• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Melee Social Thread and stuff

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
...not the kinda flashy that myself/Axe like to play.... kinda get me? it just idk.. there's something about looking flashy/fancy... overaggressive... and good that idk.. just is awesome to do... lol idk.. ><

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
I like sheik :(

But my bro and I have both picked up Falco after persuasion from Axe (and a bit from PP). He's flashy and so much fun haha.

He's like my project character right now. I'm not a very technical player as is, but with falco I had a hard time even wave dashing. So it's like I'm working from the ground up, and it's fun.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
I <333 Sheik =3

I think I have the most fun with marth though. His shenanigans make me lol all the time.

Falco is really fun too, I kinda wanna try picking him up. Stupid Sion making me wanna play falco D=

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
the fuun charcters: marth, roy, sheik, zedla sometimes,falcon, space animals, link red armor, pichu, sheik, and puff everyone else isn't worth playing as most of the time.think of like luigi vs peach or something. or ice climbers vs ness.

also yoshi forgot him

SSBMLahti

Smash Lord
the fuun charcters: marth, roy, sheik, zedla sometimes,falcon, space animals, link red armor, pichu, sheik, and puff everyone else isn't worth playing as most of the time.think of like luigi vs peach or something. or ice climbers vs ness.

also yoshi forgot him
Your posts are actually beginning to make sense...:c You're using periods now as well! What has the world come to...

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
hey falco combos are cool looking and feel good. It feels great to 0-death someon e as falco and I was like : O I just wanted to land a hit and I 0-deathed him XD

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
falco or sheik has the fastest results in learning Ill argee. kirby is the easiest to learn.

I swear kirby only uses a few moves and it's seriously do this move in this case always.

Fried Ice Cream

Smash Ace
So today I finally got my copy of Melee again! I think I'm going to start practicing some, I feel like Brawl was fun, but it's a bit slow for my taste. I've seen some amazing melee videos and I want to give it a shot as well. I'm most likely going to main Fox, I love the way he looks and the way he fights and moves :).

You might see me around here or the Fox boards a bit more, proabbly ;)

tw1n

Smash Champion
Lol falco and fox are so much fun to play because of how fast they can move.

I love speed demons in any fighting game :D

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
what I like about melee is it's control. I wish SF had jumping like that I think i'd preffer you just to angle all your attack to get different things like melee

Geist

Smash Master
There's fighters that have DJing in them too.
The thing about maneuverability is that it's relative as long as the entire cast is maneuverable in similar increments. Playing footsies in SF is the equivalent of DDing across big distances in melee.
I'm playing devil's advocate though lol, I love the sense of zooming around the stage.
I personally love the idea of platforms in a fighting game.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
play bushido blade it has platforms and the most wicked tech chases you've ever seen. also has tripping with setting of high or low, different stages with wind and pits and destroyable stuff(only bamboo) and all kinds of things. plus you can tear open a human skull with a hammer or break their arms and legs or use the guy with a gun who is hard to tell is broken , middle, or worse in game really debateable because reload time is like gannon's B. but his block is broken.

but if you break his legs he auto loses and he can't jump so him on a platform doesn't work and his tech chase is hard but is nearly always an auto kill.

sorry I ranted again : (

Kanelol

Smash Lord
I was on Facebook and I realized I wanted to post the lyrics to the song I was listening to, because it's a ****ing incredible song

to my dismay, I realized a few seconds later that it was a Daft Punk song and was completely without words of any kind

>:(

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I wish that would be soooo amazing. I like the little guy with the saber/hammer combo and that chick with the pole in your eye.

the red shadow is sheik I swear so many projectiles and she has sheik's down-smash

Kanelol

Smash Lord
it's not same sex couples that piss people off, it's really irritating, ******y, same sex couples that are only doing it for the attention that piss people off

putting a smiley face at the end of a sentence *****ing about how awful your upper-middle class suburban lifestyle is doesn't make you world weary or empathetical, it just makes you a ****ing whiny *****

Dexter is a great show, but i was so late on the train I already know all the spoilers :[

I piss myself a little bit sometimes when I cough and it's the most uncomfortable thing ever

And now, for a short written piece.

The night was cold, still, unbroken. The air had the ethereal quality of a midwest winter, of the first genuine cold day, sharp on the heels of the second or third hard snow.
I wandered off my front porch, the ice-encrusted concrete stinging oddly at my inappropriately naked feet. For a brief moment, I would experience the world as it exists, with no filters, no bias.
The air was completely silent. No youthful, ebullient yelps from reckless teenagers, no idle chatter from a nearby backyard barbecue.
Naught but the distant, echoing roar of cars on some other-worldly freeway, so far they may as well have been non-existent, and the silent sounds, that you felt more than heard, of a stubborn breeze bristling through long dead branches.
This was a unifying tranquility. I felt at once the complete serenity of an endless, cold, dark to float around in. I had a transcendent moment of understanding, where I experienced, on an evolutionary level, a primal sense of being. A sense of belonging, a sense of communion with every other tiny little speck floating about in this endless nether. This celestial cold was hushing, stilling, strangulating.
I don't know why, but I love the winter.

TheGoat

Smash Ace
Guys fill me in since I wasn't in the smash community in '08
Did all the pros like rush to brawl, and then they realized it sucked? How long did that take? Thanks I want to know about smash history.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
Guys fill me in since I wasn't in the smash community in '08
Did all the pros like rush to brawl, and then they realized it sucked? How long did that take? Thanks I want to know about smash history.
For a while everyone rushed to brawl, but while some stayed, others slowly came back. Mind you, some players never left (Mango, Tee Aye Eye, etc). Those players came out with works such as these:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jStYo2vcnJI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WrRfqJPOYM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xz-kGtEr1oo

mind you, I have nothing against brawl players or the game. To each his and her own. I, however, enjoy the hell out of MELEE!!!! WOOOO!!!! :p

TheGoat

Smash Ace
For a while everyone rushed to brawl, but while some stayed, others slowly came back. Mind you, some players never left (Mango, Tee Aye Eye, etc). Those players came out with works such as these:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jStYo2vcnJI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WrRfqJPOYM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xz-kGtEr1oo

mind you, I have nothing against brawl players or the game. To each his and her own. I, however, enjoy the hell out of MELEE!!!! WOOOO!!!! :p
Ok thanks! Yeah that's what I assumed would have happened, and good for mango lol. I imagine there was also many ****storms on the forums.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
speaking of daft punk, this video gave me chills first time i saw it. this band phoenix plays, and daft punk surprise guests out of nowhere, and mixes a song with the band. it's amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9TAclxkMdU [skip to 5:00 for the happenin']

oh and i just found this out, guess the guitar player for phoenix and daft punk used to be ina band together, so that's cool

Top Bottom