• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee State of the Game: We will be back in late January!

Strife

Banned via Warnings
who are you?

i feel like you cause ****ty unwanted drama in every thread
I'm not sure how to answer that question without revealing stuff that's none of your business.

And aren't you that guy who was dissing Forward because he counterpicked his opponent in GFs? Don't point fingers at me for causing drama.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I think I'd rather Kage not say anything when he's on if he doesn't have anything to the current topic rather than have him shout "I'm the warrior, rawr!" inappropriately. Also, it can be intimidating to talk about stuff on mic with Cactuar, Hax, Alex Strife and whoever else around. They're all very vocal and opinionated about stuff (some about the game, others about tournaments) and speaking up when they're on a roll, or even right after they finish, can be daunting.

His scene being dead is another matter entirely. Maybe he could even talk about that on a later episode, since it's kind of only half-true and they have a whole bunch of unique problems that I've never actually heard of in a smash community. Might be something interesting to address.

Also, it's kind of rude to say someone hasn't improved in a year without having even played them.

Strife

Banned via Warnings
Well my problem with Kage is that he seemingly NEVER has anything to say of value unless Peef asks him a direct question. And even then it seems like her never really knows what to say, and often times instead of answering he'll just say something like ''I don't know''. And whenever no one asks him anything directly all he does is make one line sentences which aren't funny and don't add anything to the conversation. I think the stream would be better utilize if we had a better speaker in place of him.

Also his voice really annoys me, but I guess that's not his fault.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
still mad the show i was on wasn't saved
****CING TWITCH

Mahone

Smash Champion
Summary of part 1 of Mahone & Peef vs. Umbreon & PP

Umbreon & PP: if you have positional advantage, you win.
Peef & Mahone: but what if you don't have positional advantage?
that went in circles for a while, but i wasn't disagreeing with the fact that positional advantage is really good, i just don't think its as simple as umbreon was making it out to be... also i was trying to get them to talk about how to GET positional advantage because that seems a lot more useful than repeating that you win when you have it

leffen

Smash Champion
it was basically you and peef trying to be helpful and umbreon trying to be cool with cool statements with no examples and pp doing both.

and at umbreon; Yoshi vs Falco is indeed interesting, when you consider how many old schoolers/stupids who don't know **** about Yoshi that think its a hard matchup for Yoshi (or even a counter LMAO) when it's actually a very deep match up with nothing really is safe (or well, dair->dair spam on yoshis sheild has is a safe fail Falco, I suppose).

Btw, I'd like to be on next week but i'm pretty sure I won't be able to (i'll basically be partyin on a boat on my way to a tournament ;i)

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
what episode are you guys talking about?

lol leffen is the boat part of the whole tournament event? or you just happen to be riding a boat to a tourny. either way sounds fun as hell. jelly.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
oh **** no wonder i couldn't find, assumed it was on the original post

peef you should add that. ive assumed 7 was the latest.

Strife

Banned via Warnings
Just watched too episode 8. Having so many people on the panelist takes away from the quality of the stream. People we may want to actually hear stuff from don't actually get a chance to say much.

Mahone

Smash Champion
Ya i agree, even if it means me not being on anymore, you should try to make this more exclusive... There were way too many people on last time

:phone:

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i wanna be on the showwww sometime hahahaa. dang it.

i'm listening now:

about the ic's vs yoshi matchup, i think ic's are pretty heavily advantaged, but u just have to watch out for yoshi's dsmash/dtilt since it's quite fast. the reason ic's win is because they exemplify both of yoshi's weaknesses: heavy hitting attacks to break armor, and grabs. yoshi's greatest ability is his ability to abuse armor. ic's have the tools to beat that

Mahone

Smash Champion
WHAT IS THE STATE OF THE GAME????

i don't even know cuz there was no show last thursday... please tell me there is one this Thursday...

i need to know the game state

Mahone

Smash Champion
You're welcome PP...

Also, i just invented another new edgeguard with puff today... Its risky, but its sooo ****ing tricky

PEEF!

Smash Hero
I didn't plan on having an episode tomorrow.

Because of that I'm not having one tomorrow because when I don't promote beforehand I get pitiful numbers of viewers (like, less than 50 always) which is really disappointing. I would rather try hard to get a big number next Thursday.

Mahone

Smash Champion
HAVE one tommorow!!! People wanna hear pp talk about ROM... if he posts a link in the falco boards today ull get viewers

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I am fine with it either way

if I go on people get to hear rom4 talk and I can post a link in my Falco thread like Mahone said if you want.

if I don't go on then I get to train/think for TO7. also something important.

I haven't seen many mention wanting a stream but I could be wrong and that could just be due to advertising.

Bones0

Smash Legend
I can come and talk about RoM.

Oh wait, I can't because I couldn't see **** with the *** 240p quality they used for GFs.
derp

Varist

Smash Lord
which would've been fine but i couldn't even enjoy the hype because of the commentators :|

Top Bottom