• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - EVO 2013 (Breast Cancer Research Drive) Melee @ Evo2k13 Donation Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
There is no need to trash talk SG on here. And he's not even defending melee, he's just trolling SG.

BrandX

Smash Ace
Wow am I even on smashboards anymore? Why is everyone bashing him for defending melee. SG supporters are talking worse trash. Trolling twice as hard.

:phone:
It's fine that he is defending Melee, there is no crime against that. Talking complete crap about other communities is nothing but low and pitiful. Both of our communities have some pretty bad trolls, but in the end, only the people who respect each other should be noticed.

Like I said before, It's fine you are defending your game, it's not fine to tell other games to basically go **** themselves for not being as popular as yours and insulting people for liking the VA's of their favorite characters by calling them perverts and such.

Edit: Whoops, I better stop posting then <3
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Dammit! Holding back my desire to post XD

Poor Brandx. Man, if any of his haters had only thought of this, they would have been rid of him ages ago. I'll have to keep checking back to the last page to find out what he's saying through edits.

In the meantime, I think I ate that spaghetti that I was talking about earlier too quickly. :urg:

Luckily they were all too stupid to even think of such a plan, goes to show that some people don't have any brains to begin with. I'll be posting in other places, so it's okay XD

I hope people actually do come and read my edits ;____; This post might get huge, so keep checking back to this post XD

rofl at brandx's edit stack, this is almost as good as his intro to this forum
I hope that you are doing this out of pure fun, because I think you are so god damn funny (In a good way) and make life so much better. You truly make coming here a fun experience~

As for just posting in nothing but edits....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*looks at brandx's post*
OH GOD
WHAT HAVE I DONE
You started it <3
--------------------------------------
lol BrandX has donated several hundred to Melee thank you so much <3
Ha! Jokes on you, he said that $1 would start going in per post AFTER the post he made! So I didn't donate a thing <3

>=)

This is so much fun~ I love you all~
--------------------------------------------------

Jiv and Freedom, keep going. I love watching your pitiful attempts to sway your community. It's so delicious and adorable, it makes me blush that you guys mention me <3

smashmachine

Smash Lord
hey
$1 to melee for every post from here on out
yeah, i'll make you do it too brandx

i meant everyone who posts has to do it :p

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
I already tried donating like 5 dam times and it didn't let me :(
and Spam Time? for the good of melee

Yobolight

Smash Lord
I have a feeling that Skull Girls is going to get a troll victory by donating a lot at the last second while we are lulled into a false complacency.

smashmachine

Smash Lord
I have a feeling that Blazblue is going to get a troll victory by donating a lot at the last second while we are lulled into a false complacency.
fixed
in all seriousness though, no margin is safe (until 12:01 Pacific time on February 1st ofc)

MajorMoses

Smash Journeyman
hey
$1 to melee for every post from here on out
yeah, i'll make you do it too brandx

i meant everyone who posts has to do it :p
Poor Brandx. Man, if any of his haters had only thought of this, they would have been rid of him ages ago. I'll have to keep checking back to the last page to find out what he's saying through edits.

In the meantime, I think I ate that spaghetti that I was talking about earlier too quickly. :urg:

FreedomFighter

Smash Cadet
I do not hate the SG community. How am I supposed to hate something that doesn't exist?

I just understand the game is terrible, has no future, no competitive support and will be waste of an Evo Slot. If it makes it into Evo viewer count will drop by 90% when it comes on and if it doens't 90% of stream comments will be hating on it.

Almost any other fighting game on that list is more worthy, not just Melee but of course Melee should win. There's a reason it's been around and kicking for 12 years and Skullgirls was dead on release and is still dead now.

FACT

Jiv

Smash Apprentice
I honestly cannot stand sg and the people who play it. If we're childish for our video game what are they for playing an all female, scantily clad cast lmfao

And I'm pretty sure there has never been a female besides the VAs anywhere near the game haha. Imma call they sg community skullbros

smashmachine

Smash Lord
I honestly cannot stand sg and the people who play it. If we're childish for our video game what are they for playing an all female, scantily clad cast lmfao

And I'm pretty sure there has never been a female besides the VAs anywhere near the game haha. Imma call they sg community skullbros

hey, matches with smash bros

FreedomFighter

Smash Cadet
Smash is made up of video game icons. Without these icons, without Myamoto and Mario who knows if video games would have even been revived after the crash and in what form. And this is coming from a big time Sega and Sony fan. Each character represents a rich history, they define eras.

Skullgirls? Don't make me laugh. Literally every character is a fetish sex appeal, nothing more. It's a joke. It geting into Evo would be an abomination, I would rather have MLP get in.

smashmachine

Smash Lord
Smash is made up of video game icons. Without these icons, without Myamoto and Mario who knows if video games would have even been revived after the crash and in what form. And this is coming from a big time Sega and Sony fan. Each character represents a rich history, they define eras.

Skullgirls? Don't make me laugh. Literally every character is a fetish sex appeal, nothing more. It's a joke. It geting into Evo would be an abomination, I would rather have MLP get in.
but it IS in already
if it were still part of the donation drive, MLP would be leaving melee AND skullgirls in the dust

FreedomFighter

Smash Cadet
I mean I would rather have it on the main stage than SGs. I bet it would get more entrants since 2 is not a hard number to beat.

Jiv

Smash Apprentice
Why? Have you actually met them or are you just basing that on internet posts?
like I'd make an attempt to go to one of their events just to meet them lmfao I don't know why everyone is acting like that (RAISIN) Brandx guy and being buddy buddy, theyre a game that ppl only care about bc they hate us.

Btw that FreedomFighter guy has the right idea

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I mean I would rather have it on the main stage than SGs. I bet it would get more entrants since 2 is not a hard number to beat.
Yeah, I mean, when it comes to a major event like this, I certainly would hope any game beats the numbers they get from a local - unless you think a couple dozen Melee players is a great number for EVO. >_>

CloneHat

Smash Champion

Who cares? These details don't mean anything. Production wise, Melee is a party game rushed to meet a launch deadline and playtested by one guy. With that true, why would it be nearly as good as SG?

but it IS in already
if it were still part of the donation drive, MLP would be leaving melee AND skullgirls in the dust
I'm pretty sure it raised like $5000 from 4chan and then died out. I didn't think it was still relavent.

FreedomFighter

Smash Cadet
Why would I rage if Skullgirls wins? It would be worth checking out just to see the stream chat tear it up. Assuming anyone watches of course. Even if SGs wins this year, there's no way on earth it will be back next year.

Smash doesn't need Evo to survive. Skullgirls is so bad even Evo can't save it. People just don't take fetish overly sexualized games seriously, look at Dead or Alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom