• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meno's Video Theatre

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Nice seats. You didn't forget your glasses did you? Oh right, never mind. Why did Dark sit way over there away from everyone? Hiroi, can you hold my Jujubes? I'm going to the bathroom before it starts. Yes, Air, you can come with me. Oh wait, someone's calling me... Yes, Meta, I'll turn it off before it starts. It's just the previews! Hello? Oh hi Rick! Yea, too bad you couldn't make it again, we'll pick you up next time. Anyways, I gotta go, it's starting soon... META, IT'S JUST THE PREVIEWS, GAWD. Oh, sorry KB... let me just squeeze by here... What is Kyle's hand doing there...? ACTUALLY, never mind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-fZ6WTgR5I

OH EFF, I thought there were still some more previews! I'll just go later.

0:05
Wha? Since when did dair clash and then beat glide attack? Maybe it was just fortunate spacing and timing, but this definitely needs more insight.

2:05
Thinking about it, throwing a turnip at glide attack seems to be effective. He seems to have little option but to eat it, otherwise risking free fall. Of course aiming from a distance might be difficult, as MK could just glide over or under the thrown turnip.

2:32
Yup! That's how you do it! Space in the actual loop of Shuttle Loop and you can avoid it completly. OOS nair and utilt would still be a concern though.

...when does nair kill compared to SL?

2:38
Ooo, nice fair. To counteract glide attack effectively, you can't just clash, you have to clash, and then autocancel. That's why fair worked there, and how say, a nair wouldn't higher up in the air.

2:52
Nice, count his jumps and drop immediately on the fifth with him to avoid his usual juggling crap.

Woo usmash kill hooray. AIR LET'S GTFO TO THE BATHROOM. HRRAAAAHHHGGGGGHHHHHHH

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Good movie better than The Last Airbender.

Haptic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2251-5184-4442
Good movie better than The Last Airbender.
ANYTHING is better than the Last Airbender.

So I'm not quite sure on the purpose of this thread. Is it to show what people are doing WELL in their matches?

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Nice seats. You didn't forget your glasses did you? Oh right, never mind. Why did Dark sit way over there away from everyone? Hiroi, can you hold my Jujubes? I'm going to the bathroom before it starts. Yes, Air, you can come with me. Oh wait, someone's calling me... Yes, Meta, I'll turn it off before it starts. It's just the previews! Hello? Oh hi Rick! Yea, too bad you couldn't make it again, we'll pick you up next time. Anyways, I gotta go, it's starting soon... META, IT'S JUST THE PREVIEWS, GAWD. Oh, sorry KB... let me just squeeze by here... What is Kyle's hand doing there...? ACTUALLY, never mind.
LMAO
Its funny because its true. And because if I don't laugh, I'll cry :/

Didn't someone suggest we have a thread of some sorts to review good things we saw in videos? I think thats why this thread is here
I like it, we just need to make sure we get some good videos and good examples of legit stuff we can do/use

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
So I heard this is some fancy French flick. I'm sure there will be subtitles, Kyon. If not, we can have Yaaay translate. What do you mean you don't speak French? IT'S ALL THE SAME OVER THERE. Just... pass me my popcorn. And can you tell Dayjayman to shut up? I swear to god, if he talks throughout the whole thing again we're not inviting him anymore.

Leon (Peach) vs Gluttony (Wario) June 19, 2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifYKaJwv1tk

0:03
OMG I LUFF ROSALINA

0:37
The bike did ****ing 20%. Really nice follow up on the grab release, should use that bike more.

0:44
Very interesting clank. Ftilt versus Wario's fsmash might warrant some looking into. What is Wario's frame data?

1:18
Actually, throwing the bike isn't entirely safe. Doing it right out of spawn invincibility might be a really great idea. You'll be safe, and it's a free 20% if landed.

Yea... might have been better if it had subtitles.

z00ted

Watch Captain Falcon kick ***.
Yeah that's right I said it.
CAPTAIN FALCON.

Moozle

Smash Champion
Haha great job Meno. Fun to watch and even more fun to read.

Edit: Now that I think about it, this is the first match i've seen of Kyle against some character other than Zelda. Now I see why he places so high :o

Haptic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2251-5184-4442
Edit: Now that I think about it, this is the first match i've seen of Kyle against some character other than Zelda. Now I see why he places so high :o
There are more videos of Kyle in the video thread.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I didn't know this guy was still in stuff. He's apparently always been in the business. Yea, I don't ever see him in anything either, Moozle. Anyways, pass me my soda. ...honestly, you don't need to do that to every cup you handle. And it's not sanitary.

Slikvic (Peach) vs AlphaZealot (Diddy) 2 July 10, 2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TU3d1i7YzIk

0:11
Immediately, platform drop to turnip throw. Kinda unorthodox and interesting.

2:12
Hrm, would a nair or fair below the stage have enough reach to catch that banana on the ledge? Or even a slightly over the ledge?

4:45
See, this is what's dumb about music hacks. If you don't get a long enough song, or one that loops correctly, gaps like this make everything awkward. It might even interfere with gameplay!

Yaaay, double feature!

Slikvic (Peach) vs AlphaZealot (Diddy) 3 July 10, 2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MEq9F21NKY&feature=related

1:06
OH GOD WTF IS THE DIDDY DOING

...yea. Let's avoid that.

1:13
Yea, at high percents your best position is to have your back against a wall like that. The windmill is probably the best KO surviving structure in the game, giving you almost three separate opportunities to tech.

2:20
Hrm, I wonder if purposefully tripping on bananas would be beneficial at all. Like, if the normal random tripping mechanic relies an a variable like "when was the last time this character tripped", then wouldn't purposefully getting those trips out of the way through bananas be fantastic???

2:57
Okay, that was just awful.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
I like this thread too ;d.

So I heard this is some fancy French flick. I'm sure there will be subtitles, Kyon. If not, we can have Yaaay translate. What do you mean you don't speak French? IT'S ALL THE SAME OVER THERE. Just... pass me my popcorn.
I actallu do have some decent knowledge of French ;d. I understood the comments for the most part.

:052:

Gameswithgoodies

Smash Ace
today in a match against diddy and i'm pretty positive i was able to grab a banana that was on the ledge from below the stage with nair, but im not 100% if i did that.....

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
... Yep. I think I like this thread, itself. Now to see the videos, though I'm sure Meno has a lot of key points covered. ^_^

EDIT: Actually, what brought me in here at first.

0:05
Wha? Since when did dair clash and then beat glide attack? Maybe it was just fortunate spacing and timing, but this definitely needs more insight.
ANY attack that has a hitbox alone will clash with MK's glide attack. Nair, bair, fair, and uair all do the same thing if you make sure to keep Peach's uncovered hurtbox out of the way. Double-hit bair and nair, for instance, will stop the attack cold and then hit MK with the lighter version. Dair is a multi-hit move, so it's far easier to see it happening with that than either of those unless you specifically plan for it to happen.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
So I hear the guy in this one is being nominated for Best Drama 2010 - he's really young too. What Spyker? No, this isn't him, he got banned I think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWqzIpVKRX0

0:25
YYYEEESSSS OMG. Someone finally capitalizes correctly!

0:46
Meanwhile, the bomb-omb metagame is incredibly underdeveloped.

00:51
Interesting. Dair caught the bomb instead of exploding. Does that always happen? Or is there a certain window for catching...?

00:59
Charging smashes against a projectile spammer seems like an overall bad idea, but he did it because TL was on the platform. One of his only offensive options is to go in with an aerial, and fsmash covers that - not to mention none of his projectiles could have punished him in time, since he was in an odd lower-diagonal position.

1:18
TL throws that boomerang out specifically to cover that diagonal aerial area, as seen by Ill jumping straight into it.

1:37
1:46
1:55

2:07
so i herd you like charging fsmash

2:42
A common mistake. If the opponent is above 100%, their window for edgehogging the parasol hit is enormous - at that point we have to land directly on stage.

Overall: pretty terrible Peach imo. Jerm obviously forgot he was playing Toon Link or something.

z00ted

sooo glad this got bumped, I love the concept.
i pulled the bomb omb RIGHT when someone jumped in front of the TV lol.
lol 1:18
I charged fsmash wayyy too much haha

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
sooo glad this got bumped, I love the concept.
i pulled the bomb omb RIGHT when someone jumped in front of the TV lol.
lol 1:18
I charged fsmash wayyy too much haha
So do I. @.@

It's a bad habit of mine. I usually feel like my Fsmash won't lag me after wards, but it does. :(

¿Qué?

Smash Champion

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I swear. This guy has been talking throughout the WHOLE ****ING MOVIE. :mad::mad::mad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIBp-OMHr6g

0:15

Them Kyle Bairs. +1 point

1:10
Okay. That was just pro.

2:31
NOOOOO... why would you waste a fresh uair on the balloon? It's kill mechanics work like this:
Fresh: OMG DIE AT REASONABLE PERCENTAGES
Staled ONCE: Oh right I'm Peach.

2:53
Ooo, shield footstool. Interesting and underused.

2:55
OMFG RAAAAGGGEEEEEE

3:06
That was just awful.

Analysis: Ground yourself - literally. Discover jab, ftilt, and fsmash.

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
I say less air dodge, more floated aerials instead of shorthopped... I definitely like your bairs :)

Focus on spacing and better control of Peach too. Like Meno said, I'd like to see a stronger ground game too.

Keep playing and improving!! :)

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
excellent FFX song hahaha.

aside from that your spacing has got to improve as in more of how you got your first kill and less of the thousand other times his bair smacked you outta the air. ya also gotta think more coz your more or less on cruise control (your dsmashes, your float bairs, and you love to like jump, float at this certain height, then drop, some of your rolls are telegraphed too and your spotdodges). i thiink the little moments of dodge dancing like from 2:55-3 min mark is dumb. just figure out all the other buttons that cud've worked that u cud've possibly pressed (sh dair, float dair, dsmash, charged fsmash, delayed jabs, etc.)

hmm and ya moar ground game. jab has godly priority. it stops a lot of things in its tracks cept kirby's fsmash but even then u have ftilt to deal w/ that anyway.

thiiink~ ;O

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
Lol Yeah, I didn't notice that in the video. I'm actually a pretty grounded Peach. I always just freak when I play his Kirby. I've gotten better at the match-up though... But it would help if I looked it up for once. @.@

Btw after shielding Kirby's Bair, and he fast falls you can Ftilt and it will basically beat out his Utilt and always hit him.

Lul and yeah at 1:10.

I'ma shield *****.

Nicole

Smash Champion
i like your use of not alot of turnips. i dont use that many either. i think they're a little overrated. but maybe i'd use more if i could freepull.

nice gf bairs OOS. kirby is a pain in the butt, i think. you have to play very boring against him...actually, not entirely. it really depends on how he decides to play against you. if he decides to do other things than bair, you can have more fun. the kirby you were playing seemed to like bair pretty much, esp. when he saw you jump in the air. so like everyone else said, stay on the ground when you approach kirby.

also, he spotdodged a TON. peach is good at punishing that. SH dair or gf nair. you seem to like your bair alot, you should try nair more often in different situations and figure out which ones are the right time. my game has vastly improved just by using nair more - it's kind of a tricky move to use more often because you think...this move has no range. but in the case of punishing spotdodges, it doesnt need any.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
:) Very true! Thanks Nicole.

This vid is kinda old to me, anyway. I don't really play so much like that anymore, but my Bair is still as is, or has gotten better.

And yeah, I don't like getting punished for pulling a turnip. Kirby is fast enough to get to me to punish, so I try to do it only when I have distance.

I don't think Meno watched video 2. :(

Top Bottom