• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Melee Social Thread and stuff

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Puff: top tier
Purin: top tier
Pummeluff: top tier
Rondoudou: bottom tier

sorry tekk :(

Svetsunov

Smash Apprentice
Random as hell, But i have a friend who plays DK. And every time he uses DK's taunt I want to punch him in the face over and over. That taunt just unlocks my inner rage and I can't figure out why.

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
Does anyone know how many Melee players exist globally? I find this interesting for some reason.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
keep in mind the SSBPD takes into account every alt name that someone used, as well as accepts any tournament file EVER made through all the years of smash (including free locals with 8 people, several of which my friend submitted.) so pretty much nearly everyone who's entered a tournament and then some

if you want to know the number of active players, it's probably a small percentage of that number. but still a decently large size

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
In my head, I estimate somewhere around 500 or so "regular" smashers (play at smashfests and occasional tournaments) and probably 200 "active" smashers (seriously trying to improve and try to make every tourney). Again, all in my head with no data to back it up

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
^Didn't apex have more than 200 entrants and that's without those from around the world who can't afford it. It's probably over 1000. My guess.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I think a lot of "regular" players go to those, not just the "active". "Regular" players are the ones that don't check smashboards or watch videos all the time, but if you text them for smash they might show up. Those players still enjoy the game but aren't focused on the game as much as they are other things in life. If a national or regional is in the area, these "regular" players are more likely to go compared to a local tournament. An "active" player is one that will travel 2+ hours for a 30 person tournament (like Dart did every weekend for a like a year haha)

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
well...I see what your saying but my point still stands. I think there's double the amount of regular players than you do. but yeah your right about active players then...but I still think there'd be more than 200.

Bing

Smash Master
umm I'd agree with about 500-600 players...

If Apex had 300 players. And that was players from everywhere, good and bad. Then you add that most regions produce 30 player tournaments on average. Then yeah about 600..

Bing

Smash Master
wow.. that would take a few days lolol.

We need a smashweek. like 80$ venue fee(Cause we have the venue for a week)

The State/Province crew battle I mentioned in another thread.

Singles,Doubles. King of the hill.

Legit Crew battle based on region.

gah so much to do!

Geenareeno

Smash Lord
We can host it in the centre of North America. I don't think there are any major cities there but my American geography is ****ty.

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
wow.. that would take a few days lolol.

We need a smashweek. like 80$ venue fee(Cause we have the venue for a week)

The State/Province crew battle I mentioned in another thread.

Singles,Doubles. King of the hill.

Legit Crew battle based on region.

gah so much to do!
How would king of the hill work?
i imagine whoever is able to camp a certain area like the top platform in dreamland would be the winner?

tw1n

Smash Champion
Lol that's be interesting. A smash week would **** tho. Although it'd suck because I always lose my voice :(

Still, I wouldn't miss it for a moment :D

Bing

Smash Master
King of the hill is this:

3 players. Pick Stage.

First stock. Free for all.
After two people die, its a 2 v 1 vs the leader.

Leader loses stock, everyones at 3. Still 2 v 1 vs the "leader"

Leader dies so he has 2 stocks, other two have 3. Whoever has the less %, is now the leader.

Continue this pattern until its last man standing. At no point would it be a free for all unless somehow everyone died at the same time, same stock.

If two players have the same % and same stock while the 3rd person is on a lower stock/higher % then the person who's stock is newest, is the "leader"

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Ign wrote a great article on project m and though they're not super knowledgable about our community thy interviewed the pmbr and gave us some community awareness and some good info on pm that I didn't know. I can't link it now cause I'm on my phone but I thought the article was cool.

:phone:

Warhawk

Smash Lord
I was really impressed with the latest version of project m. I played it today and its pretty cool and closer to melee than I thought they would be able to get. Plus Bowser's actually somewhat playable lol.

Andy Lawliet

Smash Cadet
I remember a topic in Melee Discussion about which buttons to use best (i Even think there was a picture in it describing what Button to use for what action). Anybody knows the exact name or has a link?

I want to teach someone ATs and want him to learn the best and easiest way possible

:phone:

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Just give him multiple ways to do something and tell him to pick whatever feels easier.

A lot of people use less than optimal buttons just based on feel.

I would search the thread for you but phone johns.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
Top Bottom