• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee State of the Game: We will be back in late January!

Divinokage

Smash Legend
And why is that? Isn't the point to get as many different people on to represent many different regions, characters and playstyles always having a panelist(two with you included) is just limiting the show.

Also I kinda feel like Kage detracts from the the conversation sometimes. He never has anything to say about his region(which is dead), and I feel like he himself just isn't an interesting panelist. He hasn't been improving with his character for the past year or so, and his personality on stream is contradictory to the boards. He acts like some powerful warrior on smashboards and yet on the stream he's like a shy little boy, it's annoying.
Because I'm the only one readily available at all times to represent Canada and there's not really anyone else stepping up to the table. I mean yes KK came by but I'm not sure if he can or feels like going on everytime, that's something I've committed myself into from the very beginning. As for improvement, I'm always improving, even if it doesn't seem like it because everyone else on top is also improving so I'm trying to find ways to improve more than them which isn't an easy task which I'm sure all smashers struggle with so that isn't really anything new.

As for my personality, well.. you have to understand what a modern warrior is in order to see what I'm trying to do or who I am more or less. Let's just say it's about a way of life, a way of how to improve yourself and be happy at all times with the paths you've chosen for yourself. It's not about being a super egotistical warrior that stomps on everyone (Even though I like doing that here... SWF is a place to joke around and I do that a lot, I don't mean it.) As for a shy little boy, you clearly don't me for real so your judgement is false I think, I am a little shy yes, but I'm working on it. The state of the game for me is good practice to become better too and also to try to help the community in someway, it's a win-win situation. =)

PEEF!

Smash Hero
And why is that? Isn't the point to get as many different people on to represent many different regions, characters and playstyles always having a panelist(two with you included) is just limiting the show.

Also I kinda feel like Kage detracts from the the conversation sometimes. He never has anything to say about his region(which is dead), and I feel like he himself just isn't an interesting panelist. He hasn't been improving with his character for the past year or so, and his personality on stream is contradictory to the boards. He acts like some powerful warrior on smashboards and yet on the stream he's like a shy little boy, it's annoying.
LOL fail troll.

How bout this, make no assumptions aout what the point of the show is. Let me give you the point of the show directly: Keep the community updated in recent Melee events and reflect on the game's state and the state of the community, and have Kage on the show. He now is undoubtedly part of the goal of the show. Discussion over.

Strife

Banned via Warnings
LOL fail troll.

How bout this, make no assumptions aout what the point of the show is. Let me give you the point of the show directly: Keep the community updated in recent Melee events and reflect on the game's state and the state of the community, and have Kage on the show. He now is undoubtedly part of the goal of the show. Discussion over.
Is anyone else annoyed by this?

I thought this was supposed to be a stream for the community and not Peef's personal smash show. He wants Kage on just because he wants Kage on, regardless of what the people watching the stream want.

Mahone

Smash Champion
Yo, i should be on this to represent puff unless you can get a better player, because she comes up a decent amount in a lot of your topics. Also, you don't have anyone from MD/VA, which is a pretty interesting region imo

Beat!

Smash Master
Strife, dude, come on. Kage might be a little annoying on the boards at times, but there's no need to hate on him like that >_>. He's a very good player and he can be really insightful when he wants to.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Is anyone else annoyed by this?

I thought this was supposed to be a stream for the community and not Peef's personal smash show. He wants Kage on just because he wants Kage on, regardless of what the people watching the stream want.
That's what YOU want, not the community. If you have nothing to say with my response to you then go to hell for all I care, I'm trying to help but you do nothing to help. You aren't really part of the community if all you do is hate on others, that just makes you a random hater on the internet.

Bones0

Smash Legend
I could come up with a lot of stereotypes to misrepresent what Kage is like, but "shy little boy" is not one of them. >_>

+1 for Mahone getting on though

PEEF!

Smash Hero
If mahone PMs me his skype then ill have him on.

This is in 2 hrs from this post!

D

Deleted member

oh so i want to be on with kevin, and you'll take kevin and not me, and then literally anyone else and not me. i see how it is.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
No I wanted you on, I thought i confirmed that but I went back through and realize i didnt. When I said kevin you better come on, I was implying that you were invited, PM me your skype info!

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Oh my head hurts AHHHHHHH

this was fun though.

sorry I made this take forever XD

Edit: suggestion for the future: let's have more pre-planned topics or at least remind the stream periodically to get questions ready.

Mahone

Smash Champion
next time just have pp talk about every matchup lol... tbh that would be a lot more interesting than other people talking....

thanks for letting me be on, it was fun

Bones0

Smash Legend
Great episode, and I think it was by far the longest. lol I only got in at like 9ish and it was still about the same length as most. XD

A random idea I had was a post-RoM 4 stream. A sort of Monday-night special, if you will. I think it would be really awesome for you to host a chat about everything that went down at RoM the day after it finishes. I'd imagine there must be hundreds of people who will be going to the RoM thread to look at results and/or watch videos. The videos being uploaded later could mess this idea up, but even if it takes a few days, doing a special stream for RoM results discussion could be really cool. The "currentness" factor it would add would make it much more interesting, and you could get all those hundreds of views on the thread funneled into your stream (I'm sure the RoM TOs wouldn't mind plugging you in the results/video thread).

HDL

I like pork chops.
BRoomer
How exclusive is this show? If you'll have me, I have plenty to say about competition, my region, and overall a wide variety of Melee subjects. More specifically there's also a ton of light I can shed on Link, which is a character that I think very few people understand and there's lots of things surrounding him that people may find interesting. I've been really intrigued by the discussions you guys have done so far and feel I have plenty to contribute myself, so it'd be cool we can get some talks. In any case, great job so far with the discussions.

Veetaak

Smash Lord
Screw you. The last episode had me up until the morning after and so my sleeping schedule is ****ed.

It was very interesting though and I like the relationship PP and Mahone have together XD

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
This was the first State of the Game I watched, and I really enjoyed it (I watched it today, because I was busy that night and yesterday). I'm looking forward to the next one.

Also, I want to hear about the Ganon/Luigi matchup.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Screw you. The last episode had me up until the morning after and so my sleeping schedule is ****ed.

It was very interesting though and I like the relationship PP and Mahone have together XD
Yeah I love it too but mahone is probably gonna deny it like a woman

Bones0

Smash Legend
It is a little known fact, but Mahone's name is derived from the sound he makes every time PP gives him the business.

True story.

Strife

Banned via Warnings
The episode from two weeks ago still hasn't been archived?

PEEF!

Smash Hero
The episode from 2 weeks ago got autodeleted by twitch because i didnt ever highlight it. better make sure this one doesnt share the same fate.

leffen

Smash Champion
Watching the podcast now. Is it just me or is umbreon a fkn useless debater? Like seriously, he didnt add anything to the topic other, just wasted time and repeated common sense

and saying shine->shine->waveland is safe is HILARIOUS.
and he is so hilariously wrong when he talks about Yoshi. seriously, I cried my eyes out when I heard him spew BULL****

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
i hope everyone appreciates these vids as much as i do =D
ty to the regulars, and mostly PEEF!

leffen so far you're being a sweety, wheres the ****1n' internet persona dood!

D

Deleted member

Watching the podcast now. Is it just me or is umbreon a fkn useless debater? Like seriously, he didnt add anything to the topic other, just wasted time and repeated common sense

and saying shine->shine->waveland is safe is HILARIOUS.
and he is so hilariously wrong when he talks about Yoshi. seriously, I cried my eyes out when I heard him spew BULL****
i think the only thing i talked about with yoshi is his match with falco. which is at least one of the funniest matches this game offers.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Summary of part 1 of Mahone & Peef vs. Umbreon & PP

Umbreon & PP: if you have positional advantage, you win.
Peef & Mahone: but what if you don't have positional advantage?

>__>

Also, lasers would be very different if they healed the opponent because a big part of why lasers are good is because they break damage stalemates. At zero damage they'd still be the best projectile, though.

edit:

I don't mind being on the show. But PM me or something because I don't check the thread or use skype that often.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion

who are you?

i feel like you cause ****ty unwanted drama in every thread

Top Bottom