• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Megaman Unlimited Mafia - Day 6 begins! No one killed!

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Nah I think(?) I interpreted the first one right butI garbled the response's meaning wrt Joker being the one knowing about the RazTown instead of Kant.

I think the distinction in your logic I need to know is if you're thinking it's whack because Joker felt the need to point it out to Raz, or if you don't see a scenario where ScumKant tries to buddy Raz and think it's wrong for that reason.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
I feel like that post, and all of PJB's posts calling Kantrip scum at that point, are kinda all-bark-no-bite. It didn't feel like he was genuinely trying to tell Raz that he might have misinterpreted Kantrip, which iirc is evident by the fact that he later tells Raz that he's, indeed, probably misinterpreting Kantrip.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Alright I think I see where you're coming from, you don't like it because you feel like it points to him pushing Kantrip scum more than being a call to common sense at a point the Kantrip wagon had only RVS reasoning (yeah?). On that I think we'll have to agree to disagree. I feel like there's a big difference between having an RVS direction on someone and what happened later when Kantrip and PJB got into it, which Kantrip started based on that post and came out of looking awful.

As for not directly telling Raz he's sipping coocoo juice versus saying what he said, you don't think that this post you had directly before it summed up pretty much all that could be said besides PJB reminding Raz that information =/= town? These posts were made at the same time, so it's likely he did not read yours before making his: but the point stands it was obvious to most of us that Raziek was reaching some conclusions way too fast on very little.

Raz that's a stretch. Sure it's an OS game and YA NEVER KNOW, but why would somebody with that information crumb/out it so quickly like that? When I read him talking to you and him saying that I saw it as just him saying something that sounded funny. I don't think he ACTUALLY meant that he had information of you being a townie. It's like that stupid thing Rake does whenever he pulls the dongs of Dietz/Ruy and calls em town bros right off the bat in a game. I mean sure I can be wrong but I doubt I am.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
And I better not be wrong about this, because if I am and PJB flips scum later, scumteam is going to have a field day with these posts

#HBC | Gorf

And the fact is I don't feel like my feels for scumPJB are strong enough prior to PJB vs Kantrip to warrant a vote, but that I'm willing to accept that both him and Kantrip were thrown into the rake effect, thus making them both look bad from outside perspectives. I actually really like what PJB said about circus soon after I unvoted him, and it makes me wanna lay off of him more to see how his play develops without dumbness.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'd like to hear what some other people are thinking now (we've still got a Xatres replacement to read eventually), I think both of our opinions are pretty well stated at this point.

I'mma call it here for today

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Nich asking me to prove myself as town isn't my main concern over trying to form.

If your asking me to tell you how my posts are content or not, then it's not going to happen.

I will explain my reads and why I think they are what they are, but that's really all I will give on that question.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Votecount:

Potassium (5) - Rajam, PJB, YOLOSWAG, YOLOSWAG, RakeTheLawndry
PJB (1) - Potassium,
RakeTheLawndry (2) - JDietz43, Gorf,

Not voting: Raziek, Soup, Nicholas1024, Circus, BadWolf, Red Ryu,

Votes required to lynch: 7/13

Soup replaces in for Xatres effective immediately.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
ome in with the force of a gatling gun, strapped to the gill
staring down the room with a licence to kill

(I've replaced xatres)

#HBC | ѕoup

I have a couple of random notes and gut leads from viewing this game back in the Green Room, but nothing particularly sufficient. I agree with the votes on Potato right now, but I want to do some digging of my own. I'm gonna be bringing up some buried topics and posts, but they're relevant to me right now so I would like some cooperation.

#HBC | ѕoup

To be fair, everyone knew that case wasn't going ****ing anywhere.... At this point I think we should be less concerned about the case and more concerned as to why Raz is being a meat shield.

:applejack:
Did you ever elaborate on what you meant by this? Raz being a meat shield? Do you believe that Raz is chainsawing his partner here? I can only assume that's what you meant here.

#HBC | ѕoup

Rake's early play wasn't that great, but most of Laundry's posts and arguments I have tended to agree with and like. He's preemptive town until I see anything to change, which is unlikely. (I'm around post #204) by this time.

Circus, I see you getting real hot and bothered this game, and I'm concerned. You're itching and claiming for vigshots and yelling at everyone who gives you a bad look. More importantly, you seem to hate how YOLO claimed his role. Is there anything besides his role that is making you dislike his slot?

#HBC | ѕoup

I don't find Raz town at all at your second point though. See my above quote and response to get what happened there. Still totally null on him but his response to my joke spurred something witty out of me.
Dislike intently.

I forget if my vote is on Raziek or not. To be sure:

Vote: Raziek
This post is gross.

vote: Joker
Potato, this doesn't make a lick of sense. You went from a null read on Raziek to just voting him on some intent that you don'teven manage to elaborate on...and then you vote Joker just like that? What was even the point for voting in the first place? If you were null on Raz, then I don't understand why you wouldn't want to question him or perhaps get into his head before deciding if he was more than null, but instead, you just voted him. That's not even the worse part though, it's your vote after which it's like you decided that your own vote sucked and you needed a better one. It's inherently scummy because you're not providing substance or reason behind this. You can't just point at something and say it's gross without explaining why it is.

#HBC | Gorf

I do that all the time. Marshy does that all the time. Not to butt in or anything but not explaining yourself isn't necessarily scummy :|

#HBC | ѕoup

Oh goodness, the Potato/Joker interaction is great. They're both kind of justifiably bad in their own right. I don't really get Joker's argument or what he wanted out of Raz. It's so pointless to talk about roles in the way he did, especially in an OS game. I've been consciously ignoring it. I still feel Kantplay is the bigger evil of the two, and it's mostly just how he went about it. I also feel like there is too much appealing to the room, especially in posts like #309 which are essentially worthless. Does anyone think Potato/Raz are aligned?

I do that all the time. Marshy does that all the time. Not to butt in or anything but not explaining yourself isn't necessarily scummy :|
I agree, it's not inherently scummy, and what matters is how Kantplay went about it, which is what I'm explaining at the moment.

#HBC | Gorf

Although I will say I didn't consider him "needing a better vote" after unvoting Raz but I'll let you rock da boat for a while n see which way you tip.

#HBC | ѕoup

Kantplay really does seem like he's trying hard to be town but he can't do it. His reasoning on PJB seems garbled and rushed, and more importantly, it reaches to the ****ing heavens.

1. Wording is off
2. I think he's trying to tell Raziek that Raziek is making too many assumptions because he's not considering the possibility of me being scum with Raziek and calling him confirmed town because we're on a team
3. The above sounds gross just typing it out and I'd love for Joker to prove me wrong but that seemed like what he was saying to me
4. Oh yeah there's the fact that he's trying to convince Raziek why Raziek is scum. No one is ever legitimately trying to hunt for scum when they tell someone something like that. It's a very fake post
5. Yes I'm purposely making points that aren't points to bloat the case and make it more impressive than it is
6. I actually don't like some of his other posts either one sec
He manages to something compile six points about PJB over one simple post which somehow is totally and completely telling for PJB to be scum. I sympathize for PJB in a way because it seemed like he was just trying to get answers, and potato just ignores him and keeps slinging mud at him instead of having somewhat of a fruitful and meaningful discussion. Overall, PJB looks more levelheaded while Potato just looks bad.

#HBC | ѕoup

JD preemptive town simply for agreement and excellent summary of Potato's play up to #366.

#HBC | ѕoup

So you think I'm trying to get Joker lynched off of this already?

I disagree with saying I'm play any sort of "woe is me" game. I'm just trying to be polite because I'm usually pretty rude, and now I'm realizing how uncooperative people can be when none of us have any reason to believe each other are scum yet and town is going to win by being nice to each other and cooperating.

Anyways, I've had a lot of thread time and think other people need to shine, I'll let more weigh in on my interactions with Joker and Dietz and hang back until I see more stuff worth commenting on.
Kantplay, you keep announcing what you're going to do instead of just ****ing doing it. Who are you talking to? Remember that appeal to the room thing I was going on about earlier? It's what you're doing.

#HBC | ѕoup

... Honestly yes at first but the more I argue about it the dumber a scum plan for Kantscum to go for it seems. I'm going to go re-read the interactions...
Don't look at it like that. You were dead-on with your original assumptions made about his play. Kantplay is not playing for the endgame right now, he's playing to survive. He was looking for something to latch on and he coupled in a bunch of crap reasons and tried very hard to justify his vote. It's not about getting Joker lynched, it's about looking townie, and Kantplay isn't good at it.

#HBC | ѕoup

Okay I definitely missed that line where he called you bad at the game when he first came in to respond, that explains "offensive". I honestly thought you were trying to ruffle his feathers on purpose in your responseswithout having it been warranted in a "why u mad tho" sort of troll way.

Vote: PJB

I'll help you out here
That being said, you suddenly decided Potato was town because of your interaction with him? He hardly did anything noteworthy at all and I want to know why he changed your opinion. I also really really don't like how you're kinda contradicting yourself? Didn't you say in your post where you voted Potato that he was trying too hard to paint PJB in a scummy manner, but you vote with him anyway? What about his reasoning or perhaps the discussion you had with him made you think otherwise?

#HBC | ѕoup

Live: Gorf, Raz, Dietz, Nich, YOLO, Me

No clue: Ruy, Xatres, RTL, Circus

Meh: Badwolf, Rajam

Die: Joker
Elaborate. I don't get how you're playing this game, potato. You're nice with some people, and you're condescending with others. You treat JD like he's some kid who can't play mafia or something, and you almost baby him. Why the hell would you ask him a question like 'What's my scum intent' or whatever the ****?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Yeah which is why people who play like that draw cop and vig shots.

Gorf I'm not saying people like this have to say their life story, but flipping the bird constantly at people doesn't help at getting support per say.

#HBC | ѕoup

Well, it wasn't for no reason. Badwolf is one of those easy targets by nature for people to find scummy, and is one of those people that, if I have a town read on em (which I do), I will actively defend them so that a stupid wagon doesn't form. Badwolf's play is weird. But it's not scummy. If anything it's the kid-in-a-candy-shop effect when you're here all night and see content flow left and right about different shiz. That's not scummy. It's just stupid.
This is how I've basically felt about badwolf. I actually like him this game and it's weird. His posts aren't amazing but it looks like he's trying, I loved his attempt to try and analyze the situation betwen Raz/Kantplay, even if he never went anywhere with it.

You're doing good this game Badwolf, keep it up. :)

#HBC | ѕoup

Ruy's restriction bunk is townie to me. I feel like Ruy did exactly what he wanted to do. He wanted to have fun. He wanted to screw around and I don't feel like he's concerned getting scum-read for that reason. I could be seeing this wrong though, and if anyone has a different perspective, let me know.

#HBC | ѕoup

I give up on being a proactive player. I can't do it man, it's too hard. People think I'm scum every time I push something because for some reason I'm not allowed to feel out other slots and try to form wagons.

Seeya
truly a terrible post

#HBC | ѕoup

People scum-read Kantrip because he's playing scummy then he falls back on how he was trying something different therefore it's no longer scummy

lol forever

#HBC | ѕoup

yo it's even funnier he says he's gone and then he posts like two posts afterwards

and then continues to somehow keep reaching at pjb

you two need to get a room

#HBC | ѕoup

I'm gonna keep reading but my vote is probably going for Potato. Those two have scum in it. There's no denying it and I don't believe Kantplay would push his partner in the way he has. I'm worried about Raz and Rajam at the moment. I

#HBC | ѕoup

Agreeing with Gorf a lot here.

As an aside, on Kantrip, I don't think this playstyle attempt-change makes sense from a scumKantrip's perspective, I having just recently been Traitor in that game where he was scum... G3S4. Scumtrip was doing absolutely fine at blending UNTIL he had an awful reaction to a pre-mature claim, which brought him under fire and he got lynched due to floundering.

His style was able to work just fine as scum, but he WAS having pointed problems (that I and others had commented on) that as Town he never made many moves to obtain reads himself. That's something that MAKES SENSE for him to try to change as Town. It feels very unlikely to me that scumTassium comes into a game thinking "I'm going to play super active and see how that works out for me", only to totally double back on that choice.

MY ONLY PROBLEM with this whole sequence is his temper tantrum. That's the thing that doesn't fit. ScumTassium has no reason to pull such a blatant 180 and draw attention to his frustration, rather than simply continuing. From TownTassium's perspective it looks like legitimate frustration.

What it comes down to for me at the moment is that ScumTassium has very little reason to visibly and obviously switch directions so much. He'd either commit to the idea or simply not do it. The actual switching is what makes it seem genuine to me, but that's something Townies DO.
It might not, but you can't really get into his head or what his plan was. I'm reading him off his play right now not this Janky meta crap. What about the previous arguments made against him? Get back to me especially about how I feel about Potato. I don't like your defense of him but I don't think you're stupid and would go to these lengths to town-read your partner.

#HBC | ѕoup

RakeTheLawndry (2) - JDietz43, Gorf,
oh yo what the **** happened here i've been liking laundry side of the hydra for awhile now

gorf lay on me what made you vote them

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Yeah which is why people who play like that draw cop and vig shots.

Gorf I'm not saying people like this have to say their life story, but flipping the bird constantly at people doesn't help at getting support per say.
What I am saying here is at some point, you have to give leeway so people can read you.

Otherwise, why should they trust you?

Top Bottom