• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MDL0 files from Non-Brawl games

n64billy

Smash Ace
Okay I've run into some problems with Klonoa.
Problem 4: When Klonoa tries to grab someone he has to be right in their face to grab them and when he throws them the character that is thrown teleports to his death to the left down part of the stage.

Problem 5: When a character throws Klonoa, Klonoa disappears off the stage leaving a big long strip of black geometry going diagonally across the screen. Then after a few seconds this happens:

I'm pretty sure that that problem is caused by our characters not having an "HaveN" or "ThrowN" bone... In my experince, whenever the game doesn't know where a polygon or model should end (due to the end of the model being cut out or a bone misplaced), then it just decides that it should infinitely stretch out to the lower left of the screen, and in some cases the entire screen as well.

ds22

Smash Lord
first 3 frames of naruto running DONE!
but i have to go to sleep im tired as crap...
Nice progress (seeing all those pictures).

Isn't ds22 helping you with that?
I can't animate, which is why I asked you a few days ago to help me.
But anyone who want to help with Naruto's animations, PM either me or Piggybank67 (preferable Piggybank67).
I'm the one responsible for getting the PSA to fit the model again.

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
Hey again guys, I am REALLY confused at the part where you start fixing the Material1 data.
I just cannot fathom what i am supposed to do.

This is what i tried to do:

I check the offset in BB, it says -26120
So, i convert this number to Hex, that works out to: 6608

In HxD, i go to Offset(h) 6600, and then move over to 08 09 0A 0B (because the hex # ends in 08)

I then delete said numbers (08 - 0B)

After this, i add 1044 (The decimal form of 0x00414)
This brings me to 7652 on the left most column.

but because it ends in 2, i add the four 00 groups infront of that.

Now, when i open this in BB to check if the material is fixed, it crashes. :(

Can someone point out what i am doing wrong? Thank you so much!
dont add on the decimal form. keep add on heximal
6608 + 414 = 6A1C

ds22

Smash Lord
We all say we "bought" the game(s).

Anyway, I found out that bone nw4r_root (BoneIndex 0) always stays in the middle of the stage, rendering most of the ground attacks in PSA connected to bone 0 useless (same goes for graphics, like landing dust).
Changing it to 1 (or to the BoneIndex of the bone which contains the most bones) in PSA seems to fix this (in the case of the Naruto model, bone Y).
Could be useful for future PSA's for the Models.

piggybank67

Smash Journeyman
im downloading a bunch of random games to see if they have mdl0's
while i work on the animations
can't wait to finish run i wanna see what it looks like in game

Batandy

Smash Apprentice
add Nicktoons Globs of Doom to the non-working list,'cause all the files are in a .trb format,
Anyway does Super Mario Galaxy has mdl0s?

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Well, I go to sleep for the night, and then this topic reaches 1,000 posts by the time I wake up.

Anyhoo, I tried a Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games model in Brawl (Toad, since I was asked for his model).

While they work over other characters, they're missing their face (since it's a separate model), they seem to vanish when the camera is at a certain angle/zoom level, and they are really dark in-game (not just their textures, but also their material properties need to be changed).

add Nicktoons Globs of Doom to the non-working list,'cause all the files are in a .trb format,
Anyway does Super Mario Galaxy has mdl0s?
M'okay. I mainly started up that list because of a bunch of people asking if the Pokémon Battle Revolution models were MDL0 or not. :V

And if I recall correctly, Super Mario Galaxy has BMD files, which are different than MDL0s... I think. I'll have to take a look at them.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
I added a few more games to the first post, ones that are said to have MDL0s. Since I don't have any of them, I'll need someone else to confirm them. :x

And which game is that model from, piggybank67?

piggybank67

Smash Journeyman
I added a few more games to the first post, ones that are said to have MDL0s. Since I don't have any of them, I'll need someone else to confirm them. :x

And which game is that model from, piggybank67?
The game is Toshinden
there's alot more and they're really cool ill get some more pics up soon
hw :/

Ketsueki

Smash Rookie
Hi, can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

I've followed the tutorial and I moved the segment of 0's to 0x0414 bytes from the beginning of each of the material headers. I have all of the textures on him and I'm replacing Link if that matters.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Hi, can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?
I've followed the tutorial and I moved the segment of 0's to 0x0414 bytes from the beginning of each of the material headers. I have all of the textures on him and I'm replacing Link if that matters.
People are already doing Zero (and got him working fully). Just join their group and help them.

Ask BigSharkZ or Eldiran, or Kurobit.

Top Bottom