• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MD/VA Power Rankings: Updated 8/14/12

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Sano, Coney n Hat aren't on cause we cut it to top 10, oh well
im not good enough i mean i placed almost last at pound 4.......9th at kosha boy.....2nd at one C3.....and everything else was first...

look at the rankings....

me... 9th....2nd....1st....1st....almost last....1st...

candy...5th....1st....1st....i forgot at pound....4th...

eh i cant do anything but keep trying...lol
Please, lets not make this a pity party.

My original thought was to have you as first but after Pound where Candy got 17th and you got last I kinda feel he pulled it out over you, he's out placed you at two big OOS events, you had 1 more in local tourny wins as the season closed but lets face it dude, Pound held A LOT of weight. Hat, Candy and Tant had the most to do with the list creation this go round, I just read the debates and offered a little side input.

Also, I'd like to see Omni on the panel next over Greg.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
In the season, Boss won just as many tournaments as candy

Overall, it is ranked as a season

P~S also won just as many tournaments, the top 3 are well above everyone else. What order to put them in came down to consistency. Also, Jan C3 wasn't on this one either.

Maybe if boss hadn't split with candy and accepted 2nd at c3 he could've been #1. Candy has been more consistent overall throughout the period. Its not our fault if boss wants to sandbag against Infern Angelis, Oh., EE, Sassy, etc. He should've actually played.

Just because boss won the last 2 shouldn't over shadow the entire season. This is why you all aren't on the rankings panel.

Deez.

Smash Lord

P~S also won just as many tournaments, the top 3 are well above everyone else. What order to put them in came down to consistency. Also, Jan C3 wasn't on this one either.

Maybe if boss hadn't split with candy and accepted 2nd at c3 he could've been #1. Candy has been more consistent overall throughout the period. Its not our fault if boss wants to sandbag against Infern Angelis, Oh., EE, Sassy, etc. He should've actually played.

Just because boss won the last 2 shouldn't over shadow the entire season. This is why you all aren't on the rankings panel.
The first person who made sense... lol :laugh: I guess I kinda agree wit tant in this situation, its Boss fault if he wants to sandbag and what not... but I still consider him are best player but that's just a matter of opinion..:( looking back at Old videos Candy isn't as bad as i thought LMAO! maybe I was jus hatin for no reason... my badz.. *walks out slowly*:laugh:

Then again... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q05mlDcwoZE

Tehehe

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
^take that **** down ***, its not needed nor accurate anymore, get rid of it lol
I'll do what i want with it. **** off lol

Also, I'd like to see Omni on the panel next over Greg.
will be done

Sano, Coney n Hat aren't on cause we cut it to top 10, oh well
that's why top 15 is better ;)

Sano: beat ybm
Coney: beat P~S and CO18(although d3s are dumb)

It's a shame they have no representation on here. I'll make an honorable mentions list for players who barely didn't make the list

ESOJOSE

Smash Ace
LOL this is stupid... no one will ever be satisfied with the PRs... it really does seem like there trying to keep a black guy from being at the number one spot though.. just saying..lmao
black people are keeping themselves from the #1 spot. They good but they get distracted too easily with Popeyes chicken.

lmao... high on drugs I hope? I never thought Candy was one that stood out in Md/Va.. when I look at Md/Va I look at Neo,Chu,Boss,P~S,MeEp. nothing personal candy but I honestly think you and Takeover are on the same level.. Don't try and fire back at showing me up.:( I'm just telling you my opinion...:ohwell:
You sir are an idiot. thats just my opinion :ohwell:

We def need new Panelist... there's too many byist people on it... but what do i know? lmao
Actually no, the members on there are from different crews.

I honestly thought it would be boss 1st and Candy 2nd. >_>

We the people want to know why the list is as it is.
Each has 2 1st place. Pound Candy did better. Boss outplaced him 1 tourney. C3 didn't count for this ranking. so each outplaced each other once but Candy did it at pound which weighed a lot more. Though if Boss continues this pace then hell def be #1 next ranking.

Bmx everyone thought that it would be that way... well everyone who isn't related to candy that is... XD but what do "we the people" know? hahaha...
You don't count as part of "the people". Silly monkey, just cause you have thumbs, that doesnt mean your human.

im not good enough i mean i placed almost last at pound 4.......9th at kosha boy.....2nd at one C3.....and everything else was first...

look at the rankings....

me... 9th....2nd....1st....1st....almost last....1st...

candy...5th....1st....1st....i forgot at pound....4th...

eh i cant do anything but keep trying...lol
See what I wrote to BMX's quote. Dont worry though u still my #1 Chocolate teddy Graham

Real Power Rankings:

1.Boss
2.P~S
3.Candy
4.Chudat
5.Omni
6.June
7.Neo
8.Meep
9.Takeover
10.Esoj

Look no further people we fixed the power rankings... WERE SAVED!!!:chuckle:
You sir are still an Idiot. This is why ur not a panelist.;)

For the most part i agree. I thought that PS did bad this last season. I believe i heard hes gotten like 7th 4 out of 5 tournies. I could b wrong, just saying what i heard.

Finally, Lets not all forget ESOJ for #1 in MD/VA!!!!! YAY!!!!!

KageMurphy

Smash Master
SLIK -

The region def seems like its been more active, if we can get those 30 numbers at events again then I'm sure the panel would have no issue raising the list back to 15, I certainly do not.

And yeah, I meant update the unranked list correctly lol, no more then 5 mentions are needed IMO

edit: good work

junebug

Smash Journeyman
im guessing the last C3 wasn't taken into account? dang it. ;_;

good stuff candy, boss, P~S, chu, omni, meep, neo, takeover, and esoj!

g-regulate

Smash Hero
i liked hats list of 1. boss 2. candy, and 4. chu 5. omni, but i guess "the panel" overruled us. that's what the panels for, i guess.

Famous

Smash Champion
Your reign of terror will end soon...What the hell does that mean?Your taking a break, busy at work, going to school? ***** tell me something...

Edit...Never noticed n!gga was censored...

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
WTF, Coney an honorable mention but Sin isn't? Sin was on the previous PR and is one of MD/VA's best, not to mention he plays MK, a character which this reigon has very few of and imo needs more of actually.

Sin didn't enter Pound or last week but still, there is no reason he shouldn't be an honorable mention if Coney is.

KORNNNNN~

Smash Master
WTF, Coney an honorable mention but Sin isn't? Sin was on the previous PR and is one of MD/VA's best, not to mention he plays MK, a character which this reigon has very few of and imo needs more of actually.

Sin didn't enter Pound or last week but still, there is no reason he shouldn't be an honorable mention if Coney is.
first.. deez's posts......... now your post...

Byist fest baby!!! lol

Coney

Smash Master

he's right. it's clear that character choice is crucial when deciding who does and doesn't deserve recognition. you know, you guys should put this fella on the panel!

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
Coney, the fact is we only have one MK on the PR right now (Omni). Not to mention he just came back, Forte and Korn quit. Just imagine if Omni didn't comeback, well Sanoscy would probably make the PR then. But still my point is, this reigon DOES have variety in characters which is great, but this is just my opinion. Unless D3 can chaingrab the character and/or its a stupid CP, D3 is a terrible character.

D3, isn't very mobile, to me he seems like a Ganon with more jumps and Waddle Dees. Against characters he can't CG, all he really has are tilts, bair and shieldgrab. Thats it, and its hard for him to approach without getting ***** because he's so big, etc.

I don't want to make a page long post cause no one reads my **** anyway, and I don't want to start a flamewar. I don't mean to discredit you or anything, you're a legit player but IMO once you get to higher levels in Smash, I think you're going to need to pick up a secondary (not Peach, a high tier) cause IMO D3 can't do it on his own. Against an MK that is better than a D3 player, MK vs D3 is 100-0 MK. Your character can't beat MK really, YOU have to be a much better and smarter player because MK ***** your character.

I'm not certain of anything, but to my knowledge you haven't really travelled out of state (neither have I except for CoT4, but I'm bad and thats not the point). Ride johns DO suck.....but still. If you went to a Viridian City tourney or something, thats NJ, that place is filled with MKs. You WILL have to play against MKs and IMO unless you pick up a secondary or something, with only D3 you won't be able to cut it against good MKs.

Coney

Smash Master
i'll try to answer this on a bullet point format

- DDD's hard to use at higher levels, yeah, but i like him. i'm not playing this game for the money or the glory or to succeed at high level national play. this is why i come to one event every month. i mean, why the hell do you think the only three characters i honestly play are DDD, peach and ness
- discrediting what i've done because of my character is borderline laughable. if i've done enough to accomplish a spot (which i'm not saying i have), that's the panel's decision and it should be independent of character choice.
- yeah, i only went OOS once i think, and i did terribly. no johns at all. i ****ed up bad. and i lost to two MKs! but i'm working on it. played a lot with omni after that, and i'll continue to improve in that MU.
- lol @ ride johns, i'm usually the one GIVING people rides. it's more that i don't have the kind of money to be pumping $30 into the scene every single week. that and i'd never take this whole thing as anything more than a hobby anyway. too stressful otherwise.
- maybe i'll get better, maybe i'll hit a wall, who knows, it remains to be seen. but for RIGHT NOW, if the panel honestly thinks it's good enough, it's absurd to say "well he might lose in the future, so w/e"

your logic is flawed, you've come undooone

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
Let me put this blunt and simple. I said I'm NOT discrediting you cause of your character. Nearly every D3 player I know either quit D3 or picked up MK. Other than CO18, these are the D3s I know.

Taj - Plays MK now
EE - Plays MK now (so I've heard anyway, I don't know if its true but he has used MK on me once in tourney)
Atomsk - Still has his D3 but plays MK and ICs alot now
Seibrik - Quits D3 for MK and I don't know how long ago it was, but its still recent I believe he beat Ally

I don't pay attention to alot of out of Staters tbh so I'm probably missing alot of good D3s. Don't worry I haven't forgotten about CO18, but to my knowledge he's the ONLY D3 who competes at top levels and does well with D3, but from what I'm seeing, people are quitting D3 because they realize he isn't that good of a character. IMO he's as good as Fox, D3 should be C tier if you want my honest opinion. He has the CG, but against characters he can't CG, then its GG against players that are better than you, match-up wise you're fukked.

Anyway, there are top tiers he can do well against, like Wario, and no not Snake, nades *** D3 up IMO.

Bottom line, you're a good player, but your character is holding you back, and holding you back to a point where you aren't doing as well as your actual skill level is. I heard you had a Game & Watch, main him or something IMO

Famous

Smash Champion
Rofl, I played nothing but MK's in 1st-2nd round pools give or take 2 people...I was thinking too hard about the MU during 2nd round and blew a brain cell...Then just said "fk it"...

I really don't care about the PR rankings...It's basically showing everyone who to look out for in the long run...I'd rather remain hidden as always =D

Boss, you still haven't answered my question....D=

Kenrawr

Smash Master
Maining G&W would just make Coney worse.

D3 IS his character. Stop trying to convince him otherwise. He's on the honorary list for having notable accomplishments.

Hop off Sin's nuts. Poor guy is probably EMBARRASSED by your support.

Lobos

Smash Master
ah snaps panada bear at #1 followed by koolaid guy @ #2.......then riley @#3....

This is legit!

**** our region is stacked with mexicans and blacks......and the 1 asian guy and 1 whereever june is from guy.

:)

llamapaste

Smash Journeyman
Poyo, you're worng about D3 not beating Snake, and this is coming from a Snake player. D3 destroys Snake's recovery and it is very hard to avoid getting grabbed at least a couple times every match. It's 60-40 D3's favor.

d3's the 8th best character in the game behind Snake, MK, IC, Marth, Diddy, Falco, and Wario. D3 has a great recovery, grab game, decent aerial game with bair although his airspeed is slow. He gets destroyed by MK and Falco. They are both probably 65-35 matchups in Falco's and MK's favors respectively. People quit D3 becuase these two characters wreck him and there are better options avaliable aka MK.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
^ wut? MK > Snake > Diddy > D3 > Wario > ICies > Marth/Falco, duh

I didn't quit D3, I just deny him for lulz and to make Coney rage at me lol

Top Bottom