• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Megaman X: Day of Death. ~ EVERYBODY DIED. SCUM WINS. GAME OVER.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
1. Inferno3044 (1) Circus
2. JTB ()
3. Overswarm (2) Rajam, Boat
4. Red Ryu ()
5. Circus ()
6. Analytical Buttheads (2) OS, Nich
7. Rajam (2) Raziek, Xatres
8. Nicholas1024
9. Xatres ()
10. Terywj (1) FF
11. Raziek (1) AB
12. Boatchouli (1) Inferno
13. Frozenflame751 (1) RR

Not voting - JTB, Tery

With 13 playing, it takes 7 to lynch!

Deadline is September 20th at 11:59 PM EST (GMT-5).

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
If everyone had participated, this would have been an incredibly easy way to say "Okay, we haven't agreed on a lynch but when everyone posted their two lynch choices the top choice was (X)". That would have been cool right about now. No last minute scrambling, no coin flip cases. Just town agreeing as a whole.

But more importantly, it gives very specific reads from every player from that point in time, and scum would be very aware of this. If, for example, someone got 11 out of 13 people saying that person was a top choice, we could say "that person is town or being bussed". Good information, that.

We can also see how thing "match". My initial two, Boat or Red Ryu? You don't see me mention them much this game. That's important information! I was hoping someone would call me out on it, because that's generally a pretty clear town thing to do. Scum CAN do it, but if they do it they'd only do it to a townie rather than get a scummate in trouble, amirite? You can also look at Xatres and see his two choices are Rajam and Red Ryu, and you can realize that they more or less line up with his previuos posts. Raziek on Rajam and Tery? Same thing.

You can double check, see how they line up or how they don't. OF COURSE WE CAN'T DO THAT WITH EVERYONE NOW THANKS TO A BUTTHEAD.

There's a lot of information to be drilled from exercises like this that can point you in the right direction if everyone plays along. But AButtheads knew this -_-;;
Alright, now I feel more comfortable regarding OS, him explaining his reasoning behind the 2 scum reads from everyone (as well as the case on AB) makes his actions feel pretty townie.

@PR direction ahoy
Vig Ryker, IMO (Tery's also okay, I suppose), and doc protect on OS.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
What do you liek about my case on AB?

Red Ryu, you're reading, what do you think/

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
I like the thoroughness, and how rather than focusing on a few small posts with fake or one-size fits all scum tells (stuff like Zen's case in me in Fire Emblem), it goes for the bigger picture and shows how AB's play style has been completely pro-scum. That is, non-stop deflecting questions (and inactivity complaints despite having a ton of posts), no actual pressure on scum picks (which he has to be asked for), with a little buddying up to the consensus #1 townie thrown in for good measure. In short, it reminds me of my case on Nabe with the big picture approach (but hopefully with a little more immediate impact.)

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
AB or rather Gheb isn't easy for me to read. One one hand him being stubborn is something I expect from him. He will be stubborn and does it quite frequently, on the chopping block as the doc? Refuses to claim. 5 people left with a mass claim, refuses to claim in hopes of hiding another person as a PR.

He is stubborn when he wants to be, all meta, which is why I didn't think it was a scum tell for him. On the other hand I can see how his hydra with Adumb is running circles with us. A lot of the misdirection I agree with, that is very odd and something I think is scummy. Why wouldn't they be clear with it and think you mean scum picks or keep telling people to look back? I don't see as town why they wouldn't be clear and affirmative with their picks at all.

This is fishy and I agree with their lynch at this point after rreading your case on them.

Unvote
Vote: Analytical Buttheads

OS, does anyone strike you as scummates of him at this time? Assuming he flipped scum where would you look? I would need a reread myself but I could only eliminate a few players based on play from being affiliated with him, FF, Myself, You, and Boat are ones I think are more likely to be removed based on play, baring of course a bus I don't see.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
If he flipped town: Probably you.

If he flipped scum: Not sure if I'd go directly for an individual or try to start fresh; the lack of clear connections is the only thing that gives me pause when lynching AB. He's narrowed him down to anti-town townie or scum though, and that's not bad for a D1 lynch. I still might look into you more if he flips scum, but not quite as hard as I would if he flipped town. Not holding myself to it though.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Could I ask why youb think I am scum off hand?

Also might have read it wrong before but in your AB case you mentioned how a lot of people view you as a town read. Yet before you, and also FF, were chastizing people for putting you as a town read. Why the change? It seems more odd to me with the change from what you said before. I'm on my phone at work on a break so I cam view back and forth well.

@FF: Would you lynch AB today?
@Raziek: Same for you. Also how confident is that scum read on Rajam at this point?

:phone:

Inferno3044

Smash Master
Read the claim. I honestly have mixed feelings about it. It does have some very strong and well thought out points about him deflecting questions asked onto him, being a little wishy-washy, and even made some charts to make things easy to understand, but I know that most of this claim is solely based off AB's unwillingness to cooperate with him.

Do you really think he's scum or do you just want him lynched?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Could I ask why youb think I am scum off hand?

Also might have read it wrong before but in your AB case you mentioned how a lot of people view you as a town read. Yet before you, and also FF, were chastizing people for putting you as a town read. Why the change? It seems more odd to me with the change from what you said before. I'm on my phone at work on a break so I cam view back and forth well.

@Raziek: Same for you. Also how confident is that scum read on Rajam at this point?

What change? It's stupid to believe I'm 100% town on day one just because I didn't do anything scummy. I am town, but still. Geeze. Everyone under a microscope always.

Read the claim. I honestly have mixed feelings about it. It does have some very strong and well thought out points about him deflecting questions asked onto him, being a little wishy-washy, and even made some charts to make things easy to understand, but I know that most of this claim is solely based off AB's unwillingness to cooperate with him.

Do you really think he's scum or do you just want him lynched?
Greater than or equal to what anyone else could feel for someone else on Day one.

Xatres

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Xatres17
Lol, OS, I was planning on sitting down today and writing a post criticizing you for not explaining your vote and asking you to finally explain your crusade against AB. Looks like you beat me to the punch. At this point I think I can definitely get behind an AB lynch today. But I'm going to refrain from voting just yet so we can utilize this time to gather a bit more info.

@OS: I'd like to here your thoughts on Rajam. His play has been very similar to MetaKirby's Indy play in FF6, where questions and accusations weren't just deflected, but ignored outright. I died before I could get the support for a lynch. I'd rather not have that happen this game.

@Raziek: What do you think of OS's case against AB?

@RedRyu: I hear that the 3rd/4th person on a D1 wagon is often a scum bus. Do you think this generally holds true? How do you think it reflects on you being the 3rd vote on AB?

@Rajam: Ever going to explain yourself?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Xatres said:
But I'm going to refrain from voting just yet so we can utilize this time to gather a bit more info.
That's cool. No comment on Rajam.

What's your connection with Red Ryu?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Hasn't changed much because he hasn't answered my questions, and has ignored them several times. Somewhat strengthens my scum read.

Having read OS's case in its entirety, I'm willing to go with AB for today.

I think it's quite strong and well-thought out, particularly in his emphasis on deflection and trying to impede Town by not answering questions. I understand that some of this can be attributed to clashing play-styles between OS and AB, but with Rajam refusing to answer anything I have to say, I'm left with little option. I doubt I'll be able to find support for his lynch, given that he's not here to defend himself or claim.

With all that in mind...

vote: Analytical Buttheads

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
OS can you answer my first question.

Xatres, I do not find that mindset to work, I'd rather look at why they voted over the timing. Opportunistic and Buses should be looked at far over when someone voted. Also I do not recall a game where that worked.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Well, holy ****. OS, I'd be lying if I said I actually expected you to indulge me with a laid out case. The effort is pretty impressive. I still think you're reaching in places though—particularly with your graphs (what exactly are they meant to show? Just general discrepancies between actions?), your analysis of Gheb/Adum's scum picks (you said yourself that Adum has been playing most of the game. It makes sense that we would be aware of his picks and that Gheb's would be more of a surprise when they were presented) and the post that you call "the one that damned him" (I was close to making a similar post toward you myself). And Gheb's aggression? Not a scum tell for him.

I admire the work that went into presenting all this, and I see the clues you're pointing to regarding deflection and the way AB has remained very present throughout the Day but has done little in the way of any actual action, but the confidence just doesn't match the evidence for me. You seem so certain he's scum and I'm just not there with you. I see how he's a decent play. I just don't see how he's THE play.

AB, you should probably claim as soon as possible. Deadline's a day away, and you're wagon's the one that's rolling downhill now.

@RedRyu: I hear that the 3rd/4th person on a D1 wagon is often a scum bus. Do you think this generally holds true? How do you think it reflects on you being the 3rd vote on AB?
If AB does flip scum, I'm looking at you hard.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
The graphs were merely a representation of the notes earlier.

Circus said:
You seem so certain he's scum and I'm just not there with you. I see how he's a decent play. I just don't see how he's THE play.
As opposed to?

Xatres

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Xatres17
That's cool. No comment on Rajam.

What's your connection with Red Ryu?
@OS: Just did a reread on Red Ryu, trying to solidfy why I thought he was a good lynch candidate today. Fact is, I can't pinpoint any one thing that makes him stand out as scummy to me (other than gut). I thought the focus playing mod with the pictures early on was a convenient way for him to post, but stay out of the argument. Other than that, nothing about his play has really impressed itself upon me. Maybe it's just the wishy-washy issues he's self-proclaimed.

Xatres, I do not find that mindset to work, I'd rather look at why they voted over the timing. Opportunistic and Buses should be looked at far over when someone voted. Also I do not recall a game where that worked.

@RR: The idea is basically that at least one person on the scumteam will put himself on the wagon around that time (not too early, not too late) because at that point he can get behind the player pushing the lynch (being absolved of blaim) but also not be accused of rushing the lynch (since he's nowhere near the hammer). Even if only 1 out of 3 scummates in a standard 12-person game thinks this way, it can still be a useful tell.

However, I do agree that that can never be the sole argument behind accusing someone of scummy behavior. I've just noticed in hindsight for some of my older games that this actually holds pretty true.

If AB does flip scum, I'm looking at you hard.
@Circus: Why should it matter what AB flips? I don't necessarily have to be bussing. I could just be scum jumping on the opportunistic wagon. Or I could have seen how OS responds to people not "getting on board" and just decided to go along with everyone else to look town.

The point is, if you're going to look at me, look at me. Don't let this particular flip color your judgment, and for goodness sake, don't wait until toMorrow. Get your thoughts out before the Night falls. The more info we have on everybody the better.

@Everyone: I'm really not a fan of how slow this game is moving (myself included). I think we've done like a page's worth of content in the past 4 days. Let's use these last 24 hours wisely.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
You are are assuming that I am an idiot who cannot correctly find and interpret evidence. This is simply not true. In Oddworld Mafia, Cello basically lead the whole game as town, and was a strong, aggressive player throughout. That didn't stoop my hydra from strongly opposing him on a bad call to kill J two days in a row. It turned out J was our cop. This stance garnered Dastrn and I the MvP.

I'm not a sheep who just follows strong players around. I know how to think for myself
Nah, wasn't assuming you in general an idiot or anything like that. I was just saying that the criteria you shared with us to justify you having a town read on OS so early in the game was idiotic. Non-idiots can do idiotic things you know.

Good, you aren't a sheep. Fantastic. I don't care. You can prove to me you aren't an idiot who gets roped around like a puppet by actually having good criteria for establishing reads. From what I've seen, you don't have it, so what am I supposed to assume? Just prove me wrong and I'll be happy.

I'd really rather not, but here's the short and sweet version:

AB believes that playing a good scum relies on hiding and misdirecting; this is the opposite of my usual approach, which is generally controlling and manipulative. AB would rather patiently wait until someone else shows weakness then pounce on them, while I would rather pick a lynch target and go for it. AB would rather judo anything on him onto his accuser or someone that he believes shares similar traits, while I'm more likely to convince someone to do my bidding for me and avoid that process all together. AB's playstyle allows him to live an indefinite amount of time while my playstyle basically guarantees I'm killed in the D3/N3 phase, but I'm able to do more damage in that time than Adumb can do for most of the game... except at the very end game, which is what Adumb plays for.

With me so far?

Here's Majora's Mask mafia, where Adumb was scum, btw: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=287342&page=4

You can read that too.
Very legit short and sweet version. Very similar to my own thoughts on AB's play, especially once Gheb confirmed for us that Adumb was the main thrust of the hydra thus far.

And yeah for people who want to get a good view of the meta OS is talking about MM is a great reference. I was his (adumbs) late game scum partner in there so yeah, I vouch for that game as an adequate showcasing.

Totally should have stopped reading after this but scrolling down and seeing graphs just made me think I just HAD to see wtf you were talking about if you took the time to do all that. Bored much dude? lol

Now his scum reads are Raziek and Xatres instead of RR and Tery. That's cool, I guess. A little suspicious of Circus, which is understandable; Circus is a strong player who's been pretty quiet too. That's always a reason for suspicion; you should always try to get info from quiet town players like Frozen Flame who isn't going to read this post.
wtf @ the bolded? Are you asserting that I've been skimming this game? And are you referring to this mega post of yours or to AB's posts directed at me?

Remember this?

AB is my perma choice now, because I don't bluff. My vote is on him until he's out of the game.

In order of appearance:

OS - Boat or Red Ryu
Raziek - Rajam or Tery
Xatres - Rajam or Red Ryu
Red Ryu - Raziek and Frozen
Tery - Red Ryu or JTB (rajam close 3rd, but doesn't count!)
Inferno - Boat or Rajam
Nich - Boat or Tery
-AButtheads prevents this from moving further-

Boat - 3
Red Ryu - 3
Rajam - 3
Tery - 2
Raziek - 1
Frozen - 1
JTB - 1

The people who didn't say anything:
2. JTB
5. Circus
6. Analytical Buttheads (Gheb_01/adumbrodeus)
7. Rajam
12. Boatchouli (Ryker/Moth)
13. Frozenflame751

I'd lynch from this pool, starting with AB.
areyou****ingkiddingme.jpg @ you saying I didn't post my top two picks. ****, I did it before you even asked the question, in fact, it was my idea before you stole it and broadened it. Not cool dude, you shouldn't lie about **** that's in the thread.

You can and you should.
I know what you're getting at but that's not really what I meant. I mean yeah, I can influence what people read me as and what they read others as, but what I was saying is I can't really determine the personal criteria people use to evaluate reads in most circumstances. Not a hard and fast rule obviously but what I was getting at is I don't really have any say in specifically how one evaluates their personal criteria for scummyness.

Yup, totally.

In fact,

Unvote

Deadline imminent. Claim duder.

Bout's continued lack of presence is getting extra disturbing. Total vigbait imo. Them or Tery.

Bout can even be a backup wagon if AB has some rock solid baller *** claim and we need a lynch.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
We're not claiming.

Quit being terrible at this game. QUIT LISTENING TO OVERSWARM WHO HAS NEVER BEEN ANYTHING OTHER THAN TERRIBLE AT HUNTING SCUM [or anything other than being scum, really]

Frozen, I thought you were supposed to be good at this game.
Circus, I thought you have been played badly enough sufficient time to see through this nonsense by now
Ryu is the same tool as ever.
Raziek is scum scum scum

Lovely wagon.

But we're not claiming to a town that is so godawful and doesn't even understand how this game is played at all.

Analytical Buttheads

adumbrodeus|Gheb_01
We're not claiming.

Quit being terrible at this game. QUIT LISTENING TO OVERSWARM WHO HAS NEVER BEEN ANYTHING OTHER THAN TERRIBLE AT HUNTING SCUM [or anything other than being scum, really]

Frozen, I thought you were supposed to be good at this game.
Circus, I thought you have been played badly enough sufficient time to see through this nonsense by now
Ryu is the same tool as ever.
Raziek is scum scum scum

Lovely wagon.

But we're not claiming to a town that is so godawful and doesn't even understand how this game is played at all.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Gheb, what did you think that rant would accomplish? Insulting people doesn't tend to change their minds.

Analytical Buttheads

adumbrodeus|Gheb_01
I'd really rather not, but here's the short and sweet version:

AB believes that playing a good scum relies on hiding and misdirecting; this is the opposite of my usual approach, which is generally controlling and manipulative. AB would rather patiently wait until someone else shows weakness then pounce on them, while I would rather pick a lynch target and go for it. AB would rather judo anything on him onto his accuser or someone that he believes shares similar traits, while I'm more likely to convince someone to do my bidding for me and avoid that process all together. AB's playstyle allows him to live an indefinite amount of time while my playstyle basically guarantees I'm killed in the D3/N3 phase, but I'm able to do more damage in that time than Adumb can do for most of the game... except at the very end game, which is what Adumb plays for.

With me so far?

Here's Majora's Mask mafia, where Adumb was scum, btw: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=287342&page=4

You can read that too.

Here's the long version, starting and ending with his most recent quote:
Totally incorrect. The way I play scum (as I referenced at the end of this game) is trying my best to convince myself I'm town and then playing as close to that as I can.

MM actually illustrates it rather well, so does LOTR. Where in those games did I illustrate any of the tells you stated? Where did I deflect questions which you consider such a strong tell? Where did I attempt to avoid attention at all?

Notice how they nonchalantly give two lynch choices each? Why didn't they do that sooner?

Anyway, we'll get to this later. You should just read it and remember it.
They weren't lynch choices, they were scumtells.

Reguardless, gheb answered your question well before that point and before even objecting to it.

The first deflection, and the first clue that AB has a possibility of being scum.
Stop being dumb, I've stated my preference for RVS multiple times in theory threads.

More reads from Adumb, but again... no bite. No vote, no push, no questions. Nothing but deflections and adumb saying "go look over there" so far. No cases. And this is on two players who he's calling scum because they're avoiding attention. Hardly an effective strategy, imo.
I rarely make big cases, as you yourself referenced in time travelers.

Granted I was being more passive then I usually am, but more passive then I am regardless of alignment.

Now his scum reads are Raziek and Xatres instead of RR and Tery. That's cool, I guess. A little suspicious of Circus, which is understandable; Circus is a strong player who's been pretty quiet too. That's always a reason for suspicion; you should always try to get info from quiet town players like Frozen Flame who isn't going to read this post.

But not a scum read on Circus... just "troubled", but he seems to imply with the rest of his post that Circus is scum.
Obviously a gheb post. Gheb, take a look at gheb's reads later on and they match up rather obviously and furthermore his writing style is different.

The post that damned him
Again, gheb. I won't pretend to know exactly why he pushed against it, but I have no issue with scumreads. "Who you'd lynch" is a different story because what it looked to me like you were trying to do was create a lynch pool whereas I wanted wagons to develop naturally. I also sensed you were attempting to use it to push a lynch on me.

He decides to revisit this for some reason... only to attempt to justify and deflect again.
Again, posts from different heads. I thought it deserved an explanation.

Scumbag AButtheads.

Claims to have limited access.

Has more posts than anyone but OS, most of them being him not answering questions.
Claimed to have limited access then, losing a power chord does that, but I had another head who posted, remember?

Finally some reads!

Different than his other reads though.

Previous scum reads up to this point:

Red Ryu, Tery, Raziek, Xatres, and Circus. Each referenced once.

Scum reads from this post:

FF, Boat, Xatres, Raziek. FF/Boat only here, Xatres/Raziek referenced prior.
OS...

FF was referenced in my first vote out of RVS including a post.

Boat was referenced here and here, not specifically as a scumread but I dropped my vote on him and he never justified any of this.

Let's see.... Let's think for a second...

If I were AButthead and I were scum, and Nich was on my wagon.... and my wagon was started by Overswarm...

What's the BEST way to turn Nich's tendencies against himself.... hmmm....

Oh, I get it!

-_-;;

The worst thing about this post is even though it's about as subtle as a woolly mammoth in a swimming pool Nich is jumpy enough to fall for it. The irony of being worried about being tricked being what causes you to get tricked is quite delicious though.
Ok, seriously, how is it scummy to get him to think for himself? We think you're epically misreading, so why not?

Aaaaaaand the last post is finished. Gheb's aggressiveness here rings the scum bells for him too.

Red Ryu, Tery, Raziek, Xatres, and Circus. Each referenced once.
Where was a scum read on circus?

We asked him a question that he never answered but I don't think we ever actually called him scum.

That thing he wouldn't do by the way? I'll get to that in a moment. We would have a confirmed townie, but nope. :(
How? Seriously.

OS your case is bad and shows a complete misunderstanding of scum theory in spite of games we've been in together.

The most damning thing is that you NEVER CONSTRAST IT TO MY TOWN PLAY IN ANY GAMES! You just say that I do certain things as scum without even supporting it within the game that you referenced, and without explaining why these weren't present in my town game.

This case is built on false meta with no real understanding of the players behind it, and it's exactly the kind of case I would expect out of you. You're annoyed cause I'm thumbing my nose at you but there's no real content behind it.

Analytical Buttheads

adumbrodeus|Gheb_01
I like the thoroughness, and how rather than focusing on a few small posts with fake or one-size fits all scum tells (stuff like Zen's case in me in Fire Emblem), it goes for the bigger picture and shows how AB's play style has been completely pro-scum. That is, non-stop deflecting questions (and inactivity complaints despite having a ton of posts), no actual pressure on scum picks (which he has to be asked for), with a little buddying up to the consensus #1 townie thrown in for good measure. In short, it reminds me of my case on Nabe with the big picture approach (but hopefully with a little more immediate impact.)
Do I do that as scum?

You've seen me in a number of games, was that how I played in LOTR for example? Or any scumgame?

It's one size fits all scumhunting made with false meta.

AB or rather Gheb isn't easy for me to read. One one hand him being stubborn is something I expect from him. He will be stubborn and does it quite frequently, on the chopping block as the doc? Refuses to claim. 5 people left with a mass claim, refuses to claim in hopes of hiding another person as a PR.

He is stubborn when he wants to be, all meta, which is why I didn't think it was a scum tell for him. On the other hand I can see how his hydra with Adumb is running circles with us. A lot of the misdirection I agree with, that is very odd and something I think is scummy. Why wouldn't they be clear with it and think you mean scum picks or keep telling people to look back? I don't see as town why they wouldn't be clear and affirmative with their picks at all.

This is fishy and I agree with their lynch at this point after rreading your case on them.

Unvote

OS, does anyone strike you as scummates of him at this time? Assuming he flipped scum where would you look? I would need a reread myself but I could only eliminate a few players based on play from being affiliated with him, FF, Myself, You, and Boat are ones I think are more likely to be removed based on play, baring of course a bus I don't see.
Why didn't I just give scumreads?

Yea I did RR, I referenced it in my counter-case.

As far as being stubborn, you KNOW I can be stubborn when I think it's useful, remember RE mafia? My exchange with Chibo?

That inactivity was from that point onward, and gheb took over during that period rather obviously. I also noted how long my period of not having my chord could last.

Next up, the people who have to die because of this.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
wtf @ the bolded? Are you asserting that I've been skimming this game? And are you referring to this mega post of yours or to AB's posts directed at me?
Just wanted you to respond to this so I'd get confirmation from you when you read it.

areyou****ingkiddingme.jpg @ you saying I didn't post my top two picks. ****, I did it before you even asked the question, in fact, it was my idea before you stole it and broadened it. Not cool dude, you shouldn't lie about **** that's in the thread.
Different list. Not scum picks, but the two people you'd lynch if you could choose to lynch two people.

Analytical Buttheads

adumbrodeus|Gheb_01
Nah, wasn't assuming you in general an idiot or anything like that. I was just saying that the criteria you shared with us to justify you having a town read on OS so early in the game was idiotic. Non-idiots can do idiotic things you know.

Good, you aren't a sheep. Fantastic. I don't care. You can prove to me you aren't an idiot who gets roped around like a puppet by actually having good criteria for establishing reads. From what I've seen, you don't have it, so what am I supposed to assume? Just prove me wrong and I'll be happy.

Very legit short and sweet version. Very similar to my own thoughts on AB's play, especially once Gheb confirmed for us that Adumb was the main thrust of the hydra thus far.

And yeah for people who want to get a good view of the meta OS is talking about MM is a great reference. I was his (adumbs) late game scum partner in there so yeah, I vouch for that game as an adequate showcasing.

Totally should have stopped reading after this but scrolling down and seeing graphs just made me think I just HAD to see wtf you were talking about if you took the time to do all that. Bored much dude? lol

I know what you're getting at but that's not really what I meant. I mean yeah, I can influence what people read me as and what they read others as, but what I was saying is I can't really determine the personal criteria people use to evaluate reads in most circumstances. Not a hard and fast rule obviously but what I was getting at is I don't really have any say in specifically how one evaluates their personal criteria for scummyness.

Yup, totally.

In fact,

Unvote

Deadline imminent. Claim duder.

Bout's continued lack of presence is getting extra disturbing. Total vigbait imo. Them or Tery.

Bout can even be a backup wagon if AB has some rock solid baller *** claim and we need a lynch.
Die.

You've been my scumbuddy, you KNOW how I play as scum, and it's obvious to anyone reading Majora's mask or LOTR that deflection is not my playstyle. You're claiming that it is, and unlike OS and nich you aren't just being bad because I know you're a truly strong player.

Seriously, people take a quick look at Majora's mask. Or Lord of the rings mafia. I even neatly encapsulated this here as well, everything prior to the swiss quote, and I had no reason to lie in the post-game.

FF is lying out his a** about my scum meta, it's an excuse to jump on my wagon. Thanks for making yourself obvious-scum FF.

unvote, vote: FrozenFlame

Analytical Buttheads

adumbrodeus|Gheb_01
Lol, OS, I was planning on sitting down today and writing a post criticizing you for not explaining your vote and asking you to finally explain your crusade against AB. Looks like you beat me to the punch. At this point I think I can definitely get behind an AB lynch today. But I'm going to refrain from voting just yet so we can utilize this time to gather a bit more info.

@OS: I'd like to here your thoughts on Rajam. His play has been very similar to MetaKirby's Indy play in FF6, where questions and accusations weren't just deflected, but ignored outright. I died before I could get the support for a lynch. I'd rather not have that happen this game.

@Rajam: Ever going to explain yourself?

Stickly safe, "I can get behind" but he never really drops his vote. Combined with his general play it's damning.

The question at RR is also ridiculously scummy because he's asking an incredibly loaded question with really no evidence whatsoever.

Yea, you need to die to.

Hasn't changed much because he hasn't answered my questions, and has ignored them several times. Somewhat strengthens my scum read.

Having read OS's case in its entirety, I'm willing to go with AB for today.

I think it's quite strong and well-thought out, particularly in his emphasis on deflection and trying to impede Town by not answering questions. I understand that some of this can be attributed to clashing play-styles between OS and AB, but with Rajam refusing to answer anything I have to say, I'm left with little option. I doubt I'll be able to find support for his lynch, given that he's not here to defend himself or claim.

With all that in mind...

vote: Analytical Buttheads
I know I said I'd just deal with people who need to die, but this post just feels very meh.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Analytical Buttheads said:
We considered the scumpicks equivalent because we didn't like you setting up for a lynch pool as I explained in the overall response.
Analytical Buttheads said:
Except he's not ASKING for scumpicks, he's asking for lynch choices. There's a substantial difference.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Are you suggesting I should drop the push because you're telling me how you'd ACTUALLY play as scum?

Analytical Buttheads

adumbrodeus|Gheb_01
Are you suggesting I should drop the push because you're telling me how you'd ACTUALLY play as scum?
The gist of your case is that it matches my scum meta.

Without that it frankly falls apart.

I've been more passive then I usually am yes, but that's a null tell for me, usually showing more limited time.

Yes I've deflected but that implies a plan or that I consider other things more relevant.

It's not a specific scumtell for me like you're suggesting, it's one size fits all scumhunting, and the scum case itself isn't very strong at all.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
The gist of your case is that it matches my scum meta.

Without that it frankly falls apart.

I've been more passive then I usually am yes, but that's a null tell for me, usually showing more limited time.

Yes I've deflected but that implies a plan or that I consider other things more relevant.

It's not a specific scumtell for me like you're suggesting, it's one size fits all scumhunting, and the scum case itself isn't very strong at all.
It seems to be working for everyone else. Your post can be summed up with "No, you're wrong, THIS is how I play scum". I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that scum could make that argument and lie whilst doing so.

Also:

Adumbrodeus said:
Derailing a wagon with two days left and not presenting a viable alternative... what did you expect it to be taken as? Whether you intended it or not, that's what it was effectively?

Do you have a better wagon target? If so who and why?
Your play now seems to be about self-preservation, not getting a lynch. How does your self preservation help town? Why should we care about you living just because you say "Trust me, I'm town"? Who would we lynch other than you at this point? None of these questions are even remotely discussed, and even during your "rebuttal" you refuse to question anyone or point fingers; just "this requires looking at this person.... later....", the same stagnant play you've had all game.

Analytical Buttheads

adumbrodeus|Gheb_01
It seems to be working for everyone else. Your post can be summed up with "No, you're wrong, THIS is how I play scum". I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that scum could make that argument and lie whilst doing so.
Except I presented games that clearly rebut what you're saying.

Onus is on you, if I'm wrong provide examples of me playing like that in those (or in general games where I was reasonably active and scum) and not doing this in similar situations as town.

Also:

Your play now seems to be about self-preservation, not getting a lynch. How does your self preservation help town? Why should we care about you living just because you say "Trust me, I'm town"? Who would we lynch other than you at this point? None of these questions are even remotely discussed, and even during your "rebuttal" you refuse to question anyone or point fingers; just "this requires looking at this person.... later....", the same stagnant play you've had all game.
Did you miss who I tossed my vote on?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
The sentence and vote?

Your entire case on FF for this whole game has been "he's acting defensive" and "he's lying to jump on my wagon". You voted in one of your opening posts, and what looks like what will be one of your last. Don't you think you might need a little bit more than that?

Analytical Buttheads

adumbrodeus|Gheb_01
The sentence and vote?

Your entire case on FF for this whole game has been "he's acting defensive" and "he's lying to jump on my wagon". You voted in one of your opening posts, and what looks like what will be one of your last. Don't you think you might need a little bit more than that?
As far as scumslips go, lying to justify a jump on a safe wagon is up there with CC'ing a claimed that a cop has claimed an ino on. There's just so much wrong with it, and it's a tell that definitely deserves an instant lynch.

Xatres with his sticky safeness and his ridiculously loaded question that makes anyone look scummy is still pretty bad. But FF completely takes the cake as far as jumping onto wagons in a ridiculously scummy way.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
So you think we should lynch FF because you think he's lying about your scum meta? That's it?

On another note, I found this hilarious when I re-read his post:

FF said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overswarm
lol

Analytical Buttheads

adumbrodeus|Gheb_01
So you think we should lynch FF because you think he's lying about your scum meta? That's it?
It's lying to get on an already popular wagon to justify jumping on.

Jumping on safe wagons with little justification is scummy enough already. Add that he's lying about it (and if there's no other reason for him to know, the fact that I pointed it out after the game ended should've made it obvious if the fact that he's simply a good player and should notice it from play) and it becomes truly obvious-scum.

Look overswarm, I know the reason that you think I'm scum was because I was pushing against your initiatives. So if this lynch goes through, reread those games with the knowledge of my flip in mind and look at how I'm trying to play. If you're not reading it with confirmation bias, I think you'll reach the same conclusion I have.

Top Bottom