• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important Melee, Hacks, and You -- New Hackers Start Here, in the OP!

D1

Banned via Administration
Hey guys I made an official texture hack thread so we can have everything available on the fiirst post so its really easy to access. I'll be updating it daily trying to make it cleaner, more accessible for noobs and vets alike, and etc.

If you want to link it to the first post Godfed by all means do it ^_^!

Thanks

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=279755

GameWatching

Smash Ace
hi,
i m new in melee hacks,
what i done,
is only the proof of a research done by Milun :

i removed the collision for all the MK1 stage,
but i still researching on how to remove polygons...
that shouldn't be that hard ^^.

Steelia

Smash Champion
W'ey there, GameWatching, nice of you to drop by. Been watching some of your discoveries over at Emutalk, and it seems you guys are at least making an attempt at progress. More power to you all; hope you find what you're looking for. (:

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
I really wish i could figure out how to get these textures/music onto an ISO.
For the life of me, I just can't get them to work...

Rykard

Smash Ace
I really wish i could figure out how to get these textures/music onto an ISO.
For the life of me, I just can't get them to work...
read the second post in this thread. I think that has all the information on building the custom ISO whereas the first one is more about how to do it yourself.

speaking of which, i've noticed that none of these tools seem to apply to Mac users do to the fact that many of the programs needed to do this are .exe files which Macs cannot process. Are there any alternative tutorials for people who have Macs? i would absolutely love to help out the Texture Hacking community or at least Audio Hacks

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
read the second post in this thread. I think that has all the information on building the custom ISO whereas the first one is more about how to do it yourself.

speaking of which, i've noticed that none of these tools seem to apply to Mac users do to the fact that many of the programs needed to do this are .exe files which Macs cannot process. Are there any alternative tutorials for people who have Macs? i would absolutely love to help out the Texture Hacking community or at least Audio Hacks
Too bad stacksmash is down...haha
I know i want RC with "I'm on a boat"
ugh, i wish someone would be kind enough to do this for me for a big hug....
ROFL

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
I can't get my gc backup launcher to work... I patched mios and updated cios etc, but when I run backup launcher it either freezes or says "no dvd". I've burned the iso to both dvd-r and dvd+r, neither worked. What else could be the problem?

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
I can't get my gc backup launcher to work... I patched mios and updated cios etc, but when I run backup launcher it either freezes or says "no dvd". I've burned the iso to both dvd-r and dvd+r, neither worked. What else could be the problem?
Make sure you dont touch your computer during the burning...
some people do that...

SleepyK

make sure to burn at a low speed

does your wii have problems playing discs at all

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
I burned at 2x. I think it might be a problem with my wii, it has been crashing more recently so I'll look into cleaning it. I'm guessing you can't send a hacked wii to nintendo...

Rykard

Smash Ace
one thing you may try is running the backup loader from home brew instead of the icon on the Wii menu. I feel like this probably won't make a difference but mine didn't work until i did that. I would just get a bunch of lines all over the screen

DracoFox

Smash Ace
I burned at 2x. I think it might be a problem with my wii, it has been crashing more recently so I'll look into cleaning it. I'm guessing you can't send a hacked wii to nintendo...
When I first tried running back ups, I was burning at 1x or 2x. I tried 4x burn speed, and I haven't had problems since then. Give that a shot if you will.

And as suggested before, try minimizing tasks that you're doing while the burning process is going on. Unless you think you computer can handle it. Example: I was able to play FFXI while doing the burning process. I highly suggest not to go beyond that unless you're running with more than 2gig for ram. XD

GameWatching

Smash Ace
melee vertex hacking :

this is fox D:
see what a typical char model would look like D:
almost impossible to identify D:

anyway,
trophy are possible and has no vertices mix

Siglemic

Smash Journeyman
is there any hack i can put over dreamland that isn't dreamland? i don't really like the streets of rage or mario rpg ones

Siglemic

Smash Journeyman
http://www.mediafire.com/?k2ejomffiwq

someone should put smashing live into melee

it sounds really amazing

i can't do it because i suck at **** like loop points

i wouldn't mind playing on dumb dreamland if that green greens music was on it, i'm just sick of dl64 music lol

pretty sure it covers most of the neutral/counterpick stages music if you throw green greens on to dl64 and jungle garden on kj64

thoughts?

SleepyK

just do the ez mode + dsp coefficients.
14 min song offers tons of leeway for loops.

nube

Smash Apprentice
@above:
You can extract it from the original iso, if you have it. But if you're planning on making your own .hps, why wouldn't you use the 14 min song?

Anyways, I made my own CSS, and Rainbow FD is almost complete!

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
that entire post is win. I really like the characters actually showing up in their textured forms, also works when you switch costumes?

Rykard

Smash Ace
is there any place where you can download pictures used for the CSS that show the texture hacked versions? I feel like that is one of the more desired things for people who are wanting to make a texture hacked melee

S l o X

Smash Champion
@nube that's ****. too time consuming for me to make do all the editting and what not for every character texture. you should definitely upload your iso.

not feeling rainbow fd much though S:

stuff.

nube

Smash Apprentice
LOL @ above post

@ rykard:
Steelia graciously provided custom CSP's of most of the textured characters at the time here:
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=9368515&postcount=819
Just convert to TPL and replace into MnSlChr.usd

I also made a couple CSP's (mainly for textures not included in Steelia's CSP's), but not for all of the textures - it takes a pretty long time to do them. The CSPs I made are pretty bad, but whatever, I can probably upload my whole MnSlChr.usd sometime.

First I have to edit the icons: the bright blue is toooooooooo bright - you don't really notice it on the computer, but when I tested it on my wii, the Character Select Screen hurt my eyes! lol

Rainbow FD almost done ^^

Rykard

Smash Ace
Top Bottom