• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Melee Social Thread and stuff

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Sort of. But it's more of the fact that it's nigh impossible to beat on Hard mode. And Very Hard...ugh. I've ruined many a practice session thinking that I could somehow do it.

SSBM, the non-competitve version, is so hard now.

The Star King

Smash Hero
ShroudedOne, I spent some time doing VeryHard All Star a long time ago and tried to get all characters, and I got like 20/25 IIRC

You just gotta find the right strategy for the G&Ws for that character

The Star King

Smash Hero
With for the most part. I think there may have been a few without but I don't really remember because I didn't care if I had them or not. There's one without continues with Kirby on Youtube IIRC

Sorry if you meant strictly without continues :3

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Yeah, I've been trying to do it without continues only (like a dummy). I should've specified.

Team Luigi is ****ing stupid, btw.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
We are. That was a separate thought, sorry.

Frustration with 1-P mode in general.

As an afterthought, I actually find the G@Ws to be relatively simple. Getting there is the difficult part.

Twinkles

Smash Lord
I have a question for anyone who's made a serious main switch and stuck with it.

What made you decide to switch mains? What was the turning point? What type of thoughts did you have as you were about to switch, and when were you sure that switching characters would be the right thing for you to do?

Twinkles

Smash Lord
Some people would be adamant though and stick with their main, thinking that maybe they'd break through one day. Or they'd give up on the game. I dunno, I thought there'd be more than just "oh ****, this isn't working anymore, better switch mains" cuz then I'd see a lot more main-switches.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
No, I-it was a friend...a friend who had a dream about wondering of switching mains. He asked me to ask here...and it was hypothetical.

I don't like the idea of flip flopping on your main but I think M2K can make it work, other times I think people should just buckle down and practice. Look at ****ing kage or axe.

:phone:

Twinkles

Smash Lord
Twinkles, are you thinking of leaving Falcon?
If I do poorly and I think I've reached a roadblock in my development or I don't like how I'm looking at the game, I get an itch to switch. It's kind of like an afterthought, like "what if I mained this guy instead of Falcon?" Honestly though, I don't think I'll ever leave Falcon, so this question really was brought up out of pure curiosity. I've grown attached to my main, so it's hard for me to think about how some people just up and switch characters, so I'm wondering what could push a person away from their character.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Well if you ever want to realistically win a tournament then you might have to. You need to use every tool to your advantage and being able to CP a character vs certain players is also a tool or a skill worth looking into. Being a hardass on your character can help you develop very good fundamentals but after a while you'll likely need to understand every single character just so that you'll have less weakness for the opponent to exploit. And so, in some rare cases you may need to learn another character.

ZelDan

Smash Master
I've been playing for Marth for so long against my buddy that it just started to get redundant.

been focusing with Sheik now to mix things up a bit.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
No Falcon's were shamed in the making of this split.

Twinkles

Smash Lord
I missed Hax vs Scar to do work and I come back to see a 3-way split between m2k and my two favorite canadians.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
I have a question for anyone who's made a serious main switch and stuck with it.

What made you decide to switch mains? What was the turning point? What type of thoughts did you have as you were about to switch, and when were you sure that switching characters would be the right thing for you to do?
i switched to marth because i was a stupid technical fox player who used tech skill as a crutch and loathed my own playstyle because it was so fraudulent

Top Bottom