• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - EVO 2013 (Breast Cancer Research Drive) Melee @ Evo2k13 Donation Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
more characters than skullgirls
First off, oh HAH.

I almost want to see SG win only to watch you and Jiv rage :)
This

To FreedomFighters and Jiv as both of your post counts are low:

1. Welcome to the community and enjoy your stay

2. Acting like an a** towards another community is a way for us to lose so stop it already. If you have nothing nice to say about SG, don't say anything. There is no point. Either discuss melee or donate.

3. Smash was never insulted by Skullgirls in the slightest outside of that one joke twitter post in which case 50,000 people responded and were buthurt. If you want to represent smash as that type of game when we clearly are not, go do so and ruin our community. They have supported us in fact in many ways through some of their other twitter posts.

4. Just because a community is small doesn't mean the game is less technical or a worse fighter. I mean, hey, compare VF5 or Tekken to MVC tournaments where the latter is much more popular regardless of balance. You can see this in smash with 64 having 1/100th the competitive scene of brawl but being twice as fast and twice as balanced.

I mean, to bring up another series, the most popular shooter series is COD. There, I'll end the post with that. :awesome:

FreedomFighter

Smash Cadet
Herderp if you cant say nothing nice about dont say anything at all herp derp.

No I don't believe that BS. No one should past the age of 10. The world tells you like it is and so do I. When your boss fires you is that what you gonna say? What a joke.

I firmly understand that Skullgirls is a bad game. Games that don't sell well can be good, but SG is not one of those games. It sells poorly because it is a bad game period. That's why there's no support or real community behind it. Why would I play SG when I can play Marvel or SF which are infinitely better in every way SG tried to be?

The few people that bought the game clearly did so because of sex appeal and fetishes. If you don't believe this you are delusional.

LMAO at telling me to not say anything if it's insulting and then dissing COD like that. What? It's okay to diss something if it's popular then? I can be an "***" as long as it's towards COD? See how ignorant and hypocritical you sound yet?

You think I'm bashing or not staying classy for stating the truth? How about that official I repeat official twitter post saying Smash isn't a real fighting game? That wasn't a random like me, it was the freaken devs of Skullgirls. Think about that for a moment.

FreedomFighter

Smash Cadet
Why would mods go after me? I've done nothing wrong.

If you think saying SG is a bad game is mod worthy how about saying Smash isn't a real fighting game? Official SG devs think so and they clearly were unafraid to speak their minds. Is that okay?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I'm curious why you're pushing your agenda here and apparently not posting anywhere else on Smashboards. Is talking about how much Skullgirls sucks really your only reason for being on this message board?

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
LMAO at telling me to not say anything if it's insulting and then dissing COD like that. What? It's okay to diss something if it's popular then? I can be an "***" as long as it's towards COD? See how ignorant and hypocritical you sound yet?
Two things.

1. Many people bought the game for one simple reason. It was due tot the designers. They were comp fighters making a comp fighting game. Look at the infinite break system or the design of the engine.

My single issue with the game was that it was simply too short. There isn't enough to do as there really is barely any extra content. There aren't enough characters to keep people interested.

On another note, if people were buying a game for "physics" they would play DOA, Mortal Kombat potentially, or just play Ivy in SC.

In terms of COD, I was partially kidding but otherwise, compare the general responses of people of COD to the original competitive shooters like Quake or similar. The massive outrage was due to balance issues and unchanging game mechanics and those issues people have far exceeds any small thing that nitwits like you are saying about a small indie game, aka Skullgirls.

smashmachine

Smash Lord
I'm curious why you're pushing your agenda here and apparently not posting anywhere else on Smashboards. Is talking about how much Skullgirls sucks really your only reason for being on this message board?
what if
he's actually a skullgirls plant *gasp*

FreedomFighter

Smash Cadet
I'm saying Skullgirls sucks because that's what's being discussed. And because it's 100% fact. I will gladly stop once people change the subject, I'm not pushing any agenda just telling the truth. The truth isn't always sunshine and rainbows. Plus I bet most people in this thread agree with me, they just don't want to admit it in fear of "looking bad".

Low post count just means I don't post much I've been here for several months.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
So you'll drop the subject if people don't talk about it? Good to hear.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
trihex is streaming, gimr is streamin a tourney, scar is streaming smash lab. omg I already went over my bandwidth limit leaving oddler's stream open. Tune in to everything guys, and trihex will do another stream tomorrow with a bigger raffle.

BrandX

Smash Ace
Why are you all still engaging FreedomFighter.
5 Stars, 10/10, 4 Stars

I know right? He was old news 5 minutes ago. We all have better things to do~

Unlike me who appears to love posting everywhere cause my fingers won't stop wanting to type XD I guess that's why I want to write~

Fine have your guy's dollar

I'm not actually giving a dollar :3

thespymachine

Smash Ace
Man. Getting down to the wire. Love it!

Some **** about melee is undeniably janky. The combo engine and di are godlike but there's a lot of weird ****
Pretty much. It's a magical game, but dang some stuff is wack, yo.
Still on the fence on what I think about crouch-cancelling. lol

BrandX

Smash Ace
BrandX is an attention ***** who keeps talking about himself even when it hurts skull girls. I also take the $1 per post pledge.

:phone:
Not sure how I'm attention *****ing, I'm just having so much fun. I'm not hurting anyone really and to be honest this is the most social I've ever been in any forum I've ever been on, but I do admit this place really isn't my business personally and I should probably know my limit. I should probably go back to the Project M forums and Light House Area (or even SRK for that matter lol), sorry for causing too much of a distraction.

Seems I'm always causing something ^_^; Guess trouble is always following me. This place personally isn't my business lol

Sorry about that XD

BrandX

Smash Ace
BrandX you really talk about yourself a lot.

Like, for no reason other than because you can.
I must be totally oblivious, I never really see it. If I am, then I'm totally sorry everyone.

Sometimes you get wrapped up in having too much fun and trying to be social with everyone, but realize that you aren't doing anything important for everyone.

Sorry.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Lol, you can stay. I only said that because I think it's true, and if it is you should probably stop trying to seek validation from others. The second reason is because it is a hilarious pledge.

thespymachine

Smash Ace
I must be totally oblivious, I never really see it. If I am, then I'm totally sorry everyone.

Sometimes you get wrapped up in having too much fun and trying to be social with everyone, but realize that you aren't doing anything important for everyone.

Sorry.
I think it's awesome that you have more than half the posts I do, and I've been registered to this site for nearly 7 years - compared to your 'not even a month.'

BrandX

Smash Ace
Lol, you can stay. I only said that because I think it's true, and if it is you should probably stop trying to seek validation from others. The second reason is because it is a hilarious pledge.

I'm sorry then XD But it was a funny pledge, it makes sense cause I post so damn much haha

I think it's awesome that you have more than half the posts I do, and I've been registered to this site for nearly 7 years - compared to your 'not even a month.'
Really? Because some people think I'm totally insane for having so many posts in such a short time ^^;

To be honest, I think my reason for posting so much is that when I got back into forums again, I was having a blast (Ace Attorney Online basically turned me into a posting juggernaut. Mostly due to RP's though. I assumed it was fine cause nobody there minded XD)

If you guys literally played a drinking game for every post I do, you would all literally be dead from alcohol poisoning lol

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
You think I'm bashing or not staying classy for stating the truth? How about that official I repeat official twitter post saying Smash isn't a real fighting game? That wasn't a random like me, it was the freaken devs of Skullgirls. Think about that for a moment.
IIRC, it wasnt an actual developer of the game that posted that comment, also stop being ********

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
This thread is bipolar as ****, just constantly jumping between people being sycophantic betas with low self esteem and guys who don't understand the time, place, or technique behind properly rustling another man's jimmies.

I say man because there are exactly zero women in the Melee scene that matter.

God bless America.

BrandX

Smash Ace
This thread is bipolar as ****, just constantly jumping between people being sycophantic betas with low self esteem and guys who don't understand the time, place, or technique behind properly rustling another man's jimmies.

I say man because there are exactly zero women in the Melee scene that matter.

God bless America.
True Story Bro. 10/10 :awesome:

:243: btw I found Pokemon Sprites. Wut

Smiles

Smash Journeyman
"LEAVE BRIT...FREEDOMFIGHTER ALONE!!!"

Lol had to lol

So it was just another fan? Either way whomever wrote it, meant it. And again major trash like this is being spewed from SG streams about melee. Worse trash. So far everybody's doin more whining instead of pulling out their ******* wallets guys. Go donate!!!

BrandX

Smash Ace

BrandX you should donate to Melee since you love us so much, come on man.

Be a bro.
Aww I would love to, but unfortunately SkullGirls came first for me :c

And personally I think Project M is a lot more fun :>

:awesome:

I will say that, both our communities are doing a great job. Over basically 50k by the looks of it <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom