• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Melee Social Thread and stuff

Kanelol

Smash Lord
They got me a chase gift card

instead of regular money

they know drug dealers don't accept chase gift cards

merry christmas

Divinokage

Smash Legend
So what did you guys get for Christmas?

I got the memory pillow, you know like in those paid advertisements? So far, it's good.
I got 650$
I got a bottle of Baileys
Some chocolate

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
HAPPY CHRISTMAS ERRYBODY! :D

I got sum money and clothes and stuff. and a cool necklace thinger. and candy.
and all that shiz.

I love you guyz

edit: **** vman said the same thing...
oh well atleast I made my guys look cool by writing it with a z

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
So what did you guys get for Christmas?

I got the memory pillow, you know like in those paid advertisements? So far, it's good.
I got 650$
I got a bottle of Baileys
Some chocolate
I got the giant sum of absolutely nothing. xD

But didn't ask for anything so I'm cool with it.

Hope everyone is having a good time :)

Kanelol

Smash Lord
I just finished season 4, can't find a torrent for season 5 yet

it was weird how quinn went from some funny comic relief character in season 3 to a Doakes-esque pain in Dexters *** in season 4, but all in all he's pretty good, if for nothing else than the whole cop-a-cop, quinn/deb partners dynamic

also, the end to season 4 freaked me the **** out, even though i kinda knew it was coming

woo 1,333th post

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
I didn't get much. But that's not what matters. What matters is that I woke up to my hot as **** girlfriend all over me. Merry ****ing Christmas indeed ;)

Sorry, I had to get at least one overly ***ky post in in 2010 before it was over :p

That having been said, I hope you guys had a great day yesterday. And for anyone who is Jewish or does not celebrate, I hope you also had an exceptional day yesterday :D

<3 the smash community

makoforce

Smash Ace
so just a point i wanna get across about the tier list.
why isnt marth number one?
out of all the nationals marth has won the most of them including MLG, fox has never won a national
and out of all the years of competitive melee there has never been a dominating fox or falco.
out of the 6 or 7 years its always been marths dominating first KEN the MEW2KING. Then marth goes even with a;ll the high tiers except for sheik. he has about the best MU ratios on the game. and probably the best tourney results.

makoforce

Smash Ace
■1st - Tournament Go 4 (TG4)
■1st - SoCal Inland Empire SSB:M
■1st - Tournament Go 5 (TG5)

2004Edit
■1st - Game Over
■1st - The 0-C (Zero Challenge)
■1st - MELEE-FC
■1st - Major League Gaming (MLG) 2004 Season Finals New York
■1st - MLG 2004 Season points

■1st - MLG 2005 (Season OpenerTournament) DC
■1st - MLG 2005 (Season Tournament) San Francisco
■2nd - MLG 2005 (West Coast Regionals) Los Angeles
■1st - MLG 2005 (East Coast Regionals) Atlanta
■1st - MLG 2005 (Central Regionals) Chicago
■1st - MLG 2005 Season Finals New York
■1st - MLG 2005 Season points leader
■1st - Jack Garden Tournament (JGT) (Japan)
■1st - Getting Schooled 2
■1st - MELEE-FC3

■1st - Champ Combo: NorCal Edition
■1st - Champ Combo: Yayuhzzz Edition
■1st - 0-C2 (Zero Challenge 2)
■1st - MLG 2006 (Season Tournament) Dallas
■1st - MLG 2006 (Season Tournament) Anaheim
■1st - MLG 2006 (Season Tournament) Chicago
■1st - NCT2: The Big One
■1st - MLG 2006 (National Championships Doubles)
■1st - MLG 2006 Season points leader

■1st - Evo World 2007
■1st - Sushiman's Westminster Tournament
■1st - Super Smash Royale III

Those are all big tourney as far as i know that marth has won (mostly from ken i dont know much about m2k victories)
but no nothing in the past two years

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
so just a point i wanna get across about the tier list.
why isnt marth number one?
out of all the nationals marth has won the most of them including MLG, fox has never won a national
and out of all the years of competitive melee there has never been a dominating fox or falco.
out of the 6 or 7 years its always been marths dominating first KEN the MEW2KING. Then marth goes even with a;ll the high tiers except for sheik. he has about the best MU ratios on the game. and probably the best tourney results.
Marth is one of the hardest characters to be consistent with right now. You're either on point and dominate, or you get knocked around because you're letting your opponent get in your space.

Geist

Smash Master
Not that it has anything to do with Marth not being top tier #1, but imo tourney results shouldn't influence the tier list. But I don't wanna start one of these stupid debates so I'll shut up.
And I think you'll find Fox has the best matchups.
Of course, in theory, he's kind of untouchable.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
marth is fairly flawed he takes hits really bad+ bad recovery.

and his range doesn't matter nearly so much as it seems. At low percents you can CC a lot of stuff and get revenge kills pretty easily. plus if they can WD oos it makes it much harder for marth also hes at a lot of risk if he misses anything because then they come in and stomp him. He can't spam his moves approaching as safe as falco or fox h*** even pichu's nair can be safer. Lets say marth double fairs to approach what if they move out of the way? i'd be fair easily to nair him in the face once we see he missed his 2nd fair then we attack.

also because of his range and having to space on the tip we have faster reaction time to marth's spacing than we vs a fast pop in the face by fox. Trust me I play a lot of pichu vs marth I know his combos are worthless unless he gets a f-smash to kill or edge gaurd set-up other wise he's run around trying to get something decent to use to be safe like retreating fairs or trying to steal their space.

martyh totally relies on his edge gaurd for any kind of kill way to offen and lack of projectiles hurts him so much

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
its ok. pretty thank sheiks and falcons.

but on a less melee related note, has anyone noticed how similar Shutter Island and Inception are??

OMG! they are so similar

❀W.E.M.P.❀

Mote Of Dust
Not gonna lie, wasn't a big fan. It wasn't BAD. it just seemed like it was going through the motions with everything other than the visuals. I mean who DIDN'T call the twist as soon as he said he was able to 'inceptionize someonez in da past', and his wife also happens to be dead.

This is where everyone tells me I should read books if I want story, etc.,etc.

It was certainly enjoyable to watch. I am just a baby back b.tch about movies.

CloneHat

Smash Champion
I thought it was great. The story was creative and fun, and I think people who couldn't comprehend it (I heard complaints) would still enjoy the movie; you can ignore the plot and the movie will still carry you along.

CloneHat

Smash Champion
Not trying to say you didn't; I was worried my comment would come across like that.

I just don't see what's not to like. It wasn't a cinematic landmark, but it was a smart, entertaining action movie.

Top Bottom