• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Melee Social Thread and stuff

TheGoat

Smash Ace
I wouldn't call marth's recovery bad. Just take a look at a bunch of tournament videos and see how often he manages to make it back by sweespotting. Sure he doesn't have the recovering ability of someone like jigglypuff, but it's a pretty good recovery.

And I guess the metagame has changed enough from kens day that marth has been left a tad behind, people have been discussing this a lot lately. I still think marth is very good, but he has quite a few holes. Mango's been picking him up and doing real well though, but that's mango.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Define "doing real well". His Marth is still nowhere near as good as his space animals or Puff. Sure, he still places much higher than the average player, but that's because he's Mango.

To be fair, he's only been using Marth for a short time. Maybe his Marth will become super amazing.

The Star King

Smash Hero
I think it could be better ;)

But I know what you mean, in the short time Mango's been using him he's become my favorite Marth.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
I saw him play Kage, and I like... was scared LOL.

Man, I really wish I played him more when I went to Socal :(.

Too bad he ****en slept in the middle of the tournament.

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
I think I comprehended it fine.

Then again, would I know if I didn't?
Yeah first time I watched the movie I don't think I fully understood the plot.. probably because I was with my girlfriend though.
but I still thought it was good.

the second time I watched it I got to pay more attention and I liked it even more.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
And the boredom has set in. Enjoy. A new Poker face parody O.o

I wanna chain grab like they do when Wobbles plays
Grab em don't let em hit me chase it can't escape me I love it
Luck and skill play my part with 0 to death at the start
And after he respawns I'll take another because it is my art

Oh oh oh
Right off the dot show him what i got
Oh oh oh
I'll sheild block then I'll take your stock

Can't read my can't read my
no he can't read my miiindgames
(you dodge rolled like a scrub)
Can't see my can't see my
No he can't see my tech skill
(triple shine like it's nothing)

M-m-m-melee m-m-melee
(mum mum mum mah)
M-m-m-melee m-m-melee
(mum mum mum mah)

:p

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
And the boredom has set in. Enjoy. A new Poker face parody O.o

I wanna chain grab like they do when Wobbles plays
Grab em don't let em hit me chase it can't escape me I love it
Luck and skill play my part with 0 to death at the start
And after he respawns I'll take another because it is my art

Oh oh oh
Right off the dot show him what i got
Oh oh oh
I'll sheild block then I'll take your stock

Can't read my can't read my
no he can't read my miiindgames
(you dodge rolled like a scrub)
Can't see my can't see my
No he can't see my tech skill
(triple shine like it's nothing)

M-m-m-melee m-m-melee
(mum mum mum mah)
M-m-m-melee m-m-melee
(mum mum mum mah)

lmfaooo soo good. so im not the only one who does this?
I have written so many song parodies all about melee when im bored xD

****, we're nerds.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
lmfaooo soo good. so im not the only one who does this?
I have written so many song parodies all about melee when im bored xD

****, we're nerds.
Lol me too. Won't lie though, I did this because I needed to distract myself. Got dumped the other day (d*** that turned around on me) and I'm going to meet up with her in a couple hours for that final closure talk if you would.

Oh well, not the end of the world. And when all else fails, theres always melee XP

I'm trying to think of another parody to write. PReferably rock because that's what I actually listen to lol...

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Hahaha yeah. Time heals all wounds, etc.

That's a lesson i wish everyone would learn. It sucks when you're broken up with (even worse when you didn't do anything wrong >.<), but it's not the end of the world.

I mean it's like when you mess up on an edge guard in melee. It's not the end of the match yet. Get back out there and give it 110% until the match is over. And win or lose, just smile because you know you did your best. Don't drop your head and john about it. There will always be another match.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Hahaha yeah. Time heals all wounds, etc.

That's a lesson i wish everyone would learn. It sucks when you're broken up with (even worse when you didn't do anything wrong >.<), but it's not the end of the world.

I mean it's like when you mess up on an edge guard in melee. It's not the end of the match yet. Get back out there and give it 110% until the match is over. And win or lose, just smile because you know you did your best. Don't drop your head and john about it. There will always be another match.
It's letting go of attachment the hardest part.

I've read that when you are in love, the 2 feed off each other's energy constantly. But then once that's severed, the addiction of the love energy stays for a very long time.. until you become reconnected with the energy of the universe. Idk if that makes sense or is that too much warrior stuff? lol.

Anyways, stay strong and never forget your purpose! =)

Edit: IGC, death is just an excuse for being a coward. And anyhow, everyone is destined to death so there's no need to worry about it too much. =P

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
If you have more self mastery you can make yourself unfeeling/careing of that person and forget it all so it won't hurt. I can stop loving people and hurt them without care. just force down a feeling and replace it same way I can go forever if it hurts unbareablely ill force it out if needed and give myself hope or whatever because there is a reason even if I can't see it.

But yeah it hurts and I normally don't do that because I don't think it's good to force yourself to feel different things off of a whim.

Any advice to help someone care about anything? I wanta help her more than anything esle in life : (

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
whoa Twin_A got dumped?

KK's here for the rebound

Ooooohh Yeeeeeeaaaaaaaahh

Twin_A, time might heal all wounds but I bet I can fix it faster :D

❀W.E.M.P.❀

Mote Of Dust
Yeah first time I watched the movie I don't think I fully understood the plot.. probably because I was with my girlfriend though.
but I still thought it was good.

the second time I watched it I got to pay more attention and I liked it even more.
No, I think I understood it fine, I just think a movie the two of us could compare to other films on the fly shouldn't be called a landmark in cinema.

I have no girlfriend ( big surprise UM.OI.WRIGHT??..? ) so that isn't a problem.

TwinA, stay strong, and as they say: "chicks are for f@gs"

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Reconnected with the energy of the universe? This guy.
Who do you think we are? We just mere humans. Do you realize how big the actual universe is? It's infinite! And to think we are the only ones that exist for example is extremely arrogant and closed minded I find. We are so small compared to it, any turbulence can shatter the earth and then whoops we don't exist anymore! I love society and how it dumbfounds everyone on Earth. But at the same time, I'm sure we are capable of much more than we are let on. In many cases, it's all the mind!

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
the thing is not enough people care and are obessed with worldly things because it's eaiser to reach that value. plus we live in a time where our cultral is heavily based on entertainment.

why explore the far reaches of space and take a risk when you can be happy doing something easier and still happy and safe?

i'm with you overall saying overall because it's very unlike all your veiws are the same as mine for this topic and you haven't said everything nor me.

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
Who do you think we are? We just mere humans. Do you realize how big the actual universe is? It's infinite! And to think we are the only ones that exist for example is extremely arrogant and closed minded I find. We are so small compared to it, any turbulence can shatter the earth and then whoops we don't exist anymore! I love society and how it dumbfounds everyone on Earth. But at the same time, I'm sure we are capable of much more than we are let on. In many cases, it's all the mind!
1) the universe is not infinite
2) the universe's infinity or lack thereof does not guarantee (nor, i grant, preclude) the idea of universal energy
3) no one said anything about us being the only ones that exist
4) actually it would take quite a lot of 'turbulence,' as you say, to shatter the earth. It'd take, like, a collision with a pretty massive asteroid.

5) what are you talking about
5a) what does this have to do with the conversation

Twin_A

Smash Champion
It's letting go of attachment the hardest part.

I've read that when you are in love, the 2 feed off each other's energy constantly. But then once that's severed, the addiction of the love energy stays for a very long time.. until you become reconnected with the energy of the universe. Idk if that makes sense or is that too much warrior stuff? lol.

Anyways, stay strong and never forget your purpose! =)

Edit: IGC, death is just an excuse for being a coward. And anyhow, everyone is destined to death so there's no need to worry about it too much. =P

it made perfect sense. It's the need for constant attachment or to always have someone there. Knowing that you have someone to text when you wake up or to hold. I was not addicted to it when comparitively my brother was/is. (Case studies are best when done on twins I guess :p)

He had to have a gf at all times. he would jump in between relationships a lot but never stay single for more than a week.

I, however, usually stay single for a year or so (Only partially by choice).

I do have good news though. The ex and I met up today and spoke for a couple hours. It was a nice talk that cleared up a lot. I was doomed from the start it seemed but it's ok because I realized that at times I wasn't happy and would just deny it to myself. I slowly began changing my habits and before I knew it I was almost down to try drugs (never did mind you). Only in these past couple days did I realize that I was on a slippery slope and had I stayed with her who knows what would have happened. She doesn't do drugs either but she's erally become open to them as of late.

She and I are friends and I'm actually happy as can be. And in a weird way I may be celebrating by taking a random trip out to Little Rock (I know, it's not Cali, AZ, NC, Canada, new York, etc. It's not for smash though).

I'm feeling great though. Thanks for the support you guys :)

Speaking of...

whoa Twin_A got dumped?

KK's here for the rebound

Ooooohh Yeeeeeeaaaaaaaahh

Twin_A, time might heal all wounds but I bet I can fix it faster :D
you know what, I'm in a great mood but you still have time to catch me on the rebound.

The Star King

Smash Hero
That's not what I was talking about. I do realize how vast the universe is, and how insignificant humanity is to the universe as a whole, and I don't see why you thought I don't. I just have no idea what you're talking about when you say, "connecting with the energy of the universe". WTF does that mean?

Twin_A

Smash Champion
How'd he get super banned!?

*****es and nothin but hoes and tricks.
What a friend told me at work after hearing I was dumped:

M-O-B

I asked what does that mean and he said "Money over *****ES! :D

holy **** i was gonna say some stuff and then a come back and all a sudden theres a bunch of epic ****
I hear ya O.o

I think Kage meant energies around us. Not just the universe but people, objects, etc. We learn to require one person as a crutch to lean on, which is easy, and when we no longer have them we have to learn to use the whole world/universe as needed.

Top Bottom