• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Melee Social Thread and stuff

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
yea. the animation is mad clean, entertaining stories, wholesome themes, great for little kids and for bronies

i think the best part is the voice acting

Varist

Smash Lord
what the ****

that garbage will do nothing to improve your life whatsoever. and friendship is sure as hell not magic. magic would be stardust and sprinkles firing out of my **** for no good reason.

you know you have hit your last venue for desperate social connection in this life when you try to get in with the ****ing bronies. christ

edit: but no personal disrespect to you choknater, you are a good person in every other way i can determine

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lol you clearly don't know what you're talking about

here is my story:

i heard about the show, and i was flabbergasted that some of my friends thought it was good. as far as i knew, my little pony was a toy for 5 yo girls.

turns out the show was made by some artists that i really respect (namely Lauren Faust of Powerpuff Girls, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends), and that the show actually had quite a bit of thematic depth. as an aspiring animator i found it quite valuable to try watching

out of curiosity i tried out the first episode, and the 2nd since it is a continuation of the first. i found it a strangely satisfying, highly entertaining, feel-good show. i just had to have an open mind. i liked it, but i didn't think of continuing the show. however i told my girl about it and we watched the first couple eps together. now she really likes it and asks me to watch the show with her late at night. pretty nice deal!

and come on, man

true friendship is indeed magical.

tbh, the whole thing really reminds me of anime like azumanga daioh, lucky star, and k-on, except with a little more direction. just a bunch of girls who are friends, and what happens when they are all together.

TheSaudiMizer

Smash Journeyman
Hey this is a little random but whatever happened to Jesiah? I remember his "quest to be the best" or whatever it was and saw him at a tournament at one point, but I forgot about it until it just randomly popped into my head today. Did he give up on that or what?

tw1n

Smash Champion
Lol I always enjoy reading stuff in this thread. Now if only I had someone to melee with right now, my day would be complete...

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
Glad to say that I found 4 players interested in playing melee in my region. Jamaica smash community picking up.

Top Bottom