• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee Gecko Codes + Guide and Discussion

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Novi the last one is already a code. You know this (looks at avatar <_<)

The second one is something you'd have to do by textures really. Like a green border on legal stages, yellow/orange on counterpicks, red on banned, or w/e

0 CPUs in Training Mode seems legit though. =D

Bones0

Smash Legend
I'm sure you could remove unlockable stages, so maybe you could apply that same state of "unlockiness" to any stage you want. Or maybe find out where their locations are set and just change them so they are off screen, or at least keep the neutrals+PS separate from the rest by lining them up at the bottom.

Perfect Powershielding:
Every time you shield something it is powershielded.

^That could be combined with an infinite shielding code for PS practice, but it'd also just be funny as **** to play with 100% confidence in your powershields. PS -> fsmash and other random stuff would be hilarious.

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
I wasnt sure if he had the code. Im already thinking way ahead, I wish that all these codes will be incorporated into SD remix as it already has a lot of cool extra stuff.

While you are at it, make a unlock all chars code, if possible. I hate memory cards.

Melee 1.1 here we go!

VietGeek

Smash Hero
There is already an unlock all character/stages code but I'm not sure if people had any luck injecting it into a main.dol yet.

EDITL I think the code doesn't even target code in main.dol

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
EDIT: I think the code doesn't even target code in main.dol
It doesn't, but it can still be integrated. I am willing to do this if someone tests a working 1.0 code. All the codes I've tried crash Dolphin.

Do you suppose you could share this code with me? I might be able to use it to learn more about the menus.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=13598996#post13598996

Not an AR code, but it has the offsets listed. I'm not sure if you know anything about the AR/ISO code conversion process but it should be easy enough to take the ISO changes and make it into an AR code with a simple search. I can help you/do it for you if you want.

I need to start talking with you again sometime, sorry I was a ******* and cut the conversation short @@; I kept running into problems with compiling debug Dolphin and none of my programmer friends felt like helping me out, lol.

As for codes - Combo meter would be interesting. There's already one in the game, used in training mode. The numbers could be directed to the score display

for everyone's information - http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=326347

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
I'd like a code that makes you flash or change color or something while in shield stun. That way you could get a better idea of when you can shieldgrab, up+b out of shield, WD out of shield, etc.

iffy525

Smash Apprentice
It would be cool if an option for the CPU in training mode just used shield; it doesn't even have to be infinite shield health, because a shrinking shield would simulate shield pressure.

NNID
dansalvato
I'd like a code that makes you flash or change color or something while in shield stun. That way you could get a better idea of when you can shieldgrab, up+b out of shield, WD out of shield, etc.
Sure, how about if your shield turns white or something while in shield stun? I'll add it to the list, but it may be a difficult one.

Bones0

Smash Legend
It would be cool if an option for the CPU in training mode just used shield; it doesn't even have to be infinite shield health, because a shrinking shield would simulate shield pressure.
Just use a second controller and hold L/R when you plug it in.

Superspright

Smash Lord
I'm sure you could remove unlockable stages, so maybe you could apply that same state of "unlockiness" to any stage you want. Or maybe find out where their locations are set and just change them so they are off screen, or at least keep the neutrals+PS separate from the rest by lining them up at the bottom.

Perfect Powershielding:
Every time you shield something it is powershielded.

^That could be combined with an infinite shielding code for PS practice, but it'd also just be funny as **** to play with 100% confidence in your powershields. PS -> fsmash and other random stuff would be hilarious.
If you aren't 100% confident in your powershields then why bother even going for it? :)

Smasher89

Smash Lord
If you have no ideas what to do, I´ve an idea that could be applied and tested for teams that would make it even deeper.

A code that gives both teams a one use 50% healing on one of the players in the team (preferably the one who presses like l/r+x/y at the same time). I think it could create a interesting dynamic since both teams will have access to one^^

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
If you have no ideas what to do, I´ve an idea that could be applied and tested for teams that would make it even deeper.

A code that gives both teams a one use 50% healing on one of the players in the team (preferably the one who presses like l/r+x/y at the same time). I think it could create a interesting dynamic since both teams will have access to one^^
Might as well have it in singles too.

Bones0

Smash Legend
Ah!

EDIT: That doesn't work.
Um, to make it even more "difficult" (need to press deeper) to shield?
Oh, whoops. lol You would have to plug it in, and then figure out some way to keep the button depressed. My bad.

If you aren't 100% confident in your powershields then why bother even going for it? :)
You can't be 100% sure of most powershields because no one can react fast enough to guarantee the opponent will attack for certain.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
I finished porting the flash on successful L cancels to 1.0. I made it so you can put it in the .dol instead of having to use a code file for it. I need to test it later today and then I should be able to post it.

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
If possible, could you add all these codes straight to the DOL file? =)

How about a code that a character flashes whenever they are in stun?

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Yeah, I could make all of these codes into the .dol, but I don't really have the time to do that right now. I'm only porting the flash on L cancel because I felt that would be a code that a lot of people would use. I don't find much use in the other ones. You can use Gecko OS Mod to load codes and use those instead.

iffy525

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I could make all of these codes into the .dol, but I don't really have the time to do that right now. I'm only porting the flash on L cancel because I felt that would be a code that a lot of people would use.
What about the widescreen code?

The 2t

Smash Apprentice
Been following this thread for a while and I'm really looking forward to seeing the flash on L-cancel working. I tried putting the .dol file you linked earlier (before editing) into my NTSC 1.00 version of ssbm (in place of Start.dol, assuming that's the right thing to do!) but it didn't seem to work, unless the flash is incredibly subtle D:

Can't wait, this'll quite possibly be one of the best contributions to the game so far.

The 2t

Smash Apprentice
I can't seem to find a file called main.dol. If I open the .iso with GC Rebuilder and go into &&SystemData, I see:

ISO.hdr
AppLoader.hdr
Start.dol
Game.toc

When I put in the default 4 stock 8 minutes code, I put the file in place of Start.dol and it works great.

But yeah, everything outside of that folder that's not audio seems to be either a .dat or .usd.

unknown522

Some guy
Once all those incompletes are finished I will download all those.

Can you guys possibly make a .DOL finle when it's done? Like the one in that thread that has c-stick in single player, no stadium transformations, no fly guys, no wind, etc

:phone:

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
Once all those incompletes are finished I will download all those.

Can you guys possibly make a .DOL finle when it's done? Like the one in that thread that has c-stick in single player, no stadium transformations, no fly guys, no wind, etc

:phone:
It already exists

It's called the SD Remix

poega

Smash Apprentice
Make a character white when they are able to attack or anything like that (ie, are not in stun/lag). Or the other way around (white when stunned). Would be awesome imo.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Unknown, almost every code that InternetExplorer has in the OP cannot be put into the .dol right now. I would have to take the time to port them to the .dol. I'm already having trouble porting the flash on L cancel to the .dol. :/

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Flash on successful L-Cancel Melee 1.0

@1600 (1.00 DOL - Injected Function)
C00600E8 39E000D4
99E30564 48088DF0
387F0488 89FE0564
2C0F00D4 41820008
480BB774 39E00091
99FE0564 3DE0C200
91FE0518 91FE051C
91FE0520 91FE0524
3DE0C280 91FE0534
480BB750

@89FD8 (1.00 DOL Injection Point 1 of 2)
4BF77208

This redirects it to the start of the injected code.

@BC970 (1.00 DOL Injection Point 2 of 2)
4BF44880

This redirects it to a slightly later point in the injected code.

NNID
dansalvato
Updated OP with death roll for 1.02. The implementation is different from standardtoaster's so he is porting my version now.

Top Bottom