• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mega Man Legends 3 (Cancelled)

ƸArcher¤AngelusƷ

Smash Apprentice
So if people havent heard, Mega Man Legends 3 was recently cancelled, which is why, motivated from Operation Rainfall, Ive created this petition and a movement to boycott Capcom and help save the Blue Bomber

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/operationbluebomber/

This legend needs your help more than ever, even if you're not a fan, please help, before Capcom destroys more and more of our childhoods

*copy pasta'd*

D

Deleted member

I don't think there is ever reason to buy a system for one game.
for a handheld with 50 million billion remakes and/or spinoffs/ ******** mini-game version of original good game, i'd say legends 3 was the best 3ds was gunna offer for a while

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I bought the 3ds for zelda :troll:
How was that game anyways? Did it get 10/10s all over websites like the first one did? Is it the number 1 highest rated game now in the history of everything that is and will ever be or something?

Or did the game just turn out to be some crappy remake of sorts?

EDIT:

Woops off topic

So I'm highly disappointed this isn't going to come out. Might of gotten a 3DS for this if it had come out

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Cancelled?

This is why you don't buy new systems so soon.
Concidering the sales of it and the number of things getting canceled, one could argue that this is why more people should have bought it at launch: to stop companies rethinking the market size.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Maybe the 3Ds should have had a more appealing line up =/. I mean...SF4...Rayman were my personal interests. I lol at Pilot Wings and Nintedo Dogs.

How was that game anyways? Did it get 10/10s all over websites like the first one did? Is it the number 1 highest rated game now in the history of everything that is and will ever be or something?

Nah, I didn't buy it (or the 3ds) yet...but I know a lot of people from other game forums that did buy the 3DS simply for Zelda and were meat riding it like no other.

I have played some of it and I do have my opinions on it, but I'll keep it away from this topic.

DLO

Smash Journeyman
There are three possible things:
1)MML3 is officially cancelled, for ever.

2)Not really cancelled, it's like two years ago where everybody said that the project was cancelled. So this is a "joke" to mantain the suspance ready.

3)Not really cancelled: they scrap the 3DS idea and they make it for the Wii U.
I sincerely hope it's 2 or 3, even if i'm not a fan of this game.

Sariku

Smash Master
According to Capcom-Unity, they said that the game is canned for good, and that the characters and other things the fans have sent in that "made it" into the prototype version will not be used in any future games.

They will be giving some prize to those winners as compensation though.

Dodongo

rly likes smoke
BRoomer
Rumor has it that a Capcom dev privately stated the game was cancelled for lack of a fan response. For ******** reasons unknown, they were only counting those fans who were members of the Capcom devroom page.

If you're angry over the cancellation of MML3 and the prototype, let Capcom know how badly they messed up. Go make a comment about it here:

http://www.capcom-unity.com/go/suggestion/box

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
for a handheld with 50 million billion remakes and/or spinoffs/ ******** mini-game version of original good game, i'd say legends 3 was the best 3ds was gunna offer for a while
you missed my point entirely. I'm saying no matter what system, what game, it's not worth to buy a system for one game. If you only are interested in one game on a system, don't buy it unless you poop money.

EDIT:

Woops off topic

So I'm highly disappointed this isn't going to come out. Might of gotten a 3DS for this if it had come out
It's the best remake ever.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I wonder if Capcom is secretly losing money and cutting their budget? Granted MvC3 and SF4 are doing a heck of a job, but it feels like forever since a non-fighter by Capcom came out.

Ah well, I could care less about Capcom now if they do start investing more into fighters =/. Woot for Sf X Tekken.

Dodongo

rly likes smoke
BRoomer
Honestly, I kind of hope they are losing money. They've really alienated their core fanbase over the last few years.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
It seems that this little incident regarding Megaman might be the start of his downfall, Capcom seems to be ignoring Megaman lately.

I truly hope it doesn't end up that way, and that's coming from someone who's never played a single Megaman game in his life.

:phone:

Life

Smash Hero
Watch them pull a Duke Nukem Forever and release this for WiiU2 in like twelve years (after which point it'd BETTER BE GOOD).

Or maybe I just smell a shorter-term publicity stunt? What better way to hype up a game than to watch the fans explode when you go to cancel it?

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
(after which point it'd BETTER BE GOOD).
That's what everybody said about Duke Nukem Forever and look how that came out.

I honestly hope this doesn't end up lasting 12 years to make because A. Crapcom isn't some low budget company that's getting shut down ever 3 years because of poor management, and B. because poor management makes for a really terrible game. Sure they get waaaaaay more time to work on it, but not when they keep scrapping the game to make use of current technology, then scrap it again to use even more current technology

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Why does Capcom act like every single fan sits on their website, giving ideas and discussion = fanbase?
They're just using it as an excuse and putting the blame on us. They won't clearly come out and say what's really the problem.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Mega Man Legends 3 being canceled is a tragedy. Especially since they hyped it as a fan-driven project and it's been in demand for over a decade. But given what Capcom's been doing lately, I am not surprised at all. I miss the days when they actually cared about putting quality content into their games instead of pushing half-***** betas on people for full price, only to release the full game a few months later, and including locked content already on the disc that you have to pay to access separately. Seriously. They've become one of the most greedy companies in the industry. To me, they're right up there with Activision.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Anyone know if anyone's asked Inafune for his response to Legends 3 being cancelled? I'm just waiting for him to slam Capcom. lol

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Anyone know if anyone's asked Inafune for his response to Legends 3 being cancelled? I'm just waiting for him to slam Capcom. lol
http://www.siliconera.com/2011/07/20/keiji-inafune-talks-about-mega-man-legends-3s-cancelation/

It's basically what you'd expect from any Japanese developer. He doesn't say anything direct and just says how he's sad about the cancellation and thanks the development staff. The article mentioning how he never bought a 3DS for the game definitely says something though...

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Wow it's stupid how they just slam their fanbase as the cause for the game's cancellation. There was A LOT of interest for this game and just because it wasn't being posted on their website, doesn't mean that there were people actually interested in this.

And the creator didn't even buy a 3DS for this game? Something doesn't smell right with that.

D

Deleted member

you missed my point entirely. I'm saying no matter what system, what game, it's not worth to buy a system for one game. If you only are interested in one game on a system, don't buy it unless you poop money.

It's the best remake ever.

i'd say its worth buying a gamecube solely for melee

either way, I am not so poop brained that I'm not gunna get other good games when they come out but no legends 3 is a huge loss, good job capcom/ all current gaming companies and keep milking out your ****ified, dumbed down games for the ****** masses who buy diarrhea drivel of games, fresh out of a buffalos butt hole

Dodongo

rly likes smoke
BRoomer
Why would they assume that their fanbase only included the people who posted in the devroom? I'd wager that less than 10% of MML fans even knew it existed.

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
I don't understand this whole situation. Is Capcom basically saying that not enough fans were contributing to the dev room so they canned the whole project? I just get this feeling that we were supposed to make the game for them.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer

theeboredone

Smash Legend
If I have to offer any defense for Capcom Euro's statements...it's that it seems like he doesn't have a full understanding of the English language (given some words he leaves behind) and that could also mean, he doesn't fully understand how insulting he sounds.

At the same time, you figure someone from Capcom would have told him to stop.

And with that latest tweet I read courtesy of Luigi Toilet's...I retract my statement.

That or the account got hacked.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I really hope this is a smart marketing ploy on Crapcom's part by increasing anticipation for the game by cancelling it and then necroing it

Knowing them they're probably just really really stupid

:phone:

Top Bottom