• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - EVO 2013 (Breast Cancer Research Drive) Melee @ Evo2k13 Donation Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exeggutorr

Smash Cadet
What's there to spy on? It's not like I can stop you or anything, but knowing your opponent is half the battle right?

And I will probably still post here, hoping that you guys will at least keep your word that you'll try to support SkullGirls and not backstab us in the end.

And I know nobody cares, I was just asking because your community seems busy, I don't want to bother you guys.
It's really hard to say if the Melee community will support Skullgirls. The Skullgirls community is basically the FGC because Skullgirls is just another 2d fighter, I know some may disagree but it's the same. So really our support isn't going to mean anything compared to the FGC supporting it.

Grinin

Smash Journeyman
Like Skisonic said on MIOM last night, Melee is a fighting game too. We have no reason not to consider ourselves a part of the FGC other than this dumb inferiority complex that some people have been perpetuating. That being said, I think supporting/collaborating with the SG community, which, like us, is very much a grassroots community, in the future would be super cool. Boback didn't rule out the possibility of having it as a side event at Genesis 3 given that there is enough time to run it.

KoopaTroopa895

Smash Apprentice
Depends....

Are you spying on us?

Once this is over, Win or lose, would you ever post here ever again?

:phone:
Dude im pretty sure people our lurking our threads just as much we are theres(I know there is quite a few including me) so I wouldn't worry about something crazy like spying

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
Like Skisonic said on MIOM last night, Melee is a fighting game too. We have no reason not to consider ourselves a part of the FGC other than this dumb inferiority complex that some people have been perpetuating. That being said, I think supporting/collaborating with the SG community, which, like us, is very much a grassroots community, in the future would be super cool. Boback didn't rule out the possibility of having it as a side event at Genesis 3 given that there is enough time to run it.
This.
This, this, this.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Please this.

This so much.

We should really support a grassroots community that's practically rejected because of things out of the communities control.

A lot of people in the FGC speak of how legit SG/Melee is, but in the end, there is always something turning them away from the game.

BrandX

Smash Ace
This is what I love seeing. Two rejected communities coming together. I don't really care what happens, I just want Skullgirls to live for years to come lol

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
tbh going into this I thought Guilty Gear, Third Strike, and MLP were our biggest competition.

Boy was I wrong. Skullgirls came out of left field...you guys should be very proud of yourselves.

BrandX

Smash Ace
tbh going into this I thought Guilty Gear, Third Strike, and MLP were our biggest competition.

Boy was I wrong. Skullgirls came out of left field...you guys should be very proud of yourselves.
Yeah I am proud we stood as a challenge. But in the end, I wonder what game will get shunned ans what game will get glory lol. Only time will tell.

Number 13

Smash Rookie
Greetings, I come from the SG forums. Just wanted to sign up and congratulate your passionate community for raising that much money in a short amount of time. Thats truly impressive. This is a good cause raising donations for Breast Cancer Research.

Wish you people luck for the rest of this interesting competition :)

BrandX

Smash Ace
Greetings, I come from the SG forums. Just wanted to sign up and congratulate your passionate community for raising that much money in a short amount of time. Thats truly impressive. This is a good cause raising donations for Breast Cancer Research.

Wish you people luck for the rest of this interesting competition :)
Holy crap, number 13!?! I didnt expect to see you here!

_wzrd

Smash Journeyman
^^yeaaah that guy is like number 1 sketchy "were gonna snipe u" guy on the srk forums lmfao.

welcome doe, ps guys Im gonna buy your game. I really enjoyed the demo & heard the online is smooth.

Stargazer

Smash Rookie
holy shmowzow you have a ratio of 65 posts per day
I remember when I was super active on boards and had 120-300 posts daily. That was like 10-12 years ago too back when I was really into Pokemon. ( The board was a Pokemon board named PokeAbode )

I'm not impressed =P

I bought Skullgirls a grand total of four times, and if it gets put out on Steam, it'll probably be around six or seven.

But without Melee, I wouldn't have gotten into fighting games at all, and I certainly wouldn't have developed the right mindset for competition in them. So if we've gotta choose one, I gotta go with my first love.

<3 Melee

Stargazer

Smash Rookie
i too remember when i was 13

lel
eh, I'm 29. 12 years would have made me 17. Was a huge forum addict back then and met a lot of interesting people too.

Grew in interest in drawing as well, which I'm happy to call a hobby now at least.

BrandX

Smash Ace
I bought Skullgirls a grand total of four times, and if it gets put out on Steam, it'll probably be around six or seven.

But without Melee, I wouldn't have gotten into fighting games at all, and I certainly wouldn't have developed the right mindset for competition in them. So if we've gotta choose one, I gotta go with my first love.

<3 Melee
I love you

Exeggutorr

Smash Cadet
I think there is a donation tournament in San Diego at the end of the month. So that will probably be the last nail in the coffin for the donation drive.

VASH

Smash Cadet
Number 13 over on the SG boards seems to believe that a last minute "Snipe" donation will throw us into chaos and turmoil. I disagree, most of the people who donated are going to be monitoring the numbers until the end. However i feel we should organize a final donation drive to be held in the final hours. Lets finish this four stock with a spike.

Spyro

Smash Ace

<3 Melee
^ This. I would like to get learn other fighting games too, though Melee would still be my main game. I mostly understand tradition 2d fighters but I'm clueless when it comes to 3d fighters lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom