• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MDL0 files from Non-Brawl games

•Col•

Smash Champion
im sorry i was just wondering is all people are speking of naruto and zero so much is all
Yeah, but those are separate people working on Naruto and Zero.

The thread creator seems to be more busy with helping people with solve problems right now. He might still be working on Bowser Jr. on the side though, I dunno. :/

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
I would help, but I'm in the same situation as you but at the moment I'm preoccupied waiting for the silver model. I'd get it myself but the head and body models are seperate.
i have a silver model ripped with the head and body on the same file

from mario and sonic winter olimpics the crappy game no one plays, it should have been an adventure game like a combo of super mario ds, and sonic adventure two battel! :D (longest game title ever)

can anyone find me a fox-like character? i want to make sly cooper...
http://www.raphaelsuter.com/img/pictures/SlyCooper.jpg
and dont tell me to use fox or tails D:<

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Gamecube game. Not likely.

In fact, is there a single Gamecube game with MDL0s? It would probably help (well, maybe not, no one reads anything before requesting :() if we were able to just make the stamement "No Gamecube Games use MDL0"
PS2 too, but I doubt the game's popular enough to have the model format cracked anyway.

from mario and sonic winter olimpics the crappy game no one plays, it should have been an adventure game like a combo of super mario ds, and sonic adventure two battel! :D (longest game title ever)
But the whole point of them competing in the Olympic Games is that they're rivals. Why would they be in a platformer game together?

piggybank67

Smash Journeyman
just wait for RandomTBush to figure out how to make rigged models into mdl0's
we could probably rip him from his PS2 game and use him :p
which would turn the door we opened into a black hole]

never thought id make naruto look like ike instead of the other way around :p

going to complete running and upload a GIF

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
just wait for RandomTBush to figure out how to make rigged models into mdl0's
we could probably rip him from his PS2 game and use him :p
which would turn the door we opened into a black hole]
ive had no luck ripping him... it crashed my one lappytop
and at tommopuppy:
because, sonic and mario are awesome enough to do that :3

Suren

Smash Journeyman
i have a silver model ripped with the head and body on the same file

Well if you don't mind could you send me that file in a pm?

Edit: I'll look for a fox like character if i can figure out what wii games have them.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
****, 3 pages in the time it took to watch the Texas Chainsaw Massacre with my mom (stupid movie btw, left 4 dead is more gorey >_>).

Glad to see everything is going well. I'm normally not a fan of Naruto, but it's certainly coming along nicely :D.

Smash Bro

Smash Journeyman
RandomTBush said:
8. Go to each and every Materials1 subgroup for the model, and go to the MDL0Offset listed for them. (It's listed in decimal, not hex.)

9. Delete the byte set in red (0x38 bytes ahead from the beginning of the header)....

9b. ...so that it looks like this. Then go back to the beginning of the Materials header and jump forward by 0x0414 bytes. You should end up at a spot that looks like this:

9c. Add 4 "00" bytes here.

...This section gives me trouble. What do the bolded parts mean? Is 0x(so-and-so) in hex or decimal? Please explain.

EDIT: I noticed that Blaziken is progressing pretty well. I may as well stop hexing my Blaziken model (but don't let that stop anyone from further helping me with the above). I have quite a few ideas for Blaziken, and if he gets his own thread, I'd be glad to share. Then again, if I really wanted to, I could just download the finished product and then tweak it to how I like it... But I digress...

Revven

FrankerZ
In theory, you could however, you'd only be able to use him if you replaced a character in MKWii for him on the ISO since there is no SD loader for it (however, Riivolution will eventually allow SD loading on ANY game...)

This same question was asked earlier except TvC was the example. Please try not to ask questions that were already previously answered. D:

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Does this also mean that we could do it in reverse? I'd like to see Sonic in Mario Kart :D
Theoretically, yes, but it'd be difficult since each game handles the MDL0 format differently, and if I recall correctly MKWii is particularly problematic.

Emeril127

Smash Cadet
Working on scaling it up and tweaking the bones, then it'll be ready for a model swap. What do you plan to do with it? We could form a team like Zero's got going for it.
I was planning on making him a character to play as, I could help you with animations if you want, im pretty good at that.

Suren

Smash Journeyman
Anyone thought of doing that guy from Spectrobes yet? I'm just making a suggestion. If someone wants to take claims on that go ahead. It's not down my alleyway.

piggybank67

Smash Journeyman
first 3 frames of naruto running DONE!
but i have to go to sleep im tired as crap...

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Here's a texture I'm working on:

That image is obviously fake, I just edited the hair and face on that one, here's the real picture:

And now I'm off to sleep, see ya.

ChuteTheMessenger

Village's Strongest Hitman
That...looks like a loooot of work there in the OP.
Whoever writes a script or app that does this will win the internetz.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
No. Still no.

Oh wait, my apologies, I thought this was the Brawl Box thread, haha. When I said that, I thought you had mentioned that because it was only a texture, but I said it would also have animations, which are made with Brawl Box. Pardon me, too bad you cannot delete posts. Well, now I'm really going to sleep.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
That...looks like a loooot of work there in the OP.
Whoever writes a script or app that does this will win the internetz.
Dantarion's working on it. By the way, how is that going, Dantarion?

Oh wait, my apologies, I thought this was the Brawl Box thread, haha. When I said that, I thought you had mentioned that because it was only a texture, but I said it would also have animations, which are made with Brawl Box. Pardon me, too bad you cannot delete posts. Well, now I'm really going to sleep.
You could just edit your post...

Wacka Alpaca

Smash Cadet
Hey again guys, I am REALLY confused at the part where you start fixing the Material1 data.
I just cannot fathom what i am supposed to do.

This is what i tried to do:

I check the offset in BB, it says -26120
So, i convert this number to Hex, that works out to: 6608

In HxD, i go to Offset(h) 6600, and then move over to 08 09 0A 0B (because the hex # ends in 08)

I then delete said numbers (08 - 0B)

After this, i add 1044 (The decimal form of 0x00414)
This brings me to 7652 on the left most column.

but because it ends in 2, i add the four 00 groups infront of that.

Now, when i open this in BB to check if the material is fixed, it crashes. :(

Can someone point out what i am doing wrong? Thank you so much!

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
Aight, goodnight. Cant wait to see what you create tomorrow :dizzy:

MaRRoK

Smash Journeyman
im just curious about some things. firstly, to animate these bad boys, do you need to rename the bones to brawl-friendly bone titles, or do you keep them the same and animate from scratch?

FYI anyone doing a Naruto character (piggybanks), I have an animation done of the hand signs for my kakashi's fireball jutzu. it looks amazing. PM me for it. (that might apply to whoever it was that was doing Lee, but to my memory, he DOESNT use jutzu? is that right or am i just crazy?)
in addition, ive got a ton of kung foo animations that i would be more than willing to share/ port over if i have to.

alright. tommorrow is goign through the last parts of my wii collections for .mdl0s. wish me luck!

Top Bottom