• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Melee Social Thread and stuff

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Fox = Cause chaos (Being able to crowd control well and to land the first hits, doing damage.. edgeguarding off-stage very important.)
Ganon = Work with the chaos (As Fox lands hits, have Ganon combo off those hits so that you can either send opponents off-stage really fast or just continue massive % combos. Ganon should also try to stay away from 1v2 situations as much as possible, he should be defensive and be a tank for the team. That doesn't mean willing get hit for Fox but being to survive really long. He should also stay on stage while Fox is on the ledge or off-stage depending because he can easily make opponents stay off-stage in that position. There's no way in hell anyone should be able to pass that wall, if they do then either one of you did something wrong.)

If the 2 can do that then you should be good.

LLDL

Smash Hero
What's up guys. If there is anyone here who wants to start recording Melee and want's an easy solution, I am selling my Pinnacle Video transfer. for $70.

It is basically a little device that you carry around, along with your usb flash drive or hard drive. When you want to record, you your flash/usb/hard drive to the device, hook up smash to it and press record. The videos are saved straight to the usb device that you connected and ready to upload immediately. It's in good condition, and in the box. I just don't need it anymore, and I got frustrated at a couple of tournaments because if you move the usb device connected or if the power goes out, the videos don't get saved. I'm not soliciting, I'm posting this here because I want a fellow smasher to have it that will put it to good use for the comunity, instead of a random person on ebay.

It is discontinued, the normal price was $99 on the Pinnacle website, and currently it goes on ebay for about $120-$150, whenever some posts a listing. PM me if interested!

Here's an example of a recorded video with the PVT uploaded straight to my youtube without any editing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rz5pA3_CnmE

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
best mewtwo taunt: ledge canceling a dair into a fair so he says MMM CAWK

wut
brb

trying that

Edit: I'm pretty sure he only says MMM after Usmash, so MMM CAWK isn't possible, but you can still get CAWK MMM lol

Also, in an attempt to get more people into melee, I posted flyers around my campus saying that if someone can beat me in a best of 5 set on fd, no items, they get $200 and it's free to try (Of course I told the couple smash players here that it's not open to them since it's basically a 200 dollar MM with no risk).

The Star King

Smash Hero
brb

trying that

Edit: I'm pretty sure he only says MMM after Usmash, so MMM CAWK isn't possible, but you can still get CAWK MMM lol

Also, in an attempt to get more people into melee, I posted flyers around my campus saying that if someone can beat me in a best of 5 set on fd, no items, they get $200 and it's free to try (Of course I told the couple smash players here that it's not open to them since it's basically a 200 dollar MM with no risk).
Isn't it one of Mewtwo's generic "yells" that can come after a bunch of attacks (mostly smash attacks)? Like Fox can say "TUYAA", "HAA", "NNGH" and maybe some other stuff when he does a smash. I think it might work with dash attack.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
I had to post this. I've been getting a numb thumb from playing smash at times and it's not smash but griping things a certain way in my right thumb. I found the sweet spot that does it and I googled what causes a numb thumb. This came up

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Why_is_your_thumb_numb

Not the video games part...scroll down and for some reason Jiggly Puff is highlighted as if I searched that. Google keeps tabs on everyone, they're creating an AI here people.

Jockmaster

Smash Ace
Question: does anyone know the name of the video that has multiple captain falcons teching around the map and making falcon noises in sync with some trippy music in the background?

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Applying the warrior lessons in boxing feels amazing actually, stepping it up to the next level ftw.. not just in a video game. I do like the challenge.. if not then there's not much point to do anything if it isn't hard to do. This weekend for the first time, I actually felt complete peace with myself.

Beat!

Smash Master
Huh? I'm not sure I understand your sentence exactly..
"If you're practicing boxing/mma now, does that mean we are now going to have to deal with a slightly braindead Kage?"

I didn't understand it either at first.

Bing, the difference between your and you're. Learn it.

Bing

Smash Master
lol... oh god. This is a John but... I post while I'm at work taking calls, so I make a fun-ton of mistakes when I'm rushing out a sentence while selling Judy Smith Accident Insurance.

Top Bottom