• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Melee Social Thread and stuff

-QuesoKirby-

Banned via Warnings
Lol ya IHSB is so technical and fast while hugs is so precise and nearly flawless on all of his attacks.
That's the beautiful thing about Melee: the game allows so much room for personality! The characters are merely a medium through which we, as players, can express ourselves. The ultimate goal of the game is to defeat your opponent through any means necessary, but there are so many means to that end it's almost overwhelming! I'm amazed that IHSB and HugS play so different, yet both are so accomplished; when one sees that, they can truly begin to understand why we love this game so much. :)

tw1n

Smash Champion
Man I wanna play melee some more. We finally hosted a tourney and I did pretty well lol. I gotta play as many people as possible at Genesis!

tw1n

Smash Champion
Lol it's hard man. There are only 3 who play consistently. And we live together.
2 more who play us when they get a little free time.
Some who play but are usually way too busy.
And then a handful who ***** about melee and say 2D fighters such as MVC3, SSF4, Tekken, MK9 and those are the way to go...
Sad huh?

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
There used to be a series like that that i went to every month. Primary was brawl, secondary was melee (i ran the melee tournament) and then there were like 5-8 people who would play sf/tekken/naruto/other 2d fighters. Wasn't bad splitting the room with brawl mostly. The 2D fighters were rarely seen and never in the way (usually in the basement)

tw1n

Smash Champion
The tournament we were helping run had all those games but it went smoothly overall. But of all the melee players from NM who were actually there, only 6 entered. At least 4 more people could have but didnt feel like it. Thankfully some OOS did join inn the fun.

:phone:

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Ya but running smoothly with 10 players is one thing of course there will be no trouble.. On the other hand you definitely cannot say the same when it becomes more than 50 players in each game playing it out, the more players, the harder it is to control and maintain a good environment. For example, CEO.. i've heard a lot of players **** on the melee players.

tw1n

Smash Champion
True. The smallest tourney had 16 people I believe. But I understand where you're coming from.
I wanted to go to CEO tho. I love when other competitive players talk **** :D They rarely can back it up

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
hi fly

(**** now i can't get away with all my flaming, censor dodging, and talk about illegal activities)

tw1n

Smash Champion
Hmmm food or melee... At tournies I always end up going with melee. But if it is food money for a few days then choose food :D

Genesis will be a low food weekend lol.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I wonder if Ill be able to maintain the ability to use my newfound focusing powers for a 3 day tournament.. At Zenith I ran out too early in brackets lol.

IGiveUp

Smash Cadet
Why do people still think Mango is the best?

Just curious. I mean, yeah he doesn't play Puff, sandbags, generally doesn't give a ****, etc., but I still hear people who are obviously knowledgeable say he's the best.

IMO it's something like PP, Armada, Serious Mango, Axe, Amsah, M2K, Hax.

Ideas?

The Star King

Smash Hero
Why do people still think Mango is the best?

Just curious. I mean, yeah he doesn't play Puff, sandbags, generally doesn't give a ****, etc., but I still hear people who are obviously knowledgeable say he's the best.

IMO it's something like PP, Armada, Serious Mango, Axe, Amsah, M2K, Hax.

Ideas?
It's called being a fanboy.

Kingbuilder

Smash Rookie
Played against my uncle who has zero technicality whatsoever and he pretty much made me realize that my only good character is Captain Falcon.

My Falco tied him, my Jigglypuff barely edged out victory and my Marth got *****. I did manage to 4-stock him with C. Falcon multiple times, though. So yeah, I've found a new main.

...:glare:

Top Bottom