• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Megaman Unlimited Mafia - Day 6 begins! No one killed!

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Do you have a read on him yet?
outside of foolish, and behind? Not really.

Rajam is kind of in that Vinyl realm where I don't think I'm going to be able to follow his logic. I guess maybe he looks townie, since he's trying to make reads? I'm not really willing to make a definitive call on him, but I guess that's where I'm at. He doesn't seem like he's scummy, he's just not keeping up.

Kantrip

Kantplay
outside of foolish, and behind? Not really.

Rajam is kind of in that Vinyl realm where I don't think I'm going to be able to follow his logic. I guess maybe he looks townie, since he's trying to make reads? I'm not really willing to make a definitive call on him, but I guess that's where I'm at. He doesn't seem like he's scummy, he's just not keeping up.
What do you think of his #831?

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I do think it's potentially scummy, and I'm pretty sure Ruy thought so as well.
HOW?

He already said, he doesn't see how a person can understand why someone else scum reads them. He's wrong, but ok, let's go with that line of logic for a minute. In Rajam's head, it's impossible. So why are you townreading him? He thinks something is going on, where you're faking reads on your scum buddies, maybe? Who knows?

The real question is, what does he stand to gain, as scum, by making that silly post? Is he gonna drive a wagon on you now? Oh wait, that's already happening, and he doesn't need to make up new silly reasoning. He's just reading things, and stating his thoughts.

Hey, I'm actually pretty good at this. Rajam is a lot easier to read than Vinyl.

Kantrip

Kantplay
It's funny how much of that reasoning for why there's no possible scum intent applies to my push on you.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Except that you started the push on me by making up reasons, where there were none. Rajam would have no reason to make up fake reasons to vote you, because there's plenty of real ones at this point.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Rake made a case on me making up reasons which you bought into and which caused you to tunnel me so that when I made a push against you for a post that I misinterpreted you acted very abrasive and neglected to realize the possible townie motives behind my posts.

Can you at least admit this?

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
@Everyone
Thoughts on my #738, particularly Red Ryu and Gorf? I don't make big walls like that for them to be ignored.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Rake made a case on me making up reasons which you bought into and which caused you to tunnel me so that when I made a push against you for a post that I misinterpreted you acted very abrasive and neglected to realize the possible townie motives behind my posts.

Can you at least admit this?
I didn't tunnel you, I defended myself from you tunneling me, which turned a "I'm suspicious of Kantrip" read into a "wow, scum reaching so ****ing hard" read. You spent hours trying to rustle my jimmies on purpose. Can you admit to this?

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Don't look at it like that. You were dead-on with your original assumptions made about his play. Kantplay is not playing for the endgame right now, he's playing to survive. He was looking for something to latch on and he coupled in a bunch of crap reasons and tried very hard to justify his vote. It's not about getting Joker lynched, it's about looking townie, and Kantplay isn't good at it.
That being said, you suddenly decided Potato was town because of your interaction with him? He hardly did anything noteworthy at all and I want to know why he changed your opinion. I also really really don't like how you're kinda contradicting yourself? Didn't you say in your post where you voted Potato that he was trying too hard to paint PJB in a scummy manner, but you vote with him anyway? What about his reasoning or perhaps the discussion you had with him made you think otherwise?
Yeah not my most shining moment this game judgement wise. I started to feel the peer pressure of having all of the slots to weighing in at the time siding with Kantrip (Badwolf, Gorf, Ryu, Kantrip) and started to think maybe there was a reason no one had chimed in on the side I saw. I got disheartened by Kant's argument of "why would I do this so early as scum" because he made it sound so "obvious" like I was being dense, because he would be self destructing to outright try an early lynch even though I should have recognized the argument as a lame reason to validate bad play retroactively. I lost my confidence and read the interactions again, this time trying to see a pro-Kantrip/Badwolf side, and started to attribute Badwolf's read of "offensive = defensive" to Joker calling Kantrip bad and started seeing that as the origin of the argument and reason for Kantrip's jabs instead of Kantrip goading. I started to doubt my ability to read the situation when I should have stuck to my guns. I felt like since I wasn't sure of the situation anymore and couldn't unvote the least I could do to contribute to a decision while gone was put my vote on the other side for some pressure while I thought it over since I didn't think either side was in danger. I think that was my biggest mistake in handling my read, because It sent entirely the wrong message about what I was thinking and made it seem like I had no qualms with Kantrip anymore just because I let myself get swayed when that wasn't really true either. I should have just voted someone else as a placeholder instead of feeling forced to make a snap judgement call then and there to not risk unvote killing myself. It makes me feel stupid every time I see it now and read how much people agreed with my pre-doubt case on Kantrip, but what happened happened and I made a fool of myself.

I'm especially dissapointed because it left room for Kantrip to make posts like this now and pretend they're justified:

What requires elaboration? If it's "expand on and explain all your reads" then no. I'll do three, you choose which ones.

I'm playing like **** this game because I don't care about my appearance. No it's not intentional which is why I'm a little frustrated at the wagon on me which I think is unfounded since it basically started because people didn't like my reasoning for a push at the start of D1. What kind of ****ty scummer puts their neck on the line early D1 for a mislynch on Joker? People are so stupid when it comes to reading into scum vs town motivation. Gorf and Nich are the only ones who seem to get it.

Don't mistake my attempts to speak politely as attempts to treat everyone like they're on the same playing field. Jdietz needed babying because he legit didn't understand what was happening. I explained it to him like he was 5 and he changed his vote, so either something got through or he's scum faking it. It could be either one.

I'd ask someone to tell me what my scum intent is because it makes them reflect on it and, lo and behold, Dietz unvoted and realized he couldn't see any scum intent!
Don't mistake me having a one time lapse in judgement in vote placement and response evaluation late at night with not seeing any scum intent in what you did. You're tripping if you think I don't intend to lynch you toDay after all I've posted before and since.

If you misrepresent people any harder this game we're going to have to start calling you Kantrip the politician.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
@Everyone
Thoughts on my #738, particularly Red Ryu and Gorf? I don't make big walls like that for them to be ignored.
Imo if Kantrip flips scum Gorf looks better than Ryu, not the other way around. Gorf at least took the time to explain everything he felt to me and there's some logic in it. Ryu merely unvoted and nothing more.

I didn't tunnel you, I defended myself from you tunneling me, which turned a "I'm suspicious of Kantrip" read into a "wow, scum reaching so ****ing hard" read. You spent hours trying to rustle my jimmies on purpose. Can you admit to this?
Technically speaking he already did, and I'm surprised no one else commented on it yet:
[...] Let me remind you that he was angry and insulting me before I got really dumb. Before I started trying to goad him into getting angrier.[...]

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
for those that think "why would Kantrip, as scum, try to go so hard with a ridiculous reach on Joker, right out of the gate, to try and get him lynched?"

This is what I honestly think happened. In E&A, Kantrip went in on me early, and got me to make a minor slip. From that point forward, I got a little flustered, and dug myself into a hole. I eventually cleaned up my act a little (not well enough to fake any scum reads, which I honestly don't think was possible at that point in the game), and managed to fight my way out of the hole. Ryker and WashedLaundry, however, ruthlessly bussed me into the ground, and refused to let me get away, despite having gotten everyone but Kantrip off my back.

Kantrip honestly thinks he drove that lynch, and he figured by getting in my face and rustling my jimmies, he could do it again. Maybe you think that's a stretch, or a reach, but I think it happened. He's even already compared my play to E&A, so he can just point to that when I flip town. I think he got too antsy for his own good, and went in on me entirely too early, thinking he had a concrete slab of bull**** to push me on. When he found out it was actually weak, and founded on a misconception, he figured he was already in too deep to back off, or he'd look bad for dropping the push.

Right now I think he's just trying to avoid his lynch by pretending to be diplomatic with me. He's also trying to throw our attention on Rajam, for some reason? Rajam is a pretty easy push to make, with very little risk involved. Some people will even be willing to lynch him just because they view him as a liability. He's realized his mistake of tunneling me, so he's looking for something to push that's not me. If you honestly believe he thinks Rajam is a good push to make, or that he's actually been suspicious at all, you're crazy.

I'm all for looking elsewhere for the remainder of the day, but DO NOT LET KANTRIP OFF THE HOOK. He's getting lynched today, we all know it. Don't start a new wagon.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
@Everyone
I kind of agree with you on Ryu, but I don't think I do on Gorf.

From the moment Ryu revealed that he didn't have that picture posting restriction, I thought "Well that's some bull****, he just gave himself an excuse to play a 100% reactionary game." All he had to do was quote things, and post gifs responding to those things. It seemed hella lame, and legit scummy.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I'm glad Nich pointed out that even after he dropped the act, he's still been playing all reactionary, and providing new content. It was more of a brief thought I had at his reveal, and it's proven to still be true. I'm not about to let him hide behind an argument of "But guys, I was just having FUN! You don't hate FUN do you?"

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
I know it's tempting to just lynch lol, but we still do have some interpretations to get out of people before we pull the trigger on the lynch. Soup at least has definitely chimed in though so that's one down.

I think if I hear one last check-in from Raziek, Yolo, and Circus then I'll be down for ending the day

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
When, during the whole claim schpeal thing?

I said I agreed with you on this point and that I wanted to get a read on em, and actually (TIME TO TWIST THINGS TO FIT MY READ LAUNDRY BETTER CALL ME ON THIS!) I can see a scumLaundrake using this claim to his advantage and honestly CAN'T see the town intent behind this claim so early. If I were him with this restriction the first thing I'd think is "draw the NK, and this accomplishes the complete opposite. Scum would keep a town bomb around, which justifies him staying alive, and town won't want em lynched because well ****.

Btw before you say that my case is a reach cmon bro. This is D1. EVERYTHING in the history of mafia ever is a reach on D1. It's all about reaching for the right shiz :cool:
...so you don't see why reaching for a reason to lynch the claimed town bomb is not only a bad idea but also futile?

Say you get your way right now. Town agrees WashRake is the best lynch. Who's gonna hammer? Are you volunteering? I mean if you're that confident that WashRake is DEFINITELY scum, you should have no problem with it, right?

I share your sentiments on the claim, as I've expressed before, but this is a nowhere wagon.

Technically speaking he already did, and I'm surprised no one else commented on it yet:
I seem to have actually missed this entirely. Can you link the post you're quoting this from?

Rake the Lawndry

Rake.|Laundary
also i wasn't "ill" , I was having back spasms again. I'll write up a longer post on why kantrip is scum tomorrow.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Reading the quote in context, it doesn't come off as a slip exactly. It comes off as Kantrip falling victim to some real human frustration with a player he has some history and therefor making some unabashadly anti-town, personal decisions. It stopped being about lynching PJB the player and started being about taking down PJB the dgamer.

Kantrip is still scum (seriously, the flailing and the martyrdom is strong with this one). But I think there's some personal **** in the works here regardless. The fire between the two slots looks genuine, which at least eliminates the possibility of SvS in my mind (it was never a likely option).

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I don't think it's personal. I just think Kantrip thought he could step to me, and was sadly mistaken. It was a poor tactical decision on his part, not a personal one.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
also i wasn't "ill" , I was having back spasms again. I'll write up a longer post on why kantrip is scum tomorrow.
Really not necessary. He's going to be the lynch toDay. That's without a fact, but that doesn't mean that isn't things that can't be done today that should be put off for ToMorrow.

Nich, I'll look into it when I have a fresher head and I'm not so tired. I'm impulsively posting at the moment because I do notice that (some) of my questions have yet to been answered.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Reading the quote in context, it doesn't come off as a slip exactly. It comes off as Kantrip falling victim to some real human frustration with a player he has some history and therefor making some unabashadly anti-town, personal decisions. It stopped being about lynching PJB the player and started being about taking down PJB the dgamer.

Kantrip is still scum (seriously, the flailing and the martyrdom is strong with this one). But I think there's some personal **** in the works here regardless. The fire between the two slots looks genuine, which at least eliminates the possibility of SvS in my mind (it was never a likely option).
Alright, I don't know anything about any history between them so I'll take your word for it for now. I don't think I plan on not making Kantrip my lynch choice either way.

Also I got ninja'd on arrows of quote power (but I'd hate to know what Circus's fact checking life was like before knowing about this feature lol)

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Actually potato you could choose to just answer the glaringly obvious posts made to you instead or trying to pretend you have any dignity left at all, it would really help and I would expect you to want to do these things on your but you're clearly scum and trying not to give any of your partners away :)

Top Bottom