• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MDK Presents ~Hype Not Hate~ Brawl Weekly Casuals

MDK00

Smash Ace
Yo Rae, can I please borrow your Bioshock, my copy isn't working and I'm dying to get past Farmer's Market. And yo, you can trust me, I'll beat it in a week and give it back.
sry man but u must be krazee son lol. btw why do i get the feelin ur g/f will be better in brawl then u soon enuff...

btw vids uploaded.
btw mikey is gettin much better watch out. u earned MIP (most improved player) of the week in my books

MDK00

Smash Ace
ur jigz sucks rae..ill mm ur jigz :) lol

u better enter tourney rae or your labeled as softy!

4 tvs..nice.
lol its my first time playin brawl jiggz. she feels really similar to melee jiggz so it was very worth usin her alot that day. no jiggz MM for u, u crook!

lol go ahead label me softy.

5$MM at GOML jus for saying that. be a man. accept

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
imma try to make the next one even though i dont play brawl (johnz)

Link *****.

Bug~

Smash Ace
I'll MM you rae after I win singles ;)

man..you seem different..more (dare i say?) nice -.-

I miss all the **** talking :(

oh well i guess i gotta get used to the new softy rae.

MDK00

Smash Ace
I'll MM you rae after I win singles ;)

man..you seem different..more (dare i say?) nice -.-

I miss all the **** talking :(

oh well i guess i gotta get used to the new softy rae.
r u runnin singles first? cuz i wont be around til the end of the whole thing =S

no point in talkin **** to ppl who object to MMs and even FREE challenges for that sake. like ambrose for 1. i never heard some talk so much **** (especially to my face), not only will he not back it up with a MM but he wont even accept a pride match. how lame is that? i pretty much came to realize that n no point in really hypin up if everyone is bein gay about it.

then there was that lil episode with nate. i'll never really understand how that worked out but okay lol.

ambrose new avatar...

like another good example was ambrose and kingace come thru my door and the first thing kingace says is yo i'll MM u 5$. with the stupid look on his face its more then clear that he is tellin ppl he can beat me and hes better then me n im scared of him and i wont accept an MM w/ him. So he asked me thinkin i wud backdown. im sure he was ef'in shocked when i sed yea rite away. guess wut he does. says uhh i dont have money, i only have american =S okay.... no johnz please

im jus use to a total different crowd of ppl. im not use to ppl bein all friendly and stuff. like percon for example. i never met some1 so modest in my life =S. if i was on his level u will never hear the end of my madness. hes so nice hes like something outta da carebears show. if he wore a t-shirt with a rainbow on it i wudnt be surprised.

the whole PR drama really took its toll on me tho i wont lie. but theres definitely no point in hypin and talk smack if u dont take the game competitive. u feel me?

Bug~

Smash Ace
ye i know wat u mean, but its only you whos against the PR..many of us are cause I personally dont like how its being ran..I will explain more on msn as i dont want to start any beef here.

LOL AT ACE, i cant stop laughing at that..so fail! tell me rae wen i have refused mm's wen i had the money..almost never man and u know it. Im gunna have 28 bucks for tomorrow, 15 for singles, 5 for doubles, 8 for food. If I get any more money than we will mm for sure.

I personally miss your enthusiam and energetic hype attitude..I cant do it alone, we need your black voice..its so much cooler. come on rae, bring back your cocky personality and run ****...

Mikey7

Smash Lord
sry man but u must be krazee son lol. btw why do i get the feelin ur g/f will be better in brawl then u soon enuff...

btw vids uploaded.
btw mikey is gettin much better watch out. u earned MIP (most improved player) of the week in my books
lol thx, I've been taking everyones advice and being able to watch myself is a huge plus. But I'm still not good enough : (

MDK00

Smash Ace
I personally miss your enthusiam and energetic hype attitude..I cant do it alone, we need your black voice..its so much cooler. come on rae, bring back your cocky personality and run ****...
lol get off me. if u want a hug find percon.

ambrose aka dodge caravan
kingace aka kingnado aka b-spam aka whornado aka da molester
bug aka buggaboo aka buggy boy
lawlbot aka lolibot
niko aka niko muh **** kay!!!
mdk aka da rapist

lol nicknames are so great. lol dodge caravan

MDK00

Smash Ace
lol thx, I've been taking everyones advice and being able to watch myself is a huge plus. But I'm still not good enough : (
drop the modest act u chain grabbin cheater. lol =) i think ur around bugs lvl now as long as u get that tech chase down hardcore. not sure how well u noe da game n watch match up but u vs bug wud be interesting =D

@GI: im takin ur gf as my disciple. i will train her to beat u muwahahaha.

@Dud: come female rapist. **** Gichan!!! (plz not sexually, keep that in GI's room)
^ oh **** exposed lol!!!!

CATFIGHT! DO IT DUD!
http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=4990522&postcount=514

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Bug, I know you aren't trying to start anything, but I talked to you in real life and you still can't get over it?

Don't argue with me, become silent cause you ran out of things to say, go home and then **** talk the pr behind my back.
I'll talk to you tomorrow about the subject, but if you're gonna be trying to use the same lame arguements that fall apart when we actually talk about them then we might as well skip it.

How would you run the PR? And where would you put yourself on the pr?
I REALLY want to hear the answer to that second question.

Also Rae bring the hype to Bug's whenever you arrive. It hasn't really died... its just not " I'm gonna combo you and yell in your face as loud as I can while doing it " GG style hype lol.
I do think rivalries are really good for the scene, I just try to keep that stuff in the game.

Mikey7

Smash Lord
GaW ***** Dedede hardcore (if GaW forces Dedede to use up B, it is hard for him to get back on the stage if GaW plays his cards right) but I'm definately not denying my chaingrabbing abuse lol.

Bug~

Smash Ace
Nate its not something I want to talk about though..personally, I just feel it should be ran in a point system not a panelist vote cause it could be biased (this does not mean im accusing u guys as being biased)..I trust all of you but I feel it would be better for the community if it was ran with a point system.

If it was up to me..I wouldn't be on the PR.

I would run it a way that satisfies everyone..the whole community.

MDK00

Smash Ace
PR drama needs to be taken to the PR thread. keep that outta my thread plz n thnx.
i dont wanna see a another post about.

anyways anyone interestin in comin down sunday?

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
lol Mikey if I play your Dedede I'm gonna yell "How do you like it!?" when I chaingrab him.

Bug I thought about it just now, and even if we ran with points I think the pr would look allmost exactly the same. I mean, other than say the bottom 3 or so I think it'd be pretty much identical.

Anyways, I've gone over a lot of the details vs the point system and its not that bad, but it has its own set of inacuracies as well. Especially in our community where Niagra is a seperate place and people can't all hit up the same tournaments all the time. I don't really want to go into it too much either.

Also, that old saying " you can't please everyone" comes to mind here. You sure can try, but its allmost impossible to do. I think our pr system has a good large majority % of our community satisfied, its not like if you adopted a point system you'd suddenly raise that percentage. So saying " I would run it a way that satisfies everyone" is pretty naive of you.

Edit: LOL Sorry Rae I didn't see the post untill I wrote this one. Anyways its not really drama (at least I dont think so) I'm just discussing anyways....
Melee Jiggs is too **** eh?

MDK00

Smash Ace
lol Mikey if I play your Dedede I'm gonna yell "How do you like it!?" when I chaingrab him.

Bug I thought about it just now, and even if we ran with points I think the pr would look allmost exactly the same. I mean, other than say the bottom 3 or so I think it'd be pretty much identical.

Anyways, I've gone over a lot of the details vs the point system and its not that bad, but it has its own set of inacuracies as well. Especially in our community where Niagra is a seperate place and people can't all hit up the same tournaments all the time. I don't really want to go into it too much either.

Also, that old saying " you can't please everyone" comes to mind here. You sure can try, but its allmost impossible to do. I think our pr system has a good large majority % of our community satisfied, its not like if you adopted a point system you'd suddenly raise that percentage. So saying " I would run it a way that satisfies everyone" is pretty naive of you.

Edit: LOL Sorry Rae I didn't see the post untill I wrote this one. Anyways its not really drama (at least I dont think so) I'm just discussing anyways....
Melee Jiggs is too **** eh?
melee jiggz is too good =O. funny story. so im playin with IB and obviously hes kickin my a$$ for like hours. so i wus like dammit this is not workin out. WWND... (what would nate do?) pick jurrglypurff!!!

i felt a hell of a lot better. although since neither adnan or IB know much about jiggz i kinda had to figure it on my own but im gettin most of it down.

im really fond of multiple jumps i finally realized.

i go watch runawayfire jiggz vidz now. where do i subscribe

btw. NO MORE PR TALK IN MY THREAD!!! dont make me go incredible hulk on ur dumba$$es!

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Haha well, we never recorded matches half as often as we do with brawl so all my vids are really old.

Jiggs in a nutshell : You have the best air movement in the game, all of your aireals are good (dair being the worst.) Bair is the best for spacing. Use rising pounds inbetween jumps and now you can recover from virtually anywhere.
Jiggs also has one of the best gimp games offstage, predict and intercept your opponent and its pretty much only going to take one good fair for them to be doomed.

After shielding just jump out and use an aireal to counter, Jiggs is the best person in the game at doing this.

Rest people, its your best move:

Hit an uptilt or uair at low damage? Rest.
Duck under Marth/Sheik's grab? Rest.
Fighting a Fox or Falco? Up throw -> Rest.
Someone does a laggy move too deep into your shield? Jump out and Rest.

^These are all what I would consider safe rest setups. Anything else relies mostly on prediction and can go very wrong for you if you miss.

Generally the rule is:
Is your opponents damage percentage 15% or greater?
Rest will kill them now.

(If we get to play melee tomorrow I'll show you all this)

MDK00

Smash Ace
is d-air really that bad? **** i wus kinda usin brawl as my basis. cuz d-air in brawl is too good. btw does d-air to rest work?

and i kno in brawl u-tilt doesnt hit in front, is that the same for melee? if so when the hell shud i use u-tilt.

my jiggz needs to put ppl to sleep. sleep b!tches sleep...

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Well, dair has its random uses, as due all her aireals. But the other ones are waaay better. Dair is better in brawl lol.

Utilt still only hits behind. With Jiggs its VERY imporant which way you're facing. Seeing as how when things hit the spacing game you're allmost allways gonna be using bair.
Also, Jiggs has a crossup game lol.
You can short hop a well timed nair and travell through your opponents shield, flick them up above you with utilt if they go for the shieldgrab on the wrong side (people can't just flip out and whip around out of shield like in brawl) and plant the rest.

Jiggs is only facing the opponent like 50 percent of the time, she's the only one like that lol.
- Also if you wanna see vids Mango is the god of Jiggs.

MDK00

Smash Ace
Well, dair has its random uses, as due all her aireals. But the other ones are waaay better. Dair is better in brawl lol.

Utilt still only hits behind. With Jiggs its VERY imporant which way you're facing. Seeing as how when things hit the spacing game you're allmost allways gonna be using bair.
Also, Jiggs has a crossup game lol.
You can short hop a well timed nair and travell through your opponents shield, flick them up above you with utilt if they go for the shieldgrab on the wrong side (people can't just flip out and whip around out of shield like in brawl) and plant the rest.

Jiggs is only facing the opponent like 50 percent of the time, she's the only one like that lol.
- Also if you wanna see vids Mango is the god of Jiggs.
yaaaaah the cross up game. lol d@mn so i wusnt the only one who realized this. i wus crossin up mikey hardcore towards the end of the casuals with down air. too good.

and thank u for mentionin how they cant reverse grab in melee. that wus actually a minor lil thing i wus thinkin about but need to play more to confirm it.

wuts better outta shield n-air or f-air? which is faster f-smash or d-smash?

Tipzntrix

Smash Apprentice
Hey Rae, it was fun. I'm sorry I had to leave at 7:15, but I'll be back. I'll also be at GOML.

TheDUD

Smash Journeyman

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
stupid question: is thier melee or no ?

if not i might still come out to this and bring out my Link .

MDK00

Smash Ace
everything is good for this wednesday. hope to see everyone here!

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
Tonight was pretty fun. I got to face a lot more people than I expected, so shoutouts to those who I did get to play...

Danny: **** you. >( Stupid Snake. Man, you just keep getting farther and farther. It looks like I'll have to work twice as hard to catch up...but I'm not going to give up! Just watch me.

Mikey: Congrats, you've gotten me to hate Dedede and Snake. Man, you really stepped it up. I had a blast playing against you! Too bad you don't have more level 100s. I'd challenge you to a battle. :laugh:

Gi: Ugh, Bowser. I had no idea he was that good. You gave me quite a hard time today. >_< I'll be better prepared next time! And I look forward to the progress of your secret character, if you choose to continue to use that person. As a tip, more projectile spam. =p

Dud (I think I got that right...): Awesome Ness! You're really awesome! Hopefully we can have more matches next time!

J.L: I'm glad I finally got to fight you. I didn't know that you used Marth. You're extremely good with him, and getting 3 stocked was...kinda amazing. o_o;, I know that Pokemon Trainer is low tier and that Marth is one of his worst matchups, but I just had to use him. It's hard to explain. Even though he's probably going to be low tier in the long run, I want to continue to main him for a very special reason. XD But yeah, good games!

See you all next week...maybe?

J.L

Smash Ace
you love my n64 DK gimps. Too good lmao!! cargo throw to jump up b. BROKEN lol

good ggs to everyone I played there. Too bad we couldnt finish our set Mikey.

Marth is making a return...

Mikey7

Smash Lord
Yeah JL we need to finish that set lol.

Yuuki I got 2 lvl 100s and a lv 80 lol...now that I know I have someone to play with I'll level up the rest of my team : p Also is double team banned?

Good games to everyone else I played, too lazy to do shoutouts.

J.L

Smash Ace
u know what im finding? marth doesnt have as much range as i thought he did. DDD's bair beats Marth's fair. MK's fair beats alot of things. You really have to space yourself very well so it is extremely hard. Other than that hes pretty good. But yeaa i wouldnt use marth against mk and snake unless I have to. but im still training him up for the match up just incase.

MDK00

Smash Ace
u know what im finding? marth doesnt have as much range as i thought he did. DDD's bair beats Marth's fair. MK's fair beats alot of things. You really have to space yourself very well so it is extremely hard. Other than that hes pretty good. But yeaa i wouldnt use marth against mk and snake unless I have to. but im still training him up for the match up just incase.
yah i agree, MK's f-air can beat marth's but marths air control is great enuff that it makes it harder for MK to land. but then agen thats where tornado prevails.
but i definitely recognize n-air to be very good =S

iunno marth has the potential to *** MK up tho.

i really hope ppl are taking their time to learn when they play here. i still need to learn the match up against marth a bit more but especially snake and diddy.

@raynex: u wud be surprised at how hard it is for MK to take on diddy.
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z2pbi0Azf0
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=K-Her04sppc
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=31pjKLdhJDM

learn to glide toss my friend

Mikey7

Smash Lord
lol, I don't care about Double Team. Use it if you want. XD
Ok, then I've got 3 lvl 100s and 1 lv 80 and I just got my amazing 5th pokemon up to lvl 15 yesterday lol (stupid EVs).

For the record I think Marth is at a slight disadvantage vs Dedede, but Marth can really control the ground with dtilt + dancing blade (even though if anyone dancing blades me I just shield grab them after the 3rd hit).

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Okay, I'm definately reaching next week. MDK you can def practice against my Marth.

Also, I want a Marth ditto with J.L if he makes it :p

Top Bottom