• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Megaman X: Day of Death. ~ EVERYBODY DIED. SCUM WINS. GAME OVER.

Xatres

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Xatres17
As far as scumslips go, lying to justify a jump on a safe wagon is up there with CC'ing a claimed that a cop has claimed an ino on. There's just so much wrong with it, and it's a tell that definitely deserves an instant lynch.

Xatres with his sticky safeness and his ridiculously loaded question that makes anyone look scummy is still pretty bad. But FF completely takes the cake as far as jumping onto wagons in a ridiculously scummy way.
Loaded questions are quite helpful for getting reads. Red Ryu could have responded how you did, by calling me scummy and thereby acting super-defensive, but instead he chose to simply address the theory. I find level-headedness in those kinds of situations a good town tell.

Also, the effect that specific question should have on town is this: Who is going to object aggressively and who is going to stand by their vote based on the case made against you? I've already stated that I plan on voting for you before the Day is out, and in the meantime, my loaded question has garnered us not only info on Red Ryu, but on you, Circus, and Overswarm as well.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
It's lying to get on an already popular wagon to justify jumping on.

Jumping on safe wagons with little justification is scummy enough already. Add that he's lying about it (and if there's no other reason for him to know, the fact that I pointed it out after the game ended should've made it obvious if the fact that he's simply a good player and should notice it from play) and it becomes truly obvious-scum.

Look overswarm, I know the reason that you think I'm scum was because I was pushing against your initiatives. So if this lynch goes through, reread those games with the knowledge of my flip in mind and look at how I'm trying to play. If you're not reading it with confirmation bias, I think you'll reach the same conclusion I have.
So you're admitting it's a popular and safe wagon, but aren't claiming.

Saying "jumping on a safe wagon with little justification is scummy enough", but aren't willing to give anyone else an actual case on FF, nor are you able to create one or even ask questions of FF now.

FF even mentioned that Boat would be a strong candidate for a lynch if you had a strong claim.

Deadline is midnight tonight, so we don't have that much time. You going to claim or what?

@mod request votecount

Analytical Buttheads

adumbrodeus|Gheb_01

Loaded questions are quite helpful for getting reads. Red Ryu could have responded how you did, by calling me scummy and thereby acting super-defensive, but instead he chose to simply address the theory. I find level-headedness in those kinds of situations a good town tell.

Also, the effect that specific question should have on town is this: Who is going to object aggressively and who is going to stand by their vote based on the case made against you? I've already stated that I plan on voting for you before the Day is out, and in the meantime, my loaded question has garnered us not only info on Red Ryu, but on you, Circus, and Overswarm as well.
It wasn't l-1 then, there was no reason for you to hold off your vote.

The question is loaded because you can push either reaction as inherently scummy because either reaction can easily appear in either side. Furthermore it smears the player just by being asked that question because it implies without any real evidence.

Why does your response not reflect this?

@RR: The idea is basically that at least one person on the scumteam will put himself on the wagon around that time (not too early, not too late) because at that point he can get behind the player pushing the lynch (being absolved of blaim) but also not be accused of rushing the lynch (since he's nowhere near the hammer). Even if only 1 out of 3 scummates in a standard 12-person game thinks this way, it can still be a useful tell.

However, I do agree that that can never be the sole argument behind accusing someone of scummy behavior. I've just noticed in hindsight for some of my older games that this actually holds pretty true.
Nowhere does it mention that his behavior was a towntell in your opinion, instead more being sickly safe.

You're full of it Xatres.

Analytical Buttheads

adumbrodeus|Gheb_01
So you're admitting it's a popular and safe wagon, but aren't claiming.

Saying "jumping on a safe wagon with little justification is scummy enough", but aren't willing to give anyone else an actual case on FF, nor are you able to create one or even ask questions of FF now.

FF even mentioned that Boat would be a strong candidate for a lynch if you had a strong claim.

Deadline is midnight tonight, so we don't have that much time. You going to claim or what?

@mod request votecount
Do you or do you not think that FF lying about my scum meta to justify jumping on my wagon is immensely scummy?

Frankly, beyond his defensiveness in RVS, he's pretty much posted a small amount of... nothing. That's scummy in and of itself but not truly damning. But specifically lying about my scum meta in order to jump on an already safe wagon is in and of itself damning.

Not every case needs to be 40,000 words. That was a case, and that's all that's needed to show he's scum if you do a little fact-checking with the games I referenced.

I'll wait till I get some more responses then decide.

Xatres

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Xatres17
It wasn't l-1 then, there was no reason for you to hold off your vote.
I've stated before that I'm a pretty conservative player. I wanted discussion to continue, and as you can see, it is garnering us info, including about me.

Me delaying my vote means having control over when the Day ends. I simply don't trust everyone (town and scum included) not to end the Day early by rushing the lynch. Trust me, that vote will be coming in the next 12 hours.

The question is loaded because you can push either reaction as inherently scummy because either reaction can easily appear in either side. Furthermore it smears the player just by being asked that question because it implies without any real evidence.
If I were able to push either reaction as inherently scummy, then why didn't I? I already stated that I had a scum-read on Red Ryu. He was even on my lynch list. According to you this would have been the perfect question on which to strengthen my case.

But it didn't. It actually weakened what little case I already had. So instead of trying to push the case harder, I let it drop.

Nowhere does it mention that his behavior was a towntell in your opinion, instead more being sickly safe.

You're full of it Xatres.
I'm not required to respond to every post someone makes by saying I think it was towny or scummy reaction. Do you think it's in town's best interest for everyone to say exactly what they are thinking about every post? Do you think it's detrimental to town to sit back and think about your opinion before stating it outright?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Do you or do you not think that FF lying about my scum meta to justify jumping on my wagon is immensely scummy?

Frankly, beyond his defensiveness in RVS, he's pretty much posted a small amount of... nothing. That's scummy in and of itself but not truly damning. But specifically lying about my scum meta in order to jump on an already safe wagon is in and of itself damning.

Not every case needs to be 40,000 words. That was a case, and that's all that's needed to show he's scum if you do a little fact-checking with the games I referenced.
Talk about loaded questions. I think if FF was lying then yes, he'd be scummy. But the only one saying he's lying is you, and you have every reason to call him a liar, don't you?

There are many people in the game that have said nothing. I don't see you jumping down Nich's throat for voting you without posting much of a reason. It looks like you're looking for targets rather than being consistent.

I'll wait till I get some more responses then decide.
Or, you could claim, then actually make a case. We don't have a reason to listen to you. Our options are you, no lynch, or in the case of your claim potentially listing an inactive.

@mod request prods on people that need to be prodded

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
1. Inferno3044 (1) Circus
2. JTB ()
3. Overswarm (2) Rajam, Boat
4. Red Ryu ()
5. Circus ()
6. Analytical Buttheads (5) OS, Nich, RR, Raziek, FF
7. Rajam (1) Xatres
8. Nicholas1024
9. Xatres ()
10. Terywj ()
11. Raziek ()
12. Boatchouli (1) Inferno
13. Frozenflame751 (1) AB

Not voting - JTB, Tery

With 13 playing, it takes 7 to lynch!

Deadline is September 20th at 11:59 PM EST (GMT-5).

Overswarm

is laughing at you
You're L-2 AB.

There's no one else to switch to. If you're fast and convincing, a best case scenario will have your vote, Nich's vote, my vote, Inferno's vote, and Xatres vote given the people that are actually posting, putting someone else at L-2. That's if you are fast.

Claim.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend

I've stated before that I'm a pretty conservative player. I wanted discussion to continue, and as you can see, it is garnering us info, including about me.

Me delaying my vote means having control over when the Day ends. I simply don't trust everyone (town and scum included) not to end the Day early by rushing the lynch. Trust me, that vote will be coming in the next 12 hours.

And why do you need that control? Early hammer is a scumtell.

If I were able to push either reaction as inherently scummy, then why didn't I? I already stated that I had a scum-read on Red Ryu. He was even on my lynch list. According to you this would have been the perfect question on which to strengthen my case.

But it didn't. It actually weakened what little case I already had. So instead of trying to push the case harder, I let it drop.

I'm not required to respond to every post someone makes by saying I think it was towny or scummy reaction. Do you think it's in town's best interest for everyone to say exactly what they are thinking about every post? Do you think it's detrimental to town to sit back and think about your opinion before stating it outright?
In and of itself it's not much of a tell, but combined with your general wishy-washy non-committal play it just reeks.

Furthermore, you had another easy target that you could jump on, and you're both strong enough to know the case was BS on it's merits and you had enough experience to know the meta was wrong or at least check.

You didn't need to push anything on RR cause you had a popular case that you could jump on. I think the only reason you ever actually committed to it being a towntell is because I pushed you on it.

Frankly, what was the advantage in not saying it at the time?

Talk about loaded questions. I think if FF was lying then yes, he'd be scummy. But the only one saying he's lying is you, and you have every reason to call him a liar, don't you?

There are many people in the game that have said nothing. I don't see you jumping down Nich's throat for voting you without posting much of a reason. It looks like you're looking for targets rather than being consistent.
Which is why I referenced the games. READ. Seriously, does my play here match my play in either of them at all. That includes one that you referenced yourself.

As far as consistency, I targeted people who SHOULD know better.

Nich is dumbtown, he's followed his dumbtown meta to a T so far. He needed a reminder about why it wasn't anything close to my scum meta.

RR I don't like, but his town game is bad, I don't see any reason that makes him jumping on any more likely to be scum RR then town RR.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
+1 to my town game being awful.

Claim now, or I'm not unvoting. This is your last chance.

I'm gonna read your links though, since I am unfamiliar with them.

Xatres

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Xatres17
Yeah, AB, you definitely just broke the rules, dude.

>_<

Darkhorse got modkilled for that in one of his first games...

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Hold up, there's nothing in the actual rules that says that you can't do that (yes, I double-checked) and which viewpoint is he actually taking during this?

The two viewpoints in that post literally oppose each other.
mod said:
OTHER PERSON: "Meta data" refers to "data about data". In other words, data ABOUT your role PM, not the contents therein. Timestamps, who it was sent by, screenshots of it being opened or unopened, etc., but color is fine. Saying "my role PM is (color)" is the same as saying "my character is (person)".

MOD: I'd add it to the rules and afterwards making a post telling people that they can't refer to the colors in their role PMs. Referring to things ABOUT PMs and role PMs aren't against the rules anywhere in you game.
10modkills

Xatres

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Xatres17
@Soupa: This is why you put a legit sample PM on the front page, not a lazy one with 'yada yada yada; in it. :-(

Please tell you didn't just edit your post, AB... >_<

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I think that "edit" thing that pops up means someone else has posted.

Adum what do you mean when you say "essentially"

Analytical Buttheads

adumbrodeus|Gheb_01
&quot;no u&quot; ... &quot;no u&quot; ... &quot;no
He never added it to the rules then, the rules are what I double-checked before that. That post SHOWS that color isn't metadata. It is completely unreasonable to enforce a rule that is not in the rules.

So if soup modkills me I am free to find him and kick his a** for a completely undeserved modkill.

So can we get back to playing the game, if a modkill happens it's between soup and me and I wanna get as much out of the day as possible, cool?

@Soupa: This is why you put a legit sample PM on the front page, not a lazy one with 'yada yada yada; in it. :-(

Please tell you didn't just edit your post, AB... >_<
Me and soup had this fight before I'm the only mod that doesn't allow quick-edits.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
In case we get modkilled:

EVERYBODY WHO IS TOWN IGNORE ALL OF OVERSWARM'S REQUESTS, SUGGESTIONS AND PUSHES FOR THE REST OF THE GAME. NOTHING GOOD HAS EVER OR WILL EVER COME FROM IT.
There's a chance that he's scum as well, DO NOT READ HIM AS OBVTOWN UNLESS YOU'RE A HOPELESS ******.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I'd be willing to leave Adumb alive if he wasn't modkilled based on the color thing alone, assuming he isn't modkilled.

You said you wanted a FF lynch, adumb? Since you're basically confirmed town by the color shenanigans and we don't have a strong lead on anyone in the game right now, I'm not opposed to you choosing.

Analytical Buttheads

adumbrodeus|Gheb_01
I think that "edit" thing that pops up means someone else has posted.

Adum what do you mean when you say "essentially"
It doesn't actually say the world "vt", the rolename is about his intelligence and I don't know if I can directly quote it. But paraphrasing my role pm basically says all I have is speaking and ability to vote in terms of powers.

Xatres

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Xatres17
I'd personally like to see a Rajam lynch. Like I said, I think his ignoring direct questions from TWO players is worse than the deflecting we were getting from AB.

Thoughts, AB/OS/anyone else who is on?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Damn, wish you had left that description out after you cleared yourself.

Where are we moving TO, adumb?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I don't think we should put our thoughts in, Xatres. Since Adumb has proven himself town, he can choose a lynch without any sort of influence on D1, right? Even if he picks a townie, we know he's not picking a townie because he's scum.

Xatres

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Xatres17
That's really crappy reasoning, OS. Just because someone is confirmed-town doesn't mean that they are confirmed-right.

Analytical Buttheads

adumbrodeus|Gheb_01
I'd be willing to leave Adumb alive if he wasn't modkilled based on the color thing alone, assuming he isn't modkilled.

You said you wanted a FF lynch, adumb? Since you're basically confirmed town by the color shenanigans and we don't have a strong lead on anyone in the game right now, I'm not opposed to you choosing.
Yes. FF should die. Now.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

/leaves
Reporting.

Also, I warned him, he didn't put anything in the rules about this.

Disagreeing with Gheb on OS' obvtownness but it pays to watch just in case. He's just dumb.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer

Exactly what I was just thinking. Even before this stupid color thing popped up, Adum was doing a good job of making me think we should switch to someone else. Frankly, the point on Frozen is totally legit, in my opinion.

Top Bottom