• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MDL0 files from Non-Brawl games

Emeril127

Smash Cadet
I just had a great idea! how about replacing the ice Climbers with both Scyther and Scizzor!

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
Why Scyther and Scizor? o_O It'd make more sense with like..... Plusle and Minun or something...
That would imply that they're equal, but Nana's mind isn't fully evolved to the level of Popo's. No one that evolved would die for no reason and be an overall obstacle in Popo's quest for glory.

Anyways, does anyone know if the model resizer simply refusing to resize a model means that you need to do it by hand (relatively) or does it mean that I'm doing something wrong?

Personally, I'd make the Ice Climbers Dialga and Palkia, but chibi-fied.

NAMQ_DrunkeNFeasT

Smash Journeyman
I just had a great idea! how about replacing the ice Climbers with both Scyther and Scizzor!
/drools

mmm I say this can sure be something :)

BIG EDIT!!!

Why Scyther and Scizor? o_O It'd make more sense with like..... Plusle and Minun or something...
omg... I can... die... if this just happens T.T...

before smash came out I saw a page (which I can't find now to link it >.<), Super Smash Bros. 3 (or online I think), that showed future incomming characters to the new smash game (which was brawl)

and there was Daisy, Plusle&Minum, Mewtwo, King K. Rool, Dixie Kong, etc, many characters were there, like from every nintendo game, and they also gave a move set to them...

when brawl was on it's days I told my friend, I will so Main plusle and minum !!!

they were not there :(...

but guess what if you make em... I will completly explode!!! and main them :D!!!

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
That would imply that they're equal, but Nana's mind isn't fully evolved to the level of Popo's. No one that evolved would die for no reason and be an overall obstacle in Popo's quest for glory.
Well in mathematics when you multiply a positive and a negative you get a negative, and rabbits (at least I think that's what Plusle and Minun are supposed to be) like to multiply, so really Minun has the upper hand there.
(yes I know they're supposed to be electrical terminals)

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
Super Mario Sluggers is all in one big .Dat file I cant find anything usable accept for brtsm

shock44

Smash Journeyman
Nobody know how to fix this?
*hand messed up*
Okay you apparently didn't catch it cuz someone way earlier told you what to do to fix it. I'll tell you now just cuz I'm a nice guy. Okay it looks like you are trying to move bones when the model is in T pose. You're not supposed to do that. You should only move the model when you have an animation selected and are not on frame 0. So what you need to do is just go back to when you just got done hexing the model and just replace the one with the messed up hands with the old one and that should fix it. Then when you want to move the hands you need to select an animation from a motion etc file and make sure you are not in frame 0. Then you should be able to move the bones without it looking too weird.

Manko91

Smash Cadet
Okay you apparently didn't catch it cuz someone way earlier told you what to do to fix it. I'll tell you now just cuz I'm a nice guy. Okay it looks like you are trying to move bones when the model is in T pose. You're not supposed to do that. You should only move the model when you have an animation selected and are not on frame 0. So what you need to do is just go back to when you just got done hexing the model and just replace the one with the messed up hands with the old one and that should fix it. Then when you want to move the hands you need to select an animation from a motion etc file and make sure you are not in frame 0. Then you should be able to move the bones without it looking too weird.
Oh thanks a lot!
And forgive for not paying attention to your previous post

NAMQ_DrunkeNFeasT

Smash Journeyman
is it possible to even view animated .gif in brawlbox with a hacking method?

would be awsome if we could do that and add bones to them, I want this animations to be in brawl for my future uses

I want to atleast use these things to create .chr0 files so brawl characters can have a dance taunt or something, hopefully someone can answer me this, I don't want to respot all this again >.>

***With kryals Brawl Box, and the new update to be comming (the bone adder) would it be possible to do what I'm asking?***

Edit:

I'm not talking about forwaffles bone adder btw, Kryal will be releasing something similar (superior) in brawlbox, and with it, maybe we can add all Bones to each body part of the Guild Wars Dancers, and name the bones related to the Smash characters or even imported characters, and give this animations to them

I hope this can be done.

shock44

Smash Journeyman
is it possible to even view animated .gif in brawlbox with a hacking method?

would be awsome if we could do that and add bones to them, I want this animations to be in brawl for my future uses

*Too many pictures*

I want to atleast use these things to create .chr0 files so brawl characters can have a dance taunt or something, hopefully someone can answer me this, I don't want to respot all this again >.>

***With kryals Brawl Box, and the new update to be comming (the bone adder) would it be possible to do what I'm asking?***

Edit:

I'm not talking about forwaffles bone adder btw, Kryal will be releasing something similar (superior) in brawlbox, and with it, maybe we can add all Bones to each body part of the Guild Wars Dancers, and name the bones related to the Smash characters or even imported characters, and give this animations to them

I hope this can be done.
Uh. Let me say this, there is no way you can take a FLAT picture that is animated and make it into a 3D model being animated. The only thing you could do to make those dance moves be in brawl is by looking at pretty much every frame of the animation and just pose your model for every frame of the animated gif. Keyframes can help you somewhat if you know what you're doing to make it easier on you. But there is no way you can just take a .gif and make a model think of it like a .chr. Because the .gif is a flat animated image and the model is a 3D object with bones.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
I remember every single one of those dances. Synchronized dancing in Guild wars was especially fun with Rangers and Necromancers(male and female).

NAMQ_DrunkeNFeasT

Smash Journeyman
Uh. Let me say this, there is no way you can take a FLAT picture that is animated and make it into a 3D model being animated. The only thing you could do to make those dance moves be in brawl is by looking at pretty much every frame of the animation and just pose your model for every frame of the animated gif. Keyframes can help you somewhat if you know what you're doing to make it easier on you. But there is no way you can just take a .gif and make a model think of it like a .chr. Because the .gif is a flat animated image and the model is a 3D object with bones.
ohhh kk, well... guess I won't be having GW dance's in smash :(

about flat picture, G&W is flat and I can make a character have he's animations without getting flat :p

but that is not an option for this :(

DahremRuhar

Smash Ace
About Mr. Game and watch being flat...
You see, he's not truly flat, he is a 3d model of a flat object. If he was truly flat within the game, as in a "sprite", he would face the camera at all times, an effect know as "billboarding".

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
About Mr. Game and watch being flat...
You see, he's not truly flat, he is a 3d model of a flat object. If he was truly flat within the game, as in a "sprite", he would face the camera at all times, an effect know as "billboarding".
Uh..I thought everyone knew that? I pretty much knew that ever since Melee. Of course his model is 3D, and I managed to make him 3D as well. I do know that it's something in his FitGameWatchMotionEtc.pac or FitGameWatch.pac file that causes him to turn 2D in-game, but I haven't figured out what exactly. Could be a value in hex.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Alright guys, some things are going to change here...

Keep this topic for mdl0 imports and getting them working, including help and support. Anything that doesn't relate ("I think ____ should go over ____ because [some reason not relating to the discussion]", general chatter about stuff not relating to models, etc) will be warned for minor spam. I don't mean to disrupt a good discussion, but this topic's growing at a rate where new posts are left behind 10 pages a minute!

To show off stuff and get feedback, we have a Brawlbox Showcase thread for a reason :p

Garrett223

Smash Cadet
Could I get some help with darkrai working? I got his model in brawl. works fine. but what doesn't is his anims >_<

Fen__

Smash Ace
Could I get some help with darkrai working? I got his model in brawl. works fine. but what doesn't is his anims >_<
Do you want to try that last sentence again? Do you mean he doesn't have any animations? The animations aren't inherent. You'll have to find the respective chr0 file (if pokepark wii has chr0's) and hex the animations.

Garrett223

Smash Cadet
Do you want to try that last sentence again? Do you mean he doesn't have any animations? The animations aren't inherent. You'll have to find the respective chr0 file (if pokepark wii has chr0's) and hex the animations.
Well, pokepark wii does have Chr0 files, but I like how darkrai looks with his legs more, So I made him an entirely new animation set.

Emeril127

Smash Cadet
Well im woking on syther and scizzor over ice climebers because its steel and Grass and i have a cool final smash for them

pokelover980

Smash Ace
okay, from wat ive experienced, don't replace the (character)shd model. once i stopped that my models have worked perfectly
I thought it was obvious not to replace that? That's the characters Shadow model (I think), used for making shadows or something. Replacing it ends it complete disaster most of the time.

SabataDX

Smash Rookie
I got a question that I wanted to ask. I'm not sure if this is the right thread or not. I wanted to make a monster hunter tri character but I found that each character is broken into many parts. Is there some kind of tool or method I could use to somehow combine everything together as one character or is that too advanced for now. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Zeruel21

Smash Journeyman
I got a question that I wanted to ask. I'm not sure if this is the right thread or not. I wanted to make a monster hunter tri character but I found that each character is broken into many parts. Is there some kind of tool or method I could use to somehow combine everything together as one character or is that too advanced for now. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
Sorry, but you'll have to wait for the model rebuilder. At this point, any game that has characters divided into separate parts is impractical to use, unless you only want one piece.

SabataDX

Smash Rookie
Thanks, that's all I needed to know. Although maybe making a floating head would be fun. But yeah I guess I got to research on this model rebuilder thing.

Stoney

Smash Apprentice
[loh-kay-shuhn] n. The act or process of locating
watch it not come out :p
Go outside and perform an Unjinxing Ritual right now, mister. I swear, if you just brought the wrath of Murphy's Law down on our heads...

Hey ive been meaning to ask but does Metroid Prime three have Mdl0s?
I actually have some interesting new information to report regarding that. Turns out that there are unpackers for the .PAK files used in Metroid Prime 1 and 2 on the Gamecube (apparently the files were encoded differently for each game). If Prime 3 had as much of its content ported to the Wii as I suspect, one of the unpackers might work on its files.

This doesn't mean the game uses MDL0s. In fact, it probably doesn't because it wasn't made in Japan and wasn't originally a Wii game. But the only way to know with 100% certainty is to unpack those files. (I did not find the MDL0 string when I looked at them with a hex editor, but the compression could have affected that.)

Top Bottom