• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melbourne Social - N2C on thursday, anyone?

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I went to a concert without rehearsal once, I really enjoyed watching the band play.

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Awesome thread Attila C: We need more smash meets now that we have one supermassive monthly. I don't know about the rest of you, but N2C every week for three weeks is stupid >_>

I can host something occasionally, although it is a bit far out for most people.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Awesome thread Attila C: We need more smash meets now O:

I can host something occasionally, although it is a bit far out for most people.
thanks condog, ill put you on the list in the OP. not worried about frequency or location yet, just trying to get things going.

@luke: as usual, your humour is appreciated.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Awesome thread Attila C: We need more smash meets now that we have one supermassive monthly. I don't know about the rest of you, but N2C every week for three weeks is stupid >_>

Except for me xD haha.

But yeah, Considering I have nothing close by my house (train stations ect) its a bit hard for me to host anything =<. People would have to drive to mine. But i do agree we need more smash meets, don't like using up craploads of cash at n2c >___<. Plus yeah, too far out for me also, so getting home is a ***** T~T

Attila_

BRoomer
Except for me xD haha.

But yeah, Considering I have nothing close by my house (train stations ect) its a bit hard for me to host anything =<. People would have to drive to mine. But i do agree we need more smash meets, don't like using up craploads of cash at n2c >___<. Plus yeah, too far out for me also, so getting home is a ***** T~T
lots of us have cars, so getting there isnt a problem. i for one dont mind picking up a few people on the way. location, at least while we're in the phase of setting this up, isn't an issue. if you have a house and are able to host smash there, for any period of time, please inform me.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Well if people can drive, then its fine. I could maybe host a couple of meets. My brithday is coming late next month also, so I might plan a lil something with everyone the week before my birthday maybe.

Attila_

BRoomer
Well if people can drive, then its fine. I could maybe host a couple of meets. My brithday is coming late next month also, so I might plan a lil something with everyone the week before my birthday maybe.
thanks leisha. ill put you on the list. if you and condog could tell me what suburbs you live in, that would make this easier :)

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I will be able to host large smashfests (of up to 20 people) for both games at a central location from April onwards.

For something more immediate, the Melbourne BRoomers are going to the opening of the Icehouse in Waterfront City/Docklands later tonight at 7pm. Do visit it.

Attila_

BRoomer
oi attila are you back yet?
2 more weeks.

I will be able to host large smashfests (of up to 20 people) for both games at a central location from April onwards.

For something more immediate, the Melbourne BRoomers are going to the opening of the Icehouse in Waterfront City/Docklands later tonight at 7pm. Do visit it.
thanks cao, ill add you to the list.

a little bit more notice on the icehouse wouldve been helpful, though O_o

you kids have fun now!

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Too bad I won't be able to see any winter olympians since they're all in the Van atm. Unless one retired... <3

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Why the hell do I live in Adelaide?
Oh that's right I'm lazy.

Anyway. I'll pretend to be a part of this every now and then. Like, when you have tourneys I'll randomly show up to. I just hate Melbourne's airport distance from the venues. Argh.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
....No one has noticed I have already kicked this off with a 3 day event at mine? There's a thread for it and everything. Hell I did this at my mum's house all last year too.

My house is a definite for Smash meets. Like CAO, I can host up to 20 people the only problem being is I live in the Western Suburbs and even though I'm surrounded by train stations/bus stations, it takes a little while to get here from the East.

Either way, put me on the list.

Attila_

BRoomer
....No one has noticed I have already kicked this off with a 3 day event at mine? There's a thread for it and everything. Hell I did this at my mum's house all last year too.

My house is a definite for Smash meets. Like CAO, I can host up to 20 people the only problem being is I live in the Western Suburbs and even though I'm surrounded by train stations/bus stations, it takes a little while to get here from the East.

Either way, put me on the list.
i know your meet is on. hell i posted in that thread yesterday. i was just wanting you to volunteer your services here, instead of signing you up myself... espc with the baby and everything O_o

i can almost post the details of your meet in the OP if youd like.

but i suppose the main aims of this thread is to setup something along a schedule, something that people can mark on their calenders and commit to going to, as opposed to sporadic and irregular meets. that would be exactly the same as what were currently doing...

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Point taken. The first part of my post was sarcasm btw.

I *could* very, very possibly hold something at mine once every 2 months or something. This house is open to any of those ideas. I'm just lonely all the way here in the West.

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86
Meets don't always have to have smash in them yeah?

I wanted to organise a movie day to see Shutter Island (Matrin Scorsese's new film)

Also Birthday meet aka Tak10 (as some people wish for it to be referred to as) is sometime on the weekends of 7th-8th or 13th-14th of March, held one last year, was epic **** =D

tibs7

Smash Champion
god dam.nit march is seriously the best month
tak me bryan all have bdays and will most likely have meets
march = smash month of the year.

kupo

Smash Lord
I'd be able to host small meets. Like 4-5 people Max. Things will change once I get another tv that's lag/50hz free. South Eastern surburbs ftw. Come to the cool side!

West Side = Sticks

Hey Tak, I'll watch Shutter Island with you ;3.

Attila_

BRoomer
thanks em, ill add you to the list. me and tibor also live in the south east... what suburb? we should play some time...

and tak, when you have details of your birthday meet, ill update them in the op. of course, ill be there ;)

MikulOnIce85

Smash Ace
Curses I live too far to hold reasonable meets! CX I might be able to organise occasional one or two people sleepovers if anyone would be interested in some heavy smash training.

kupo

Smash Lord
Live in Mulgrave. It's not far from where you are (Mt Waverly if memory serves me right).

Yeah, we should. Can teach me brawl too ;3.

Jupz

Smash Master
I'm glad Perth's smaller then most other cities. I live a 20 min bike ride from Vlade, Ric and Sam lol :p Takes 5 mins to drive there :p

Attila_

BRoomer
thanks ledge. not concerned with numbers at this point. when i get a good pool of people, we'll discuss schedules and attendee lists then.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Social thread eh? OK! Photos from last night's Icehouse visit, photojournaux style. It's pretty good, something to consider on a cheap Tuesday night since tix would only be $10. And I totally want to play Ice Hockey now. Reminds me of Canada, since the place hovers somewhere around the 0 degree mark, but all of the public skaters are noob.

The pro rink that wasn't open yet.

hahaha, Attila wubs!

Opinion of the place: :c or c: ? (lol jkz)

My idea of Dodgaball on ice doesn't seem plausible right now...

Thundermistress

BRoomer
BRoomer
I was totally contemplating uploading the pics. But yeah. Is awesome place to be in when it's hot. Mmmm frosty temperatures are wubs.

And more Attila wubs, David does it bettar.

Also, if you'd like more inner city locations, I'd be happy to make my house available once in a while as long as someone else organizes the running of. I have two tvs and a projector, so can probably host about 16 - 20. I'm in Kew.

Top Bottom