• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Melee Social Thread and stuff

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
i don't see how that relates to the leniancy people get. shouldn't really matter who's spamming or why, the rules apply.

Pi

Smash Hero
4 PK Flashes in a GAW bucket Countered by Roy
that's old and takes no timing or teamwork

rules about spamming are by definition arbitrary
what is or isn't spam is dictated by the context of the post in question

most if not all of ICG posts hold little to no value, yet he's allowed to post...constantly

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
right, but i still don't see the relationship. you're trying to say that mods can't tell the difference between a guy posting spam or not? I know you're saying maybe that's just how the person posts, and that it comes off as spam, but i'm pretty sure the mods aren't ******** and can tell when spam is going down, which is pretttttttty often

ICG's posts having little value is a matter of opinion, he still posts his opinion without being spammy about it, he just has weird structure.

i consider spam like 1-3 words of little value, a post of a picture, **** like that. spam isn't that hard to notice, regardless of who's posting it

Pi

Smash Hero
right, but i still don't see the relationship. you're trying to say that mods can't tell the difference between a guy posting spam or not? I know you're saying maybe that's just how the person posts, and that it comes off as spam, but i'm pretty sure the mods aren't ******** and can tell when spam is going down, which is pretttttttty often

ICG's posts having little value is a matter of opinion, he still posts his opinion without being spammy about it, he just has weird structure.

i consider spam like 1-3 words of little value, a post of a picture, **** like that. spam isn't that hard to notice, regardless of who's posting it
I see what you're saying, and yea it'd be nice for the mods to be able to use their better judgment when handing out infractions, but when judgment is used it can be contested

also i don't really see your gripe w/ -spam-
i've got icg on ignore and half the page shows up as ignore but at least i don't have to read his garbage

i'd much prefer a post of 1-3 words or a picture to a lengthy nonsensical valueless icg post

and i'd much prefer lax mods than one who act like their getting paid to be tight *****

john!

Smash Hero
fully charged flare blade, countered by another roy, countered by a third roy, countered by a fourth roy, countered by the first roy if he's still alive, and so on

make it happen magus

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
it's not the spam that i have gripe with. if the mods didn't care period about spam neither would i. but it's when they're leniant as hell towards certain members [while joining in on the spam at the same time sometimes too], then you see other's get punished much much easier for the same crap. i just think it's imba. it's not the posts themself that matter to me at all, but the justification behind certain people being allowed to :3

Pi

Smash Hero
it's not the spam that i have gripe with. if the mods didn't care period about spam neither would i. but it's when they're leniant as hell towards certain members [while joining in on the spam at the same time sometimes too], then you see other's get punished much much easier for the same crap. i just think it's imba. it's not the posts themself that matter to me at all, but the justification behind certain people being allowed to :3
ah
well to that i say welcome to smashboards
you can try to fight the power but when the power is bias and falls back on the almighty TOS laid down four score and seven year ago whenever they're caught up in a pickle you might as well be arguing on the internet. oh wait.

tl:dr mods are bias fallible humans with a superiority complex (not all of them)

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
ah
well to that i say welcome to smashboards
you can try to fight the power but when the power is bias and falls back on the almighty TOS laid down four score and seven year ago whenever they're caught up in a pickle you might as well be arguing on the internet. oh wait.

tl:dr mods are bias fallible humans with a superiority complex (not all of them)
lrn 2 tl;dr.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
I would say impossible but I'm intrigued. What per se would you do to be cooler than that?

Don't get me wrong I'm not doubting you, I'm curious more than anything as to how cool the legendary Insane Carzy Bro really can get (que Over 9000 reference)

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
brain wash every last person to love me. I'm not going to lie but I predicted you'd say impossible right off the bat and then point out that yoshi became that awesome so it clearly isn't. See right now there's a good chance i'm slowly injecting my poison in you to make you love me, it'd be much easier for you if you didn't try to fight it. : P

Twin_A

Smash Champion
You don't need poison for that bro. Just hang out with me, I tend to like people and people tend to (somehow) like me. Maybe it's because I slip pills into their drinks when they aren't looking. Yeah that's probably it.

Good idea though.

Another option: just ask someone if they want to play melee :p

Twin_A

Smash Champion
I dunno. Wait what are you going to do withOUT them or with them?

Because if you have a bunch of drugs, you could try feeding them to a cat and seeing what happens. Or you could take it to the next national and win it while everyone else drools on themselves (don't worry about giving twin1 any drugs, he just sucks at the game) :p

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
oh I messed up my post but it still worked out great. hey are you the cool twin? I only pick favorites with twins just to p*** them off if they look alike.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
oh I messed up my post but it still worked out great. hey are you the cool twin? I only pick favorites with twins just to p*** them off if they look alike.
I can't answer that (not that I don't want to) lol. People who try to pit us off against each other usually have it turn around against them 10 fold lol. As well were would I be in the smash community without my twin? We aren't phenomenal at the game yet we're well known. Some blame the card magic, others blame the origami or the commentary, but I blame the fact that we're twins haha. I mean if only one of us went to a national, it just wouldn't be the same :p

the younger twin is usually cuter
You are correct sir. The younger twin is always cuter, better at smash, better at life, smarter, and is more likely to have Kirbykaze want to sleep with him.

the one with the hat is the one i want to sleep with

so twin_A
You see, being the younger twin helps :p

<3 ya KK. If I ever move to Canada I'll try being gay just once for you buddy ^_^

SSBMLahti

Smash Lord
Come on haven't you seen that old comedy movie "Say It Ain't So" were the foreign gay guy keeps calling Chris Klein a "Prevert"?
We don't have movies here in Canada, we just watch the polar bears and penguins walk by our houses for entertainment.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
We don't have movies here in Canada, we just watch the polar bears and penguins walk by our houses for entertainment.
You can't fool me with your antics oh one of the Canadia region! I've spoken to many of your kind before, and I know that you also have Curling and Hockey. Those who don't like the physical pain and empowerment caused by playing hockey (the p*****s I believe is the technical term) then switch over to Curling. Fret not, for one day you shall be granted with what we Americans call "Hollywood Entertainment". I know those words may be confusing for you, but just add "Aye" and "Hoser" in there somewhere and it'll clear it up for you.

After all, I'm part Canadian. just look at my name: Twin_AYE :p

USA USA USA USA USA!

there now I feel better :p

SSBMLahti

Smash Lord
You can't fool me with your antics oh one of the Canadia region! I've spoken to many of your kind before, and I know that you also have Curling and Hockey. Those who don't like the physical pain and empowerment caused by playing hockey (the p*****s I believe is the technical term) then switch over to Curling. Fret not, for one day you shall be granted with what we Americans call "Hollywood Entertainment". I know those words may be confusing for you, but just add "Aye" and "Hoser" in there somewhere and it'll clear it up for you.

After all, I'm part Canadian. just look at my name: Twin_AYE :p

USA USA USA USA USA!

there now I feel better :p
You must have dealt with what we call "French Canadians". We do not welcome those kind around my parts, for we view hockey and curling as evil and babaric activities.
And the most used word in Canada is "sorry" lol. ..eh?

Top Bottom