• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Megaman Unlimited Mafia - Day 6 begins! No one killed!

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Gorf because it's Gorf and Raz because i dont wanna go: WOW What raz did was really bad and dumb. Must be town. Initially i almost did so but im letting raz play out more before i settle on him.

@ #HBC | Gorf #HBC | Gorf 's post: My gut on his first post was: Holy **** that looks damn townie. His posts afterword haven't done anything to change that and I don't see any scum playing how is he right now. i dont know nick from before but I'm sticking to my gut read on him until I see a reason not to
I kind of hate having to play this like I'm talking to two people, but do tell me your opinion of how he's handled potato so far. Is there really nothing more than null there?

#HBC | ѕoup

Nick said:
Secondly, while Kantrip was wrong, there's no scum motivation here. This looks to me like a classic case of tunneling, as even after Kantrip's initial case was blown apart, he reaches to keep his push going, because he's firmly convinced that PJB is scum. In short, Kantrip is playing like I did in my last game. (Before you ask, no, that's not a good thing.)
I see it differently. Townies tunnel but they do with a motivation, with a reason. What is Kantplay's reason to tunnel PJB only other to make himself look better? Do you really buy that he could come up with, again, six points as to why PJB was scummy? His tunnel had no merit and he's not realy bothering to progress the read either. He has sat there and said 'PJB is scum' but has not really done anything about it. I seen a couple of times where they get mad at each other but it really is just Kantplay antagonizing him and trying to snowball reasoning as to why his vote was justified in the first place/ (See: how he was picking apart PJB's word choice)

#HBC | ѕoup

I like this whole thing, up until the part about Kantrip being town. Kantrip knows how I react to things, and is usually pretty good about being able to read me. I can't see how he could be THIS WRONG, and still be willing to push THIS HARD. I feel like the only reason he's staying on me is because he doesn't have another mislynch to push, and for some reason he still has people agreeing with him, so why not try and push it through, right? Kantrip even liked the above post, which is essentially a gigantic wall about why he was wrong, and I'm town. Yet he's still voting for me.

And seriously, **** yall for trying to cite E&A for why this could be my scum meta. You have exactly ONE game to give as an example, and I've been hearing about it every single ****ing game I've played since then. Ya know why? BECAUSE THAT'S HOW I ACT WHEN I'M TOWN. The whole reason we won E&A was because I played like my town self. Instead of only reading up on my scum games for meta (there are so few), try reading games where I was town. E&A was literally my second scum game ever, and if you read my most recent scum game (the walmart mafia game), you'd see that my scum meta probably isn't even the same anymore.
Do more than be mad at Kantplay, please. I can't town-read you the way you're playing because you've centralized your play around him and you're only concerned about responding to people about him, or you. Tell me how you feel about the other players. Tell me how you feel about the people voting him. Who's town? Who's scum?

#HBC | ѕoup

Honestly, after watching all this bickering and reading people's thought on the matter....

I'm kinda starting to feel like this might be TvT.[/quote]

Could you elaborate on this?

#HBC | ѕoup

This post kind of rubs me the wrong way. Part of it is that Circus is accusing YOLO of not contributing enough to the game, when I feel like YOLO has done at least as much as he has, if not much more.

I think the big part of it is that this just feels like Circus is checking in, making his presence known, and ducking out without doing anything. He doesn't really weigh in on me or kantrip, but he challenges RTL and YOLO, without leaving any votes. He's coasting.
Have you taken in consideration of how he's handled Kantplay too? I agree that something about Circus this game is off, and I feel like he's spitting fire but it just seems like it doesn't have a purpose.

#HBC | ѕoup

Gorf, your WashedRake case is an interesting perspective but as Jerkus mentioned, it's not the right move at the moment. If Kantplay flips town then It's something I will consider. The basis of it however boils down to how you dislike how he's playing the game right now, and I don't disagree with it in full. There's a lack of focus coming from the slot as I've noticed and while I agree with their opinions, they have mostly been playing the catch-up game.

I think we all really need to stop talking about Kantplay. He's probably the lynch and there's other slots to focus on. I would really love more talk about Raz or Rajam, slots like this. I would also like people to get back at everything I've presented too.

Kantrip

Kantplay
soup's okay.

Dislike RTL. Dislike Circus. Iffy on Dietz still but less scummy than I thought before. Still don't like Joker but I think I'm tunneling. Everyone else is either okay or I don't have an opinion.

#HBC | ѕoup

Nich's play is so methodical and robot-like that I just want to read his efforts as townie. I'm not sure how it feel about the pushes themselves because of that however, because I feel his cases on both are just kind of...hollow and..kind of weird. He comes to conclusions about both slots based on a predetermined read instead of thinking about them as a whole. I don't really see this mastermind plan from Gorf that he mentioned in his #738 about how he wanted brownie townie points or something like that in case Kantrip flipped town so he would look better. I don't think anyone would that deeply into this, but again this is Nich we're talking about.

Nich, what do you make of my read on Ruy? Is it not enough? Am I missing something or wrong to be reading him the way I am right now?

My read on Gorf honestly is null, mostly because I don't really care about him at the moment. I like what he's been doing for the most part, and that's that.

#HBC | ѕoup

Huh. I caught up. Imagine that. That wasn't painful at all.

#HBC | ѕoup

soup's okay.

Dislike RTL. Dislike Circus. Iffy on Dietz still but less scummy than I thought before. Still don't like Joker but I think I'm tunneling. Everyone else is either okay or I don't have an opinion.
Please answer me if you get the time do so.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
I see it differently. Townies tunnel but they do with a motivation, with a reason. What is Kantplay's reason to tunnel PJB only other to make himself look better? Do you really buy that he could come up with, again, six points as to why PJB was scummy? His tunnel had no merit and he's not realy bothering to progress the read either. He has sat there and said 'PJB is scum' but has not really done anything about it. I seen a couple of times where they get mad at each other but it really is just Kantplay antagonizing him and trying to snowball reasoning as to why his vote was justified in the first place/ (See: how he was picking apart PJB's word choice)
Town tunnel because they think the guy is scum, scum tunnel either because they think they can get a mislynch, or because they think it would look townie. After going through the case and his thought process, it honestly seems to me like extremely-mistaken town is a possibility. That said, he's currently null for me.

Regarding Gorf, the main force of my argument was that his defense of Kantrip just didn't make sense. That said, his explanation
This was my first tell for townKantrip. Obv he hadn't read up to where I came clean about not having a read on em cuz the rest of his posts were in succession, and he was able to understand my line of thought perfectly. I feel like, as scum, seeing that pressure at all from... I think it was like three people?... would deter you from empathizing with somebody from a townie's POV, and that it'd be all about dat defense. Rather, he's reading people. He took this wagon as an opportunity to read people immediately.

This is another conclusion that just feels really townie to make. At first he was scum reading Raz for derailing the wagon, but then realizes that the conclusion he came to isn't one that a scummy would make. As scum at this point in reading I don't think it'd be possible to follow the mindset of "Raziek legitimately thinks I have info that he's town as town, lemme give him the slip." Idk, that just feels so townie to me.

His PJB read on the top of pg 8 is reachy at worst, but not illogical, ESPECIALLY if you consider Rake's pg 3 case on Kantrip to be logical.

And then they get into the rake effect. From there is where most find their scum read on Kantrip I believe, but honestly when you're thrown into a battle of words with somebody, you're gonna say dumb, and emotion driven shiz. That's what's been the worst of Kantrip's play in my eyes.
makes me feel a bit better about his slot. I don't think he's the play for now, but if Kantrip does flip scum, Gorf will definitely be someone to look at.

Anyway, regarding Ryu, here's my question. What reads can you name from his slot that actually have reasoning behind them? He's shown up and posted a lot, but he's only ever really pushed Joker. Even that push was him jumping on to someone else's wagon, and when a bunch of people started calling said wagon stupid, he jumped off. In short, his play looks a lot like safe scum trying to blend into the crowd, as I can't think of a single original push from his slot this game.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Yeah which is why people who play like that draw cop and vig shots.

Gorf I'm not saying people like this have to say their life story, but flipping the bird constantly at people doesn't help at getting support per say.
If this is @ the video don't sweat it my friend showed me that and I was just BEGGING or an opportunity to use it in mafia

#HBC | Gorf

@ soup for my laundry read, read first questions later. Oh and Dietz has a restriction where he must have a vote on someone during hammer, so that's why his vote is there iirc. I don't think he's scum reading the slot.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Elaborate. I don't get how you're playing this game, potato. You're nice with some people, and you're condescending with others. You treat JD like he's some kid who can't play mafia or something, and you almost baby him. Why the hell would you ask him a question like 'What's my scum intent' or whatever the ****?
What requires elaboration? If it's "expand on and explain all your reads" then no. I'll do three, you choose which ones.

I'm playing like **** this game because I don't care about my appearance. No it's not intentional which is why I'm a little frustrated at the wagon on me which I think is unfounded since it basically started because people didn't like my reasoning for a push at the start of D1. What kind of ****ty scummer puts their neck on the line early D1 for a mislynch on Joker? People are so stupid when it comes to reading into scum vs town motivation. Gorf and Nich are the only ones who seem to get it.

Don't mistake my attempts to speak politely as attempts to treat everyone like they're on the same playing field. Jdietz needed babying because he legit didn't understand what was happening. I explained it to him like he was 5 and he changed his vote, so either something got through or he's scum faking it. It could be either one.

I'd ask someone to tell me what my scum intent is because it makes them reflect on it and, lo and behold, Dietz unvoted and realized he couldn't see any scum intent!

Kantrip

Kantplay
Kantplay really does seem like he's trying hard to be town but he can't do it. His reasoning on PJB seems garbled and rushed, and more importantly, it reaches to the ****ing heavens.

He manages to something compile six points about PJB over one simple post which somehow is totally and completely telling for PJB to be scum. I sympathize for PJB in a way because it seemed like he was just trying to get answers, and potato just ignores him and keeps slinging mud at him instead of having somewhat of a fruitful and meaningful discussion. Overall, PJB looks more levelheaded while Potato just looks bad.
Have you ever even seen my play as scum? When on earth have I "tried really hard to be town" but couldn't do it? PJB looks level-headed to you, I agree. Except it looks like level-headed scum because of the fake insults and anger he was throwing out. Let me remind you that he was angry and insulting me before I got really dumb. Before I started trying to goad him into getting angrier. Back when all I said is I don't like one of his posts. His accusation that "and then I remembered he's bad" was not a joke. It was a legitimate attempt to brush me off and downplay the wagon I intended to start on him. He couldn't see any interpretation other than I was scum while I was actually misreading his post, and this was because he was still tunneling a scumread off of Rake's case. The problem I have with that is Rake's case was so bad that anyone who actually let it influence them to scumread me is probably scum themselves. Because scum like to hold onto reads and are less likely to change them.

Kantrip

Kantplay
LOL tunneling to make me look better? You're a riot soupy ol' pal

Kantrip

Kantplay
???? You dislike Dietz now?

Website went down and screwed up my catch-up :mad:
trying to get him to stop fence sitting by calling him out I actually have no idea what to think of that slot because it was so easy for me to get him to unvote me and vote joker and then so easy for him to jump the other way again and he's just going where the wind blows which right now is right down the middle of the giant *** crevasse formed between me and joker and he's just sitting in it like "yo sup"

#HBC | Gorf

Why is it a thing for people to make, like,, whole posts without using periods or commas or ANY punctuation? Like... ****.

#HBC | ѕoup

Potato said:
What requires elaboration? If it's "expand on and explain all your reads" then no. I'll do three, you choose which ones.
I'm not asking for paragraphs, I'm just asking for a concrete stance. Your reads as of right now are without any explanation besides PJB that you have been clinging too for the whole game. Even then, where does your read stand with him now? Why aren't you taking the opportunity to settle your beef with PJB instead of coming in here and getting all snarky wtih me? You're in no position to bargain.

I can play the same way though! Are you being evasive towards me with such a simple question because you have no justifiable reason for your reads and you cannot come up with a proper explanation for them because you're scum? :bee: The ball is in your court Potato and you're about to be DUNKED on if you don't do something soon. :gova:

I'm playing like **** this game
Stopped reading there. Fix that. I'm not going to town-read you because you want me to. Put some serious effort in instead of telling me that I'm wrong for reading you the way I am. I'm not going to accept your play as any reason to town-read you, it's scummy. Simple as that.

Don't mistake my attempts to speak politely as attempts to treat everyone like they're on the same playing field. Jdietz needed babying because he legit didn't understand what was happening. I explained it to him like he was 5 and he changed his vote, so either something got through or he's scum faking it. It could be either one.
Could be either one? You responded earlier to LawnRake earlier that you had JD in the 'die' list, and you've stated dislike for him. Why are you hesitating on your own read?

I'd ask someone to tell me what my scum intent is because it makes them reflect on it and, lo and behold, Dietz unvoted and realized he couldn't see any scum intent!
And what does this tell you? What did you get out of JD's interaction that made you dislike him? I shouldn't be having to ask you these things Potato, if you're town you should be explaining these things yourself.

#HBC | ѕoup

Have you ever even seen my play as scum? When on earth have I "tried really hard to be town" but couldn't do it? PJB looks level-headed to you, I agree. Except it looks like level-headed scum because of the fake insults and anger he was throwing out. Let me remind you that he was angry and insulting me before I got really dumb. Before I started trying to goad him into getting angrier. Back when all I said is I don't like one of his posts. His accusation that "and then I remembered he's bad" was not a joke. It was a legitimate attempt to brush me off and downplay the wagon I intended to start on him. He couldn't see any interpretation other than I was scum while I was actually misreading his post, and this was because he was still tunneling a scumread off of Rake's case. The problem I have with that is Rake's case was so bad that anyone who actually let it influence them to scumread me is probably scum themselves. Because scum like to hold onto reads and are less likely to change them.
If you're both town you're both being ****ing *******. That's how I feel. Your argument on him can be summarized with dislike or some sort of bad blood maybe, because I don't see how this is supposed to change my opinion. I really want you to take off the tunnel goggles for a minute, maybe even go sit in the corner and think about how you really feel about PJB. After that, I want you two to say you're sorry and hug it out, and then calmly, taking turns, explain what you dislike or what upset you about PJB.

I'm sorry, but you really are acting like a child who isn't getting his way, I was in legitimate laughter reading some of your posts, the whole interaction was just downright hilarious. It was like watching two kids getting mad over who stole the last pudding pop in the fridge and trying to pin the blame on the other.

#HBC | ѕoup

EBWOP:

Bolded: Oh? Who else do you believe fits this description at the moment? In what way is this specifically incriminating? What about Raz who has town-read you blindly the whole game? Is it just because he town-reads you?

@Ninja

You really want to die don't you lol

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Soup, can you give me your thoughts on Ryu? Apologies if you posted it somewhere and I missed it.

Rajam

Smash Champion
Damn alright I can dig it.

Vote: Kantrip

I also don't like the way he smells but that's neither here nor there.
This is a reasonable hop. Gorf, upon realizing there are points to push against me, wants to add pressure to it to get me to react.

The push from Rake is null, but I do know that Laundry has a fair grasp on my meta and him agreeing with the push is a little telling to me in the townie direction too.
What the hell is this

I mean who the hell justifies votes against themselves so... without a doubt

BadWolf do you think this is weird, in a scummy sense?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
What the hell is this

I mean who the hell justifies votes against themselves so... without a doubt

BadWolf do you think this is weird, in a scummy sense?
What?

You can people as town who are voting you. Just because they are voting you that doesn't make them scum.

Dislike a lot.

Top Bottom