• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Megaman Unlimited Mafia - Day 6 begins! No one killed!

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Have you taken in consideration of how he's handled Kantplay too? I agree that something about Circus this game is off, and I feel like he's spitting fire but it just seems like it doesn't have a purpose.
Not really, I could see it being a bus though. Circus was one of the earlier adopters on the kantrip wagon, but all that really means is that he realized it would be necessary before everyone got on board.

I would absolutely love it if Circus started doing more than just checking in on the thread once a day. He's made his opinion on kantrip sufficiently known, but earlier he had issues with YOLO's play, did he not? Why'd he stop addressing that? Still feel like he's lurking in the shadows.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I check in once a day because that's all I usually have time for. I only get a chance to really sit down at a computer and read in the late evening and even that's not always a guarantee. A couple of days ago I actually really didn't even want to come on because I'd had a really long night, but I didn't want the pages of content I'd missed to pile up anymore than I assumed they already had.

I have issues with yolo's play, but I also just have issues with the way both of yolo's heads always play. My main issue with yolo right now is not that the slot is scum (although I think it's very plausible, especially with Kantrip scum, which is why I want to make a point that nothing about them or their claim or whatever should be giving anyone town vibes), but that the slot is a majorly unreadable, unhelpful headache. That he has so much swing in the votecounts just adds fuel to my flaming paranoia.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
How many players in this game are at Apex and should we be expecting them to post at all during this time?

Because I think Raz is and at least one of Yolo's heads is and they're some of the ones that I still want to hear from regarding recent events.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
...so you don't see why reaching for a reason to lynch the claimed town bomb is not only a bad idea but also futile?

Say you get your way right now. Town agrees WashRake is the best lynch. Who's gonna hammer? Are you volunteering? I mean if you're that confident that WashRake is DEFINITELY scum, you should have no problem with it, right?

I share your sentiments on the claim, as I've expressed before, but this is a nowhere wagon.

I seem to have actually missed this entirely. Can you link the post you're quoting this from?
Shiz, if you put it that way, I'd be willing to have somebody like Kantrip or somebody hammer. Are you proposing that we can't lynch them regardless of alignment?

Really not necessary. He's going to be the lynch toDay. That's without a fact, but that doesn't mean that isn't things that can't be done today that should be put off for ToMorrow.

Nich, I'll look into it when I have a fresher head and I'm not so tired. I'm impulsively posting at the moment because I do notice that (some) of my questions have yet to been answered.
No, he's doing this to benefit my read on Rake. I'm asking him what damned Kantrip from his original original case, the one that he said is lynch worthy for Kantrip. If Kantrip flips scum then I don't see a problem with LaundRake. But if he's town that's exactly where I'm looking, and that pg 3 case is bugging me about LaundRake. So yea it is necessary just letting you know.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Shiz, if you put it that way, I'd be willing to have somebody like Kantrip or somebody hammer. Are you proposing that we can't lynch them regardless of alignment?
No, but I think a claim like bomb needs to be handled delicately assuming a vig doesn't do the safe thing and just take it out. If WashRake is alive D2/D3, then we at least have some Night Actions and more posts to try to distinguish alignment. I don't think D1 is the time to come to a conclusion on that slot.

#HBC | Gorf

I suppose there's no denying that. In that case, I guess I don't see anyone being gracious about letting Kantrip off the noose. The majority of the thread has already expressed Kantrip > PJB, and I don't wanna just sit around waiting for the lynch to happen. I'm sure you'll get the numbers for his lynch, so I'll go ahead and feel out LaundRake with the time allotted toDay knowing that his lynch won't happen toDay.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
How many players in this game are at Apex and should we be expecting them to post at all during this time?

Because I think Raz is and at least one of Yolo's heads is and they're some of the ones that I still want to hear from regarding recent events.
You got me while I am waiting in between pool matches.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Yolo, for real, explain that Jdietz read at least.

#HBC | Gorf

If I'm not mistaken he was the pioneer behind the Dietz-flip-flop campaign, like, I'm positive he did bring it up earlier in thread. Idk if anything recent has built it/weakened it but I mean who will ever know am I right?

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Well, I mean, we could know.

If he just told us.

Instead of us just spitballin'.

Givin' him excuses and such.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Potato, can you give me an updated read on Raziek?
Worried at his absence but still trying to find a reason he would think that I had mod information on him which is why I want him to answer that question instead of people forgetting about the fact that that was a very strange (not scummy, but strange) logic jump to make.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I hate how I try to step back and talk to Joker without shoving my scumread in his face and he finds a way to call that scummy.

Just lynch me pls, hope for good connections

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Worried at his absence but still trying to find a reason he would think that I had mod information on him which is why I want him to answer that question instead of people forgetting about the fact that that was a very strange (not scummy, but strange) logic jump to make.
if it's not scummy, then who cares? What are you hoping to learn?

#HBC | Gorf

Look he's going to answer you this:

Finally, you'll play in a way that shows me the towniness I know your role PM contains and find some scum.
This is how he mistook you for having mod confirmed info of his alignment. He's at apex so he's not gonna be here for a while. If you wanna do... SOMETHING with this go ahead. But did you really not know he was thinking of this when you read it at first?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Votecount:

Potassium (5) - Rajam, PJB, YOLOSWAG, YOLOSWAG, RakeTheLawndry
PJB (1) - Potassium,
RakeTheLawndry (2) - JDietz43, Gorf,

Not voting: Raziek, Soup, Nicholas1024, Circus, BadWolf, Red Ryu,

Votes required to lynch: 7/13

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
If I'm not mistaken he was the pioneer behind the Dietz-flip-flop campaign, like, I'm positive he did bring it up earlier in thread. Idk if anything recent has built it/weakened it but I mean who will ever know am I right?
Nope, never even said a reason, not even when I asked. Just FoS'd me after I changed my vote to Kant and never said another word that I've seen.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Honestly if they don't start talking about it I'm just going to assume they want a half baked reason to point back to in thread to voteblock-vig me at some later date and say "But I told you guys I didn't like the slot", because that's the only direction I see this going in considering they're calling for a vig on a slot they can vig.

If that happens, don't let him survive past the day he does it assuming he doesn't start giving some really legit reasons.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yep, just ISO'd the whopping 6 posts Yolo made since the FoS, and not a comment was made.

We can assume the reason for the FoS, but that's literally as far as the insight on the hate goes.

YOLOSWAG

marshy|omni
my b i actually forgot about jdietzs restriction thatd allow me to vig him should i deem it appropriate

nevermind vig off mechanical jerkus or whiteknighting everyone and their mom raz. if i dont like jd come when it matter ill just do it myself i dont want vig wastin shots feel me

there is one thing that jds said this game that i thoroughly enjoy however

:yoloface:

Rake the Lawndry

Rake.|Laundary
No I'm not. I calls it as I sees it. In fact, lemme ask, who are your scum reads at this point? Cuz I haven't seen any form of a push or substantiation from you outside of Kantrip being scum that I can recall, but you've certainly had a lot of bark in you.
I don't really need a whole lot. I know where my damn vote is and on his flip, I gain a lot seeing how a lot of players reacted. The entire game has revolved around PJB/Potato.

You don't have **** on Kantrip from before he came back and called out PJB. In fact, I think you even said so yourself, that you were letting Rake go on his own whim and that you can "understand where he's coming from." That's mad weak yo. I do definitely think that that post I quoted of yours was your insight, but I think it's scummy.
I didn't really agree with his push but I thought he might've had something and I wanted him to push it so that I could possibly see if he was right (because Kantrip is nine times outta ten a reactionary player and can be pressured into revealing more about his motives or his alignments) and maybe see if he was getting at something. Unfortunately, you and Raz stopped that before that happened (because after EnA, I put nothing past Potato as scum, he can play townie as **** when he needs to), but his PJB push gave me something far more substantial to work with. Seeing how he handled PJB and especially how he handled JDietz was enough to convince me he was scum. Nothing Rake really did beforehand did more than put my eye on him.

Rake the Lawndry

Rake.|Laundary
Btw before you say that my case is a reach cmon bro. This is D1. EVERYTHING in the history of mafia ever is a reach on D1. It's all about reaching for the right shiz :cool:
literally still stating things that stem from your opinion "if laundry=scum, this must be true" without ever proving that initial point of i'm scum. when your case consists of "i could see him claiming this as scum for x reasons" and "his read is premediated here if he's scum" without ever actually proving that i'm scum or pointing out why i am. that's why your case is ****, you're assuming my guilt without actually proving it and pointing out the effects of that in the first place. you made the hypothesis and then moved on to note its effects without ever proving the hypothesis. c'mon gorf.

Rake the Lawndry

Rake.|Laundary
This is another post that rubbed me the wrong way before Kantrip v Joker erupted. The whole point is that Raz didn't consider that maybe Kantrip is scum, but WHY WOULD HE EVEN THINK THAT WITH THAT LOGIC? Scum would be going full ****** to do be doing that, and this post feels like a really shallow excuse to call Kantrip scum.
I still disagree with this simply because I don't think this was him trying to further his scumPotato read but rather him trying to point out how bat**** Raz's statements were.

Rake the Lawndry

Rake.|Laundary
This was my first tell for townKantrip. Obv he hadn't read up to where I came clean about not having a read on em cuz the rest of his posts were in succession, and he was able to understand my line of thought perfectly. I feel like, as scum, seeing that pressure at all from... I think it was like three people?... would deter you from empathizing with somebody from a townie's POV, and that it'd be all about dat defense. Rather, he's reading people. He took this wagon as an opportunity to read people immediately.
except this entire point is completely unhinged when you read the last line. that shot at me where he says i'm town for telling rake to do this is what really sank the wagon--potato already knew exactly why i gave rake the go ahead because he knows i know his meta. as i already said, he has a tendency to jump at times if you spook him and that can allow you to read him better than if you just leave him alone (when left alone, he will sound like town, when that may or may not be the case). in this instance, he understood exactly what we were trying to do, and so he wasn't phased at all by seeing three people vote him.

you're welcome to townread him for all of this but i take it all as null. he's doing what he should be doing but he knows enough to know that he has to do this regardless of alignment

Rake the Lawndry

Rake.|Laundary
It doesn't. He absolutely claimed a lynch only bomb. You still wanna draw the NK if you're town cuz having that role makes you a liability to town, seeing how the only way it helps town is by hoping that scum hammers you, which if Laundrake (that's your new name from now on) is town, they wouldn't rely on. Claiming that role scares town from wanting to lynch them, and creates a reason for them not to be NK'd by mafia.
pls mafia don't nk me i wanna win a game for once

Rake the Lawndry

Rake.|Laundary
I'd honestly think Laundry would wanna draw the NK as town. I've known him for as long as he's played mafia here as a guy who has absolutely no problem playing the support role for town if that's what it calls for, and when your role is anti town as a townie, that's just what you do. The problem is that it was, indeed, Laundry who jumped to claim it.
you mean the fact that if i'm townie as ****, scum has to shoot me instead of lynching me? and that's a bad thing?

Top Bottom