• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(MD/VA) $up@ N0v@ Presents: HEEM! 5-5-5

Status
Not open for further replies.

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
free minus turney for a dinner??? wtf is that?

might as well jus give me like 25 bucks cause if i win the turney imma ask you to buy the most expensive thing at red lobster xD

also if this snow doesnt alm down this might not be happening....
Yeah this snow is killer.
They say it's gonna snow again tonight...

And 25 bucks isn't too bad...
But i probably will put a cap on it. No more than $15

And what do you guys think about prohibiting broom/playtesters from entry? i'm fine with it, but i think it'd be too advantageous to those who play broom builds by being around broom members who have it and play it with them while not, themselves being in any way directly associated with the production of the project. Since it's free I think anyone should be able to play, but if you guys think otherwise...

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
dang...gave da dude my smash resume and didn't even respond to me _-_.
No worries...June is able to go to this. We will bite yall to death! ;) Prepare yer selves! haha jk

Yo nova can I have the 5 dollars waived since I gotta drive such a long distance. It's a lot of gas to get the MD

Oath.

Smash Ace
Why the **** do good players ask for teammates on the boards, KNOWING that they will get a bunch of scrubs (in their mind, not necessarily in mine) that will ask them? Why not just ask people in private? You're just hurting these poor kids' feelings, you know damn well you're not gonna team with anyone who isn't ranked, so stop whoring yourself.

And scrubs, stop asking good people to team, you're just setting yourself up for failure. Cause good people only team with the same people all the time, I really have no idea why this goes on, this is part of the reason why there are always like 6 teams in MD/VA tourneys. God, you guys are playing for peanuts now, so sad. Long live 08/09 brawl, cause this **** is pathetic now.

Oath.

Smash Ace
I don't play brawl at all anymore, but I'm still in the community for the cool people. And that's a generic response papa lobos, the dashing one would expect more from you :D

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Why the **** do good players ask for teammates on the boards, KNOWING that they will get a bunch of scrubs (in their mind, not necessarily in mine) that will ask them? Why not just ask people in private? You're just hurting these poor kids' feelings, you know damn well you're not gonna team with anyone who isn't ranked, so stop whoring yourself.

And scrubs, stop asking good people to team, you're just setting yourself up for failure. Cause good people only team with the same people all the time, I really have no idea why this goes on, this is part of the reason why there are always like 6 teams in MD/VA tourneys. God, you guys are playing for peanuts now, so sad. Long live 08/09 brawl, cause this **** is pathetic now.
Dashing, simply, dashing.

Lobos

Smash Master
I mean why care what people do......playing brawl or not.....nothings gonna change and u just looking mad with the ranting lol know what im saying

Oath.

Smash Ace
Not really, I'm content with the way I ended playing brawl. Placed in the money at my last tourney, only losing to my two favorite smashers, EE and Cafe, and I won a tourney in 2010 son! Plus I never ever ask better people than me to team, unless nobody else is coming that they'll team with.

I'm just saying, it's dumb to ask for teammates on the boards. You're gonna get like 5 average/bad people asking you to team before one good person accepts, and you're gonna look like a huge douche when you deny snowball bob who asked first, yet accept takeover who asks like 20 posts later.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Not really, I'm content with the way I ended playing brawl. Placed in the money at my last tourney, only losing to my two favorite smashers, EE and Cafe, and I won a tourney in 2010 son! Plus I never ever ask better people than me to team, unless nobody else is coming that they'll team with.

I'm just saying, it's dumb to ask for teammates on the boards. You're gonna get like 5 average/bad people asking you to team before one good person accepts, and you're gonna look like a huge douche when you deny snowball bob who asked first, yet accept takeover who asks like 20 posts later.
Dashing with the truth at the speed of light.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
lol Lobos speaking that knowledge. U need to chill son. U don't even know me. And yer very ignorant to think that only the people that u know of are good. I'm not even gonna say anything cuz lobos summed it up. FYI I'm actually am and is recognized as a top level player. I'm just new to the tourney scene. But foreal what does rantin on like that on boards do for yer life? lol

U have a point tho and that is the reason why many people don't advance in many things in life. They don't take risks and ONLY stick to what they are familiar or comfortable with.

Coney

Smash Master
i asked on the boards because i didn't know who was coming?

i mean the reason i asked is because i didn't know who was going, and the reason i asked if alan was was because we're obviously crewmates and we've teamed before so i'm more comfortable with that

i'm not really in contact with many smashers so i'm not going to go through the trouble of asking all around, it's just easier to just ask in the thread

are you truly suggesting that it's wrong for me to choose a partner i'm familiar with, one that's in my crew, over players i've barely spoken to or played ever

in any case i don't see what's worth all the outrage

Coney

Smash Master
also @ mekos i don't feel comfortable teaming with someone i've never played with before, sorry i didn't respond the first time, it was more of a quick "hey btw i can't go"

SnowballBob33

Smash Ace
honestly idc. id be the same way in their position. you really shouldnt hold it against somebody if they think u ****in up their chance of gettin money. just beat them later and if you cant then they made the right decision after all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom