• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Megaman X: Day of Death. ~ EVERYBODY DIED. SCUM WINS. GAME OVER.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
AB what is the harm of sharing scum picks?

Can someone give me a sensable case on Tery? Because his wagon looks stupid.

:phone:
To me the only thing that might be scummy is his FoS, but that's it

I don't see how the following is essentially a null? Or am I misinterpreting?
Maybe we are interpreting this differently. Raziek, can you clear up what you meant by that quote?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
See, I don't know if I'm entirely on board the Tery wagon, because I agree with half of your case, but disagree with the other half.

Tery voting Boat COULD be construed as blending, but being completely honest, I almost voted Boat myself out of frustration when I was catching up.

Tery expressed this sentiment in his point 2), in which he explained he realized his thought process was flawed. I can see where you're coming from given the timing, but we knew Boat wasn't going to get lynched THAT quickly, so any attempt at blending seems a bit unlikely, and I question scum's sanity on jumping a wagon that quick in the event that Boat actually DID get lynched.

So while I can see some merit, I'm not confident enough in that case to vote him.
This was my opinion on the Tery case.

The reason I intended to with-hold my lynch choices was because I wasn't really certain on my second choice, and I decided that if I HAD to pick someone, I wouldn't lose any sleep over lynching Tery, because I expect Boat to be more valuable in the long run.

Based on his recent play however, I'm more inclined to believe Tery is panicked Town.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
1. Inferno3044 (1) Circus
2. JTB ()
3. Overswarm (2) Rajam, Boat
4. Red Ryu ()
5. Circus ()
6. Analytical Buttheads (1) OS
7. Rajam (2) Raziek, Xatres
8. Nicholas1024
9. Xatres ()
10. Terywj (2) FF, Nich
11. Raziek (1) AB
12. Boatchouli (1) Inferno
13. Frozenflame751 (1) RR

Not voting - JTB, Tery

With 13 playing, it takes 7 to lynch!

Deadline is September 20th at 11:59 PM EST (GMT-5).

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
1. Inferno3044 (1) Circus
2. JTB ()
3. Overswarm (2) Rajam, Boat
4. Red Ryu ()
5. Circus ()
6. Analytical Buttheads (1) OS
7. Rajam (2) Raziek, Xatres
8. Nicholas1024
9. Xatres ()
10. Terywj (2) FF, Nich
11. Raziek (1) AB
12. Boatchouli (1) Inferno
13. Frozenflame751 (1) RR

Not voting - JTB, Tery

With 13 playing, it takes 7 to lynch!

Deadline is September 20th at 11:59 PM EST (GMT-5).
NO THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING
THERE IS NO REASON TO GO ON

WHA -
WHA -

WHAT I AM MODDING FORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Out of the "veteran" players here it's Circus that troubles me the most. Even when he doesn't post a lot I can tell fairly quick when he's scum or not simply due to how much we played and interacted with each other in all our dGames career and I can't remember the last time I was wrong about him. I'm not fond of his explanation on why he voted Tery and I also don't like his last post.
I never voted Tery. Though he seriously needs to get vig'd toNight. What don't you like about my last post?

Also, I don't know what you're talking about. You're wrong about my alignment all the time. In the very last game we played together, you were calling me scum right before you got lynched, even though I was town, and cleared by the cop, with the godfather already flipped.

@circus- OS said to give no order or reasoning so im going to respect his orders. If its ok with him I'll answer.
GAH. YOUR NOSE. OS' ***. I CAN'T SEE WHERE ONE ENDS AND THE OTHER BEGINS.

Inferno, pick a stance. Are you suspicious of OS or do you trust him completely? Because you're questioning him about why he wants the information he's asking for, but you seem to have no problem offering it up to him without resistance, and you're beholden to his whims above all others. OS asks you to jump and you say "how high?" I ask you to jump and you say "only if OS says it's okay." What has OS done to earn your trust? Has he earned your trust?

I said it before we started, the person who doesn't go along is the play for today. That's AB.
That's not what you said. And AB isn't the only person who hasn't followed your orders toDay; he's just the one who most actively defied them. This can't be the only reason you consider him the play now.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Left this out of my last post.

I can't even tell if this is half serious or sarcastic, but I don't think I like it either way.
It's 100% sarcastic, I assure you. The only reason I'm not voting for you right now is because Inferno keeps making my eyebrow go further up my forehead than I thought it could go.

And because apparently townies do use FoS the way you just did even though it's totally pointless and dumb and this is why I hate trying to read people I've never played with.

Rajam should really get in here and respond to some of the heat he's been getting. And Boat should probably get prodded or something if he hasn't been yet.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
OS is my strongest town pick but I like knowing reasons as to why people are doing stuff. I also think he is being very hasty in voting AB because if not cooperating is the only reason for his vote then im not gonna vote him.

Also I would rather lynch boat if it were up to me. Read my reply to JTB as to why.

@mod- request prod on boatchouli

Overswarm

is laughing at you
That's not what you said. And AB isn't the only person who hasn't followed your orders toDay; he's just the one who most actively defied them. This can't be the only reason you consider him the play now.
If that's the case and you trust me than you should pressure AB, and lynch him if he doesn't change his mind, shouldn't you?

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
OS, is your reasoning for wanting AB lynched completely based on the whole scum picks deal?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Maybe. Who's to say? Like I said before, I could make a long winded case but I really don't want or need to right now. It'd be easier to just lynch AB.

Analytical Buttheads

adumbrodeus|Gheb_01
@AB - What idea do you offer instead?
Read my post again.

EBWOP: @AB at least hold to your word and give us a scum pick.
Read my post again.

Entertain me with some reasoning as to why it's a bad idea to answer Overswarms question other than a trust issue.
Why should I provide reasoning for something I don't even believe myself? I never said that it's a bad idea to answer his questions - the only thing I said that you have no obligation to do it in the exact manner he proposed or to do it at all for that matter. It is not a bad idea. It is not a good idea. If you have something worthwhile answer it - if you don't it's not wrong to not answer.

That's a stupid question and you should feel stupid for posing it.

Analytical Buttheads

adumbrodeus|Gheb_01
The two scenarios you outlined are effects that could occur on the Overswarm end of things.
Totally not true. Just because it affects him and you the most doesn't mean that others can't get an impression off of it.

I have pointed out multiple times that I believe Rajam's case is constructed largely on WIFOM, and he's been trying to bully Xatres into joining his case by means of subtle FoS and implicating him in an OS/Xatres/Boat scumteam.
That's a terribly reaching case. You "believe" his case is constructed on WIFOM - erm no? Overswarm's opening statement was already WIFOM as Rajam pointed out himsellf and Rajam felt it was a good starting point for a case, which is not only no issue at all but you also fail to go into detail about the how and the why. I still don't know why you conclude that what he does is scummy. Picking up a WIFOM case and work based on that is scummy now? How can you get a town read on OS then if the whole WIFOM in the case was provided by a statement of his? Yeah, that doesn't make sense.
And the whole "Xatres bullying" part is just crap that's not even worth responding to.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
reason 2 laundry never gets the **** online (reason 1 is cause he's so damn busy): residential internet ****ing sucks and i have to go to the student center just to check things every day

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
V/LA today due to nephew's b-day party and probably heavy drinking afterward. Guess I'll probably be rereading AB's posts when I get the chance. And that's about all I have time to say right now. Will try to get on tonight, but I might not be in my most intelligent state of mind.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Hm, a AB wagon sounds alright, since not much is happening with Tery at the moment.

Unvote, Vote: AB

(Sorry there's not much more detail, a LOT of homework dropped in all of a sudden. :/)

Rajam

Smash Champion
RVS is fine. Not having RVS is fine too. What's important is the context of RVS and how you use it; there are uses for both alignments, but which side gets the better deal depends on the kinds of players involved. Given this roster of players, the biggest threats as scum would be able to manipulate a prolonged RVS phase fairly easily and to decent effect; it's what I would do, and have done in the past. Go read some past games and you'll find the people initially accused immediately out of RVS will remain in a higher level of suspicion throughout the game unless they come out and claim doc or cop or something like that and can prove it. In this case, I'd imagine AButtheads will have a few eyes on him for a few phases... and I'm fine with that.

1. Inferno3044
2. JTB
3. Overswarm
4. Red Ryu
5. Circus
6. Analytical Buttheads (Gheb_01/adumbrodeus)
7. Rajam
8. Nicholas1024
9. Xatres
10. Terywj
11. Raziek
12. Boatchouli (Ryker/Moth)
13. Frozenflame751

The number of "followers" in this game might seem offset due to the "heavier" nature of people like Circus, Nich, and myself, but there are still more followers than anything else here, so much so that I bet it will remain as such for the entirety of the game.

Giving Scum time to set up and create false pairings and the ability to blend in (notice how everyone started posting like idiots with pictures?) in exchange for light and playful banter is not a successful strategy in this setup. In addition to this, I already know how to read half the players in this game fairly well right off the bat; I don't need a "warm up" to their playstyles, and as those I know how to read are also the ones with more mafia experience... I found no reason for RVS to continue.

Got a town read on Rajam, by the way.

Sounds fine to me. Win/win either way, and I don't think a late-blooming Ryker is worth the headache he'd cause early game anyway. I doubt it'll come to that though, there's been enough content early on to get a good headstart.
I don't understand this... several warnings on how the game is/could behave, what Mafia shouldn't do, your ability to meta others... just to conclude someone is town? Why not saving this for later after you actually saw someone falling in some scummy attitude according to this? I also saw that you already want AB dead today, and I haven't yet read the details of why, but are you sure it isn't a dilatation of RVS, as you said yourself in this quote? maybe some other players may evaluate that...

Also, despite what you say in the last paragraph I feel like you're giving Boatchouli much more time than needed to actually do something. He is being useless, unhelpful and unclear on purpose, and inactive as well, so, is AB's lynch better than Boutchouli's?

______________________________________​

See bolded, you fool.
Post #146. So you're basically saying that as long as you're not the top #1 lynch candidate, we shouldn't lynch you?

Point to where. No one ever questioned AM on what they meant in regards to specific posts. The one or two times it was mentioned, it was quickly cleared up. No, that's a recurring theme with that hydra that will occur again.

Now you're saying there is a complete lack of content when there is obviously not. And I really am ****ing tired of these mother ****ing snakes in my mother ****ing boots.

Scum team is Nich, OS, and AB. Calling it.
Point to where that hydra did the same as town if you want to maintain that argument, else be quiet.

The similarity is stylistic, by Ryker disguising his posts with math talk/pictures, they become rather difficult to argue with, especially when a request for clarification/content is met with another picture/more insults.

And I'm pressing because I want to make sure you answer my questions, as you've posted again but did not do so. For example, you just called AB/me/OS scum, but had no reasoning.

Additionally, you/Ryker seem a bit antsy, what with your shot at me and Ryker with his vote/unvote wall. Someone is emotional here, but it's not me.
idk if this is a response to Nich, "explaining" your scum team, because as per usual you're not being clear or helpful. I don't get your point here; as the same OS said, you just seemed to quote some random posts from him, so... any clarification?

Post #122: Here you seemed to ignore AB's #121:

Eh, RVS is gone now, nothing I can do about it anymore. Thanks folks.

Unvote, vote: Frozenflame

In answer to your question OS, being mostly passive and piggybacking off other's reveling is scummy. Silence not necessarily, which is why it's beneficial to give RVS time to develop naturally instead of ending it early.

Other people that had something of this were JTB and Ryker, both people I wanted more time to examine so I could get a good read, but what strikes me with FF is the sheer defensiveness he's had an the otherwise lack of initiative in his posts, beyond some slight initiative in the first post.

Nich is probably town, in spite of the fact that he is still doing that fake contributing habit cause somehow he picked up that saying useless things and asking useless questions to get out of RVS is pro-town. I can't fault him that much cause I used to do it though, and he's earnest with them.

Xartes and Raziek didn't have an RVS for all intents and purposes (one of the major reasons why I wanted more time).

I like inferno for town, his posts convey a newbieish understanding of mafia while attempting to put pressure and people and catch scum. Probably newbtown.

Already covered OS.

Unsure of RR and Rajam atm.

@OS: I have a question, what do you think my alignment is?
Boatchouli, given that you thought/think AB was scum, what do you think on some of the several reads he gives here?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Except he's not ASKING for scumpicks, he's asking for lynch choices. There's a substantial difference.
I'm asking for what two people they would lynch right now, not lynch choices. There's a substantial difference.

Analytical Buttheads

adumbrodeus|Gheb_01
I'm asking for what two people they would lynch right now, not lynch choices. There's a substantial difference.
Fair enough, point is you weren't asking for scumpicks.

I didn't consider it a difference but oh well.

Mind sharing your scum picks either way?
Both hydra heads already have.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
*AB rings the scum bell*

Come on AB. Scum 101 is to not answer questions directly and instead send people on hunts through the thread. You're either scum, or playing a really ****ty town game. What town advantage is there to not going along with this stuff? You're being obstinate.

Just lynch AB today.

vote: Analytical Buttheads

Analytical Buttheads

adumbrodeus|Gheb_01
*AB rings the scum bell*

Come on AB. Scum 101 is to not answer questions directly and instead send people on hunts through the thread. You're either scum, or playing a really ****ty town game. What town advantage is there to not going along with this stuff? You're being obstinate.

Just lynch AB today.

*sigh*

Stop being dumb OS, you do that regardless of alignment and so do a lot of other players, encouraging people to read your back posts isn't a scumtell. Especially considering that I have very limited access right now.

I'm on my phone that will take too long restate them.

Speaking for both heads, FF, boat, xatres, raz.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
*sigh*

Stop being dumb OS, you do that regardless of alignment and so do a lot of other players, encouraging people to read your back posts isn't a scumtell. Especially considering that I have very limited access right now.
I don't do it for questions like that, and I do it for reasons other than "I'm lazy". You're being a bad town player. Step your game up.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Hang on OS, do you believe AB is just bad town? That's what that post implies, and if so that makes your lynch push feel rather bad. Explain.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Hang on OS, do you believe AB is just bad town? That's what that post implies, and if so that makes your lynch push feel rather bad. Explain.
My post doesn't imply anything. Playing a bad town game is separate from alignment, you know that. You're seeming awfully jumpy with the whole AB thing, btw. If he flips scum, I'll be looking into you next. The whole going along with Overswarm but trying to undermine it at the same time thing, that sounds like the way Nich would think. But we'll see after AB's flip.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
OS, deadline's in about two days. If you want AB's lynch to go through, you're going to have to give more than this. I read over AB's posts, and his interactions with you in general, and I'm only catching a whiff of what you're apparently smelling. I see you taking AB's actions and attributing stronger negative connotations to them than they deserve. If you feel really strongly about this, then make a case. Why is AB the best lynch choice today? Please don't just give me this "if you trust me then trust me" crap again, because I just do not have any reason to believe that your read is sound even if you're town. And Inferno's 419 alone makes me want to glue my vote to him. And there are several people I would prefer to switch to before AB if I have to in order to make a lynch happen.

Analytical Buttheads

adumbrodeus|Gheb_01
Isn't it just cute how OS tries to bully everybody into voting our playerslot on the account that we are detrimental when it's he, who does nothing else but to tunnel us based on a pathetic excuse of a reason and offers nothing else ... two days before the deadline?

But for real - who is the true detriment here? Is it our playerslot who has offered more than enough information, directions and reasons to find a good lynch or is it Overswarm who still hasn't learned the difference between "applying skill" and "applying force"? Or is it the inactives and semi-actives that stall discussion? I'm pretty sure there's nothing detrimental about us compared to almost EVERYBODY else.
Nich, what have you accomplished by voting this playerslot other than making yourself look like one of Overswarm's tools? No, you haven't pressured us into anything, you have learned nothing that you didn't know before or that we wouldn't have given you over time anyway. No, you have no idea that there could be something more to his ******** tunneling because there obviously isn't more. Quit being dumb and start playing with *your* head, thanks.

All of the scum picks adum and I have discussed together make good lynches toDay: Frozen and Ryker from adums side [Gheb agrees that both make solid lynches], Raziek and Xatres from Gheb's side [adum disagrees with neither of these lynches]. We're set to finish this Day phase in a reasonable manner - you all better get to it as well.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
My post doesn't imply anything. Playing a bad town game is separate from alignment, you know that. You're seeming awfully jumpy with the whole AB thing, btw. If he flips scum, I'll be looking into you next. The whole going along with Overswarm but trying to undermine it at the same time thing, that sounds like the way Nich would think. But we'll see after AB's flip.
It's not AB making me jumpy, it's you. I might have a town read on you so far, but despite that I'm watching every single blasted move you make, because getting a false town read on you is about the most anti-town thing I could do short of modkilling myself. So yeah, I'm being extra cautious here.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
OS, deadline's in about two days. If you want AB's lynch to go through, you're going to have to give more than this. I read over AB's posts, and his interactions with you in general, and I'm only catching a whiff of what you're apparently smelling. I see you taking AB's actions and attributing stronger negative connotations to them than they deserve. If you feel really strongly about this, then make a case. Why is AB the best lynch choice today? Please don't just give me this "if you trust me then trust me" crap again, because I just do not have any reason to believe that your read is sound even if you're town. And Inferno's 419 alone makes me want to glue my vote to him. And there are several people I would prefer to switch to before AB if I have to in order to make a lynch happen.
I'd really rather not, but here's the short and sweet version:

AB believes that playing a good scum relies on hiding and misdirecting; this is the opposite of my usual approach, which is generally controlling and manipulative. AB would rather patiently wait until someone else shows weakness then pounce on them, while I would rather pick a lynch target and go for it. AB would rather judo anything on him onto his accuser or someone that he believes shares similar traits, while I'm more likely to convince someone to do my bidding for me and avoid that process all together. AB's playstyle allows him to live an indefinite amount of time while my playstyle basically guarantees I'm killed in the D3/N3 phase, but I'm able to do more damage in that time than Adumb can do for most of the game... except at the very end game, which is what Adumb plays for.

With me so far?

Here's Majora's Mask mafia, where Adumb was scum, btw: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=287342&page=4

You can read that too.

Here's the long version, starting and ending with his most recent quote:

Isn't it just cute how OS tries to bully everybody into voting our playerslot on the account that we are detrimental when it's he, who does nothing else but to tunnel us based on a pathetic excuse of a reason and offers nothing else ... two days before the deadline?

But for real - who is the true detriment here? Is it our playerslot who has offered more than enough information, directions and reasons to find a good lynch or is it Overswarm who still hasn't learned the difference between "applying skill" and "applying force"? Or is it the inactives and semi-actives that stall discussion? I'm pretty sure there's nothing detrimental about us compared to almost EVERYBODY else.
Nich, what have you accomplished by voting this playerslot other than making yourself look like one of Overswarm's tools? No, you haven't pressured us into anything, you have learned nothing that you didn't know before or that we wouldn't have given you over time anyway. No, you have no idea that there could be something more to his ******** tunneling because there obviously isn't more. Quit being dumb and start playing with *your* head, thanks.

All of the scum picks adum and I have discussed together make good lynches toDay: Frozen and Ryker from adums side [Gheb agrees that both make solid lynches], Raziek and Xatres from Gheb's side [adum disagrees with neither of these lynches]. We're set to finish this Day phase in a reasonable manner - you all better get to it as well.
Notice how they nonchalantly give two lynch choices each? Why didn't they do that sooner?

Anyway, we'll get to this later. You should just read it and remember it.

Post #39:

Horatio picture said:
YEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah
Standard RVS, picks me. Nothing can be gleamed from it on its own, but it did give me an easy way to get out of RVS.

I then tease him for a bit and try to get some information out of him.

Solid information so far:

AB said:
Also, that's how you get an idea of people's alignment, so I'm happy with gleaning a town read out of you.
At this point, I find him null but it's easier to just tell him I have a town read on him as well, as that makes him more likely to answer my questions.

OS said:
What do you think about those that piggy-back on other people's "reveling", rather than responding to such against them or making their own path, and remain mostly silent otherwise?
AB said:
Would prefer not to say yet, still too much to glean and not particularly interested in making people I'm on to aware of the fact if I am on to them.
The first deflection, and the first clue that AB has a possibility of being scum.

OS said:
vote: analytical Buttheads

I know how both your slots play. Answer questions asked to you. You and I both know you've given off more than enough information about the one person we're both discussing (could be more, but they are a stretch and wouldn't account for you "holding back"), and it's not enough to even make a solid read. Their future actions are irrelevant to any possible conclusions that you can reach when adjoined with that tiny piece of data; the only thing they can do is compound upon themselves which changes nothing when it comes to appropriate responses. You don't have to use names if you want, but I don't think even Ryker is foolish enough to believe that how he feels the game should be played is how other people in this game will play merely because that's what he likes to see. Regardless, that'd actually be MORE of a tell than what we're looking for.

So cut the crap. What's your answer?
This has all been Adumbrodeus so far (as has most of this game), and AB likes to make excuses. These do not help town. This evasiveness of concrete information continues for some time.

Nich said:
@AB
Do you really think your influence on this game is so great that scum will adjust their behavior only based on what you think? Additionally, you could use a gambit (pushing a non-tell or weak tell for instance) to get reactions. I just don't see why you're sitting back and going "I've got my eye on people, not going to push anything just yet."
AB said:
... duh

Scum adjusts their behavior to manipulate even weak players. Try to avoid something that I explicitly note as a tell. Hell yea.

Of course at this point, the best I can hope is scum adjusting their behavior based on what they perceive my views are, which is still something.
OS said:
You don't know me at all, nor have you ever. I humor you because it makes you easier to read; vaguely hinting at any sort of plan or "obvious knowledge" makes you feel you need to be on even ground with me, and it's easy to slip up when you've got such an irrational response to such vague and pointless stimuli.

More than one person you have an eye on, though? That I understand. But not for the reasons I posted earlier. There's only one person who fits into that category, really... and it's a very weak thing to notice to boot. Important enough to make you lean and squint your eyes and watch further down the line, but also unimportant enough to where you can forget it completely the moment something changes. I don't believe you "have your eye on" anyone, at least not in particular, and I believe even less you know the person who I'm referring to.

And again, no good scum player would adapt to so straightforward a post. That itself is a stronger tell than doing the action in the first place, meaning that in the worst possible scenario you end up exactly where you started. You're holding back because you're afraid of giving concrete stances on things you don't have fully formed, not because of the answer, and that's not a good reason to not respond.

So again, answer. You're not good enough to "withhold information" with so little on the line, especially when you're tripping over yourself trying to make it look like you know what you're doing.
AB said:
http://cache.ohinternet.com/images/7/70/Cool_story_bro.jpg
More deflections.

Then it starts to get more serious with a vote on AB by Ryker.

AB in response said:
Care to explain why?

I know OS is hung up on an academic difference of opinion, but what's your reasoning?
His second direct question of the game, this one in response to a vote on him (the first was to FF being defensive)

AButthead's first "real" post:

AB said:
Eh, RVS is gone now, nothing I can do about it anymore. Thanks folks.

Unvote, vote: Frozenflame

In answer to your question OS, being mostly passive and piggybacking off other's reveling is scummy. Silence not necessarily, which is why it's beneficial to give RVS time to develop naturally instead of ending it early.

Other people that had something of this were JTB and Ryker, both people I wanted more time to examine so I could get a good read, but what strikes me with FF is the sheer defensiveness he's had an the otherwise lack of initiative in his posts, beyond some slight initiative in the first post.

Nich is probably town, in spite of the fact that he is still doing that fake contributing habit cause somehow he picked up that saying useless things and asking useless questions to get out of RVS is pro-town. I can't fault him that much cause I used to do it though, and he's earnest with them.

Xartes and Raziek didn't have an RVS for all intents and purposes (one of the major reasons why I wanted more time).

I like inferno for town, his posts convey a newbieish understanding of mafia while attempting to put pressure and people and catch scum. Probably newbtown.

Already covered OS.

Unsure of RR and Rajam atm.

@OS: I have a question, what do you think my alignment is?

Boatchouli said:
Point to where. No one ever questioned AM on what they meant in regards to specific posts. The one or two times it was mentioned, it was quickly cleared up. No, that's a recurring theme with that hydra that will occur again.

Now you're saying there is a complete lack of content when there is obviously not. And I really am ****ing tired of these mother ****ing snakes in my mother ****ing boots.

Scum team is Nich, OS, and AB. Calling it.
Abuttheads said:
Care justify... any of that?

I get you being on me, my standoffish personality and apparently unpopular view about RVS made me the target de jour, but what the heck is your justifacation for nich and OS?

Nich is playing his standard noobtown game.

OS has pretty much ticked off all all of his towntells boxes so far, heck if anything the exchange we had dragged it out even more.

You have yet to give any legitimate reasoning as to why either of them might be scum.

Cut the crap, let's here some legit content out of you.
Abuttheads said:
Wait.... why is are there 4 votes on OS?

He's obvious town, unvote now, there are much better places to place our attention and I have no desire to see him picked as a default lynch toDay.
This rings off warning bells to me; there's no reason for him to constantly attach himself to Town's #1 town read (that's me!) at this point in the game. Repeatedly.

OS said:
Quit stalling and pay attention, people have already unvoted me. I don't need you to convince people I'm town, I could convince everyone I'm scum and still not get lynched. Start posting actual content, starting with your thoughts on Terywj and Red Ryu.
AB said:
After I'm out of class and have a chance to read things in depth.
OS said:
I would advise against posting without reading things, then.
AB said:
Also, no OS. We are not doing bioware again. You can't pull that off with this playerlist, if enough people think you're scum YOU WILL DIE or at least be forced to claim. Rather then pulling these overwrought complex plans that fall apart under their own weight, go back to basics with your game.
His 3rd deflection! After calling him out for piggybacking on my town read, he attempts to judo it and flip the discussion around to me.

OS said:
This accomplishes what, with this game? I thought you had class, or are you not that busy at the moment?
AB said:
Snatching lulls to post obviously. I type of my notes a lot faster then most professors need to explain their slides.

I've got like 10 minutes till my next one which has no internet so I'll use what time I have to read.

OS, you need an overwrought plan EVERY game. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it fails spectacularly, I'd prefer not to repeat your bioware performance.

AB said:
RR is leaning scum, two things that strike me are his willingness to stand up to ryker (even though it's not on a matter of reads, it still attracts a ton of attention), and the fact that he's very non-commital in general. I haven't seen a strong stance from him and the fact that he commented on two discussions and only gave one read out the players involved is wierd and smacks of his scumplay in HxH.

Tery seems to be trying to avoid attention at every turn, he's posted a list of reads but beyond that all that I see out of him are promises to contribute and excuses for why he didn't contribute. Scum

And I spent too long on this, late for class, toodles.
More reads from Adumb, but again... no bite. No vote, no push, no questions. Nothing but deflections and adumb saying "go look over there" so far. No cases. And this is on two players who he's calling scum because they're avoiding attention. Hardly an effective strategy, imo.

Xatres said:
@AB: What's the deal with being so eager to defend OS? You two have been battling since RVP, and he only had 4 votes last votecount. We weren't exactly in danger of a mislynch, so the only benefit I can see of you defending him is to try garner yourself some town-points.
AB said:
Because he's obvious-town and is or at least was being heavily wagoned without any good reason whatsoever.

The fact that he generally likes being a **** and loves spinning webs regardless of alignment means that being at this level makes him pretty easy to mislynch and I have no desire to let that happen.
The first clue that Xatres and AB aren't scum together. Not too important, except AB still feels the need to tell everyone I'm town.

Gheb of AB said:
The post you asked about was made by adum. I didn't actually post anything other than the pic in the beginning
But I will try to contact adum [adum should read this as "****ing get on Skype, cuntbag"] and talk about stuff. JFYI most of the contributions in this thread will likely be by adum as I need to do justice to my caveman status so if you have any meta-knowledge on him it may actually be useful to you. I will mostly provide the entertainment and 'em pics
This just proof that it's all Adumb.

Circus said:
At least one person on this wagon is being opportunistic.

Vote: Inferno

Tery can die. But that's a job for a vig, if anyone, the way I see it right now.
AB said:
Why inferno circus?
AB's defended Infero and called him town in the past, so far the only person with a town read otehr than the ever-visible Nich and Myself.

Then the left turn:

AB said:
Unvote

My current reads are scum on Raziek and Xatres. The amount of fuzz they created about Rajam's case being "bad" is remarkable considering there was a lot of truth behind his points. Just because the "slip" part was an exaggeration or a misinterpretation [or both] doesn't mean that the very core of his argument doesn't hold any merit. In fact I'd even go as far as to say that Overswarm created this whole scenario on purpose to lure out reactions from different sides. That doesn't make OS any more or less townie but it certainly goes to show who is being genuine with his reads [Rajam] and who's more interested in their own benefit [Xatres and Raziek].

Out of the "veteran" players here it's Circus that troubles me the most. Even when he doesn't post a lot I can tell fairly quick when he's scum or not simply due to how much we played and interacted with each other in all our dGames career and I can't remember the last time I was wrong about him. I'm not fond of his explanation on why he voted Tery and I also don't like his last post.
Now his scum reads are Raziek and Xatres instead of RR and Tery. That's cool, I guess. A little suspicious of Circus, which is understandable; Circus is a strong player who's been pretty quiet too. That's always a reason for suspicion; you should always try to get info from quiet town players like Frozen Flame who isn't going to read this post.

But not a scum read on Circus... just "troubled", but he seems to imply with the rest of his post that Circus is scum.

AB said:
Vote Raziek

Don't play the derp-card here. Since I have no reason to believe your scum read - and I stated why that is - repeating that "you're pursuing a scum read" is meaningless and doesn't refute my point in the slightest. It's just a redundant assertion to stall the argument as you just repeat the same old. Yet you fail to point out which of Rajam's concerns with Overswarm's post are questionable and how they lead to the conclusion that Rajam is scummy. The possible benefits for you are that you either hope to gain Overswarm's trust [in case he's town] or that you nudge the sentiment that he's obvtown [in case he's scum] - both trades are in your favor if you're mafia.
This in reference to Raziek's push on Rajam for his questioning of me.

AB said:
Also, everybody is free to ignore Overswarm's request to point out their two top scumreads in the manner he proposed. Of course it's good enough to only point out one read if it's a thorough one and of course you can give explanation that goes beyond what he asks - you're not his puppets and if you don't trust him or think that it's better not to do as he asks it's perfectly fine to not follow suit.
The post that damned him

AB's response to my vote said:
AB's previous post said:
Vote Raziek

Don't play the derp-card here. Since I have no reason to believe your scum read - and I stated why that is - repeating that "you're pursuing a scum read" is meaningless and doesn't refute my point in the slightest. It's just a redundant assertion to stall the argument as you just repeat the same old. Yet you fail to point out which of Rajam's concerns with Overswarm's post are questionable and how they lead to the conclusion that Rajam is scummy. The possible benefits for you are that you either hope to gain Overswarm's trust [in case he's town] or that you nudge the sentiment that he's obvtown [in case he's scum] - both trades are in your favor if you're mafia.
Raziek said:
How is this playing the derp card?

The two scenarios you outlined are effects that could occur on the Overswarm end of things.

You didn't even ADDRESS the Rajam end of things.

I have pointed out multiple times that I believe Rajam's case is constructed largely on WIFOM, and he's been trying to bully Xatres into joining his case by means of subtle FoS and implicating him in an OS/Xatres/Boat scumteam.
Xatres said:
You are ignoring the fact that the only reason Raz has had to repeat himself so much is that Rajam has been refusing to answer any questions about this. He made a crappy argument, tried to drag what he perceived as a newbish player into it, and is now ignoring all criticism and refusing to support his position.

This includes...
1. His original argument on OS
2. Any other evidence for OS being scum
3. His reasons for making OS/you/me his scumteam

Vote: Rajam

When I've encountered this kind of behavior in the past, it's almost always been done by a scum/indy player.

@Rajam: Please explain your scum picks in detail.

@OS: Why do you think AB is the play for today?
I like Xatres.

Inferno said:
@AB - What idea do you offer instead?
AB said:
Read my post again.
Deflection.

AB said:
EBWOP: @AB at least hold to your word and give us a scum pick.
AB said:
Read my post again.
Deflection again.

JTB said:
Entertain me with some reasoning as to why it's a bad idea to answer Overswarms question other than a trust issue.
Adumb said:
Why should I provide reasoning for something I don't even believe myself? I never said that it's a bad idea to answer his questions - the only thing I said that you have no obligation to do it in the exact manner he proposed or to do it at all for that matter. It is not a bad idea. It is not a good idea. If you have something worthwhile answer it - if you don't it's not wrong to not answer.
Red Ryu said:
Adumb said:
That's a stupid question and you should feel stupid for posing it.
Two more deflections.

And then...

Red Ryu said:
Adumb said:
Except he's not ASKING for scumpicks, he's asking for lynch choices. There's a substantial difference.
He decides to revisit this for some reason... only to attempt to justify and deflect again.

OS said:
Adumb said:
Fair enough, point is you weren't asking for scumpicks.
Red Ryu said:
I didn't consider it a difference but oh well.

Mind sharing your scum picks either way?
Adumb said:
Deflection. He's been deflecting against Red Ryu a lot now, 3 times, 2 on the same quote.

With as many times as Adumb has been doing backflips to NOT answer questions but still respond to them, he's just about cemented my read on him.

OS said:
*AB rings the scum bell*

Just lynch AB today.

AB said:
*sigh*

Scumbag AButtheads.

Claims to have limited access.

Has more posts than anyone but OS, most of them being him not answering questions.

Red Ryu said:
I'm on my phone that will take too long restate them.
Adumb said:
Speaking for both heads, FF, boat, xatres, raz.
Finally some reads!

Different than his other reads though.

Previous scum reads up to this point:

Red Ryu, Tery, Raziek, Xatres, and Circus. Each referenced once.

Scum reads from this post:

FF, Boat, Xatres, Raziek. FF/Boat only here, Xatres/Raziek referenced prior.

Gheb said:
Scumbag AButtheads. Avoids answering questions as OS tries to get everyone in the game to clear someone as town with an obvious play, then refuses to go through with it and drags town down for the rest of the day by not answering questions or pushing any cases.

Then attempts to judo it onto OS.

I think you've made 0 cases, you've called 7 of the 13 players scum once and 2 of the 13 players scum twice, haven't questioned any of the inactives, haven't questioned any of your scum reads, and have all in all been a complete detriment to town in every way. Even if you were town and had 100% accuracy in reads, no one is going to listen to them. No one would listen to them even after your flip, because you haven't done anything about them whatsoever.

Let's see.... Let's think for a second...

If I were AButthead and I were scum, and Nich was on my wagon.... and my wagon was started by Overswarm...

What's the BEST way to turn Nich's tendencies against himself.... hmmm....

Oh, I get it!

-_-;;

The worst thing about this post is even though it's about as subtle as a woolly mammoth in a swimming pool Nich is jumpy enough to fall for it. The irony of being worried about being tricked being what causes you to get tricked is quite delicious though.

Aaaaaaand the last post is finished. Gheb's aggressiveness here rings the scum bells for him too.

Frozen, Ryker, Raziek, Xatres.

Previous scum reads up to his previous switch:

Red Ryu, Tery, Raziek, Xatres, and Circus. Each referenced once.

His last list:

FF, Boat, Xatres, Raziek.

His new list:

Frozen, Ryker, Raziek, Xatres.

His last two are consistent, which is kind of a good sign.

NOW IN GRAPH FORM :D :D :D :D

AB towards FF in post 69 said:
Between this and your latest post, why so defensive brah?
AB towards Boat as referenced above said:
Care to explain why?

I know OS is hung up on an academic difference of opinion, but what's your reasoning?

(his vote on me was RVS, keep in mind)

Long story short, if I have to choose a lynch today I'd choose the guy being detached, deflective, and the largest fake contributor of the day. e.g., AButtheads.

That thing he wouldn't do by the way? I'll get to that in a moment. We would have a confirmed townie, but nope. :(

@mod request votecount

I probably should have proofread this post, but whatever.

Overswarm

is laughing at you

Oh and btw so you don't have to do it yourself: +1 to Ryker to 4 since Boat and Ryker are the same person

Those not fitting in the above graph:

1. Inferno3044 - town read
7. Rajam - not referenced
13. Frozenflame751 - discussed as scum read, hasn't posted much to respond to anyway

Overswarm

is laughing at you
OS said:
@all:
I'm going to speed this up a bit, because I want some actual stances from everyone, bar none. They don't have to be supported, but here's what I want:

Everyone post TWO people you would choose for a lynch today in no particular order. Don't support these lynch choices in any way, I just want to see them.

Two people that you'd choose to lynch today if you had to right now.

My two choices would be Boat or Red Ryu.

My third choice would be anyone who doesn't do this. Hint hint.
Remember this?

AB is my perma choice now, because I don't bluff. My vote is on him until he's out of the game.

In order of appearance:

OS - Boat or Red Ryu
Raziek - Rajam or Tery
Xatres - Rajam or Red Ryu
Red Ryu - Raziek and Frozen
Tery - Red Ryu or JTB (rajam close 3rd, but doesn't count!)
Inferno - Boat or Rajam
Nich - Boat or Tery
-AButtheads prevents this from moving further-

Boat - 3
Red Ryu - 3
Rajam - 3
Tery - 2
Raziek - 1
Frozen - 1
JTB - 1

The people who didn't say anything:
2. JTB
5. Circus
6. Analytical Buttheads (Gheb_01/adumbrodeus)
7. Rajam
12. Boatchouli (Ryker/Moth)
13. Frozenflame751

I'd lynch from this pool, starting with AB.

If everyone had participated, this would have been an incredibly easy way to say "Okay, we haven't agreed on a lynch but when everyone posted their two lynch choices the top choice was (X)". That would have been cool right about now. No last minute scrambling, no coin flip cases. Just town agreeing as a whole.

But more importantly, it gives very specific reads from every player from that point in time, and scum would be very aware of this. If, for example, someone got 11 out of 13 people saying that person was a top choice, we could say "that person is town or being bussed". Good information, that.

We can also see how thing "match". My initial two, Boat or Red Ryu? You don't see me mention them much this game. That's important information! I was hoping someone would call me out on it, because that's generally a pretty clear town thing to do. Scum CAN do it, but if they do it they'd only do it to a townie rather than get a scummate in trouble, amirite? You can also look at Xatres and see his two choices are Rajam and Red Ryu, and you can realize that they more or less line up with his previuos posts. Raziek on Rajam and Tery? Same thing.

You can double check, see how they line up or how they don't. OF COURSE WE CAN'T DO THAT WITH EVERYONE NOW THANKS TO A BUTTHEAD.

There's a lot of information to be drilled from exercises like this that can point you in the right direction if everyone plays along. But AButtheads knew this -_-;;

Circus, I want you to be in my wolf pack but you didn't play along either. I don't think we can wolf pack anymore. At least not for now.

Frozen Flame said:
W/e though, I can't really control how people develop their reads. =/
You can and you should.

Cirucs said:
What is with everyone burying their noses in Overswarm's undies this game?
See?

Top Bottom