• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important Melee, Hacks, and You -- New Hackers Start Here, in the OP!

Zyx

Smash Journeyman
I dont know whats wrong Zyx :(

Peaches instead of turnips : [PlPe.dat]
View : http://ssb-fan.fr/upload/folder04/PeachPeche36.PNG
Download : http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PQK6EBCD

That freezes my game at the loading screen when Peach is chosen as one of the characters.

The DBZ "READY....GO!" works excellently, though it needs an audio boost.

Currently looking for the DBZ announcer to replace it with.
I really don't understand. Everything is ok on my Wii. (Even the new file for Green/Black Falco's lasers)

Can someone try my textures to find where do the problems come from please ?!

@ Rykard : Just try it ^^
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LTKIDCKT

Tichinde925

Smash Legend
It seems that when you zip/rar it up, it works for me.

I find that when uploading/downloading, the entire thing might not have been done successfully even though it says it has. With zipping it up, if it doesnt extract, it isnt good, but if it does extract successfully, then its 100% genuine.

Rykard

Smash Ace
im suprised no one commented on my idea besides
SleepyK
it seems like a really cool idea, i'm just confused as to what the people playing would see in the background. I feel like it might be distracting but idk

Also, for audio hacks, i seem to fail to understand how the swm_15.hps can replace the music the stage already has in the first place. Whenever i try to fit anything larger than the actual song is, it says it cannot be done. Any suggestions? And if there is a guide to this, just send it my way cause i want flame canceling and Sleepy's doesnt have it :p

voorhese

Smash Master
well the background being distracting could be fixed by just changing certain parts of the stage (idk about all the others, but the pokemon stadiums screen would be a good candidate for this awsome idea)

also i just had a thought about how it might not work, using a "green screen" like function in a way would not work in just that little screen, cuz the screen changes size/moves and the thing being showed wouldnt move/grow it would just kinda zoom in & out / slide around on the video behind the match...

hmmmm

Zyx

Smash Journeyman

Tichinde925

Smash Legend
I understand what the problem was. I was using GC-Tool v1.20 (beta).

I tried using GCRebuilder v1.0 and it works AMAZINGLY!

Many thanks for all of your efforts and I'm sorry to say that the problem was on my end.

Zyx

Smash Journeyman
No problem ^^

Can someone give me a link to download Yoshi Story texture pack please ?

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
Not sure if its been posted but is there the Yellow/Black Falco skin to replace the red color? I found the Yellow Fox replacing orange Fox but couldn't find it for Falco.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
Is there a way to selectively move swap? I know that you can move swap but if I only wanted pikachu's up B for Jiggly puff, could I do that? (This is a serious question.)

Oh, just for chuckles and giggles (I.E. I mean the following as a joke.) if that is possible can we select the most broken moves in melee make it a character and call it...

Project: M.E.T.A.K.N.I.G.H.T.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Is there a way to selectively move swap? I know that you can move swap but if I only wanted pikachu's up B for Jiggly puff, could I do that? (This is a serious question.)

Oh, just for chuckles and giggles (I.E. I mean the following as a joke.) if that is possible can we select the most broken moves in melee make it a character and call it...

Project: M.E.T.A.K.N.I.G.H.T.
For the first part... kind of. Requires codes via Action Replay, thoughhhh the character(s) would likely freeze before even getting a foot off the stage.

As for the second part.....
THATS BEEN A LIFELONG DREAM PLEASE MAKE IT HAPPEN [/nojoke]

Rykard

Smash Ace
oh yeah, so i did the HPS insert thing and all that stuff and the cmd ran smoothly, however, there was no temp.hps that was made after the fact. any ideas why that might have happened? there were no errors or anything and the end result on the cmd screen looked exactly like the video guide i followed.

Zyx

Smash Journeyman
I didn't find Yoshi Story.. I made Battlefield !

Can't make a brighter background...
Need a Mario Party music now !

Rykard

Smash Ace
zyx is my favorite person ever now lol

And i figured out my problem with the hps hacks. I'll have a few hopefully posted in the next day or so

smakis

Smash Ace
soooo...tried to do a texture, was going to do a black popo with a white hammer. I used paint.net, marked the parts i wanted black, clicked "make black and white" then lowered the brightness. Did the same thing for the hammer. This was the end result lol

http://img697.imageshack.us/f/popotexture.jpg/

I mean i can kind of understand him being dark blue, since after all i lowered the brightness, but i did make him black/white before i did that. What really confuzzles me is the hammer, why is half of it skin colored? I once did a black/white lucas for brawl (i know, ****game, brawl+ looked interesting when i made it) with the same method and it turned out perfect.

on a side note, is it possible to make the back not mirror itself? (pretty sure its not possible buy hey, worth a try)

edit: i tried making it black without any changes to brightness, just using the brush and painting it pitch black, it still comes out as blue, and it's not only dolphin, same thing happens on the wii

nube

Smash Apprentice
@smakis

I haven't done much texturing, but I have experienced the exact same thing as you, only with falco, not IC's. Once, I tried to change Silentwolf's blue skin/white jacket falco into black skin/white jacket, but the skin just turned into dark blue skin, instead pure black.

I have no clue why it retained the blue colour and won't turn completely black, since I know there are falco textures with white, green, and red skins, without the blue tinge. Perhaps someone with more texture hacking experience can shed some light.

@Zyx

Nice Battlefield texture! I think Steelia has a texture pack for YS. Try PMing him, I'm sure he wouldn't mind giving it to you.

~~~
Finally got to uploading some laser colours, if anyone wants em

Turquoise Falco Lasers <--replace file into PlFc.dat
Green Fox Lasers <--replace file into PlFx.dat

Also, Ness Black Lightning PK Flash:
Black PK Flash <-- replace file into PlNs.dat

koopa222

Smash Rookie
I'm one step away from brawl hacks, BUT THE MIOS PATCHER WONT WORK, AGAIN!!! Got the CIOS to load but now MIOS patcher gets stuck saying initializing network, also above it it says "...File fat:/00000001/00000101/v5/tmd.5 not found
Edit: Turns out CIOS screwed up my internet connection and i hadn't installed MIOS wad yet, lolz

Hydro_Smasher

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys I was screwing around and my roomate gave me the idea of changing pikachu's hat so here it is.

Code:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1NR4XZ9X

koopa222

Smash Rookie
Sorry for spamming but can someone PLEASE help me with the MIOS Patcher! Got the CIOS to load but now MIOS patcher gets stuck saying initializing network, also above it it says "...File fat:/00000001/00000101/v5/tmd.5 not found. Any help?

Afro_Chris

Smash Ace
hey guys wat up school is starting again, and seeing how im majoring in video game development i should prob get back into hacking this game lol, only thing is when i gave my laptop into my university they reformatted it...lol meaning all my textures i did have been deleted however im pretty sure i may have uploaded my iso to someone so if anyone has that iso/or a more updated one i could start to work off of itd be awesome if i can have a copy

thanks...also ive seen u guys have made a lot of progress over the summer good ****

Zyx

Smash Journeyman
Hum... Steelia, I have a problem. When I try to modify the stage shifts for pokémon stadium, the game freezes when I choose the stage... I think the placements are not correct :/

(GrPs Water)

Rykard

Smash Ace
hey zyx, do you have any particular song from mario party you want for your mario battlefield? cause i can make it for you if you'd like. I on the other hand took a different approach and already made an HPs file of the final bowser battle from Mario Galaxy. I think it works awesomely

you can listen to it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIuvjG3Egjo

the actual hps file repeats 1:29 - 2:31 in the video perfectly

and then download it here: http://www.mediafire.com/?hj3a777zqmtai

These are for the 14 minute song btw. Which i really want a tutorial on how to do yourself if that isn't too much to ask. I'd really like to do it myself for my ISO

Rykard

Smash Ace
How to do what yourself? There's tutorials for pretty much everything, though.
make it so that you can have really long music tracks such as SleepyK shows in his videos. Up to 14:02 minutes. Making the hps files is the easy part but when you try and put them into the stages, gctool and gcrebuilder wont allow it because they are larger that the file that already exists. Obviously, something was done with the iso so that tracks longer than the ones that already exist on the stages can fit. And using the loops points that already exist don't even sound good with a new song because they don't loop that well.

If there is a tutorial on how to do this, i would love to see it and be that much happier :)

Rykard

Smash Ace
wow, i've watched that video like a hundred times and never noticed that lol thanks Gardevior. I feel like an idiot now. please excuse all my stupidity

Top Bottom