• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Melee Social Thread and stuff

The Star King

Smash Hero
I've always had the idea for a "Money Match", where the stake isn't money, but the loser has to use the first tag given by the "Random Tag" feature for a pre-determined amount of time.

That could be a pretty high stake if you ask me.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Internet meme's oh well.

Anyway, Haley... ask Johnathan he'll prlly be able to help you. I wanna record stuffffffffs.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Its all just a rhythm/memory thing. Start out running around doing a few random nairs here and there.

Then when you have a good feel for it try to speed up. Eventually you'll do it in your sleep

None Shall Pass

Smash Apprentice
Its all just a rhythm/memory thing. Start out running around doing a few random nairs here and there.

Then when you have a good feel for it try to speed up. Eventually you'll do it in your sleep
Trust me, I've been trying.

Sure, I can SH Nair, but in a heated match I always panic and full hop Nair.

It gets me *****. Especially against Marth. :mad:

Just got to practice. Thanks for the feedback.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Trust me, I've been trying.

Sure, I can SH Nair, but in a heated match I always panic and full hop Nair.

It gets me *****. Especially against Marth. :mad:

Just got to practice. Thanks for the feedback.
Imo thats not about you being unable to SH nair thats nerves kicking in. =/

Keep playing, expose yourself to more matches with something to play for and you'll get over it xD

Korrupshen

Smash Ace
Practice on computers, that's how I got better. I use try to step a little out my comfort zone and play a little faster, and my hands use to HURT. But for some reason that helped. Even when I quit melee and went to 64 and came back I felt like I got better. Probably cuz my finger dexterity speed increased.

I still got this problem that when I play with new people I don't know, I just go stiff. Sometimes I move so fast I skip the jump button and just A or either B depending on which attack I use, but that only happens when I play with people I don't know. When I play with my brothers I can play at my best without a problem. I need to go to tournaments more....only been to one and I did horrible on brackets. Friendlies I did way better except my first friendly set T-T horrible. My little brother was disappointed.

And why is it easier to JC shine with fox than falco. Do I have to JC faster for falco or slower. :/

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
You must really suck at this game if you can't compete at the top level the first time you pick up a controller.

Korrupshen

Smash Ace
I have a lot of motivation, and I happy that there are a lot of people better than me. I like to lose once in a while by people, it shows that I still have room to improve. I mean who doesn't like to play someone that's better than them in there favorite game that their good at. However, I hate having to go all the way upstate just to play people to get better. I wish there was another way to play people without having to take a hour and 15 min just to get up there. My life would be complete if Melee had online.

@ Sveet I don't mean computers, computers are ****in easy. I mean top or semi profressionals who've been playing for years

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I was saying something opposite to my meaning. It was meant as a way of saying "Don't beat yourself up if you can't do something. Keep at it and you'll get it."

SSBMLahti

Smash Lord
I have a lot of motivation, and I happy that there are a lot of people better than me. I like to lose once in a while by people, it shows that I still have room to improve. I mean who doesn't like to play someone that's better than them in there favorite game that their good at. However, I hate having to go all the way upstate just to play people to get better. I wish there was another way to play people without having to take a hour and 15 min just to get up there. My life would be complete if Melee had online.

@ Sveet I don't mean computers, computers are ****in easy. I mean top or semi profressionals who've been playing for years
I don't like the idea of having Melee available online. I think it would kind of seclude the community, I mean, you wouldn't really have to travel, so you wouldn't get to meet new people or see old friends. I wouldn't enjoy the game as much. This is asusming that if it were online, it wouldn't be like the ****ty laggy *** online Brawl has.

Korrupshen

Smash Ace
I don't like the idea of having Melee available online. I think it would kind of seclude the community, I mean, you wouldn't really have to travel, so you wouldn't get to meet new people or see old friends. I wouldn't enjoy the game as much. This is asusming that if it were online, it wouldn't be like the ****ty laggy *** online Brawl has.
Hmmm.....I didn't think of it that way, but I agree with you on that. Melee online would just reduce hype and I won't be able to meet anybody. That's one of the main reasons I started playing the game which was

4 DA HYPE and PPL

So I think I don't want online anymore lol XD

SSBMLahti

Smash Lord
Hmmm.....I didn't think of it that way, but I agree with you on that. Melee online would just reduce hype and I won't be able to meet anybody. That's one of the main reasons I started playing the game which was

4 DA HYPE and PPL

So I think I don't want it anymore lol XD
I kind of made a hyppocritical statement there, seeing as I haven't traveled for Melee (but that WILL change once I get my lisence and/or a car/money. As of now I only have one person in my area who plays Melee, and he's gone home since we have a 4 week break from college :(

But yeah, online Melee=bad idea in my eyes.

SSBMLahti

Smash Lord
I have none.....maddddddd lucky, no hype in 3rd Ave of NY.

Sucks :(
Dude, you're in NY?! Isn't there a ton of players in the NY area? I live in Sudbury, Ontario, and there is nobody here. No one has even heard of my city ffs. But I am the one to blame since I haven't taken the initiative to travel/create a scene in my community.

Korrupshen

Smash Ace
Dude, you're in NY?! Isn't there a ton of players in the NY area? I live in Sudbury, Ontario, and there is nobody here. No one has even heard of my city ffs. But I am the one to blame since I haven't taken the initiative to travel/create a scene in my community.
Unless they all chill upstate. I haven't been playing in the scene that long to know if there are any people around my area like that....I'm probably one of the youngest smashers too.
Only 16

Tekk

Smash Lord
I'm 16 too, and I had no problem getting started with melee in september 2009.
Doesn't Hax live in NY ?

Tekk

Smash Lord
Why don't you ask him then ?You gotta do something by yourself if you wanna find someone to play with. :p

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Near NYC man.

I think thats where he's around anyway. A lot of North Jersey players play in NYC too.

There are a few upstate players too like Sol and phish it iirc.

Korrupshen

Smash Ace
Why don't you ask him then ?You gotta do something by yourself if you wanna find someone to play with. :p
True....
But I need to know this guy a little bit more first if I wanna chill over his house n play, but before I do that I wanna increase my tech skill some more, and get a better understanding in depth about the game. I need to get my *** up and go to tourneys more. I also need to switch my lcd to a crt again .___. Delay "might" **** me up when I play at a tourney.

@Teczero I remember you, aren't you the dude with the glasses that takes that anime plushie with you everywhere you go and be chillin wit Alu.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Sounds like me yea LOL

Alu is my homie so very possible.

Though I don't bring my plushie with me all the time. I usually leave it home for locals and stuff. I brought it for RoM though. But Sion stole it from me for RoM lmao

EDIT: Youtube is ********...

[collapse=why D=]
[/collapse]

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Sooooo psyched my recording stuff works though.

Eggm, nando and hopefully a few NY peeps are gonna come down to play next week too. Now I can finally continue uploading tons of lol friendlies and... some seriouslies I guess =3

Top Bottom