• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melbourne Smashers: Vote on the April tournament date!

Which date do you want 3 Stock'd / Melee CW on?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
April Monthly Date Selection

April is a rather interesting month that has allowed me to come to you guys to help me select a date for Melbourne’s April tournament. Help make a decision by voting! (Irrelevant votes will be purged from the final count).

SAT APRIL 3 – Optional (Easter Saturday)
SUN APRIL 4 – Not available (Easter Sunday)

SAT APRIL 10 – Not available (Thriller)
SUN APRIL 11 – Not available (Thriller)

SAT APRIL 17 – Optional
SUN APRIL 18 – Optional

SAT APRIL 24 – Not available (Convent booked out)
SUN APRIL 25 – Optional (Anzac Day)

April 3 would be a good lead-up to Thriller since it’s the weekend before and we already have the Rosina secured, however, several CW hosts will be unable to attend, so they’ve expressed their interest in running a CW event in mid-late April.

If this happens and we get a CW monthly that falls on the Anzac weekend, it is likely that CW will keep the April 3 date for us, should we wish to use it exclusively for our own purposes. So we could probably end up with running Smash tournaments on the 3rd and the 25th, a rare 3 week separation.

Also, there’s the possibility of running this the weekend after Thriller, on the 17 and 18th, which would be fairly sensible for all parties.

Happy voting.

Note - Condog and Vermy will have priority decision making powers.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Easter saturday is the only day i can do it. 17th ill still be in sydney most likely, same with 18. Anzac day is my uncles birthday, so that's a no go for me D;

Dekar289

Smash Hero
don't want sunday
don't want easter weekend
17th is clear winner

Splice

Smash Hero
17th for me. Public holiday days bad, Sundays bad.

17th is good.

C~Dog

Smash Champion
I'm cool with doing two tourneys. How about we have 3rd April as a fun tourney with crew battles and low tier and item stamina teams, and have the 17th as the real tourney?

kupo

Smash Lord
I voted 3rd since I have nothing on. Wouldn't mind a smash warm up before Thriller :p.

17th is fine either way.

earla

Smash Lord
how bout 2 legit tourneys with side pleasurable activities such as butt sex and a tea party.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
hey earl i know you smashed ted but we're still 1-1 in our set
winner is best in world

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
how bout 2 legit tourneys with side pleasurable activities such as butt sex and a tea party.
this has already been discussed and we decided it was not viable. this is why X and myself have currently suspended our tournament series.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
he didn't mean as a permanent thing attila lol did you read this thread? =p

Afropony

Smash Lord
Wooh, comon April 17.

Nix do you have diploma points at your school?
We have them at my school where you're expected to get 40 in 4 years, I've been there for 1.25 years and I only have 1 point :(.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I'm cool with doing two tourneys. How about we have 3rd April as a fun tourney with crew battles and low tier and item stamina teams, and have the 17th as the real tourney?
The two tournaments for April 'hitch' would only be happening if there is a 3 week split between the two (ie. the 1st and last week of April).

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
item stamina teams
nah dude, have you ever just tried stamina teams without the items? its the greatest ****ing thing in the world.
anyways I wont vote cause I'm not a melbournite, but if it were on the 18th I would be there

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
well since last major there were 0 people from melbourne because your all lazy ****s, I imagine nobody but melbourne would be there (unless of course its run by cao, in which case everyone would be there)

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Hai Toby <3

Nawwww you guys are gonna have an epic Melbourne tourney without me =<.. Easter saturday... naooww

Oh wells, ill be in sydney pestering ricky instead :3

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I wish you would follow me around irl toby, maybe help me guide my missile?

oh yeah thats saucy

tibs7

Smash Champion
if its april 3rd attila and i cant be there :(, we have our little nieces 2nd birfday.
april 18 please =)

Splice

Smash Hero
! Cao if you read this can you pretend I voted 3rd of April?

Coz now I have to work Saturdays during school, and the 3rd of April is on the holidays so I won't have work. I can MAYBE cancel work every now and then because I'm more of a "make it easier for everyone else" guy rather than a "without me they cant do anything" person. But I'd really, really, really rather not :( I don't wanna get fired or anything or not get paid, that's pretty bad too.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
! Cao if you read this can you pretend I voted 3rd of April?

Coz now I have to work Saturdays during school, and the 3rd of April is on the holidays so I won't have work. I can MAYBE cancel work every now and then because I'm more of a "make it easier for everyone else" guy rather than a "without me they cant do anything" person. But I'd really, really, really rather not :( I don't wanna get fired or anything or not get paid, that's pretty bad too.
are you a part time or a casual, if your a casual you are allowed to cancel a shift at any time and they cant do anything about it, if they fired you for that you'd be able to do something about it, although I'm not suggesting you should just not turn up to work or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom