• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Melee Social Thread and stuff

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
Twin_A's Magic Trick That Will Blow Your Mind Link of the Day

This one is the great Ricky Jay performing his Alaskan Poker routine.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OW9H4izfxqQ

Rene Leveland is my favorite, its amazing how perfect he pulls this trick off with just one hand.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdUgY5MzuyI
I've seen that one before and even tried it myself (just not with one hand). Brilliantly done haha. That guys left hand was way too fast O.o

the fun is trying to figure it out. I just dont understand how the cards were getting into his hands starting around 3:30. I can usually keep track of slight of hand tricks, but that looked almost like a mechanical device or soemthing
I was wondering about that too, but after rewatching it I figured out how he did it and it impressed me even more lol. Well assuming it was in fact done without mechanical devices. The set up for it was hard, that's for sure (sorry trying not to spoil how it was done).

Twins > me
Flattered you guys, but we're not special or unique any more than the next :D
<3

I'm thinking about including a joke of the day or flirtation tips of the day. Hmm....

tw1n

Smash Champion
Lol well why don't we add it another step and do work out of the day ;)

But really. Love Ricky Jay. Watch his full show called Ricky Jay and his 52 assistants. Brilliant man makes his nagic show a course through history of magicians at some points lol. The stuff he does is scary and fascinating.

My link of the day will come later when I am off of work k :)

tw1n

Smash Champion
Yes I do believe it is!
Lol darn me not checking my spelling when usin my phone :(

Edit: I don't believe I have posted this one yet. I really should keep track of that lol.
Twin1's newgrounds vid of today....

Warning: Profanity is in this video! Don't watch it if you cannot take hearing a few swear words k.

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/555156

Kanelol

Smash Lord
So, for anyone who cares, the Winter Gamefest grand finals are the skill-y-iest 15 minutes of smash I've ever had the privilege to watch

tw1n

Smash Champion
Winterfest GF's were awesome. But so were ROM3's. PP vs M2K lol.

Genesis GF's are still the best I have ever seen!

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
I love it when new guys are getting into Melee. Too bad it's hard to convince them to stay once they realize how much better you are than them. :sadeyes:

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
I love it when new guys are getting into Melee. Too bad it's hard to convince them to stay once they realize how much better you are than them. :sadeyes:
lol yeah seriously. this game has a skill gap of literally years of practice between anyone whos remotely good and people getting into the game. there are very few in-between players

Geist

Smash Master
My younger brother quickly improved just by playing me regularly. He barely even asked for advice.
It's really about patience for the first little part, it's breaking those plateaus and improving past a level of what's readily available that really takes a long time.
imo

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
yeah i lurk in there every now and then

i dont feel knowledgable enough to post tho LOL, im not a HUUGE fan of kpop, just the old school snsd stuff when they first got popular. like gee genie

i got u babe
i call i call it chokonate love.

❀W.E.M.P.❀

Mote Of Dust
top 5 things talked about on K-pop thread

1. [insert group] has broken up, ****
2. Terywj's crazyyyyyyy plan
3. How cute Sunny is.
4. How cute taeyeon is.
5. Me asking for more kpop.

Top Bottom