• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee Gecko Codes + Guide and Discussion

Bones0

Smash Legend
Tbh, the only thing I really care about is infinite shield + auto-powershielding. Even if I have to use a second controller and hold down the trigger, it'd be priceless for PSing practice.

foshio

Smash Journeyman
So I have been trying to play with several codes on Dolphin. It keeps freezing, I do not know which version of melee i am playing on though and cannot seem to find an iso that has a confirmed 1.2 set. Is this the problem or is it something else?

NNID
dansalvato
Tbh, the only thing I really care about is infinite shield + auto-powershielding. Even if I have to use a second controller and hold down the trigger, it'd be priceless for PSing practice.
Infinite shield exists already.

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
Is there anyway you can make a CP use the same attack everytime for a given situation. IE: they always get up attack when being knocked down. If so this could be used to practice Shine's OoS, and other ways out of shield.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
These are for 1.0 Action Replay.

Infinite Shields P1 (JAY007)
K1AP-WYK9-BAUKQ
2XX3-W7E1-CKMH9

Infinite Shields P2 (JAY007)
X9AN-4BYA-KQNYK
WZCJ-WFTF-E3K22

Infinite Shields P3 (JAY007)
TEKB-V2Y7-RK7JA
3WQD-JZQ1-UXB11

Infinite Shields P4 (JAY007)
KTEJ-8UWV-779JJ
YHZ7-U7W9-E82U4

I don't know if this gets rid of losing shield from being hit or not though.

NNID
dansalvato
Request for a code that always does the same star K.O. animation (apparently different ones are different timings enough to cause desyncs in online play).
I'd rather just fix online play. Haha. If you're getting a desync from random events then it's also possible to desync by other means. A good sync means random will also stay synced. If you have questions then you can ask in the netplay thread.

rokimomi

Smash Lord
Just seemed like that was one of the more unavoidable ones but one that could be AR'able in the time being (of netplay being figured out). Like we can go falcon dittos on battlefield till our hearts content but this star KO random would still be thrown in the mix, right?

Just a thought.

Gliffie

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0130-1906-3068
All electrical attacks (knee, Ganon dair, Ness bair, Pika's anything) create lag spikes when you play Melee on Dolphin. Is there a code to disable this visual effect entirely? I assume it wouldn't be too hard to figure out (find where electrical effect is located and replace it with null, right?)

NNID
dansalvato
All electrical attacks (knee, Ganon dair, Ness bair, Pika's anything) create lag spikes when you play Melee on Dolphin. Is there a code to disable this visual effect entirely? I assume it wouldn't be too hard to figure out (find where electrical effect is located and replace it with null, right?)
They probably create lag spikes because the effect is being added to the texture cache. After using the attack once, the lag spike should no longer occur. If you keep your build of Dolphin for a while then the texture cache will remain, and the problem should go away over time.

Can you do one where any character in hitstun changes color? (like the one for shield stun)
I don't really see the point because you can tell hitstun by animation. When they enter tumble, stand, or fall, then you know the hitstun is over.

dkuo

Smash Lord
yea but it's just easier to see lol <_< i think it'd be useful to see how big the holes are in combos and such, especially when these gaps for doing things are like really tight and its kind of hard to tell the transition to tumbling if you're hitting them near the very end of stun

Anand

Smash Journeyman
A related feature would be a "consecutive hits" counter for each player in VS Mode.

Also, modify it so instead of counting when the opponent is in hitstun, it counts when they are not actionable (that is, include teching, mistechs, being grabbed, etc).

hectohertz

Smash Ace
honestly i just want to be able to turn on hitboxes in normal play. anything past that is gravy.

but smart tech-chasing ai's would be sexxyyyy

NNID
dansalvato
Sorry guys, I've been taking a bit of a break from Melee hacking to work on Project M. I'll get back to these at some point.

Fizzi

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
FIZZI#36
Is there any way to make the CPU playback an action you recorded in Training Mode? Kind of like SF4's record feature.

I kind of doubt it but a lot of stuff in this thread becomes obsoleted or possible through that generic change (as long as they have a 2nd controller). It's an amazing learning tool for timings & such - learning to PS actual SHLs become way more practicable. You'd also be able to simulate basic pressure strings and practice getting out of the various basic windows. Learning CG escape timings also becomes more doable. And so forth. Generally neat tool.

Again, I doubt this is doable (especially since CPU behaviour seems to be the thing we know the least about) but I thought I'd ask. Maybe there's a way to bypass it by modifying the behaviour codes for various training mode settings? Like, Jump, Evade, Attack, etc. Just thoughts... I'm sure you've had them too.

Another question... is there any way to make the CPU DI actual attacks more consistently? There are some behaviours I know about but they're mostly related to throw & offstage stuff (and settings like "Evade"). And even then they don't seem completely consistent across characters - feels like a lot of moves or situations have specific responses built in for those specific moves or situations.

I'm mostly asking the DI thing for combo practice, but I'm not too invested in this idea... if you have a short answer for this then that's perfect. The record > playback input is what I'm really curious about.
I figured I would bring up that this would be possible via hardware.

In short I can imagine a device that you connect a controller to and then connect the device to a GC port. This would be record mode. It could potentially have an LCD screen and a few buttons (Select, up, down, record, stop). You could select the new recording option from a list and it would create an entry for recording one. Then you could hit record to start recording and stop to stop.

Once you have recordings you want to use you could plug the device into another slot and unplug your controller to enable playback mode. Then simply select an item from the list and play it back.

This would basically capture the raw input from the controller which is actually faster than 60 per second. On a gamecube, I would except it to playback exactly the same every time.

The good thing about this device is that it would give me something to do with the male end of my extension cords which I currently have nothing to do with :p. The biggest downside is that it's a device and it's difficult to make and difficult to distribute and the parts are not free :\

NNID
dansalvato
There are controllers which allow you to record/playback macros, possibly on repeat, but at some point I'll probably write a code which will allow the recording/playback of actions.

gravy

Smash Ace
Is it possible to give me some kind of color conformation if I wavedash oos on the first frame possible? I am super excited to use the white during shield stun thing, but if I had a way to know for sure that I was being as fast out of shield as possible, that would be even more awesome. Also, is there anything that would tell me if I did the lowest possible aerial?

NNID
dansalvato
Is it possible to give me some kind of color conformation if I wavedash oos on the first frame possible? I am super excited to use the white during shield stun thing, but if I had a way to know for sure that I was being as fast out of shield as possible, that would be even more awesome. Also, is there anything that would tell me if I did the lowest possible aerial?
These are possible but would take an unreasonable amount of work.

Todd Bonney

Smash Lord
First off, thank you IE for your work. I must have spent a couple hours yesterday just playing with AR codes. It's all very exciting stuff.

My suggestion doesn't really fit the theme of helping training or ease of navigation, but it could be a fun change and should be possible to implement. How about the ability to cancel tilts into smashes? Or furthermore any combination of jabs->tilts->smashes->specials.

Excuse me if it's been suggested before.

Gliffie

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0130-1906-3068
Is there a way to make failing ledgedashing not take such a long time to die and come back? Methinks removing special fall after air dodge would do the job. That way you could grab the ledge again without the 5 annoying seconds it takes to come back after a failed ledgedash.

Todd Bonney

Smash Lord
How about a code to disable the mirror effect on FoD so we can finally get 4 players on that stage? I have tried codes for black floors and no level textures, but both have no effect.

Massive

Smash Champion
The reflections on FoD are caused by the gamecube's EFB (Embedded Framebuffer).

Just removing the the EFB from execution may actually require a change to the map, if you're playing on the console. Stopping the EFB in general messes up the ground on FD as well (and possibly other stages), since the texture of the middle area is actually an EFB bumpmap.

phish-it

Smash Champion
Fountain of Dreams doesn't lag on project M, but still do you really want to play teams on such a small level?

Bones0

Smash Legend
Is there a way to make failing ledgedashing not take such a long time to die and come back? Methinks removing special fall after air dodge would do the job. That way you could grab the ledge again without the 5 annoying seconds it takes to come back after a failed ledgedash.
Practice on Hyrule, or maybe Fourside (if you can grab the center ledges; I can't remember).

Fountain of Dreams doesn't lag on project M, but still do you really want to play teams on such a small level?
Yes. Also, Yoshi's...

NNID
dansalvato
First off, thank you IE for your work. I must have spent a couple hours yesterday just playing with AR codes. It's all very exciting stuff.

My suggestion doesn't really fit the theme of helping training or ease of navigation, but it could be a fun change and should be possible to implement. How about the ability to cancel tilts into smashes? Or furthermore any combination of jabs->tilts->smashes->specials.

Excuse me if it's been suggested before.
I actually considered doing this for fun. Every action state has its own IASA function, and these can be modified to allow for these sorts of things. Not sure if I'll be doing this anytime soon, though, since I'm working on more important things at the moment.

phish-it

Smash Champion
Think it would be possible to create a way to select the Wireframes as playable characters? Not talking about the debug menu, just regular vs menu. They'd need to have their winning screen animations changed to prevent the game from crashing but that should be possible too.

NNID
dansalvato
Think it would be possible to create a way to select the Wireframes as playable characters? Not talking about the debug menu, just regular vs menu. They'd need to have their winning screen animations changed to prevent the game from crashing but that should be possible too.
I don't know how to do this off the top of my head, and the effort probably isn't worth it if you can just use debug anyway.

Todd Bonney

Smash Lord
It's a moot point... the wireframes are terrible. You'll never legitimately see the win screen with them. Maybe if you had a team of three.

You can use these codes to play as them without the debug menu. As for selecting them as you described, you may have to give up another slot on the Character select screen. That's what this code does:

Code:
Swap Jigglypuff with Giga Bowser (bopie64)
WETK-XBZM-VC4K3 
NGDE-0ATA-MDPK0
It freezes when the game loads for me. But that's something.

phish-it

Smash Champion
My bad, I thought you were doing DOL modifications and such too but it my have just been StandardToaster.

Obviously the wireframes are terrible now, my goal was to give them some ridiculous buffs so they'd actually be worthwhile to play as.... if you could actually play as them.

Within the debug menu, damage doesn't stale and the c-stick moves the camera; it's not practical for actually fighting, just testing things.

Top Bottom