• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - EVO 2013 (Breast Cancer Research Drive) Melee @ Evo2k13 Donation Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreedomFighter

Smash Cadet
When people say Melee deserves it they mean people play the damn game. I would say the same about most other fighters on the list.

Skullgirls...not a chance in hell. Like 2 tournaments in the past 6 months, poor sales, no one watching GFs and zero hype. I guess fighting game players are not just the sexually deprived manchildren SG devs hoped for.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
If your game cannot get support from anyone it is a bad game. Just the cold hard truth.

SG always had actual devs backing it up. What did Melee have with Nintendo basically shunning the competitive community...you talk about home grown it does not get any purer than Smash Bros. SG was force fed and still failed.
dude chill out. You're not accomplishing anything by bashing SG. All that you are doing is giving Melee a bad name. Insulting SG like this is no better than the people on SRK who still stay smash is just a party game.

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
Did you watch the stream?

-did not have the game had to download it
-clearly never played it before seriously and was just learning everything the whole time even admitted this

And this to you proves he cared about the game before...what a joke.
2 man tourny is also a fact I saw the dude who hosted it confirm it. SGs has no real support by people who play it. It has sex appeal and FGC backers mostly.

Those are all facts. Sorry if you get mad over facts.
I meant he never played it seriously. HE WAS LEARNING THE GAME THE WHOLE TIME.
Delusional people smh
He does NOT care about the game. Much like most of the FGC.
If your game cannot get support from anyone it is a bad game. Just the cold hard truth.

SG always had actual devs backing it up. What did Melee have with Nintendo basically shunning the competitive community...you talk about home grown it does not get any purer than Smash Bros. SG was force fed and still failed.

;) FreedomFighter for #1 Skullgirls backer

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
When people say Melee deserves it they mean people play the damn game. I would say the same about most other fighters on the list.

Skullgirls...not a chance in hell. Like 2 tournaments in the past 6 months, poor sales, no one watching GFs and zero hype. I guess fighting game players are not just the sexually deprived manchildren SG devs hoped for.
Troll us troll with 12 posts. Making me sad you think this is funny.

:phone:

FreedomFighter

Smash Cadet
It's funny because you think that's makes me mad. I could not care less and will continue posting until someone proves me wrong. It's going to charity anyway so if I got a guy to donate to charity, I guess that makes me cool. Everything I've said is true. You are just doing this becasue you can't actually refute my facts.

I like a lot of of fighting games and respect a lot of them. SG is just not worth respecting. If people dropping 50 dollars because a female VA sent them a sex message doesn't convince you, nothing will.

Go ahead donate another 2 dollars. I'll feel really good about making someone give that much to charity out of pure butthurtedness.

clowsui

Smash Legend
yo freedom fighter

is kof a bad game because it gets 20 man turnouts at most for monthlies and has no attendance for weeklies?

also you can have your opinions about sg but they should be stated in a respectful manner, not through blanket criticisms and senseless invective

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
It's funny because you think that's makes me mad. I could not care less and will continue posting until someone proves me wrong. It's going to charity anyway so if I got a guy to donate to charity, I guess that makes me cool. Everything I've said is true. You are just doing this becasue you can't actually refute my facts.

I like a lot of of fighting games and respect a lot of them. SG is just not worth respecting. If people dropping 50 dollars because a female VA sent them a sex message doesn't convince you, nothing will.

Go ahead donate another 2 dollars. I'll feel really good about making someone give that much to charity out of pure butthurtedness.
Don't worry mang. Unless you go on a massive 50-post tirade, you're not making me spend any more than I already planned. This is coming from the funds I set aside toward the final spirit bomb on Thursday.

BrandX

Smash Ace

Oh god, please stop, my sides they hurt.

But in all seriousness, it's great that you are donating to charity, I respect that. What will be the point though when everyone hates you? You talk the talk, but don't walk the walk.

Look, the VA's wanted to help us. What is wrong with that? They SUPPORT our community, there is no issue or rule against it. Plus dude, have some class...a sex message? Really?

Your the funniest troll I've ever met~! Have fun failing~

smashmachine

Smash Lord
Don't worry mang. Unless you go on a massive 50-post tirade, you're not making me spend any more than I already planned. This is coming from the funds I set aside toward the final spirit bomb on Thursday.
dude if you're getting riled up by a troll, you're only proving him right about that

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
Basically you're just making yourself look like a ****, opinions are opinions but you're shoving yours down our throats so calm your **** bro.

dkuo

Smash Lord
i forgot about the occasional terrible badness that spews out of online forums but the last few pages just reminded me
:awesome:

also something i wanted to touch on-

Why the hell is our page an acronym with no picture, yet sg is fully spelled out, has a pic representing the game, and has a little pink paragraph about breast cancer?

As a matter of fact, skullgirls is the only page that has s*** on it. That's not fair.

i know this is an old topic but...i honestly think its better we aren't using a logo

the wepay page is more approachable to non-gamers when there isn't a huge video game graphic taking up most of the space lol. i mean it's pretty cool to have it there, but not very practical imo

smashmachine

Smash Lord
Hey GoldenGlove you should drop $50 on SGs and get one of those VAs to send Freedom Fighter a personal message. THAT'LL SHOW HIM!

Especially Cristina Vee. I'd wife her.
Seriously.
what are you talking about, smashers don't have $50 to donate :troll:

FreedomFighter

Smash Cadet
Nope KOF is an awesome game has a community and has support. 20 people for tounaments? Sure as hell is better than 2 or zero for skullgirls. People play KOF because they love fighting games.

People play Skullgirls cuz of female "assets". Is that a nicer way to put it? I mean the dozen or so people that actually play it.

Hey brandX can you explain the indepth mechanics of your game? Or are you just a "fan" of one of the characters? Legit question cuz I seriously haven't seen a single person talk like they actually play skullgirls. The VAs of it's own game clearly don't and Fanatiq doesn't. What's the point of supporting a game no one plays? Oh wait you want to "wife" the VA, gotcha so just like the rest of SG supporters, only care about sex appeal.

And can you explain why Skullgirls GFs has literally no one in the crowd watching? If you think I'm bluffing/trolling id be happy to hit up a link. I have never seen literally no one watching a GFs of a fighting game not even SFxT I mean come on. It's almost like people only play it for the...."assets".

Call me a troll all you want doesn't change the fact that I deal 100% facts. I dont hate anyone not even SG players (but I do hate the game) just telling the truth.

FreedomFighter

Smash Cadet
2 man tournies are not a joke, that's just sad. I would never laugh at something like that, I actaully feel sorry for those 2 players that at the very least played the game for the right reasons but everyone was too busy checking out the female "assets" to care.

BrandX

Smash Ace
I just googled her.
:cool: Goddamn :cool:

P.S.: LIke I said in stream last night, you're a weird dude. But you're still cool
Well if I was normal, I would be boring now wouldn't I?~ I've been called weird, but that's why a lot of people like me lol

bunch of nonsensical bull
Well, you obviously don't know the difference between playing around and being serious. Yes I use Filia as my character in SkullGirls, yes I like her because she is cute and has a really awesome VA, but I like her mostly because she was the easiest character to get into and pick up, which allowed me to get into the game easier. You didn't attack the other guy for wanting to wife the Cerebella voice actor, your such a huge hypocrite you know that right? Stay Classy~

Also, just because we didn't have a crowd watching us, they were watching over stream. Whether they be really there or not, doesn't mean no one was watching. We are working hard to get people to watch, so I suggest you shut your mouth.

Also, why should I explain the game to you? You obviously wouldn't listen no matter what I told you, so there is no point.

Really, your nothing more then a petty troll. Your 100% facts are nothing more then opinions, nothing more.

If I say you are right in everything though, will you go away and never come back? I would love for your community to have a nice image please, not the garbage one you are putting all over everyone.

smashmachine

Smash Lord
not really related at all, but this paper mario ttyd speedrun is legit
edit: screw you internet, making me refresh every time it goes down

Laijin

Smash Hero
Post unrelated to Freedom Troll:

I don't actually really play SGs that seriously. I know Cristina Vee from League of Legends as the voice of Riven. But I didn't really care till I saw her personality live.
Which btw I don't really get why the VAs would even be popular in that game. They all only have like 10 lines, less than 20 or 30 seconds of lines entirely in the game. Its pretty silly why people would fanboy over "omg its the voice of Janna, etc etc". At least in SGs they have more than 10 lines per character lol. Skull Girls is a better made game anyways than LoL.

SSBM_or_GTFO

Smash Apprentice
SG community is trying to take off but hasn't yet got the speed for it to happen. It'll take a lot of working before it takes off but it's obvious the community is working hard to make it happen.

I wasn't here for the start of competitive Melee but I can guarantee that Melee did not boast 200+ man tournaments in 2001-2003.

Ignore my username when reading this, SG fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom