• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MD/VA Power Rankings: Updated 8/14/12

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
i didn't know robots could embarassingly decipher your one-dimensional strategy of running away and holding the shield button with the 2nd best character in the game in a match-up in your favor, making you look freer than katie's vagina

#themoreyouknow
Considering your immaculate tournament record with C-tier characters, I'd reckon that for you our separation this was less of a "missed opportunity" and more of a "dodged bullet".

The hardest thing about your Standardknight is the fact that I wasn't around in 2008, so I'm used to fighting MKs that are more...developed. Refined. A good Metaknight is like an aged Cabernet Sauvignon. Yours is Pabst Blue Ribbon.

It is regrettable, though, that the only two I haven't slaughtered in tournament are you and NEO. No matter, I bet I could ask Bionic to put together a Metaknight script that does nothing but dash attack, tornado and punish spotdodges in a subpar fashion. Perfect simulation. I wonder how it would do against Kingtoon? Are you against substitutions?
I did at UGZ, in pools once. We were in a pool with Meep and Sassy. It's the only time, though, in a series of hundreds.

"Can't" and "haven't" are similar, dear, but they're two different-colored apples.

Consider: It's not that I can't put that old, disillusioned, sick dog out of its painful misery yet, I just haven't because I haven't had the fortune of having the mangy waste limp close enough so that I can. Plus, wouldn't it be dishonorable for a student to defeat his sensei, even if said sensei is senile, crazed and washed-up? Maybe you're right though, might be best to put you down Old Yeller style before you embarrass yourself anymore. Losing to G&W and Toon Link with the best character in the game? I don't even think you have to jump in those matchups. Please just hand off that character to someone with an ounce of insight, because it's obvious the last three years have just breezed by you. In a game where adaptation and evolution is key, you're Rip Van Winkle snoring on his laurels.

i actually might like to! please call me if you get something going or whatever :teeth:

i think kenny said some people were going down to VA, i can drive us down there maybe but we'd have to be back tonight and i'd need a bit of gas moneys
I decided to lurk this thread for a bit.

The above were the best posts I've seen in months.

Aside from that, the rest of you are boring.

That is all. Back to pretending you all don't exist.

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
Holy ****! Wtf!? I didn't know I was in something like that.

This isn't Azen's place. I think it's Phil aka Fonz' place.

Btw, this video made me really nostalgic about the Melee scene.
Yeah that's what I was thinking. I was like... I'm pretty sure none of us were around for Game Over.

I was 12 LOLLLL

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
That's no gooooooooooood. I'm out of town for my sister's wedding, and I won't get back 'till sunday night.

Whatever, if anyone's doing anything on Monday, PM me.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
wait is it gonna be at your place, seagull? where do u live again

SuperSayianRenan

Smash Journeyman
No can do phil. Passing on tournies for a little while. Well until WB :8. + I may be setting up a big tourny in laurel so I wanna work on that.

Ps. Joe hop of phils ****!!! Pick a different pokemon! Not his evolution!!! Pick something like charmander :$. You seem more of a Gengar type tho

:phone:

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
No can do phil. Passing on tournies for a little while. Well until WB :8. + I may be setting up a big tourny in laurel so I wanna work on that.

Ps. Joe hop of phils ****!!! Pick a different pokemon! Not his evolution!!! Pick something like charmander :$. You seem more of a Gingar type tho

I'm his evolved form peasant. Charmander is Kenny's pokemon and I am not gonna copy. The :wolf: pokemon is :059:. Don't care for :059:. :018: is a way of life.

Ginger type? I don't have red hair or freckles even. Lol.

Or did you mean Gengar? The :sonic: pokemon is Haunter and I do not want to be their evolved form.

@Logic, what character MM did you lose to Nexus o.O?

:018:

SuperSayianRenan

Smash Journeyman
Sry. Yes gengar. And w/e you should pick something different and new... All the old pokemon are outdated besides Mewtwo... Mewtwo will always be better than all pokemon... Until they come out with a better looking mewtwo :8

SuperSayianRenan

Smash Journeyman
Forute!!! You better go to WB next Saturday! I wanna have some rock band to play and sing to lmao!!!

Btw Kenny can we spend the night on Saturday and am I able to bring mindgames to it :8?

SuperSayianRenan

Smash Journeyman
wow MD is fucking SALTY. people out to hurt feelings.
Ahh this must be your first encounter with salty md/va :$. Honestly I don't like calling it salty... I just like to think we think of ourselves better than other regions/people :8. Healthy competition!

10Nexus

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I'll help anyone or listen to advice from anyone. If people just drive to me then we could play. June and Phil came to my house today. Was fun.

boss8

Smash Hero
lol its true..all i ever get is (boss play wario,luigi sucks blah blah)

OR

man i **** that guy,he's free,sry bro im like 9320302040 and 0 with u....

instead of us telling those type of people what they need to be wrking on in terms of gameplay....

we jus simply shut em down and keep playing.....we are gonna keep being a bad region unless we jus help each other **** other regions.....other regions scrubs even laugh at us xD

no one cares about the region though.....everyone jus lookin to get that quick pocket change...

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I'm always looking to improve Will. Your :luigi2: scares me more then your :wario:. People should play who they want, but they should be at least smart about their character. If you use someone like :luigi2: then you need to be smart and have decent mindgames. Hence why you do fine with those characters.

You utilize reads more then spacing and know game mechanics (Even if you seem like you don't). You realize how bad Landing Penalty (RCO lag) is for some characters and punish people super hard with jab>Up b or insert attack. I wish I was good at reading, but I simply am bad at it. I am good at technical stuff and spacing. The reason I can never perform to a higher level at this point is because I suck at mindgames.

Top Bottom