed, everyone with some common sense said that it could be any number.
You should stop giving so much credit to random passers-by who didn't take the time to think properly. That happens all the time.

ruffrydr017

Smash Apprentice
This probably isn't the right place to talk about it, but more general Pokemon talk.

Just seeing Meowth's character model, like I said earlier, looks like it was ripped right out of Pokemon Snap and updated for the current day and age. I'm betting we'll see a number of other Pokemon from Snap make an appearance or two.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
HA!!!!!! HA!!!!!!!!!! HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I laugh at the fools who ACTUALLY thought he had a higher chance than Lucario of making it in

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
^I think the only reason people thought he could make the jump from a pokeball pokemon to an actual playable character was because Charizard, but I'm glad it was Charizard and not Meowth

Top Bottom