• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - EVO 2013 (Breast Cancer Research Drive) Melee @ Evo2k13 Donation Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hokkaido

Smash Journeyman
Multiverse theory, guys- in this reality, regardless of which game wins, there's another reality where the other game wins. So they're going to rage no matter what.

And in another reality (hopefully this one), Dive Kick will get a single donation. Worth one billion damage. I mean dollars.

El Duderino

Smash Ace
Alright it's time to drop the SkullGirls bashing act. Obviously no one taking part cares about the game in the first place.

Remember this is about breast cancer and Smash taking that 8th spot. What we are competing with is irrelevant. If you wish to continue I'd recommend the off topic section.

Jiv

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I honestly wouldn't care that much if sg won lol I mean it's a definite possibility, I'd be stupid to let something like that get me down at all. But I'm just saying you guys don't have to be all nice and friendly with these people and get sad when they make a HURTFUL remark about our game not being a real fighting game haha

:phone:

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Why would I rage if Skullgirls wins? It would be worth checking out just to see the stream chat tear it up. Assuming anyone watches of course. Even if SGs wins this year, there's no way on earth it will be back next year.

Smash doesn't need Evo to survive. Skullgirls is so bad even Evo can't save it. People just don't take fetish overly sexualized games seriously, look at Dead or Alive.
Skullgirls actually sports fairly solid gameplay, but if you're insistent on judging games by appearances, Brawl has more polished graphics than Melee. Maybe you should go back to that game.

MajorMoses

Smash Journeyman
Why would I rage if Skullgirls wins? It would be worth checking out just to see the stream chat tear it up. Assuming anyone watches of course. Even if SGs wins this year, there's no way on earth it will be back next year.

Smash doesn't need Evo to survive. Skullgirls is so bad even Evo can't save it. People just don't take fetish overly sexualized games seriously, look at Dead or Alive.
If you don't think we need EVO, would you kindly get the **** out of this thread? You're seriously wasting your time here trying to tell people to be *******es like you towards a game that SUPPOSEDLY has nobody to be *******es to. Yes, we admit you're right. The President is Muslim, we never landed on the Moon, Paul is dead, and Skullgirls has no scene. In fact, Skullgirls' last two fans just died so there's no more fans for you to be an ****** to. So go away.

smashmachine

Smash Lord
Anyone assuming the FGC at large isn't on our side...don't count everyone out. Something is being worked on.

More details coming soon.
this better be serious and not number13-like stuff

@clonehat: MLP was leading big time, the announcement came that it would be a side game no matter what (or something), then it stopped
pretty obvious what happened

Jiv

Smash Apprentice
Skullgirls actually sports fairly solid gameplay, but if you're insistent on judging games by appearances, Brawl has more polished graphics than Melee. Maybe you should go back to that game.
I'm sick and tired of hearing all this about "fairly solid gameplay." that is not enough to get a game a following, MLP and SG both are only there bc they both have gimmicks - boobs and ponies.

smashmachine

Smash Lord
Better to be safe than sorry with that one...
well, i did say we better get 100k+ in a different thread....i'm aware

If you don't think we need EVO, would you kindly get the **** out of this thread? You're seriously wasting your time here trying to tell people to be *******es like you towards a game that SUPPOSEDLY has nobody to be *******es to. Yes, we admit you're right. The President is Muslim, we never landed on the Moon, Paul is dead, and Skullgirls has no scene. In fact, Skullgirls' last two fans just died so there's no more fans for you to be an ****** to. So go away.
1. calm down dude
2. Obama is obviously a fascist commie Muslim atheist :troll:

Jiv

Smash Apprentice
Cool it doggy lol

FreedomFighter

Smash Cadet
Last time I checked out SGs it was one the most boring fighters I had ever seen and the ENTIRE chat was ripping it a new one, I was actually among the few that was giving it a chance andt it was an utterly broken mess of a game. Solid fighting game mechanics? More like Marvel wannabe that just is nowhere near as good or hype.

They can't even get patches right (lol at the 360 version). They promised a ton and gave an incomplete game. I know SGs is a bad game because I've done my research. The rest of you seem to be blindly defending it because you don't want to look bad.

To me false kindness when you secretly probably agree with me is the most disgusting thing. Hypocrite city. I only deal in facts and tell it like it is.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Multiverse theory, guys- in this reality, regardless of which game wins, there's another reality where the other game wins. So they're going to rage no matter what.

And in another reality (hopefully this one), Dive Kick will get a single donation. Worth one billion damage. I mean dollars.
What if that Dive Kick reality is this one? I still think that $500,000 Dive Kick snipe might happen on this current reality.

FreedomFighter

Smash Cadet
I heard 3 commentators talking about playing Divekick once.

It's already a more worthy game and with a bigger community than SGs.

Hokkaido

Smash Journeyman
I'm sick and tired of hearing all this about "fairly solid gameplay." that is not enough to get a game a following, MLP and SG both are only there bc they both have gimmicks - boobs and ponies.

You know how we hate when the FGC generalizes smash as a party game and that it's not worthy of EVO? Well... yeah, you're pretty much acting just like them. Hope you notice that.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
What if that Dive Kick reality is this one? I still think that $500,000 Dive Kick snipe might happen on this current reality.
Seeing as how they reacted to MLP almost taking it all
I think they would probably do the same thing they did to the bronies to Dive Kick.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Last time I checked out SGs it was one the most boring fighters I had ever seen and the ENTIRE chat was ripping it a new one, I was actually among the few that was giving it a chance andt it was an utterly broken mess of a game. Solid fighting game mechanics? More like Marvel wannabe that just is nowhere near as good or hype.

They can't even get patches right (lol at the 360 version). They promised a ton and gave an incomplete game. I know SGs is a bad game because I've done my research. The rest of you seem to be blindly defending it because you don't want to look bad.

To me false kindness when you secretly probably agree with me is the most disgusting thing. Hypocrite city. I only deal in facts and tell it like it is.
I remember when I mastered my understanding of a game by watching a stream of it. Now I, too, know how to fcjc5c2c5b2b236b5aajajbjajbj214b236a.

clowsui

Smash Legend

So what do you suggest a game should do to get a following? Lmao. Seriously there's no pleasing some of you.

If it has great mechanics but doesn't have a gimmick 'oh it's a shame it isn't popular but if only it had a gimmick'

If it has great mechanics but it has a gimmick too but isn't popular 'that gimmick is disgusting this community deserves no respect'

If it has decent mechanics but has a following based on a gimmick (Nintendo characters) 'omg this game is godly'

smashmachine

Smash Lord
So what do you suggest a game should do to get a following? Lmao. Seriously there's no pleasing some of you.

If it has great mechanics but doesn't have a gimmick 'oh it's a shame it isn't popular but if only it had a gimmick'

If it has great mechanics but it has a gimmick too but isn't popular 'that gimmick is disgusting this community deserves no respect'

If it has decent mechanics but has a following based on a gimmick (Nintendo characters) 'omg this game is godly'

whoa whoa whoa hold the **** up
don't chop on melee in your rants

I remember when I mastered my understanding of a game by watching a stream of it. Now I, too, know how to fcjc5c2c5b2b236b5aajajbjajbj214b236a.
more characters than skullgirls

Jiv

Smash Apprentice

I like melee bc it's completely different from every other game and it has Nintendo characters, which isn't a gimmick lol it's just a Nintendo game so that's what they're gonna be of course. I've never heard of skullgirls prior to this thing, and they're running even with us. I know they don't have a community with the ability to challenge ours, so why is everyone trying to give this marvel with ***s game a chance just to spite our game?

InternetDramaOhNoes

Smash Rookie
Hello, friends.

clowsui

Smash Legend
lol how is "having known characters" a gimmick?

jesus youre ****ing ********
I don't actually believe that it's a gimmick (I forgot quotations whoops) lol, the parallelism was to suggest (though I didn't do I very well admittedly) that having no known characters but w some other feature is no more a gimmick than known characters

this whole idea of judging whether or not skull girls deserves in based on its character design is no more legitimate than segments that say that wavedashing means anti fun

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
This thread is absolutely terrible.

I feel like im on SRK front page.

That's how ****ing bad it's gotten.

It's ****ing INSANE.

Like holy ****.

I'm just going to start reporting everything now.

And the worst part is that the biggest offender in this thread shares the name with my favorite group of characters in the Sonic Archie comics. : |

MajorMoses

Smash Journeyman
This thread is absolutely terrible.

I feel like im on SRK front page.

That's how ****ing bad it's gotten.

It's ****ing INSANE.

Like holy ****.

I'm just going to start reporting everything now.

And the worst part is that the biggest offender in this thread shares the name with my favorite group of characters in the Sonic Archie comics. : |
Careful, one more swear word and you would have gone too far. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom