• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MD/VA Power Rankings: Updated 8/14/12

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
Renan if you want something to focus on you should focus on fighting game basics like...

- Minuses and pluses your most common match-ups have on block with their best pokes
- Cooldown of their best pokes
- Range of their best pokes
- Common application of pokes

A lock will definitely help you score a kill if you master it, but it won't change your overall merit as a player.

And that was serious advice btw, no trolling.

And GIMR stop ignoring everything I post on your wall you phuckboat.

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
Also to everyone:

I'm going to start being nicer. As much fun as it is to be a **** and make jokes (typically all in fun), I plan to have somewhat of a career in music and nobody really wants to be around a jacka$$ who makes them feel bad, and it's currently a bad habit. My frying people is going to be seldom in the days to come.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Also to everyone:

I'm going to start being nicer. As much fun as it is to be a **** and make jokes (typically all in fun), I plan to have somewhat of a career in music and nobody really wants to be around a jacka$$ who makes them feel bad, and it's currently a bad habit. My frying people is going to be seldom in the days to come.
aye son you can call me whatever long as them sloppy seconds getting passed down

:017:

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
If you actually follow through on coming over and practicing then I'll start replying :p

PS: I was at Genesis give me a break

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
Renan if you want something to focus on you should focus on fighting game basics like...

- Minuses and pluses your most common match-ups have on block with their best pokes
- Cooldown of their best pokes
- Range of their best pokes
- Common application of pokes

A lock will definitely help you score a kill if you master it, but it won't change your overall merit as a player.

And that was serious advice btw, no trolling.

Lemme tell you 'bout this man... See... this ***** right here be talking about fighting basics... You know... like FRAME DATA...

STOP! IT'S HAMMER TIME!

For real though. It was good advice. 'Cept for the know your frames ****. Don't limit yourself with frame data and think bad options aren't options at all. You want to play wise like Ally, not smart like Neo. AKA pick the option that you know will work. =D

Coney

Smash Master
renan, be careful not to do the low-level thing

low-level players often think "oh man i got this new technique i'm gonna beat EVERYONE WATCH OUT WORLD HERE I COME" and then show up and don't do it and do the same **** they've always done

learning stuff like that is helpful sure, but you're not magically just gonna start beating anyone you didn't before with something like that unless you improve as a player in parallel

SuperSayianRenan

Smash Journeyman
Your right coney. I don't plan to use it at your tourny until I have it down 100%. I'll do some self evaluating on my tactics. Gonna record my matches from now on and watch for everything that I screw up.

Good point Noid lol

:phone:

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
What you're suggesting wont be 100% even when you get into tournament.

Think: IC's except apparently harder to set-up.

But good stuff on trying to improve elsewhere.

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
Lemme tell you 'bout this man... See... this ***** right here be talking about fighting basics... You know... like FRAME DATA...

STOP! IT'S HAMMER TIME!

For real though. It was good advice. 'Cept for the know your frames ****. Don't limit yourself with frame data and think bad options aren't options at all. You want to play wise like Ally, not smart like Neo. AKA pick the option that you know will work. =D
the reason ally struggles with random semi-good players like mjg (toon link) is because of the sole fact that he only plays wise and isn't informed, ally's reads are impressive and that's where it stops. he gets away with a lot of bull**** because the general smash community is underdeveloped and underpracticed

you shouldn't try to stamp a label on my skill/playing yet either when you don't know what i've been doing because i've gotten a lot better. if i go to a bunch of regionals and get thwamped, then your input will be more accurate

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
Fair enough. KTAR6. Let's see it.

In other news, apparently Seagull has been trying to arrange our region to do a crew battle against FL at that tourney.

KORNNNNN~

Smash Master
Renan, just get better... lol

and stop going FD, unless it's really your favor

edit:
shot gun
back air jump approaches
block attacks
/seagull every wolf

you def camp *****

also whatup @ korn timing himself out vs my by sitting on the left side of battlefield attacking the air making 0 effort to approach and do damage
Approached at the beginning-mid way, and I got wrecked (damage)

Wasn't trying to time you out, when you're in the lead.. I just couldn't figure out how to approach you in a better way.
(pretty sure I said this on boards like 2-3 times before <_< )

Also to everyone:

I'm going to start being nicer. As much fun as it is to be a **** and make jokes (typically all in fun)
But don't take it personal, fellas!!!

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Renan You still use Peach? I got some tips! I've been sorta using peach, how many Ground float Bairs can you do in a minute?

Edit: Luckay I already talked to Gimr about something for Pit.

SuperSayianRenan

Smash Journeyman
A lot lol? I've changed my peach a lot over the past week. I've watched lots of vids and practiced some new stuff that I normally don't do. Hopefully when I play at coney's I won't have the same playstyle/habits as I did before.

:phone:

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Fair enough. KTAR6. Let's see it.

In other news, apparently Seagull has been trying to arrange our region to do a crew battle against FL at that tourney.
Yeaaaaaaaa. I think we'd beat em'. Neo, me, you, Junebug, Logic, and Lie with one person being the substitution~.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=307453

They have two :falco:'s with one that subs :snake: and the other subs :metaknight:, a :diddy:/:wario:, and a :diddy:.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
NOID why you don't throw practice sessions anymore?

hell why doesnt anyone play...I'd get back into brawl but I'm not using wifi...**** wifi.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
Dang I guess florida is free -smirk-

I lost to MVD at Genesis so I guess I really can't make that claim

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
o word... ?
yeah, went to game 3(Falco Vs. Wario) :/ I could barely see his grenades on PS1 with the tv we were using. I should've asked for a different tv. It was my own fault, he beat me fair and square. He's surprisingly good at the Falco match up, props to him

In losers I lost to Krystedez. He timed me out game 1 (Falco Vs. Wario)

Game 2 was on Brinstar(GW Vs. Wario). We were both on our last stocks. I had something like 70% and he had 30%. Right next to us, Zex Vs. Earth was happening and there was a HUGE crowd. I went onto the top platform and he jumped up to U-air me. Right then, Zex beat Earth and the Crowd screamed REALLY LOUD. I jumped a little(out of game) and pressed the X button on accident right when Krytedez U-aired at my shield, so I got hit and died. I was REALLY REALLY salty, lol.

It's all good though. I had a really good time. Plus, if a player is able to get me to last stock high percent, they are able to beat me. So it's not like if I shielded the U-air I was guaranteed to win the match.

I got 25 and tied with the likes of Mike Haze. Not bad, but I know I can do better

Logic got 17th

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Yeaaaaaaaa. I think we'd beat em'. Neo, me, you, Junebug, Logic, and Lie with one person being the substitution~.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=307453

They have two :falco:'s with one that subs :snake: and the other subs :metaknight:, a :diddy:/:wario:, and a :diddy:.
That's kind of so one sided that it's sad. I thought esam, seibrik, nick riddle, and mvd were attending for the crew battle. I don't really care anymore lol.

Top Bottom