• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MDL0 files from Non-Brawl games

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Hence me saying relatively. :p

However, I'm pretty sure he replaced SONIC with these.. Which is impressive.

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
OMG YES! it works now ;w;
I most say, you made an incredibly great work on getting it work RandomTBush!
if it was an "brawl hacking" prize anyone can win, you should win the prize 8D

need to test on dusknoir!

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Whoa.... Does Pokemon Battle Revolution Use mdl0 models? If So we can bring scizor to the brawl! *shrieks* lol jk btw Do These mdl0 also contain the proper bones?
Also it would help the Mewtwo hack tremendous.

Suren

Smash Journeyman
Hey RandomTBrush, would the ported version of Mario Power Tennis for the wii have the MDL0 file for ShyGuy...I'm very curious where ShyGuy can be found as a MDL0 file.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Can't wait to get started on mah Junior <3

But, I wonder if his other models have enough bones, how many does his NSMBW model have?

By the way, what do you use to unpack .arcs? I tried arcman and u8mii, but for some reason the download either didn't come with the needed files or they just aren't working.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Ok, I got Naruto to load over Ike and what I feared is true.
He's small!!1
Anyway to modify that?

Almost forgot,
Thank you RandomTBush!!1
I think you can modify a setting in PSA to make them larger, but it shouldn't affect the collisions (as far as I know). I'm-a try that out with Roll in a bit.

Hey RandomTBrush, would the ported version of Mario Power Tennis for the wii have the MDL0 file for ShyGuy...I'm very curious where ShyGuy can be found as a MDL0 file.
*puts another check mark on the wall*

I'm not sure about Mario Power Tennis, but I have a feeling that it won't have MDL0s, since it's basically a Gamecube game running on the Wii hardware. I might check it out at a later time, since I don't have it right now.

Can't wait to get started on mah Junior <3

But, I wonder if his other models have enough bones, how many does his NSMBW model have?

By the way, what do you use to unpack .arcs? I tried arcman and u8mii, but for some reason the download either didn't come with the needed files or they just aren't working.
Bowser Jr.'s NSMBWii model has 33 bones (a bunch of them aren't actually used, though). His MaSatOWG model has about 76, and has a higher polygon count. But his head is a separate model, so you'd have to rebuild it before it's usable. :V

As for an ARC extracting program... I used ARCMan for the NSMBWii models.

I second this. It would be interesting if we could import things from Melee, or at least find a way to covert Melee's files to the proper format to use.
I don't know, but I don't think it's MDL0. Otherwise, they would've cracked the format long ago.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Nothing will open his SMG .arc. ;_;

Hm, how would I rebuild his MaSatOWG model? :p (revised, just forgot about the rule. To save time, could you PM the file to me? For some reason his brres looks a bit different in hex than your pictures.)

n64billy

Smash Ace
HAUNTER.....WILL.........LIVE!!!!! :3
(And if he doesn't have enough bones then OH well, I'll just make a different Ghost pokemon and finally have something to replace Gaycario with [Settle down fan-boys, just a personal opinion])

EDIT: ZOMG! 250 Posts. Wootage! One free cookie for everyone in the next 5 minutes!

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Well, animations...but you would have to go through every single animation and resize the TopN bone to make him properly sized.

AND WE NEED ARCEUS's MODEL. NOW.

Not for a character, but for an epic stage hazard. Cause that would be sweet.

Suren

Smash Journeyman
Im checking out a list of wii games right now to see if there any characters people would like so i can list off the wii games. This will make things easier so we can compose a list of games without having to keep suggesting. Either that or find them ourselves and I personally don't mind doing that . I don't want to make RandomTBush do all the work.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Im checking out a list of wii games right now to see if there any characters people would like so i can list off the wii games. This will make things easier so we can compose a list of games without having to keep suggesting. Either that or find them ourselves and I personally don't mind doing that . I don't want to make RandomTBush do all the work.
I already have a list of games that I'm maintaining at the bottom of the first post. :V

Also...

Don't let the perfect-ness of this image fool you. While the textures are fine right now, they seem to have the same error that SqLeon's Ichigo model had, where the textures seem to go haywire at random moments, and in random stages. (Well, I guess this image can show that models keep their rigging when put in Brawl, and don't have to stay in Model-T all the time...)

I'm going to have to look into that, but first, I think I should get some sleep.

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
HAUNTER.....WILL.........LIVE!!!!! :3
(And if he doesn't have enough bones then OH well, I'll just make a different Ghost pokemon and finally have something to replace Gaycario with [Settle down fan-boys, just a personal opinion])

EDIT: ZOMG! 250 Posts. Wootage! One free cookie for everyone in the next 5 minutes!
try to make him as a stage :3

ds22

Smash Lord
I already have a list of games that I'm maintaining at the bottom of the first post. :V

Also...
*Roll*
Don't let the perfect-ness of this image fool you. While the textures are fine right now, it seems to have the same error that SqLeon's Ichigo model had, where the textures seem to go haywire at random moments, and in random stages. (Well, I guess this image can show that models are rigged and everything, for anyone who didn't believe that they were.)

I'm going to have to look into that.
The Naruto model also has the texture error at some points.
What I wanted to say/ask, is that Roll model size edited in PSA?

Tsuyoshio

Smash Journeyman

Also...

Don't let the perfect-ness of this image fool you. While the textures are fine right now, they seem to have the same error that SqLeon's Ichigo model had, where the textures seem to go haywire at random moments, and in random stages. (Well, I guess this image can show that models keep thier rigging when put in Brawl, and don't have to stay in Model-T all the time...)

I'm going to have to look into that, but first, I think I should get some sleep.
what game is that?

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
The Naruto model also has the texture error at some points.
What I wanted to say/ask, is that Roll model size edited in PSA?
Yeah, and as a result of that, she has a huge collision box... I'll see if I can find another way to resize the model without any side effects later on.

what game is that?
It's still Brawl, but I put Roll in from Tatsunoko vs. Capcom. I found out how to fix the brightness error for those models -- I made the rim_t texture fully transparent as opposed to being partially transparent.

Suren

Smash Journeyman
The list Im composing is games that you don't have on the list yet. Im going by what I think is the game people would suggest. If Im wrong then people will end up suggesting anyways.

Edit: Sense I know you already have Naruto and Bleach related games I didn't bother suggesting them.

shock44

Smash Journeyman
Can someone who knows how to hex edit well walk me through step 6? Tell me step by step what do I click what do I type in and what I look for, because I'm not exactly clear on step 6. Also tell me what hex editor you use.

Suren

Smash Journeyman
Here is a list of games I gathered people might suggest and please note, most of this was random guesses:

Animal Crossing: City Folk

Bomberman land

Code Lyoko: Quest for Infinity

Crash: Mind over Mutant

Crash of the Titans

Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop

Death Jr. II: Root of Evil

The Destiny of Zorro

Destroy All Humans! Big Willy Unleashed

Dewy's Adventure

Dokapon Kingdom

Donkey Kong Barrel Blast

Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3

Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors

Elebits

Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo's Dungeon

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

Godzilla: Unleashed

The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy

The Incredible Hulk

Iron Man

James Cameron's Avatar: The Game

Kamen Rider: Climax Heroes W

The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon

The Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Link's Crossbow Training

Mario Party 8

Mario Strikers Charged

Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2

Metroid Prime: Trilogy

Mortal Kombat: Armageddon

No More Heroes

Ōkami

One Piece: Unlimited Cruise Episode 2

Rabbids Go Home

Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition

Rygar: The Battle of Argus

Samurai Warriors 3

SD Gundam: Scad Hammers

Sega Superstars Tennis

Sin and Punishment: Sora no Kōkeisha

Sonic and the Black Knight

Sonic and the Secret Rings

Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity

Sonic Unleashed

Soulcalibur Legends

Spider-Man: Friend or Foe

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

Super Mario Galaxy

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Smash-Up

X-Men Origins: Wolverine

DMN

Smash Cadet
Can i request a model here?
I saw that in the first page the TvC characters where crappy.I would like Ken,Jun,Saki,Alex,Ryu & Lilith(if she's possibe)

Overdrive64

Smash Journeyman
Yea it does but the only issue I see with using blaze is that she would always be in her winter Olympic clothing right?
That outfit isnt much diffferent from her usual one. Besides dont the first and second olympics use the same models? We could just take the regualr olympics model

Suren

Smash Journeyman
That outfit isnt much diffferent from her usual one. Besides dont the first and second olympics use the same models? We could just take the regualr olympics model
I dont think they do. But im not 100% sure either.

Wiimote

Smash Cadet
Hey, TBush, while playing around with the working Moonview Highway PAC you sent me, I noticed that when I try to take photos via Brawl's snapshot taker, every texture (except the LED texture, for some reason) doesn't want to show up in the pictures. Might be related to why you can't scale, rotate or translate it.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Well. If PBR works then i can finally change Ivysaur to Venusaur! Maybe Hitmonlee too! So many delightful possibilities!

Also, grats for getting it to work finally :)

Buci01

Smash Journeyman
so.... is it also possible to load the model animations also into brawl? Like loading zero into brawl within all his animations?

Top Bottom