• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mega Man Legends 3 (Cancelled)

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I really hope this is a smart marketing ploy on Crapcom's part by increasing anticipation for the game by cancelling it and then necroing it

Knowing them they're probably just really really stupid

:phone:
I'm hoping that's the case. Hopefully Capcom didn't see the 3DS as a profitable platform so they'll develop it for something else.
But that's a long shot and I doubt that is the case.

I actually made an account on Unity just for the Dev Room. I didn't post a lot on the comments/discussions but I did check up on the site regularly along with voting on everything. And concerning Inafune never buying a 3DS, I'm going to assume that he knew Capcom was never going to greenlight the game since the beginning.

On a side note, I'll leave this link out here for those who haven't listened to it yet.
http://www.capcom.co.jp/rockman/dash3/sound/bgm3.mp3

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
Wow, that PR guy is terrible. He basically blames the fans and then instead of admit his mistake he tries to weasel out of it by saying he isn't blaming the fans but Capcom. Capcom would have to be crazy to keep this guy on staff.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
I love how they blame the fans for the game not being made. I mean Capcom are the people who are supposed to make the games, they shouldn't have to rely on fans to make a good game.

M@v

Subarashii!
I read those tweets. I didn't think it was possible for a corporate representative to be so stupid.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
I'm not buying any more Capcom games until the company gets its act together, and I urge you all to do the same. Their behavior lately has been ridiculous.

This isn't just about ML3, btw, but also about MvC3 being a $60 beta and having DLC characters on the disc itself, RE Mercenaries 3D being a shameless cash grab, and their recently atrocious PR. I see no reason to support a company like Capcom right now.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I agree except the only Crapcom merchandise I got in the first place was Megaman X so I wasnt gonna buy much else anyways lol

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Yeah, some people say they will buy "used" Capcom games so the profit doesn't go to them, which isn't a bad idea.

Though personally speaking, I haven't bought a Capcom game in ages, and don't plan too.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
If you haven't already, every needs to join this petition. It's a long shot, but all you have to do is click a button. It couldn't hurt to try.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/10000...ck-Mega-Man-Legends-3/149316248475958?sk=wall
Thanks for the link. I doubt this'll change anything, but yeah, it doesn't hurt to just click "like".

I love MM (especially Legends), but that doesn't mean I'm going to boycott any of their games that I plan to buy.
I don't see it changing anything and all it'll do is have Capcom think that their new series isn't profitable so they won't take a leap of faith to try anything new.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
While you do have a point in that boycotting may hurt them more than anything else, but if Capcom gets to a point where they have to sell or lend their franchises to other companies, I'll take that over spending endless amounts of money anyday.

And like I said, Buying used means you can still play, while they don't earn anything out of it.

Finally, this was just the boiling point for me personally. dMc or whatever that crap is ticked me off to no end, failed localization of AAI2, MML3 being cancelled, and then the PR stunt that followed.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Them making Ultimate Marvel vs. capcom 3 also pisses me off. If I had known they would make an updated game I would never have bought the original MvC3. I probably won't buy anymore Capcom fighters anytime soon that's for sure. Capcom is just a bad company. And people say Activision is bad lol.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
They are

I'm tired of paying 70$ for a half ***** game every year that's basically an expansion pack of the original

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Thank goodness I didn't get that special edition version even though I have the original, yea...I'm just that weird I guess. :/

Dodongo

rly likes smoke
BRoomer
CyberConnect2, the producer of Solatorobo, has expressed interest in making MML3 for Capcom! I have no idea if anything will come of this, but it's something to hope for, at least.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I don't know much about Cyber Connect, but I love what they've done with the Naruto Ninja Storm franchise. I mean, it's not exactly the best competitive fighter out there, and I hear the online can get laggy...but overall the games are fun to play.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I don't know much about Cyber Connect, but I love what they've done with the Naruto Ninja Storm franchise. I mean, it's not exactly the best competitive fighter out there, and I hear the online can get laggy...but overall the games are fun to play.
Now just imagine if Legends 3 had the same budget as those Naruto games.

CC2 also made the .hack// games if you're aware of those. And they're also developing Capcom's Asura's Wrath.

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
I looked up that facebook page. Someone on there suggested testing the market with a remake of legends 1 and 2. I think it is a good idea. Wish more companies would test new markets with remakes of obscure or untested franchies instead of just canning the new product. Like I think if capcom had released Monster Hunter G for the Wii in the US and EU they would have made better estimates for Tri.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I looked up that facebook page. Someone on there suggested testing the market with a remake of legends 1 and 2. I think it is a good idea. Wish more companies would test new markets with remakes of obscure or untested franchies instead of just canning the new product. Like I think if capcom had released Monster Hunter G for the Wii in the US and EU they would have made better estimates for Tri.
A remake would cost too much money for Capcom if it's on a home console.
There's no huge market for the 3DS yet and Vita isn't out yet so they'd have to take a gamble on remaking a game people never bought in the first place.

Capcom's probably already skeptic after how badly sales were for MM1 and MMX's remakes.

Dodongo

rly likes smoke
BRoomer
Remakes of MM1 and MM2 would be awesome, but I don't expect it. :(

Lately, I've been playing MML2 on PC to alternately soothe/fuel my disappointment.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
No kidding, tbh I've never ever olayed a single Megaman game in my life, I've seen the classic X games as interesting titles so I'm not really impacted like some of the hardcore Megaman fans are.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I never played the Megaman series, but I did grow up watching the cartoon show (lawlz) and playing through the X series. Then again, I stopped playing the X series once it went 3D I believe with X8?

And I personally liked Command Missions. Not some over the top, original RPG...but simple and to the point.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
as a huge capcom fan, I can say this with no bias:

this was easily the stupidest, most nearsighted, and disrespectful thing I have ever seen them do last week. ever.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Having some of you guys not play any of the classic series makes me feel old. And I'm not even all that old. lol

Dodongo

rly likes smoke
BRoomer
http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=9085141

There's a new rumor that Capcom intentionally left the N.A. devroom open to see how many people register as servbots. If they get more than 25k, production may be resumed.

Considering the facebook campaign already has 30,000 people behind it, this could be a very real possibility. If you haven't already, please go to the devroom and register. It only takes 5 minutes or so.
Even EE did it, and he's our beloved backroom administrator.

theeboredone said:
Feels good. Like I got a spring in my step.
Huh? No wonder you haven't played any MM games....you're Spring Man!! :mad: :mad:

Dodongo

rly likes smoke
BRoomer
Holy crap, the devroom gained around 4,500 servbots just yesterday!

C'mon Capcom, you need to at least give us a response.

Top Bottom