• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important Melee, Hacks, and You -- New Hackers Start Here, in the OP!

Zyx

Smash Journeyman
Thank you very much (again !) Steelia.
I'll see your video this afternoon !

And just for fun, and to try some tricks : Princess Marth

(bad screens quality)

zBOREDOMKINGz

Smash Apprentice
And just for fun, and to try some tricks : Princess Marth
I will LOVE you if it was the Red Marf.
This'll be perfect for when my friend comes over to play some Melee and his precious Marth color is gone. >:D

Also concerning the subject. Since it's not like Brawl textures where you can replace any color.
If I were to download some texture could I make it to the color that I would like it to replace?

`DNS`

Smash Lord
I will LOVE you if it was the Red Marf.
This'll be perfect for when my friend comes over to play some Melee and his precious Marth color is gone. >:D

Also concerning the subject. Since it's not like Brawl textures where you can replace any color.
If I were to download some texture could I make it to the color that I would like it to replace?
nah its the neutral one (plmsNR)

Steelia

Smash Champion
Noooooooooooo.
That means I have to replace S's texture. :[
Ah...

With your permission, Zyx, I was planning on doing this earlier for self use, but do you mind if I rehex your Princess Marth onto PlMsRe.dat instead, and release it here? I find that to be one of my open costumes as well... and the idea is just precious. :laugh:

Also, congrats with the CSPs; I'm glad my video was of some use. :)

And SWEET stuff, `DNS`... I certainly like the darker scheme of it.

Zyx

Smash Journeyman
With your permission, Zyx, I was planning on doing this earlier for self use, but do you mind if I rehex your Princess Marth onto PlMsRe.dat instead, and release it here? I find that to be one of my open costumes as well... and the idea is just precious. :laugh:
No problem Steelia, of course, you have my permission. Also, you can make some updates and you should correct the "39Hair3" which is a "_5.tga" file, I didn't know how to make transparency...
Hum... Can you rehex Princess Marth onto PlMsWh.dat too for me please ?! :)

zBOREDOMKINGz

Smash Apprentice
Actually yeah that does make more sense putting it on his white.
I use white Marth cuz he looks like a Princess. =D

My friend should feel lucky that it's gonna be put on the White one.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Oo, I totally forgot about White Marth... That's another one I don't use, either. And the texture would fit nicely on it as well.

All right, White Marth it shall be. (:

Also, @Milun: I wish I could have had something like that ages ago. Thanks. :D

EDIT: All right, can someone test it for me and see if I got everything down?
Princess Marth [White]

defsithe

Smash Ace
would one be able to run the GC iso from USB like with Uloader,GX ,neo gamma(i dont even no if i can run USB from Neo)? and someone should take a poll of all the best textures and make a super amazing textured Melee.

and maybe yall can help me figure out y i cant play GC games from the system menu when i load to system menu with a GC game in the wii is get error and i have to restart, but GC games play with neo gamma, and wii games play just fine with system menu. i installed/reinstall orginal MIOS and the CMIOS. but still the problem persists.

Doromac

Smash Journeyman
I need to know how I can get this PAL Melee I "backed-up" to work with GC Backup Launcher.

Can I get some help? Is it even possible?

Afro_Chris

Smash Ace
Hey can someone please make a video tutorial for the texture hacking process? For example turning white Marth into princess Marth. I would greatly appreciate the video :D

Tichinde925

Smash Legend
Hey can someone please make a video tutorial for the texture hacking process? For example turning white Marth into princess Marth. I would greatly appreciate the video :D
I dont think it gets any clearer than reading the first post.

P.S.

For $100+, you can get GC ISOs to run from USB on the Wii with WODE Jukebox.

Zyx

Smash Journeyman
I have my PAL version (I'm French ^^) but I don't know how to rip it on my computer.

Gardevior

Smash Lord
@Anyone wanting melee iso: Put your Melee disc in your wii, then use Waninkoko's DVD Dumper homebrew app to dump the iso to a usb or sd card (takes up less than 1.5 GB). This process takes an hourish.

Zyx

Smash Journeyman
Hum... Steelia, I've a question. I dumped the "GO!" file (.tga) but I don't know which of all the .dat files corresponds. How do you know that ?
(I don't know if I'm understandable...)

Steelia

Smash Champion
Hum... Steelia, I've a question. I dumped the "GO!" file (.tga) but I don't know which of all the .dat files corresponds. How do you know that ?
(I don't know if I'm understandable...)
If you mean you don't know where it goes... don't feel bad. I've been looking for where to put that for months. :psycho:
I've been wanting to edit the "READY?" and "GO!" parts because, I don't know about you all, but I find those letters huge and distracting; since Melee has no intros, you have an extremely limited bit of time to find out where you're placed at [in 4P matches] on the stage, especially if you're in a controller port you're not used to being in.

I figure the "GO!" would be somewhere obvious... a file that clearly states something about the matches. That's how I've found out most of the files, just out of pure theory.

Zyx

Smash Journeyman
^^
OK thank you ! I really want to edit the "Go!", so do I have to compare all the .dat files with a .tpl file in my Hex Editor ??

Doromac

Smash Journeyman
I don't think y'all understand. I have Melee, but I eant to play PAL Melee on my NTSC U Wii, but whrn I start it with the Back Up launcher I get a black screen. I wan to know how I can get it to work.

Steelia

Smash Champion
^^
OK thank you ! I really want to edit the "Go!", so do I have to compare all the .dat files with a .tpl file in my Hex Editor ??
Sadly, it's not that simple... "GO!" is part of the _8 and _9 family. Whenever you convert it into a .TPL file, the hex data will NOT be the same. _14 and other files, will be relatively close... but _8 and _9? Totally different. It's a matter of finding the same patterns... keeping a sharp eye out for files within the files that look about the same size as your hex.

In other words, it will take a lot of digging around, considering whenever you convert your file it will have entirely different hex numbers. :(

I don't think y'all understand. I have Melee, but I eant to play PAL Melee on my NTSC U Wii, but whrn I start it with the Back Up launcher I get a black screen. I wan to know how I can get it to work.
What disc did you use for burning, if that's the case?

Zyx

Smash Journeyman
OK... It seems to be a very difficult quest... Finding the lost "GO!"... XD
Thank you for your answers ! ^^

Doromac

Smash Journeyman
It's not the disc. I haven't made one coaster. I'm using verbatim disc and I have burned the disc multiple times on 1x 2x and 4x. I'm pretty sure it's something else effecting my ability to get the disc to play.

Gardevior

Smash Lord
Try using startpatch (find it via wiibrew.org) to force the region for gamecube games.

Milun

Smash Ace
OK... It seems to be a very difficult quest... Finding the lost "GO!"... XD
Thank you for your answers ! ^^
There's also the technique I used for finding the title screen; where I would replace 5 hex rows with nothing but zeroes, and seeing which texture got effected. Also, there's a fair chance the texture you want is located in GmTtAll.usd / .ukd.

Oh yeah, and remember that hack of the Mushroom Kingdom I showed, well:

Yes, I've figured out how to remove collisions. Now it's just a matter of time till I figured out how to make the stage work. One more thing though. While the characters pass through flawlessly, an attack in the area still makes the "destroyed block" visual effect.

Milun

Smash Ace
There's actually some incredibly strange discoveries I've made. Changing a particular hex value can make the blocks spike you, or even turn into an incredibly glitchy, invisible slope. Sadly, I've only figured out how to hack the blocks and the Lifts, and can't remove a portion of the floor without harming all of it.

`DNS`

Smash Lord
There's actually some incredibly strange discoveries I've made. Changing a particular hex value can make the blocks spike you, or even turn into an incredibly glitchy, invisible slope. Sadly, I've only figured out how to hack the blocks and the Lifts, and can't remove a portion of the floor without harming all of it.
That's weird.. Where do the characters spawn, by the way?

Milun

Smash Ace
A... heh... well, it's, uh... instant death for anyone that isn't Jigglypuff when the floor is removed. If you mash as fast as you can, you can reach the lifts before you die. I still can't remove one floor without removing them all though. I haven't even figured out how to move the bricks.

`DNS`

Smash Lord
A... heh... well, it's, uh... instant death for anyone that isn't Jigglypuff when the floor is removed. If you mash as fast as you can, you can reach the lifts before you die. I still can't remove one floor without removing them all though. I haven't even figured out how to move the bricks.
i laughed at this whole post

especially that part

edit; I was going to do something to brinstar depths but it seems too complex for me to try (lazness :F).. So I'm just going to make a happy-looking KRAID!
What color should i make him?

Steelia

Smash Champion
edit; I was going to do something to brinstar depths but it seems too complex for me to try (lazness :F).. So I'm just going to make a happy-looking KRAID!
What color should i make him?
Pink. Maybe yellow.

What about Mewtwo? I figured Mewtwo would be able to survive a fall like that. Poor Fox and Falco, though; I figure they'd die of just about instantly. :p

Milun

Smash Ace
Yeah, I guess Mewtwo would survive. I use the doc to test as he has the worst recovery, so I don't know about the rest. I found a way to change the speed of the lifts though, and also make them so fast that they suck you down with them, and launch the other lift into space.

Top Bottom